I never watched Hunter x Hunter but I want to give it a try

I never watched Hunter x Hunter but I want to give it a try.
I heard there are 2 versions, one old one new animation. Which one should I watch and why?

Whichever you want.

Read the manga then watch the old adaption

They're both the same. The 2011 version is a literal recolor of the older one.

Watch the 2011 version first

2011, though there is some good filler in the hunter exam arc in 99, and you should switch to 99 for the yorkshin arc and then back to 11 after

2011 Killua is cuter

2011 is better

2011 is overall better, but you can't deny the charm of 1999's animation

Read the manga faggot.

Seriously, honestly, absolutely for real:
read the manga.

no

Both have their good parts. I suppose 2011 is longer as in it covers more of the manga and it seems more consistent.

Watch the movies. They are the best resume of HxH, then watch GI OVAs

Manga -> 1999 -> 2011

is it true that he has the qualities of BOTH rubber AND gum?

Read the manga.

How can you possible saying that 1999 is better than 2011 while saying that the Manga is better than 1999? 2011 follows the manga extremely closely, to the point where nitpicks are the only differences.

Clearly you are a retard.

>2011 follows the manga extremely closely
Deluded 11tards everyone.

That argument only works if user is prioritizing accuracy to the manga as the most important factor. Which I doubt he is, since the appeal of 99 is mainly the direction.

user was pointing out the order to read/watch in. The only retard here is you, but that isn't surprising since you're one of those fags who lie about 2011.

>2011 is overall better,

>2011 follows the manga extremely closely

The correct order is read the manga, watch the 2011 series and then watch the 1999 series. Each one adds something so you see something new each time.

If you read the manga 2011 is irrelevant. You only get yourself angry at watching that trash.

Indeed. Watching 1999 after 2011 made me realize how inferior madhouse's version is.

what's the difference betweem rubber and gum?
how does bungee gum works?

I'd recommend individual episodes of 2011 but as a whole it's very meh.

Figure it out yourself

Killua is cute!

to be fair, both 99 and 2011 are good. Some scenes are better in 99, yorkshin is just better in 99, but greed island is just better in 2011. Both are great in terms of shonen adaptation, and that`s good because hunter x hunter deserves it, most shonen adaptations are bad.

2011 version isn't good. The only reason people even say that is because the never read the manga from the beginning.

>chapter in 2 days

Read the manga, 2011 has no merit on it's own and really is just an extremely watered down version of the manga, with characterization is off and the important scenes and character, and story building moments are either cut or watered down significantly.

So you're just better off reading the original.

>you lived long enough to witness Hisoka's death

>m-muh 1999 is better because it looks edgier than 2011

Chrollocucks are truly delusional huh

It begins.

except 1999 has softer art and 2011 is literally edges

Watch it for F-God.

*teleports behind you*

Heh...

I wonder if Chrollo took Feitan's abilities as well

Just watch the 2011 version.

rubber and gum

>but you can't deny the charm of 1999's animation
Not of the soundtrack, for that matter. The OST is arguably the greatest reason to watch the 99 version.

>cherrypicking
But yes, I agree the 1999 version looks better overall.

If he did that wouldn't make any sense..

Hate how 2011 trash gave him a male voice, can't get sexually attracted to that like the 99 voice.

I mostly liked 1999's voices better but Feitan was a million times better sounding in 2011.

Read the manga and then watch the live play for max enjoyment.

Be you like sucking dick too.

Feitan abilities are OP.

>getting what you give is OP

If his opponent doesn't know his ability it becomes extremely OP

I started with the 2011 anime and it was great. Maybe read the first chapter of the manga for a proper Kite introduction.

Feitan's abilities are easily countered by running the fuck away

implying you can escape from the fastest of the ryodan.

I don't think he can move from his position when he uses Rising Sun.

>opponent doesn't know what's about to come
>just stares at him or even worse keeps attacking him
>RIP

Anin, don't listen to any one bias here.

If you like classic 90s style anime, watch the old version.

If you like modern style *that is complete btw* watch the 2011 version.

If you want to read a fucking novel series with some pictures squeezed in between the speech bubbles, read the manga.

>I-I like to eat shit

>2011
>complete
Also nice ADHD you've got there, retard.

>a fucking novel series with some pictures squeezed in
Where does this meme come from? I've never seen it before chapter 350 came out. And even then it was mostly because of niggerstream.
2011fags sure are retarded.

Kek even from that tiny pic I can tell which one has the better background

I'll take the qt on the top.

>Where does this meme come from?
literally newfags

>nitpicking
You're the worst kind of faggot, user

>If you want to read a fucking novel series with some pictures squeezed in between the speech bubbles, read the manga
>*that is complete btw*
>don't listen to any one bias here
Why are 2011fags so cancerous?

>Where does this meme come from?

Shit colors
Has mist in the background for some reason
Kurapika looks like a sickly plastic doll with ugly hair

Manga is superior

Enjoy your watered down version of HxH shiteater.

That's a normal amount of text.

2011tards sure like posting that one chapter.

New one has better animation, voice acting, and less filler. The entire second half of the series (chimera ant arc) is only on the 2011 adaptation anyway. Considering that one of the main appeals of anime over live-action TV is the artwork/animation I have no clue why anyone would earnestly advocate the original series aside from them being a hipster/attached to the older series for watching it first.

Funny, because overall the 1999 version is more censored.

Damn manga is just superior. It's a relieved sigh instead of some cliched laugh.

Because most of them come from MAL and reddit.

They actually knew what had impact on story and atmosphere with their censoring. Of course all thanks to a director who actually knew what he was doing.

Now now user. You don't have to lie.

>New one has better animation,
Stopped reading there desu.

I would be completely lying if I said it didn't make me mad that people are praising the shit that is 2011 when it was butchered so fucking badly.

>complains about 2011 version being 'watered down'
>acknowledges that 1999 version is even more censored but it's ok because MUH DIRECTING
I know you people like to constantly bitch about the 2011fags but you people are seriously deluded

based Hiei

I prefer the manga version here but damn that difference in background art with 1999 vs 2011 though.

Why are 99fags so obnoxious?

2011 is literally 4kidz tier for half of the series.

2011 had to have the budget for a longer series and it still did well

want me to show you the scenes comparison for the ant arc? Because it will just be nothing for 1999

Why can't you all shut up, and on another note, why do you faggots reply to such an obvious (you)-fishing thread.

Manga > 99 > 2011

Even when 99 diverges from the manga by adding filler or changing the tone, it's still superior to 2011 because it became its own thing in the end. The York Shin OVAs are close to masterpiece, the direction, soundtrack, fight choreography, etc, all excel.

The scene when Paku uses her ability and the chain slowly creeps in to kill her far surpasses anything the 2011 anime did.

You know the Ant arc took around 10 years to finish, right?

I was talking about 1999 vs 2011 retard. Of course both the anime versions are more censored compared to the manga. I literally just posted an example where you could even see it.

Your a pile if trash who deserves to be executed

>11fags are ESLs

>your a

This is 18+ site.

just as I know 2011 did better with the budget