Am i the only one that actively avoid any mecha show Sup Forums ?

Am i the only one that actively avoid any mecha show Sup Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/erjnwv.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No. SoL is the only worthwhile anime genre after all.

Cross Ange was okay.

I feel you user, mecha and ecchi are the only two show's I avoid like the plague.

What's wrong with mecha?

The only genre I avoid is romance yuri because it's forced drama incarnate.

No, I'm sure there are other low test fuccbois like you.

I always give them a chance but I'm always let down by how generic they are.

99% of mecha are shit, but you can still sometimes find a pretty good one if you know how to look. Kuromukuro is honestly pretty good, though it's criminally underrated at the moment (again, likely due to the number of shiteaters in the mecha fanbase).

The webm of the delicous brown boy in the towl made me want to pick it up

>dumb sol antics
>underrated

I don't like mecha as well, mostly because the aesthetic doesn't appeal to me given that fighting with giant robots is pretty retarded.

>fuccbois
Underage please

Only genre I tend to avoid in anime is mystery. Everything else is fair game.

>super powers
sign me up
>edgy katanas
why not
>magic powers
sure senpai
>giant robots
no thanks

I don't know what it is I just can't get into mecha.

Well there's a lot of him being naked I guess, but nothing homo so far.

Cue the shiteaters.

I don't like mecha either. I can't really get into it.

I mostly avoid them though I have watched a few, so meh.

I actively look for mecha shows, actually. But in the end I just end up disappointed when I actually find one and it turns out to be mediocre as fuck.

Giant robots are a man's romance.

Nope I avoid mecha and yuri whenever possible.

NGE already peaked the mecha genre so I don't see the point of watching anything else

NGE is literally my favorite show ever and I still want to call you a giant faggot for that retarded statement.

I have no idea why I'm not as into mecha as I am.

When I was a kid, I'd pretend I was in a mech under my blankets and act like my shit just got fucked up by a missile or something. Yell frantically about rerouting power to the this or that to try and get the mech running again.

I'd sit in class and design mechs and battlebots. Played the fuck outta Mech Warrior, Mech Assault, and Steel Battalion.

But when it comes to mecha anime: "eh fuck all that shit."

Action-oriented anime sucks.

No, I avoid mecha anime too, it typically is very uninteresting to me.

I don't even like Transformers very much.
Megas XLR was fun though, but that's more of a parody.

Personally, I can't quite describe it in an exact way, but the designs are somehow always very uninteresting, and the fighting feels less fun.

Even I know you're wrong.

Look at this joyless, boring fag.

Based quad tell the truth

You have to be 18 to post on this website.

No, mecha is shit. My only regrets is that I missed CG and TTGL when they were airing.

Me too, I think because I like seeing physical skill in humans rather than their robots. A feat doesn't feel as impressive when an inanimate object is mostly to thank, and I'm not 12 so the fights aren't particularly cool to me.

Then why are you still here?

I can appreciate the aesthetic of RL manmade things like planes, tanks, and ships, but mecha designs are just so boring.

If you're limiting yourself based purely on genre, then you're the same as those people who sit there and go "I only listen to alternative rock."

The only reason you would watch CG was for the threads.

This.

Agreed. Threads like these always make me kind of sad, knowing that there are so many people that apparently can't enjoy something simply because of their arbitrary likes and dislikes.

Why in the fuck would you want to be like Shinji

I don't like Battle Shounen anime.

My friend hates mech with a passion but loved Pacific Rim. I just don't get it.

This. Faggots in this thread seem to mostly think mecha is all about the robots without realizing that there are other things to enjoy in a mecha anime.

It's like saying all-girl SoL shows is all about cute girls, and if the girls aren't cute the show is shit, while disregarding atmosphere, humour, visuals, etc that make the show good.

Yes, all these people and you're a special snowflake with views that no one else has ever had.

No, you're not the only one. You are never the only one, so stop with the "Am I the only one" bullshit, becuase the answer is always no.

It's hardly ever done right. Aside from effeminate protaganists (usually teenagers) in shitty scenarios that dont really suit the war aspect that usally comes with mechs, the mecha themselves usually look generic as fuck and all of them feel the same.
It wasnt a particularly good anime, but one thing Big O did right was giving their giant robots a sense of weight, they were sluggish, not particularly agile and were built like tanks that would just shrug off most damage. Giant robots shouldnt be some hyper agile, speedy shit that teleports beind you with a laser katana.

He's a normalfag.

I did too, it's entry level so even mecha haters enjoyed it.

This user right here. I used to avoid mecha like plague because it didn't click with me. Only because I thought it didn't click with me. I consider it one of my favorite genres cause of 0079. You're limiting yourself because of what a genre entails. Hell, SOLs consisting mostly of girls that lack humor bore the shit out of me but I still spare it 4-5 episodes before dropping it. I never really enjoyed it but I'm sure I'll find something. You'll be surprised to like something you just weren't "in" to like you claim.

>Other things to enjoy in a mecha anime.
Please enlighten me user

Yet you're here.

>stop with the "Am I the only one" bullshit
It's a rhetorical question you insipid sperg.

Soon, you will avoid every anime. Soon enough.

This

this!

Mecha anime have the best girls.

If it was possible, everyone would know it.

This

Fuck off this is not tokyo ghoul shit threads

Not that user but good stories can be made despite it being mecha. There are shows that primarily focus on mecha which some anons sadly think most mecha are about. There are mecha shows that have stories that don't revolve around mecha. And while the latter stories can be played off with other modern weaponry like tanks and such, it's not as cool nor does it sell as well. You can find good characters and stories that vary from war is bad to weird SOL or Idols and robots.

And while I'm not fully into the whole robot thing, using a robot in your story could bring about cool things that spaceships and tanks can't. spaceships can't swordfight in space. It also helps stave off suspension of disbelief you'll get from more down to earth weaponry.

It's basically scifi that promises to not do the things I like about scifi.

Actually this is the accurate one.

Humanoid shaped war machines lend themselves really well to specific ideas, too
a.pomf.cat/erjnwv.webm

had

It's such a broad genre, though; and the mecha are often more of a motif than anything. I'd have a hard time finding a commonality between G Gundam, TTGL, and FMP outside of "here come dat bot".

I love mecha, Gunbuster is one of my favorite series. I just finished Ideon and SDF Macross and am working my way through Mobile Suit Gundam now.

I dunno I just like the style of them for some reason. I mean what's cooler than giant robots blowing shit up?

Source?
Not a fan of the cgi, but hey nothigns perfect.

Why is she out of her folder?

What cgi? The robots are 2d.
It's Gundam Thunderbolt.

Gundam

Only unwatchable garbage is Shounen-ai and Shoujo-ai.

You should know better OP. I just can't get into mecha either. I like seeing actual people do it rather than just giant robots.

TTGL is the only one I liked

Spoonfeeding just like that

No

Shoujo-ai doesn't mean what you think it means. And yuri is a miracle of the universe.

>Shoujo-ai
That word doesn't mean what you think it means

Mecha is absolute garbage for manchildren, the only good one was Geass and that was like ten years ago.

After you finish 500 animes you'll realize that the only genre worth watching is Slice of Life and yuri.

>Mecha is absolute garbage for manchildren
>the only genre worth watching is Slice of Life and yuri
hmmm

I watch older mecha for the war drama and the politics.

I bet you listen to everything except country and rap too.

>mecha's demographics: shounen
>sol/yuri demographics: seinen

hurr

Well said.

>i bet
shit bait m8

I avoid yuri, slice of life, anything based on LN's or VN's, ecchi, harems, ecchi battle harems, romance, moe, music, shonen (or fighting anime in general), anything that's 100% episodic and 99% of newer anime, like the plague.

Seinen, old manly anime, mecha and the few rare shows that break the norm and don't have fucking superpowerd teenagers in some fucking highschool. Retro always wins, and all light novel adaptations can burn in hell.

>mecha
>not highschool
>not super special teens

No. Mecha is a niche, and one that isn't very popular these days. Most mainstream profiles have
>Dislikes: Mecha
on them.

Countless people have said shit like
>I like things like Code Geass and TTGL, but I normally hate mecha

>yuri, slice of life,
I can understand avoiding these
>anything based on LN's or VN's,
These.
>ecchi, harems, ecchi battle harems,
And these.
>moe,
Aren't SoLs pretty much the same thing?
>romance, music, shonen (or fighting anime in general
But why these?
There are some good ones in here.

Nope, grown up soldiers and spaceships.

Or have Light Novels also corrupted the newer mecha? I don't know, I dont care.

Those people often haven't watched any other mecha series.

Go to bed, grandpa.

What about Toei Robot Girls Z? Does it count as mecha if it's all mecha fanservice with cute girls?

I only watch Pretty Cure, mostly. The other things on my backlog get worked on slowly, between lots of precure episodes. I'm afraid of getting caught up and having to wait for week to week translations though. I'm already mostly done with Smile. Fuck. Japan should start making two seasons of Pretty Cure every year. Do you guys like rice? I'm gonna go eat some rice. Maybe work out after, watch some pretty cure while I do. Pretty cure.

>But why these?
>There are some good ones in here.

Music is just fapbait for otakus (unless it's something like beck). Anime does a shit job with romance, it's always emotionaly manipulative crap or 23 episode cock tease, for a confession/kiss. (Clannad after story being an only good romance, that shows what happens after a kiss. Still ruined by forced drama and a bullshit time reset ending). Shonen an fighting anime is just a waste of time. I don't care who beats up who, or who has more broken powers, unless it's something completely over the top and self aware (like jojo, kill a kill or hellsing ultimate), I'm not interested.

There's a lot of different mecha. Super Robots like Mazinger, Kotestsujin Jeeg and Getter have a certain fun charm to them, with fun, admirable protagonists and wacky Giant robot moves such as electromagnetic yo-yos or flying rocket punches.
There's also Macross and it's focus on idols and music, and Gundam with its war drama. Not to mention the ton of mecha that are somewhat in between super robot and real robot like Overman King Gainer.

There's a ton of good mecha, though most of it is really shit nowadays.

Robot Girls Z was great, but Z Plus is unironically my favorite 21st century mecha.

>mecha show
>immediately dives into pseudo-intellectual bullshit for 90% of the episodes

Every

SINGLE

TIME

What do you think about the following?

>[Shin-Getter] Space Runway Ideon Series
>Mazinkaiser 1-7
>Getter Robo [mSubs] [HeroLegends] [mRips]

I've never seen ideon
Mazinkaiser OVAs are decent.
The original Getter Robo anime isn't all that great. Read the manga instead.

No because the MC plot armor always bullshit tier

The only good mecha shows I felt done right was Diebuster, Gurren Lagann, and Gundam Seed