For people who want to have their Sup Forums folder look like pic related...

For people who want to have their Sup Forums folder look like pic related, you can get an entire pack with all anime folder icons here:sakuraindex.jp/anime-folder-icons-directory/

General thread about how Sup Forums sorts their anime on their PC.

Other urls found in this thread:

animuandomango.blogspot.com/
animeruinslives.blogspot.com/,
animeruinslives.blogspot.com/
animeruinslives.blogspot.com.au/p/blog-page.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can understand sorting your items and cleaning them up your folders.
I can understand decorating your desktop.
I cannot understand the point of folder icons.

Oh well. One day I may achieve enlightenment.

Personally, I find them visually appealing. I also like being able to find any and all anime at a mere glance at the screen.

I would hide the filenames, but I am running W7 and like with every other windows OS you can't do shit unless you disable half its functions.

Mainly a visual thing though, like a desktop background or what not, a lot of the anime logos are really well done.

I used to do this then it got tiring as fuck to find missing show icons.
Having default folder icons mixed in was triggering my autism

i just like the way it looks and it takes like 10 seconds to do stop being so autistic senpai

>I also like being able to find any and all anime at a mere glance at the screen.
I assume your left hand is resting on your keyboard?
Press the first few letters of the name and you've found the title faster than the big fancy logos could be processed by your eyes. This is especially true once your collection holds a few hundred titles.

>General thread about how Sup Forums sorts their anime on their PC.
3 folders: Airing, Watching, Saved.
I don't care for just using logo as icons. They are often too thin, I find it silly to have only the title when the title is right below it, and I like having a character or something to actually trigger the memories of the show. So I use those square icons that one user makes.

I've tried making my own icons but they never look good enough for my autism.

I had the same, but since I found the site I linked in OP, I haven't found an anime that doesn't have an icon.

The two aren't mutually exclusive senpai desu. Also, quite often I stream my content to my TV which I control via remote, so scrolling and clicking things is fine, but typing becomes tedious unless I am willing to compromise my comfy sitting position to accommodate a keyboard.

Ya, I used to have a collection of icons like that, some guy made icons with the shows characters and shit. But because it was quite a it of work to make these, it was far from a complete collection, so I switched to hat I have in OP.

Also, isn't airing the same as watching? Surely you watch what is airing?

>user never watches things that aren't airing

Oh right. Welp, that was a lapse in reason.

These are the icons I use that user makes. Since it's just some official art with a logo and border slapped on, they're easy to make and it has everything you'll ever need. Plus he posts every once in awhile and takes requests if you can't do it yourself.

This has less than 2000 icons so maybe you should try watching more series.

This is less than both animuandomango.blogspot.com/ and animeruinslives.blogspot.com/, especially the second which is the exact same thing but with more icons.

Here's your (you), now go back to plebbit where making posts for ulterior motives is actually a thing.

>I haven't found an anime that doesn't have an icon
>get called out on having seen shit all series
>gb2 reddit

Fuck off.

>I am a cool kid who has watched over 2000 series
Ya, I am telling you to go back to plebbit, how you are surprised at that is beyond me.

You don't need to watch 2000 shows to get to the limits of a collection with less than 2000 items.
Chances are, you'll hit the first non-listed anime at around 200 to 500.

You're welcome to fuck off if you can't understand the intention behind these posts. You don't have to have seen over 2000 series to realize that this shit is missing a lot of titles.

Your intention was obviously to just be an asinine dick in your attempt to go for gold in the Olympic shipost department. Like I said, back to plebbit where your posts actually get scored.

Maybe, but :
>This has less than 2000 icons so maybe you should try watching more series.
implies that 2k series is "haha go home newfag", which is retarded. If you have watched every anime that is listed in that icon back you have seen a "good amount" of anime. Taking on the whole "haha, so few, go watch more newfag" attitude stinks of new.

>2000 series
>try watching more series.
You are trying too hard to fit user-kun

>implies that 2k series
No, it doesn't.
It implies you've probably watched some 50-100 shows because you haven't found a single anime that wasn't in the collection.

Yeah, in response to "I haven't found an anime that doesn't have an icon." which doesn't need to mean you haven't seen 2000 series, it means that you're lucky you haven't ran into a missing show considering the number in the pack.

Maybe you should go to Reddit since you can't seem to handle criticism. A hugbox like that would be more accepting of your blatant retardation and unfounded anger.

Are you actually autistic? No one was implying anything you said.

You are going to need some bigger oars trying to backpedal like this user.

I'm not even that guy.

OP, if you're going to shill your anime icons, at least try not to look so pathetic.

I've been making my own and using similarly styled ones. There's still a TON more I need to make

Please stop. If all you did was come into the thread to spout your inferiority complex over the number of anime you watched you should leave. Nobody gives 2 shits if you watched 50, 2k or 10k anime, especially not in a thread like this.

You are just shitposting derailing a perfectly good thread.

I just went trough the pack listen in OP, and it has pretty much everything that is recent. So if you are using it for anime of the past 3-4 years you won't find a lot not included.

Now either be productive or leave, nobody likes shitposters.

News flash, idiot. There is a lot more anime than what's been produced in the last 3 - 4 years. Don't advertise your garbage just because it's good enough for people new to anime.

>inferiority complex

Where do you think you are? Also, nice attempt at generalizing those posts as a samefag. If three different people are telling you how retarded you are, take a hint.

>Nobody gives 2 shits if you watched 50 [] anime,

What is becoming of Sup Forums?

i've "only" seen about 60-70 anime
bite me

I especially like the S;G one there.

Honestly, just stop, nobody cares.

You're the one damage controlling about being called out for being wrong here, buddy.

>Nobody gives 2 shits if you watched 50, 2k or 10k anime
How new are you?

>nobody cares

This entire thread says otherwise.

>10k is listed last like it's supposed to be a lot

Why'd you put the only into quotation marks.
Are you implying it's not a pathetically low number for an Sup Forumsnon?

I really like your Mononoke one. Any plans on uploading them eventually?

>the one guy in this thread being autistic about the anime count
>he doesn't realize we can all tell he is samefagging

>OP still attempting damage control
>also revealing he doesn't know how post timers work

Cute.

>trying to samefag in order to call everybody else samefag
Others do it better than you.

>still showing he doesn't know how post timers work

I can do this all day too.

Sure! I'll make some other icons for stuff I'm working on watching and maybe upload it into a pack. If you have any good suggestions on where to upload now, I'll do the Mononoke one at the very least

At this point he's just shitposting and going for a "only pretended to be retarded".

?
You think I am implying you were samefagging? Nah mate, you are just both autistic is all.

You're in a thread about anime icons.

Everyone in this thread is autistic, that's the point.

Nah, only the samefag and his whiteknight are.

I usually watch only one anime a month
maybe two if they're short, but i spent over a year watching half a dozen 500+ ep anime when i first started. and i don't watch seasonal anime.

So you don't really belong here, gotcha.

How does Sup Forums store their anime?
I personally have several externals buying a new one whenever one fills up. Don't think I have ever deleted anything. If it something special I will go out of my way to buy it, like the BD boxset for Evangellion.

So you don't really belong here, gotcha.

>Don't think I have ever deleted anything.
Back in the day that was almost unavoidable.
The episodes were smaller but the ratio of episode size : HD size meant that you couldn't store more than a few shows on your computer at any given time.
Nowadays I download and delete seasonal stuff. Anything else is downloaded at the best quality available and then I keep if I find it a worthy addition to my collection. That means that plenty of great anime are not on my HD because I watched them when they were airing and didn't feel like rewatching them yet.

I just delete shit when I'm done watching or seeding it.

Man, I get wanting to get your shit to look good, but if I do this, I would definitely want to do it to every single other media thing I have, and that is a stupid amount of work.

I just dump it all into a folder, pic related is 25% of the folder full of stuff I've downloaded or re-downloaded over the last few months. Those icons are cool for a bit, but when you realize how much effort you'd need to put in for something that really makes no difference they lose that allure. Plus if the majority of stuff you watch is old, you're shit out of luck because these icon makers usually only bother with flavor of the month memeshit shows.

Not saying you should use them but what effort? There's no effort involved.

What happened to the user who used to release packs?

I don't use icons but my anime is sorted in 1 of 2 ways
1. It automatically downloads into a seasonal folder from my RSS feed (ID actually like to stop that though since it fucks with my Plex and it picks up Spring 2016 etc. as a show.
2. I download something that's not currently airing and it's sorted alphabetically

Then I use an anime scraper to sort my shows and collect the metadata on plex. Which btw does anyone use scrapers here? I'm trying to sort Jojo into one show with each season but it's not being picked up and I have to manually enter the poster and banner art.

>download icon pack
>manually change all the folder icons for hundreds of series
>still end up with folders that don't have icons
It's not worth the hassle unless you use your computer exclusively from a couch and need to select from big, colorful icons to watch anime.

>manually

animeruinslives.blogspot.com/

take your pick

If you're implying I'm wrong, you could give an actual argument instead of just greening me.

Pokemon Trainer? He trips for the threads releasing seasonal updates for the pack. Otherwise posts them here;
animeruinslives.blogspot.com.au/p/blog-page.html
OP is a fag. Pretty sure these people are just shamelessly ripping off the guy's work.

If the greentext wasn't implicit enough, it's not done manually.

Or you could lurk more you fucking faggot. There's a way to scan the folder and add them automatically.

I grew out of needing ricer icons for my chinese cartoons a long time ago, I didn't know there was an automated way to do it.
Settle down.

I don't store my animu anymore. Only some ot the stuff from the old days, I doubt I'll even watch those anymore. Maybe some movies and that's all.

I've seen only 25 anime

>10 seconds
I wish, it takes like three hours.

user, if you're the squaresub user, I noticed you don''t have Majokko Tsukune-chan, I had to add that stuipid broom image for it just so it wouldn't be my only blank folder.

>only icons going back to Winter 2012
>when all the reaction faces you have and need are from Nichijou

There's a template for doing it yourself. Put some official art into it and resize it. This shouldn't be an issue.

what's even point of storing anime besides those 3-5 series you absolutely loved, how often do you rewatch any of this.