I want Ueno to bully me.

Should I pick this up or wait for the anime by godani

Read it and form your own opinion

Why is kawai such a whore?

You mean flopani

No we're not talking about SHAFT

Ueno did nothing wrong.

this scene is so fucking forced
and the most forced thing is that, in the end, both girls are ok with each other. yay

That was surprisingly common in the school I went to for 9th grade.

It's seriously amazing how many misinterpret this damn story, and especially Shouko. Shouko is not a 'moeblob'. Her docile behavior is a direct result of being bullied all these years. She uses that behavior to not become a target to others. Internally there is not just 'fluff' that you would see in a moeblob character.

Everything after the attempted suicide was forced, in my opinion. The attempted suicide itself made absolutely no sense.

I really want to see this pic animates

i know that bullying is a rea thingl. my point is that the scene is artificial because it transforms the characters in unilateral figures. it's just shock value, cheap drama.

She looks like a moeblob because she suffered as hell, but is portrayed without character flaws. Even when she learns to have more confidence, she still shows an exaggerated kindness. Being a victim doesn't mean being good and perfect, but she is.

>The attempted suicide itself made absolutely no sense
I thought Shouko was had had enough of ruining everyone's lives, so she decided to end it?

Shouko entire life consist of

Look cute
Suffer

Some times she cans do both at the same time.

I don't think the attempt was forced. The girl was insecure and felt guilty. But what happened after that was totally forced. The MC saving her. All redeem themselves and become friends as if nothing had happened. Not to mention that stupid movie.

It wasn't her fault and everyone knew it, she knew it, it was just Kawai being that one cunt. Everything was going fine until then.

THIS

The MC, for example, also suffered bullying and became an insecure teenager who hates himself. He also had considered taking his own life. But his personality is full of nuances. He does not trust everybody nor love everybody like Shouko. This makes him seem more real than her.

After a strong start the story got stuck in limbo and stayed there until the end. Wasted potential

she is literally spurdo

I hated that bitch's guts so damn much.

I agree, Ueno was great.

This, it just goes nowhere. Even the ending is fucking nothing.

The ending was perfection you sperg.

Because she convinced herself she didn't do anything wrong.

I hope Reiko Yoshida makes Ueno a believable character.

That is the big difference Shouya feels human, he was a normal kid and you kind of like him, but then he becomes a bully and you hate his guts but then he is bullied and regrets his actions and tries to make amends but he doest become a saint either he still have some resentment. He has both flaws and virtues

But Souko? She doest even feel like a character but more like a walking plot device. She is an eternal victim that needs to be saved all the time not only from the people around her but also from her self.

Isn't that a flaw? People like Shouko exists.

Exactly like Shouko? Not really even the most submissive person would get tired of being nice all the time.

Shouko has a ton of character flaws, they are just ones people consider 'cute' when they would normally be terrible for a person (or for the people around that person). She's extremely shy, a doormat, and very weak willed. She is definitely not some saint that we don't want to stain, just a girl who tries to go through life without affecting anything. She lives that way as a direct result of her bullying.

That's a very light reading of the material. Reducing the characters in this story down that far strips away what is great about KnK.

>People like Shouko exists.
(another user here) insecure people exist, but Nishimiya is a saint.

CHEX!

She acts that kindly as a defense mechanism. If you were bullied, and didn't want to be bullied further, the best way to avoid it was to not make any enemies. That's one reason why Ueno was so pissed off with Shouko: she knew deep down that Shouko really was pissed at what happened to her, but didn't have the balls to confront anyone.

>That's a very light reading of the material. Reducing the characters in this story down that far strips away what is great about KnK.

And yet you are the one that described her as

>She's extremely shy, a doormat, and very weak willed

And that fits in with description of Shouko daily life. She looks cute and suffers.

I admit that it would be unfair to describe the rest of the characters like that specially the MC since he is not some bad guy that became good for no reason but Shouko is easily the weakest part of the cast.

>She is definitely not some saint
No, she is. The MC did bullying to her in childhood, and she forgave (and kind of fell in love with) him immediately after they meet again. Ueno humiliated her, but in the end they were all together as if nothing had happened. Being shy is nothing close to the endless compassion of this girl.
>she knew deep down that Shouko really was pissed at what happened to her, but didn't have the balls to confront anyone.
But that's the problem, even internally, unlike Ishida, she never shows any revolt against the world.

>She's extremely shy, a doormat, and very weak willed

I was using that as part of an argument about her character rather than describing her wholly as those reduced parts. It has been a few months since I read the story so textual sources don't come that quickly (plus, this is Sup Forums, where nobody gives enough of a shit about sources.) I don't dismiss your argument outright, because I agree that Shouko isn't the best character in the series. I just don't believe she deserves as much hate that she gets, or that she is that simple of a character.

>The MC did bullying to her in childhood, and she forgave (and kind of fell in love with) him immediately after they meet again.

Shouko's love for the MC was definitely not immediate. The first thing she did was run away from the guy. Only after slowly getting to know her after throwing bread for a while did she really open up (or when he searched for Sahara). Also, from Shouko's perspective, Ishida is the amazing one. He's the first person outside of her family who ever tried to give a shit about her (note that she doesn't seem to have any friends in the deaf class). If you met someone who went out of there way to understand and please you, it would make sense to fall for them.

>Ueno humiliated her, but in the end they were all together as if nothing had happened

I honestly don't remember how they reconciled, but she didn't blame Ueno for her actions after Ishida because she blamed herself for hurting him. If anything, she wanted people to hurt her.

>But that's the problem, even internally, unlike Ishida, she never shows any revolt against the world
Suicide is a type of revolt against the world. Instead of actually confronting the world externally, she would revolt against her circumstances without affecting anyone, as befitting her character.

>If you met someone who went out of there way to understand and please you, it would make sense to fall for them.

But don't we see that all time? Even battle harems used it "pretty girl had a hard life but she loves MC because he was nice to her"

>If you met someone who went out of there way to understand and please you, it would make sense to fall for them.
Really? If a person is really insecure, as she supposedly was because of the bullying over the years, she would not trust someone so easily. And that would be the point of the series, the reconciliation of the bully with the victim, but in less than 20 chapters they were already great friends.
>but she didn't blame Ueno for her actions
Yeah, she never blame anyone. Never.
>Suicide is a type of revolt against the world.
If she had any resentment against the world, the author needed to express it through the narrative, subjectively or objectively. But the author was more concerned with making her always look cute and pure. I'm not saying that I wanted her to be a girl craving for revenge like Carrie, but her compassion is convenient as fuck.

>Even battle harems used it "pretty girl had a hard life but she loves MC because he was nice to her"
But battle shounen, shoujo romance and harems are idealizations. KnK, on the other hand, is more down to earth. The focus is (or should be) on bullying and redemption, not in the romance. Maybe that's why many fans were pissed off at the end. The author made everything seem like a romantic fantasy.

>yfw based Kyoani entirely drops the whole movie subplot

wasn't she doing questionable things with old men for money?

It does happen a lot, but that doesn't mean it's not effective/believable in a story.

> If a person is really insecure, as she supposedly was because of the bullying over the years, she would not trust someone so easily.
She doesn't trust Ishida that quickly. I understand that in narrative time, 20 chapters is quick, but I don't remember how many days/weeks actually occur within the story. It's also quite difficult to call Shouko and Ishida 'great friends'. Shouko definitely has affection towards him, but both of them throw out heaps of spaghetti whenever they interact for the large majority of the story. She didn't trust him enough to really express her feelings to anyone until the end iirc (yes, she says 'i lige uu' but doesn't get the courage to correct his misinterpretation).

>Yeah, she never blame anyone. Never.
A lot of this can be chalked up to self loathing she's held for a long time. Instead of blaming others, she would blame herself for the actions they inflict on her (which a lot of insecure people do). This isn't saintly behavior, even though it is misinterpreted as such.

>needed to express it through the narrative, subjectively or objectively
I agree that the method the author chose to show her revolt wasn't the best way to. I just don't really feel that Shouko is compassionate. Instead, she acts kind to others so she doesn't get fucked with (which isn't really compassion). At least that was how I read the story.