Why don't you swim to work Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=AKpgHkaW7lQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AKpgHkaW7lQ

I don't work.

I just got hired at Toys R Us

Congratulations

me either

I haven't had a job in 8 years

My first job was assistant manager for one.

Last day of work I put Tyrone on my name tag and had myself a laugh when an old lady tried to thank me, looked at the tag, and just gave me a funny look while walking off.

Get a job.

Brisbane river is murky and full of bull sharks. No one goes swimming in it.

Give me one

They stole our jobs

Because this is the bloody 21st century and not taking a sub orbital flight to work is so ancient.

I hate people

>swimming in that dysentery fueled by somali diarrhea soup

How tf did u get assistant manager as your first job

Why don't you swim at work Sup Forums?

Just fucking get on Indeed and go take the first job that you get offered. That's what I did, I did a group interview and was the only white person out of 14 candidates. It was fucking easy. Now I'm gonna work overnights and put together bikes. Shits cash

>tfw you will never swim to work like poo master race

lol they shipped the jobs overseas then shipped the poos and chinks in to take the rest through affirmative action. we are so fucked.

"haha white boi cannot compete" you're right because they're actively told to discriminate against white men when hiring. we were never meant to compete with the entire fucking world for jobs.

I don't leave my house.

i don't live in texas

Because theres no houses built in-between where I work and the dam upriver, otherwise It'd be a cool idea. There isn't much boat traffic on the river at 7am.

I wasn't (and still am not) a complete idiot. It also undoubtedly helped that it was a brand new store so I didn't have to fight any seniority.

man I hope I can be Assistant Manager one day

>Interior Decorating: 3rd World Edition

Bet you he doesn't swim back home, fat fucker just rides the current there

Helped get me my internship, which helped me get my current six figure job, so, hey, can't say I'm ashamed of it.

Buck up though, friend; maybe one day you'll have something of value to put on your CV instead of just "experienced in making snarky comments on a Khazakstanian camel painting forum".

So basically you weer lucky enough to be at the right place and right time.

No a lot of us are that lucky. Either to be in the right place at the right time or know someone who get's us in the front door.

Again, luck plays a big role.

I'm not saying luck wasn't involved, because it's involved with everything in life. I wasn't lucky enough to be born to a rich family, or have a stellar childhood, or the talent to draw anything beyond stick figures.

But working hard, applying to dozens of places, being a respectable person, and aspiring for greatness in all that you do is a pretty good hedge against luck.

Yeah, there are people who do all that and still can't get ahead, but blaming luck for the sole reason they don't succeed, or not recognizing where life has dealt cards in their favor is just a bad attitude and doesn't help them get where they want to be in life. Furthermore, it's disrespectful to marginalize the achievements of people that they are envious of and automatically assume their peers didn't earn their status by the sweat of their brow.

I think that's one of the biggest reasons of tensions today, is that large parts of the US today see wealthy people and just automatically assume that they're better or somehow more deserving than they are without even trying to empathize with them or rationalize how they got to where they were. One particular example is a debate I had during the election where my interlocutor mentioned Trump's million dollar loan and "how easy" it would be to become a billionaire with an opportunity like that. I asked then why they don't go to a bank and pitch their idea to make a billion dollars for a loan of their own. When they said a bank "just wouldn't do that" I explained that it happens all the time and that the reason the Average Joe can't walk off the streets and do the same is because money isn't magic -- it takes time, skill, and effort to turn a profit -- and unless a bank thinks you're capable of that, they're not going to give it to you. I'd like to say something clicked with them for one brief moment where they understood the concept, but I try not to delude myself.

>But working hard

Ugh there's that phrase again. Stop saying that. Working smart is the proper phrase.

>it's disrespectful to marginalize the achievements of people

Not true. There are more people who deserve more credit to the likes of say for example Einstein or Thomas Edison (who was really a sum bag). Both owe a lot to Tesla. But you barely hear about Tesla. You mention Tesla to the average normie and they mark you down as a conspiracy theorist.

Which brings me back to the other point about working hard. Tesla worked hard yes but he didn't work smart and got screwed over.

>(who was really a *scum* bag)

Working smart means being efficient. Being efficient doesn't mean you can slack off and not work to your capacity. Trite, and wrong.

Your example I think plays into what I mentioned about lacking empathy and putting yourself in the shoes of the people you describe.

Tesla did what he loved, plain and simple. He was a master of electronics and not of business, unlike Edison. Tesla had no interest in setting up supply lines or manufacturing plants so that the common man could light his home with inexpensive bulbs -- instead, when asked of Marconi and his radio experiments, all he said was "Let him continue. He is using seventeen of my patents."

While it's admirable that you idolize Tesla for his achievements in science, you fail to acknowledge Edison's being responsible for producing systems and products that can actually be used by society, regardless of what you find his moral fiber to be made of.

I don't have a permanent job-site as a contractor.

Nor would it be efficient since there's no waterways.