Sidonia no Kishi

What the fuck did I just read?

Why wasn't I warned?

Other urls found in this thread:

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/05/09-1/tsutomu-nihei-publishes-one-shot-science-fiction-manga-ningyou-no-kuni
youtube.com/watch?v=UKXKUT4RWN4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can't believe I wasted my whole day reading this garbage.

You should have felt a severe quality drop after the first 2/3.

Such fragility.

I did, but hindsight is 20/20. I seriously don't think I've ever been this angry at an ending, it's just so nonsensical

The end was crap but I have the feeling the only ones making a big deal out of it are Izana shippers and a few Yuhata waifufags. Sidonia started going to shit long, long before the final chapter was released.

It's not even that, it's just so fucking incomprehensibly stupid.

>I love the penis tentacle
>Penis tentacle dies
>comes back to life as a human
>has a HUMAN BABY
>Yuhata is now a dude and banging Izana

I don't understand how anyone could think that makes any sense whatsoever.

I think the ending was fine.
Shippers can fuck off and cry to their mommies about how their favorite dickgirl lost against a tentacle monster.

>Penis tentacle dies
>comes back to life as a human
That one was cheap as fuck. From the way she died to how she was reintroduced.
>has a HUMAN BABY
I want to believe that she was born in a lab.
>Yuhata is now a dude and banging Izana
Yuhata wanting to bang Izana has been foreshadowed many times, Yuhata turning into a dude certainly is possible, Yuhata wanting to turn into a dude came out of nowhere.

Anyway, I wont' be buying the latest volumes.

I guess I'll read this just to figure out what the outrage is about

>Yuhata wanting to bang Izana

Because she touched Izana's hand twice? Shitty foreshadowing if you can even call it that.

Fucking don't. Save yourself while you still can.

Not my fault you can't read subtext.

Forced happy end.

They had like 5 conversations throughout the entire series, at least two of which were when they were fighting over Nagate. Hardly subtext.

But user, I was making a fuss about the manga going to shit AND the ending.

Slow pokes don't deserved warning

did you rike it?

No

NO FUCK YOU NIHEI

10/10 troll though

How I imagine rushed endings like this.

Was being such a troll part of your plan?

Nihei confirmed troll

You didn't like the comedy penis, user?

Comedy penis should have stayed a comedy penis

Is this a meme? I really don't understand why people act as if Sidonias ending was some hellish trollfest.
>MC gets his waifu back
>secondary characters end up together
>happy end
>ASDFDF RAAAGE FUUUUUUCK
Seriously wat

see
Explain how that is competent storytelling.

Tsutomu Nihei can't end his stories.

I liked Blame's ending.

>Tsutumo Nihei.
ASDFGHJKLÖÄ'

So you really can't read into subtext and needs shit to be spelled out to understand something.

I am not saying that the last chunk of Sidonia was some masterpiece but does it really justify all the overreaction it gets? Nihei played it save and went for a generic happy end, sure Yuhata turning into a dude was weird but why would you care after the initial 'wat'.

Because she was some anons' waifu.

Now they're gay.

WHAT, comrartie high got axed? thats a load of bullshit

A generic happy end is one thing, a nonsensical asspull that is nothing short of an insult to readers is another. I feel bad for the poor fucks who actually bought the tanks.

>implying the entire manga wasn't a series of asspulls
come on brah

>spelled out

No, if you're gonna go a certain way with the plot, at least give some basis for it happening. Suddenly making two characters who had no romantic interest in each other a couple (much less changing the gender of one to fit your asspull ending) is not good writing. Nor is it "subtext." It's just fucking stupid.

UCHIKUDAKE

Spelled out just for you.

NAITTSU OFFU SHIDONIA

How will you rate Nihei's next work?

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/05/09-1/tsutomu-nihei-publishes-one-shot-science-fiction-manga-ningyou-no-kuni

See pic related

I just hope the art is better than late Sidonia and the BLAME redraws.

We had the manga dump thread yesterday.

>gets an alright ending
>complains about it
Why would you do this?

>alright ending
In what world do you live in?

I though MC was banging the captain. What the hell.

>no build up or explanation
They did have that one scene, though.

Yet another nonsensical plot point that was overshadowed by the stupidity of the ending

DROPPED. Just like most of the interesting developments.

Is this inspired by Sealab 2021? Thats what the OP image makes me think

People misinterpreted that. It was never stated or shown in the series. A bunch of people just bought into a meme and assumed it was fact.

It was pretty heavily implied in the manga, user.

THREE DAYS

Changed to MANY DAYS in the tank.

And people still say Izana and Yuhata came out of nowhere even though Yuhata pretty much outright stated her attraction.

>Yuhata pretty much outright stated her attraction.

What, you thought she was referring to Nagate in that scene?

You read a mangaka trolling his entire fanbase.

>robots just don't get enough love
Absolute fact

You people can headhunt him at SDCC then.

>People misinterpreted that
I remember some people misinterpreting Tanikaze kissing Tsumugi as "missing his step".

Everybody was winning so why can't you be happy about it?

>"missing his step"
Yes, he did miss his step. But a clumsy kiss is still a kiss, like those teen movies.

youtube.com/watch?v=UKXKUT4RWN4

>How will you rate Nihei's next work?
failed for art, Nihei forgot how to shade.

Any translations out yet?

I want to shake his hand and thank him for giving us so much Izana shippers butthurt.

>Why wasn't I warned?

You didn't read thoroughly.

You see, I can kind of see the argument for Yuhata wanting the Izana. I don't agree but I can see it. What I don't see is any local reason for Izana to be into it. It feels like she's going along with it because everybody needs to be paired off, which is a problem when she's the most fleshed out character in the series.
That was an interesting couple of days. I think those reactions were more disbelief than anything.

>I want to believe that she was born in a lab.
It is possible that Izana is the surrogate mother as well.
>Yuhata wanting to bang Izana has been foreshadowed many times, Yuhata turning into a dude certainly is possible, Yuhata wanting to turn into a dude came out of nowhere.
Many here prefer a lesbian end. But a hetero end should be fine and expected within Niheiverse, shouldn't it?

It's not a matter of lesbian or straight, itsy just a gigantic thing to drop out of nowhere in the last three pages of a series with no buildup.

It had buildup, shithead, you just focused on Izana > Nagate instead of noticing how Yuhata's feelings were shifting in What's an asspull is the reciprocation but then again the same argument could be said about Izana and Nagate because Nagate has never indicated feelings for Izana beyond being his best friend.

Please user, show me the buildup for Yuhata wanting a cock and Izana wanting Yuhata's cock. I'm waiting. I have a feeling I'll be waiting a while.

So the problem isn't that Nihei wrote a shit ending, the problem is that the readers were a bunch of harem protagonists?

No, Nihei did write a shit ending.

fuck his new artstyle too

Can't you read? The asspull was the reciprocation. Yuhata had feelings for Izana but you can't even understand basic English so why would you understand subtext in visual storytelling.

>My favourite character lost to a penis
>Not even in the H-Manga manner either
>Is now getting mating pressed by a cute girl that suddenly grew her own penis to combat the talking penis
>He's not even hot, letalone cute anymore.
>My second favourite died already. Like near the start.

I don't even one if I want to finish this anymore.

>comrartie high got axed?

Like 10 years ago bud
>axed 2006

Yuhata had wanted Nagate's cock for a while til she realized she couldn't beat Penis-chan.

Izana just wants a good man.

I amdit being an Izana fag but the story did degrade a lot since it started focusing on Tsumugi a lot. Sure, Nihei doesnt explain stuff but there were a lot of wasted character and moments and that skip to fairytale ending was just horrible.

>How will you rate Nihei's next work?

>set in a snowy planet
Another lame excuse to use less black ink again.

It was dumped on Sup Forums a few days ago.
Wasnt it an one shot?

He could have set it in a desert and it would be the same.

But nope, snow.

Pretty much Smoogy + Tsunbot

Everything starts as a one-shot.

>robots just don't get enough love

I like you, tsunbot.

This is the exact point where quality dropped. Nihei just stopped having ideas and simply padded, padded and padded again.

The Giant Sho arc was alright though.