In terms of the anime, how is this going to have an effect months down the road?

In terms of the anime, how is this going to have an effect months down the road?

Is there anything left to look forward to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NHS-K7OuLAc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>her hat

The new character design looks so much like anime Serena there's a pretty good chance of her staying.

Fuck off already, Serenafags.

But the default one will have black hair so that will probably be the new main girl.

Serena's own design didn't follow the game's default though, even before the new outfit, mixing the hair of the default with the eyes of the blonde.

The black haired girl in the trailer looks like the rival. Rival Serena in X/Y used a different design from the default player design that got used in marketing.

Plus there's the fact that even with a different hair color, anime Serena looks more like that girl than she looks like the X/Y girl.

But she does?

Why do mods allow these threads again?

>Why do mods allow threads about anime on an anime board?

Don't you have a Dragonball thread to shitpost in?

none. she's literally inferior May.

SHIPPERFAGS BTFO

>watching the ashnime
How dumb can you get?

>May
>not Cal

>being this desperate
It's clearly not Serena, idiot. The shippingcancer never had a chance of going anywhere.

>says it looks like Serena but isn't her
>hurr it isn't Serena

It's that guy constantly shitting up Pokemon threads here

>game related content
>discussed on Sup Forums
Fuck off.

I'm guessing by the sound of it Serena and new Fem MC resemblance rustled his jimmies or something along with the whole Ash/Serena thing?

>2016
>still watching pokemon
Biggest retards on Sup Forums 2bh.

I honestly think he just picks stuff to shitpost and insult people over at random.

Back to your cancerous general, idiots.

Nobody cares, go back, generalcancer.

Yeah, he's getting pretty easy to recognize.

Nobody cares, go back to your general.

I just went to look at the thread he linked. I get the feeling he's just resorted to spamming faces now because his jimmies are over-rustled from this.

Nobody cares, fuck off to your general.

Given how it seems the new region really is based on Hawaii, I guess that drop's Serena's chances of staying to 0.01%.

>look at thread
>people having a civil discussion about the new trailer
>what's clearly just one or two people sitting there spamming "HAHAHA LOL BTFO" over and over

That's hilariously sad

See The new pc design resembles anime Serena so much more than anime Serena resembles game Serena there's absolutely a chance of her staying.
At the very least it looks more likely now than it did yesterday.

>The new pc design resembles anime Serena so much more than anime Serena resembles game Serena there's absolutely a chance of her staying.
This is some serious desperation.

Haha new series, Ash and Pikachu lost and start over, Serena went to trash like all the girls prior to her. New girl appear and stay for 1 year. Rinse and repeat.
That shipper guy probably on suicide watch now.

Is Serena getting NTR'd by the new girl?

Well, there's actually the case of Hilda never being in the anime, anime Serena and the new game girl looking somewhat alike and Ash losing seems to be what'll happen against Diantha.

The delusion is strong in this one.

It seems that's because the characters can be customized in S/M, so yes, you can make your character look like Serena. It doesn't mean it *will* be Serena.

Pretty much. She will "go on her own adventure" right as Ash switches regions.

The faggots on the /vp/ general don't want to believe it because they're shippers wh donate to deviantart patreons, but it's what will happen, it always does.

Except it isn't because she actually does and anime Serena's hairstyle isn't an option in X/Y?

Thank you for talking some sense into this thread.

Holy shit those hairstyles are nothing alike you autist.

That's just a coincidence.

Face it, with Hawaii being confirmed (remember that "Alola" is just one letter away from "Aloha"), Serena is very unlikely to stay.

>inb4 France and Hawaii were at war with each other at some point, therefore Alola = Southern Kalos
That makes no sense. By that logic you'd probably say that Unova and Kanto etc. were at war with each other because of WW2?

She isn't.
>The faggots on the /vp/ general don't want to believe it because they're shippers wh donate to deviantart patreons, but it's what will happen, it always does.
The thread doesn't do that and the guy that posted the deviantart/patreon is always told to fuck off and is a known shitposter.

New character is customizable Mami. If anything there really is a case for Serena staying.

Can you talk some sense into /padt/? It's a frenzy over there.

>The thread doesn't do that and the guy that posted the deviantart/patreon is always told to fuck off and is a known shitposter.
/padt/ circlejerks over fanartists all the time, do you even post there? They all literally worship sickboyr.

I'm seeing people having a discussion mostly centered around what started Ash will get, and one blatant samefag that's probably you shitposting the same mostly ignored bait posts over and over.

>New character is customizable Mami. If anything there really is a case for Serena staying.
Does not follow. The girl in the trailer doesn't even look anything close to her (the girl in the trailer has black hair, not brown hair).

Nope. Knowing how they react to anyone who unironically doesn't think Serena is staying, I'm staying away from /padt/ until maybe after the Sun/Moon anime starts.

>France and Hawaii were at war
It's not even about the war, it's how there's actually some history between them and there's also the Zygarde forms.

There really is more than just coincidence if you can customize your avatar.

Scratch that, the shitposter just got banned

For some reason, I'm not really excited over S/M game, aesthetically it looks too similar to Ruby/Sapphire/ORAS.
At least the legendaries look great, I'll give them that.

Post yfw Serena stays... It's actually Ash that goes away and they use the S/M male character as the new protagonist

>Does not follow. The girl in the trailer doesn't even look anything close to her (the girl in the trailer has black hair, not brown hair).
Seriously?

You know, your arguments are starting to remind me of this video. Just because you can customize your character does not mean Serena is staying. Hawaii is like on the other side of the world, Serena staying does not make sense. What would she do there? Is Tripokalon or an equivalent even going to be part of S/M?
youtube.com/watch?v=NHS-K7OuLAc

>(the girl in the trailer has black hair, not brown hair)
It's most likely the rival character if you play as a boy.
Rival Serena had her own design that differed from the standard playable Serena they promoted in marketing.

She looks more like May than Serena, actually. For one, her hair color is lighter.

Nah, I'd rather have Bonnie stays.

Just wait for PokeSpe for the canon design of the player characters

People are discussing the possibilities, Mimi. No one is insisting she's obviously staying.

>She looks more like May than Serena
You probably need to get your eyes checked.

Well the guy I was talking to seems to be convinced.

>No one is insisting she's obviously staying.
That wasn't the case the last time I lurked the threads (which wa sometime last month).

Why is the new may so delicious?

>Hawaii
This really bugs me. Why Hawaii?

There was no Tripokalon in XY's games either though.

The new girl is obviously not Ash's future travel partner. Unless Serena stays it's probably gonna be one of the gym leaders.

lesse,

Spats.
Spats.
Spats.
Spats under short shorts.
Spats.

Spats.

I mean in her hair color. Sure her hair kind of resembles anime Serena's, but it doesn't mean it's the same people. It's kind of like how Hotaru from Dagashi Kashi's hair kind of resembles the hair of Anna from Shimoneta. It doesn't mean it's the same person.

Because she was voiced by Kana Hanazawa.

>Well the guy I was talking to seems to be convinced.
He said that it's not serious desperation to say that there's absolutely a chance of Serena staying.

How do you get "convinced she'll stay" out of that?

Did they just recycle Brendan and May's models?

I'm not even the first guy. Hell, /vp/ (not the anime thread) are talking about how Serena and the new girl have some resemblance.

Yes, but Tripokalons were essentially ORAS' Super Contests and ORAS happened to have come out around the time Tripokalons were introduced.

>Even in the trailer nobody gives a shit about the retarded clown seal.

Given how /padt/ really likes Serena (actually like is an understatement) that's not exactly surprising.

>/vp/ (not the anime thread)
Can you even read?

>owl
>cat
>not a rat or toad

>new girl is said to look like Serena
>they look similar enough
>hurr they're the same person
Are you retarded?

Why new york? Why france?

I agree. The first time I saw OP pic I thought it was Haruka, at least the original Haruka.

A decent number of /padt/ anons also post elsewhere on /vp/. Not all, but many do.

Never mind about that, I was straying too far. My point is that just because you can make the new girl look like Serena doesn't mean Serena will be in the Gen 7 anime. I admit I had a poor choice of words, but my point is that Serena staying is very unlikely, and using player customization as being a hint of her returning is pretty illogical.

Let's fucking hope that Serena stays so that you won't return to /padt/ then.

>My point is that just because you can make the new girl look like Serena doesn't mean Serena will be in the Gen 7 anime
And people aren't saying that either, they're discussing the possibilities

I thought S/M starters' design as a whole were extremely underwhelming.

The owl is a gift of God to humanity.
Don't talk shit about the owl

Well, I think it's pretty cool that they had a two-type stage one starter, which I think they haven't done since Bulbasaur way back in Gen 1. I kind of wish that they go away from the traditional grass-fire-water trio and try a different trio, as it's getting pretty stale.

This desu. I hope their next stages are good at least.

You could say the same about almost any side-feature though.

The anime itself tried to tie-in the Tripokalon stuff with those trainer videos that XY had when it was introducing it for the first time.

It isn't just the player customization. It's that Serena and the new girl look similar enough that Serena can take over as Gen 7 girl like Ash does every single guy and the fact that Serena was designed as an OC that was separated from her game counterpart.

Also, remembering one of the threads, there's the whole Hilda-Iris thing

Those became Pokevisions, which the anime more or less stopped mentioning after they introduced Tripokalons.

Well, the owl did look the best compared to the others, I won't deny that.

That doesn't make any sense. Just because Serena kind of looks like one of the possible customization options for the female playable character doesn't mean that Serena can be a suitable substitute. That could have been a possibility if Not!Serena were the only availabe option, but there's four of them and only the first resembles Serena.

Put it this way: if in X/Y you customize your character and make him resemble Brendan, does that mean you can substitute Calem with Brendan?

>there's four of them
It's the same design with different palettes, just like in X/Y, and they're just initial designs you can customize further anyway, just like in X/Y

They're all the same female with palette changes. Take out the colors and you still have a girl with short bobbed hair that's somewhat similar to Serena in the anime.

The anime basically brought them up (the Pokevisions) in the first place just to give some legitimacy to the Tripokalons, since they were used as a lead in for those and Kallos' queen.

It's unlikely Tripokalons were planned back then

serena is so fucking dead

Nah, new girl gets Hilda'd and Serena takes over like Ash does for the male protagonists.

New girl is basically Serena already.

Why can't you stay on with this shipping garbage.