When was the last time a great show that all of Sup Forums came together to watch aired? It feels like forever ago

When was the last time a great show that all of Sup Forums came together to watch aired? It feels like forever ago.

Mayoiga

That never happened.

>Mayoiga
>good

S;G

Mayoiga right now.

u wot m8

probably this.

Only newfags hated this show because they think its unoriginal even thou all those ones they mention ripped off from the show.

There's like two or three threads max when an ep airs

It's nowhere near what we're talking about.

Code Geass, TTGL, Haruhi S2, maybe a few others.

If you want some not so great shows, Kill la Kill or Samurai Flamenco were about the closest.

It was way more than that for the first few episodes but it has definitely slowed down.

Kill La Kill had a fuckload of threads

Umaru
Can't wait for s2

Star Driver. Turned a mediocre show great.

Being honest, it really was this. No anime since has really taken over Sup Forums as big as S;G did since, and only really Code Geass was as big.

That's about every 5 years a take over happens. We're due for one about now.

Akame ga Kill had the whole board attention before and while it was airing, after that, can't think in any other.

KLK?
Hell that show spread all over Sup Forums

konosuba and symphogear GX?

neither of those

Bakemonogatari got a lot of threads, didn't it?

neither of those struck to the degree of which this thread is talking about.

You mean Oreimo? It was indeed a while ago.

Gurren Laggan was huge too. Long time ago now...

Haruhi was pretty fuckin big as well

Well KLK was really mainstream. Not as much as AoT, but a little more than Space Dandy. Also it wasn't good for Sup Forums watching. It wasn't solidly constructed enough to fuel speculation, plot points would get dropped, and it was just mindless poorly animated action with lots of repeating stock footage.

You need something like a Madoka or a SnW, where it's original and keeps everyone guessing.

Bakemonogatari got a lot of gorespam is what it got.

Back in 2004, the only things people posted as I recall were Neon Genesis Evangelion and Azumanga Daioh, even though both of those had come out years ago.

Probably Kill la Kill. I think episode 18 or 19 even had a sticky.

One Punch Man and Jojo are probably the closest we've gotten recently, though not quite to the degree of Code Geass or TTGL. There are also a bunch of hipster faggots that want to whine about the shows just because they're popular but don't want to watch them so they just shitpost about it, creating the illusion that there are more viewers than there actually are. No telling what that figure looks like though.

That's because Sup Forums was more uniform, more homogeneous back then.
Now there are too much shonenfags, manimefags, deepfags, moefags, and a single anime can't satify all those groups together.

Sup Forums tends to like shows with catchy OPs. The more catchy, the bigger it is.

>a single anime can't satify all those groups together.
That never happened.
While Code Geass was popular, there were plenty of anons who refused to watch it and were driven into "no CG allowed" threads to hide from the storm.
TTGL and Lucky Star split the board into two, and there were still anons that watched neither show.

Well, you don't have to please everyone, but I think Sup Forums's changed its posting habits quite a bit. Generals aren't a thing anymore, but also there seems to be less of a tendency for people to make threads instead of posting in existing ones.

Shows don't consume the entire board as much.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that for the most part, the only shows we got were the ones that fansubbers picked up, so we tended to converge on the (relatively) few shows that we actually got.

Crunchyroll/horriblesubs changed the whole scene pretty dramatically. Anime in the English speaking world is frankly far more saturated than it used to be.

Never.
But, if you watch everything you're always watching shows with Sup Forums

So fuck you and your memenime

We really need to lower the bump limit.
500 post threads are mostly shit with a few "highlights" of actual discussion in between.

Fucking lucky star, I completely forgot about that shit. Shitty fucking show.

GJ-BU when everyone called a truce for no shitposting and we became a hivemind of superior tastes

Attack on Titan got quite a few threads, and that wasn't that long ago.

I think it's fine. As much as I loved Madoka taking up the entire catalog, it's probably a lot less annoying these days.

Hairbrushing still give me massive boners.

I think smaller threads will bring the focus back on fresh content and anime discussion and reduce navel-gazing.

Mayoiga.

Since it's an Anime original, we're all having a blast trying to figure out what's gonna happen

Removing (you) from Sup Forums addons would be a good step too.
As it encourages reply posts.

You can't remove the (You).
You can only fight the mentality that replies are upvotes.

By the way, no matter what anyone else thinks, I'm seeing good signs for the future of Sup Forums.
People are trying to bring it back to its roots.
I don't agree with all of their methods or even all of their goals, but the fact that they're trying (and caring) tells me that this board has a future. I also like the return of "Lurk more".

>we're all having a blast trying to figure out what's gonna happen
More like endless arguments over certain characters

Samuflam

Cross Ange

It's pretty sad that nothing will ever reach the level of Code Geass again

That was pure shitposting.
The difference was that Sup Forums as a whole was younger back then so it was considered "epic" shitposting.

I tried to think of manga with the same criteria, and I don't think anything comes close to Death Note. Sup Forums was full of Death Note discussion and memes for a long time, it was the same in Japan too.
The next closest manga was probably Onani Master Kurosawa, that dominated discussion for months.
Some other manga like Mirai Nikki and Koe no Katachi got super popular on Sup Forums towards the end but I wouldn't say there were universally followed like the first two.

I feel as though Mayoiga would be a lot more interesting for theories if they didn't introduce a manga to run alongside it. Still not on par with the series that actually took over the whole board but it would be something.

Molester Man wasn't as big as OMK but the last few chapters blew up on Sup Forums.

It would have been Re:Zero, but those threads are always so full of spoilers that anyone who's genuinely enjoying it tends to avoid its threads so as not to ruin their own experience.

The first few threads of Shield Hero were pretty good with everyone's collective rage

I don't really see anything special in Re:Zero.

Fun things are fun user

I think that one Oh My Goddess chapter also had Sup Forums collectively hold their breath for a while.

No one really cared about AgK after it stopped airing.

The day that Guts finally got out of the boat also was great

>you'll never watch Star Driver with Sup Forums again

they're going to be on the fucking island forever

>those threads are always so full of spoilers that anyone who's genuinely enjoying it tends to avoid its threads so as not to ruin their own experience
I got spoiled up to the EP7 in less than 20 posts. Never again.

If you stay in the threads you'll be spoiled up to season 2

No, it wasn't. It was a huge sticky that I looked at and walked away from in disgust.
Stickies are shit when they're used for discussion.

Of course, new id@l soon.

That's fine, but enough people do see something special in Re:Zero that there would have been non-stop constant threads about it if not for all the spoilers flying around.

Literally any anime based on existing IP will be spoiled to hell and back by Sup Forums unless they diverge from the source. But then the threads are non-stop shitposting by buttblasted spoilfags who just yell "non-canon"

It doesn't feel the same

In 2011 everyone either watched Madoka, or hated it and made threads about all the Madoka threads ruining Sup Forums

>Literally anything based on existing IP will be spoiled to hell and back
Fixed. Bonus points if sourcefags complain about it not being faithful enough

Case in point- Hibike Euphonium. Threads were nice up until the point that spoilers became relevant in any way, at which point the threads became pure shitposting.

Kill la Kill, Sup Forums went full tsundere and the trolling was intense.

Seemed to me like many were watching Erased.

OP said 'a great show' user.

Madoka. Even though Sup Forums was full of general threads back then, the entire board was fixed on Madoka.

Then Sup Forums disintegrated into separate fandoms for each show and Madoka was the last great show to grace this board.

KLK was definitely pulling in a lot of Sup Forums.

Half of those posts were just Daiz samefagging.

Madoka, as a TV ongoing was AMAZING
Penguindrum, it was slow, but every fucker of Sup Forums typed in those threads something like "this time it's a drop for sure" at least once.

>Generals aren't a thing anymore
What the fuck am I reading?

>Samumenco
>not great

fite me irl mongrel

death parade had threads over threads

>literal general threads that are barely even mentioned outside of themselves
>being Sup Forums

>KLK was definitely pulling in a lot of Sup Forums.

It was a good bait for newfags who jumped on bandwagon shit show.

I wish mods could ban everyone on those threads so we could bring old good 2007 Sup Forums back.

Probably 2011

The entire board was watching Madoka then moved to Steins when that got popular so faggots shitposted vs threads for months

>generals aren't a thing anymore
Jesus christ have you filtered them all and forgotten or something?

>natural disaster delayed episode 11

THAT was fun.

fucking walpurgisnacht

Last episode had 6 threads when the episode aired. One of them even got over 1000 replies.