Why is this shit so boring?

Why is this shit so boring?
Is there anything special about this show later on? I think I'm gonna drop this if it doesn't get better by ep 3.

When is that edgy fuccboi coming back?

there's plenty of action and if you read there may be a chance to see your author on the series. American authors are basically the bad guys. I have been reading the manga and the adaption it's pretty good

At least the MC is cute and makes cute reactions faces.

Yeah I guess the /lit/ authors is one thing that differentiates the show.
What's up with naming the characters after famous authors though?

I wish there were more cute girls in it. Show's a fucking sausage fest

I had only picked this up because of all the /lit/ authors, most importantly Dazai. After the first episode I binge read the manga up until the latest chapter and it left me a bit conflicted. I mean, on one hand the references are amazing. Seriously, major props to the mangaka. But the comedy is such a drag, and the plot should be somewhat less predictable.

but it has BOTY

2 episodes in and you are already crying. What a bitch.

>has #1 and #4 on newtype rankings

jesus fuck japan

Do they focus more on the other characters of the Detective Agency? The only reason why I've continued was because of this qt's episode.

More like Bungou Gay Dogs

Do these two fuck or were they just a one-time gag?

But the guys themselves are pretty straight.

Okay I just finished the Ranpo episode.
Did anyone else think his deduction "ability" was bullshit? There were a lot of things that was placed too conveniently that I had to suspend my disbelief to make me think he's a naturally-gifted super genius.

I'm watching it because apparently MC and best girl hook up and someone told me I'd be thrilled with their development so I hope I'll get to see it in the anime. I'm a sucker for good shonen romance.

They spend far too long trying to set up jokes but the humour is lifeless and a lot of the characters simply repeat the quirk over and over till something they could have ebeen interesting is just cliche.
I actually liked the latest episode but every other episode aside 3 makes me want to drop the show bored.

I just took it as a joke because it's just a slight exaggeration of most genius detective stories but everyone thinks it's a superpower because that's more realistic than the 'deduction' bullshit they pull.

All I know is the angry blond with the glasses is easily the most annoying character in the show.

If any of them were gay, this would be a far better show and I would have far less painful blue balls.

The only thing I dislike is suicide joke, too overused

I remember when I thought this show was gonna be literal gay.

It reminds me of the 00's sorta-yaoi shows like Mystical Detective Loki in a good way.
And I like edgeman.

So far it's been aggressively heterosexual.

>wah wah it's fujobait shit
>MC doesn't end up with dazai but with some chick

Dazai's been obsessing over women the whole time anyway, do people really think it's gay? Or are they confusing 'attractive males intended to appeal to a female audience' with 'attractive males with homoerotic relationship dynamics'?

It has incredibly bad pacing issues. The humor is cringey and obnoxious. It is painful to watch. I dropped it after 2 eps.

'Boring' doesn't mean anything on a/
It's a meme word, like 'shit'.

The mangaka headfaked fujos with Akutagawa's obsession with Dazai being a huge gay crush, then revealed it to be severe Daddy Issues. Shit's so straight it slices ham.

People just like to pair up handsome cute 2D boys together, especially when something happened that links the two together like in episode 1 when MC and Dazai hugged each other and Dazai went full 'no homo' mode right after.

It's just a shitty meme forced by retards, don't think too much about it.

Why is the ED so gay though?

I'm watching it because Dazai is cute.

I like his outlook on life.

You mean detective Izaya

>good romance
>shonen
Choose one user...

Oh no it has MALE CHARACTERS

It isn't if you read the manga, it's just teasing with Akutagawa's daddy issues. It's true that Akutagawa is the main fujobait and his daddy issues can look really gay even without googles but Dazai and Atsushi have a boss and subordinate relationship. Atsushi acts the same way with Kunikida.

It should be fine as long as Bones don't butcher it/. The MC cares about her a lot.

It's pretty cute but yeah it's generic.

Can't wait for Kyouka to show up.

>atsushi wants to link pinkies with dazai
>not gay

>ED
>canon in any way

It's doesn't happen in the manga as all and he doesn't act like he's in love in the anime either. If there's someone he wants to pinky fingers with it's Kyouka.

I don't find it boring but it triggers my autism

This guy just killed two cops and innocent woman and tried to kill two teenagers, MC nullifies his power and...that's all.

They throw mafia members through the window and it is supposed to be fun because they are really dangerous mafia strike force?

They are a damn dangerous mafia strike force who just killed and entire warehouse full of people, shouldn't they at least call the cops or something?

>yet another retard baited

Yeah and Dazai/Atsushi isn't popular so it was a waste of time to bait with Atsushi when fujos don't really care. It's like a back up before the shit with Akutagawa happens and he's the one with the fujo following and Chuya too is quite popular with fujos. So far there's nothing and there's added scenes of the characters being straight with Dazai and waitress, and Kunikida about his ideal woman.

I agree, I know it's supposed to be comedic it didn't make sense at all when they work along with the police. They could have Kenji throw them into the police van waiting outside instead of just out the window.

feels like kekkai sensen part 2

Figures fujos like the degenerates.

Well unlike MC-kun, none of them are paired up with a girl at least.

They just like unreliable alpha men who are one step away from abuse. Hence all shoujo ever.

Feels literally nothing like kekkai sensen

Are you retarded?
There's only one yandere in this show.

The two characters you mentioned are literal mass murderers/criminals part of a cartel.

Don't bother user.

Episode 4 is pure garbage.

I only watched this shit for the authors but even then series is still whack.

Bungo Stray Cocks

That's not me though, and only Akutagawa might be considered yandere to an extend but he didn't go all the way and seems to have calmed down in the manga.

No, please, don't drop it. My enjoyment of the show is directly tied to your enjoyment of it, so I really need you to like it and watch it until the end. I care about you.

You sure cared enough to respond, autismo.

I just wanted to let him know that he's a retard

>What are you gonna do, shoot me?

It's fine to me, only episode four was shit but you should drop it if you dislike it. I'm curious about next week's anime original episode.

I wouldn't say it's entirely anime original as the preview showed scenes from the LN set two years earlier so perhaps it's a mix of both. Either way, it's Bones and they always add elements not found the source material.

Port Mafia has connections with the police and government
They could easily bail out the Black Lizard members if they were jailed.
So, why bother?

Dazai charming women is a joke. Read real Dazai's biography.

Joke or not, it's still canon he likes women and wants to die with a beautiful woman. Now if it's more neutral with no specific gender in mind or stating he wants to die with a handsome man then you got something.

>not liking Dazai's yaoi harem

This is one of the better shows this season.

They're dead dude

My only complaint with the show is that they keep running that orphanage expulsion scene over and over again. I'm sure we've seen that no less than 16 times.

Boys are cute, so I'll keep watching.

Thank fuck they didn't show it again last week.

> Character can't be used in slash fiction once he has shown an interest in other sex!

You funny little joker.

>reading comprehension

Where did I say he can't be homoshipped? He's straight canon even if the double suicide thing is a running gag.

So you haven't actually read his biography.

Honestly, with so much girl-centric shows coming out all the time, it's a miracle to find one with predominately male cast that is not sports or some generic yaoi. I like cute guys, action and supernatural stuff, and BSD are delivering by far.

The real Dazai attempts suicide with women multiple times, which is what the gag is about. Don't tell me you think this version really based on the actual author.

> implying anyone else is canonically gay
The whole thing about Bungo Stray Dogs is homoshipping of the vast range of characters, deal with it.

Right, so what your issue again since you agree that none of the characters are canon gay?

Dumb fujo is too desperate for homo so they'll force their shit even on canoically stright characters.

> cute guys
Check.
> action
Kind of? Manga is good, but the way they abuse its popularity and stretch the adaptation to… what, at least four seasons? doesn't do it justice. We also haven't got to real action yet.
> supernatural
Shouldn't it be a mystery that keeps you guessing? “People have abilities and fight with each other. The end.” doesn't seem very otherworldly to me.

Woman, show us your mammaries.

>but the way they abuse its popularity and stretch the adaptation to… what, at least four seasons? doesn't do it justice. We also haven't got to real action yet.

Next episode should have some action.

Not the user above but I agree. Ranpo is the first character I actually like in this show. I liked the design of Dazai but almost all he gets are those retarded comedy scenes. Maybe Kunikida's episodes will deliver. The PV for the next one looked good.
Fuck that MC though.

No. Just wait for the inevitable next Kekkai Sensen season they will adapt to make up for this flopping.

It just got a Family Mart champaign, even if the BDs don't sell that much. The series promotion wise seems to be going pretty well.

Did the manga get a boost in sales at least?

There isn't a new volume out so it can't be said for sure but one of the spin off LNs seem on the LN charts. Anyway the series got some newly licensed merch so it's not like there isn't any interest at all.

More like they are trying hard to advertise it in hopes it will sell. Huge blunder like Kiznaiver that was also up everywhere.

There a difference between paid advertisements and licensed merch and champaign, that is the direction of the money.

> butts are as important as faces

Is it a set to test who licks which one?

Why restrict yourself when you can lick both sides?

Sup Forums can say whatever they want but this show isn't flopping at all and it isn't gay

Well, it's not clear since the sales results aren't out but the gay is definitely exaggerated.

It's seinen

Yeah but the manga is like a typical battle shonen.

How do you distinguish it?

Because of the endless battles the MC and the agency have to fight.

So Hoshi no samidare is also shounen in your eyes?

Sure, if there's endless new enemies to fight. BSD might run in a seinen magazine but the story because battle shounen like.

what does the show talk about?
why are there never threads about it?
is it fujobait?

There are threads on airing day. Some people drop it because they hate the gags, some drop it because they dislike large male cast it's not the most popular show this season.

Just read the thread. You should have good idea from it. There's a new episode tomorrow so you should join in when everyone watches it.

This scene was probably way funnier than it was intended to be because of that.