>Pale Moon

Search Engine:
>Qwant
>DuckDuckGo

>Linux Mint
>Ubuntu
>Zorin

-All Linux operating systems are FREE and can be found on www.distrowatch.org

-Linux distros can be burned to DVD/loaded onto thumb drive and installed upon your next boot. In 1 hour you can be free of the Microsoft Jew.

-99% of Linux software is FREE and can be downloaded via a point-and-click package manager: MS Office ---> Libre Office. Photoshop ---> GIMP. 100s more alternatives to the software you are accustomed to using in Windows. NO EXCUSES.

Other urls found in this thread:

tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/tutorial-create-a-usb-stick-on-macos#0
wsj.com/articles/google-issuing-refunds-to-advertisers-over-fake-traffic-plans-new-safeguard-1503675395
archive.fo/ZsqYo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>linux
I'm not a faggot sorry.

>I'm not a faggot
>anime.jpg

K.

/thread

>starve the tech Jew.
>mentions Mossad-ran DDG

Lurk more.

The only excuse to use Windows is because you're a gamer.
Well happy day, gaming on Linux is starting to be far more common with AAA releases regularly ported to the system.

I find it amusing when people think they're tech literate but don't use Linux.
Seriously, Windows is babbies first OS; for anybody technically minded Linux (and even the abortions that are Macs) are way way better.
You can do all kinds of shit in Linux easily that's really difficult to do with Windows, such as scripting and programming

Windows is for niggers... Oh wait

>No Brave Browser

Can I install Ubuntu on an iMac?
>Ubuntu
>iMac

I've got a chinkpad but I don't like the TN panel

>>linux
>I'm not a faggot sorry.

Then why you got microsofts cock in your ass?

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part

tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/tutorial-create-a-usb-stick-on-macos#0

What about the worst threat? Apple?

>Waterfox
>Tor Browser
>Pale Moon
Huh?

>DuckDuckGo
Oh yeah, the one where you set it as your primary, but have to keep clicking your bookmarked google page because Duckduckgo can't find shit, ever. Absolutely worthless

>Linux Mint
>Ubuntu
>Zorin

Pic related

I don't really view them as a threat on desktops. As for fags who live off their phones . . . I don't care about saving them because they're already gone.

Thanks, I'll give this a shot. Not sure how the driver situation will be but it shouldn't be too bad.

>pale moon
>the web browser created by two nazi homosexual furries

it's pretty good though desu

This entire retort is dogshit, but good job on assigning yourself the proper flag.

(((Ubuntu)))

Your reply is dogshit.

Ubuntu looks like dogshit.
Use Linux Mint.
It's compatible with everything Ubuntu is but looks like Windows... before Windows became garbage geared for tablets

Why do you think I posted the echoes?

>Linux

Hahahaha oh wow you guys are really funny.

Ive been using waterfox but it's memory management blows compared to chrome. After opening and closing tabs for an hour it's usage is super high. What are my options? I've heard Chromium is de-jewgled. Is that true?

DuckDuckGo is fucking gay

Tor is a bunch of cuckold niggers, and I havent heard of the other two browsers so I dont trust them

>The only excuse to use Windows is because you're a gamer.
Or when you need 1 (one) fucking program for work and it has 1 (one) stupid glitch on linux that just can't be fixed. God I hate Windows, I bitch about it every fucking day.

It sucks because it doesn't work properly. Stop advertising faulty software.

I guess you're not aware of it yet, but yeah. You're a real faggot.

what about xbuntu? it looks the same as mint from the screenshots

>I find it amusing when people think they're tech literate but don't use Linux.
I'm not tech literate. That's why I go on here and not on Sup Forums.
The best I can do is blocking ads and moving files around, I don't trust myself to do anything else.

Run Windows on a VM with Vt-x turned on. It's like 95% performance of native

Linux is for people who don't take showers

they don't get it

Yeah, I used Xubuntu way back.
It uses XFCE same as mint, so it's basically the same on a surface level.

I will when I get myself next laptop. This one would be too overloaded. I need efficiency, that's the reason I even had to get this stupid Win.

xubuntu is for dated computers, like Bodhi and puppy. If your computer has more than 4 GB RAM, you really don't need to bother with these.

Same can be said on whether you choose 32 or 64 bit OS. If your comp has more than 4 GB of RAM, go with 64 with whatever OS you choose.

Was not aware of the large selection of games on linux.

DuckDuckGo finds most of the shit I look for and my search history is pretty normie. Stop perpetuating 4 year old memes.

Try Brave as a browser.

Look at this retard.

99% of all good games are already on Linux via emulation

GIMP != Photoshop

For basic editing, GIMP is fine, but for anything more Photoshop is still the king.

And yes, I use Linux (Debian), LibreOffice, and DuckDuckGo actually.

Or...
You use your computer for music production (even if you choose to settle for a subpar DAW, good luck getting your audio interface to work), video/image editing (GIMP is for gimps), or basically anything other than programming, web browsing, and server hosting.

And not everyone has the time to spend hours searching for obscure terminal commands just to do something that would take five seconds in Windows or OSX.

>get linux
>get WINE
>solved

Guess it's time to look into duel boot now.....

Back your claim, faggot. Nothing I said is retarded.

If DDG doesn't find what you want, just append !g to your search. Or !y for yahoo.

!gi = google images
!gm = google maps

Can confirm there's a linux version of total war: warhammer.
I was playing it just a few weeks ago

DuckDuckGo doesn't seem like a very good idea.

Tor is cool guy.

Tails is an easy way to get tor and a nice linux os in one easy step. Just download it and stick it on a usb and then don't use duckduckgo and you're golden.

The NSA can still see what you're doing but you can trust them. It's all the other groups you can't really trust.

Linux and gaming go together like shitskins and civilization. Just don't bother, have two separate OS instead.

You can trust the NSA, they're good guys.
Totally not keeping any data on us. Nope, none.

...except that little bit they do, but it's just a little, and totally ok.

...and totally not in bed with AT&T. Nope, definitely not.

Is Linux more secure if you run it straight from the flash drive?

If you install it, can windows viruses/malwae migrate there fom Windows?

>Qwant
>DuckDuckGo
Anybody who recommends these have no idea how these things work. Searx or nothing.
Host things yourself if you don't trust your overlords.

I don't trust anybody with my data, so I host all my own things. Custom-built Linux kernel distro forked off Kali's edits, I just use Firefox or Chrome because I'm more willing to edit my firewall configuration than I'm willing to use alternatives.
Use Searx for a search engine. I love it, it's open source, and can run on minimal hardware relatively well (Got it up on the smallest Amazon EC2 instance, works like a charm)
Run whatever operating system you want, in the end not much difference is made. I prefer Win10 + modified Kali distro as a dual-boot system, mostly because I'm a software dev and have to use Windows for Visual Studio.

I recommend Private Internet Access as a VPN, except for using Sup Forums.

And most importantly, don't worry to much about it. We're approaching an economic recession that'll hurt everyone pretty badly, and that'll set them all straight. Money talks.
Side note, I installed AdNauseum, and even though I like spiting the "Man", I might have to get rid of it, because it freezes up my browser for many sites.

>make duckduckgo default search engine on chrome

>after a few searches, google chrome starts freezing up when i do search

>reboot chrome
>still can't use search because chrome freezes
>change back to google as default
>instantly works again

really fires the neurons

Linux is the most secure when you use it, generally. Won't matter much either way.
All currently exploits (that are known) are msotly based off elevated execution, so theoretically a Windows virus could install a kernel patch regardless if it was ran off USB or the hard drive.

oh look, another Sup Forums thread

Get lubuntu with lxqt and numix theme.

>AdNauseum
would do this if not for the slimmest of chance some fuck finds a way to hijack a ajax request
just blocking seems safer
do wonder if it is fucking advertiser's data over though

No, viruses and malware made for Windows won't run on Linux. It does have it's own, but as the Linux market is much smaller there aren't nearly as many.

Linux as a whole isn't more secure just because it's ran from a flash drive. The benefit is nothing is left on the machine you're running it from unless you access the hard drive from within Linux. The main benefit is it's portable.

If you run Tails, it's ran completely from the flash drive and has other settings in place to keep it more secure.

>Photoshop ---> GIMP

DuckDuckGo is bad.
Most of Tor's exit nodes have been taken by the Five Eyes, so no, it isn't a cool guy.
TAILS is alright, but only if you use it as intended.
The NSA, CIA, FBI, and foreign agents are all the problem, it's not a matter of trust.
If you're willing to give up liberties for security or convenience, you deserve none of the above.

Id like to try waterfox, will my firefox plugins like https everywhere, ublock origin, self destructing cookies and jew tube video downloaders work with it? I use startpage, seems to do the job

Keep giving Google all your search histories, cuck.

"b-b-but they only use it to help make my life easier"

sure they do...

Yeah, it works great
>wsj.com/articles/google-issuing-refunds-to-advertisers-over-fake-traffic-plans-new-safeguard-1503675395
archive.fo/ZsqYo

However, script injection can be done by the OS itself, or by a MITM, or by a hijacked VPN, etc.
It's best to just use an open-source adblocker with a large blocking list. FOSS is boss!

Yes all firefox plugins work with Waterfox. I'm almost positive you need to be running a 64-bit Win OS to use Waterfox, though.

Stop you're impregnating all our women with your tech savvy

They'll work the same. You'll want to look up how to enable multiprocessing because Firefox has it now and it's hidden in waterfox. Some apps won't work with it and there's an app that shows which ones

Oh look, a BLM flag tied to an ego as inflated as the Zimbabwean currency. What a surprise

What are you an anarchist?

You have to pick a team dude. There's no other option. Y

You don't like team America? Good luck with that. Maybe there's an empty cot in the Ecuadorian embassy next to your boy Julian.

I'd prefer the world were not a servailance state, but that train left the station when the DoD invented the internet, actually it left when phone lines were ... actually, when morse code was being used to transmit the results of horse races.

cheers

>like scripting and programming
>things never done on windows ever

You're a dumb cunt

This is such a shitty point to make. Like it's fucking difficult to install Wine and run PS from there if you absolutely need your Adobe.

>abortions that are Macs
You realize OSX is UNIX, yes? Linux is a UNIX-like system, so...

Fun fact, at work I have no choice but to use Windows, because I'm currently on a legacy project that uses VB.Net + Winforms.
I fucking hate this project, but I get paid a lot more for it because it's legacy, and I can't put it on my resume.

So no, it's not a suitable substitute. In fact, for enterprise development, it almost fails in every category.

>current year
>programming in windows

Macs are unusable any way except using the command line.
The UI is just too unintuitive to navigate

is ecosia a good search engine
it comes with waterfox but ive just been using it but it seems pretty subpar compared to the other ones

What the fuck are actually suggesting?

How are you going to use the internet without actually using the internet?

Do you do all of your communication via steganography and one time pads?

The NSA and fbi and probably even your local pd have everything. everything. And if *they* do, a whole lot of other people do too. All you can do is make it harder for the kid next door and your girlfriends jealous ex. You can't beat the NSA. Stallman warned us, nobody listened, it's way way way too late to undo this shit.

Stop using dicord too, maxtrix servers are a self hosting option.

Good for sound production and animation, though.

I suggest using more than just the above.
You put too much faith in single layers of protection, and in the government that loves you.

>wine
>any sort of quality or ease of use

choose one
choose exactly one
do not choose more than one option
pic related

>good linux distros
>mint
>ubuntu

> >Waterfox
> >Tor Browser
> >Pale Moon
Mozilla is Ok with adecquate configurations.

Tor is a bit dangerous depending what you plan to do but Ok for browsing and searching

Jondonym is similar to TOR albeit it has its own network

> Search Engine:
> >Qwant
> >DuckDuckGo
Startpage by far

> Libre Office. Photoshop ---> GIMP. 100s more alternatives to the software you are accustomed to using in Windows. NO EXCUSES.
Indeed

Why do you have such a wide fucking screen?
1920x1080 masterrace
2/3/4K is fine too

Mersenne Get!

I've never heard of it. The search engine preference will vary with people, whether it be Duck or Qwant or even Billy's Bing, the point is to stop depending on Google.

In all honesty, I still use Google if I want to make a shitty meme and I need to find a transparent image. The Goog just has the broader selection of them.

Is there anything wrong with the average user using Internet explorer as a browser and Bing as a search engerine? As those are what I use.

>Internet explorer
People like you make my job a living hell, please do not ever do this.
>mfw I have to spend six hours making a client's application support IE9 because they refuse to upgrade their employees

I have 1 1080 and another ultrawide next to it

i3 on a w i d e monitor is v cozy because you can comfortably split windows into 3 columns instead of 2 on a 16:9 or 16:10

Gentoo is shit. Even RMS agrees. People want to actually use their computers and not compile the kernel for 4 hours every time there's an update.

Stop trolling me, Aussie.

>Mersenne Get!
no such thing newfriend

Mozilla is currently in the process of 1) revamping its extension infrastructure, breaking 90% of existing browser addons in the process. And 2) developing ways to censor #FAEKNOOZ from within the browser.

Oh cool. I've been meaning to see if there's a point in a wider screen, because it might make development a bit easier. Thanks for the info on the three columns, that swayed my choice a bit.

>newfriend
I like math, fuck off.

>>Linux Mint
No.

>And 2) developing ways to censor #FAEKNOOZ from within the browser.

can you hook me up with a source for that? i honestly have not heard about this and find it surprising that this would be new news to me