Why aren't you worshiping the only studio that takes risks?

Why aren't you worshiping the only studio that takes risks?

I just farted in this thread.

Not everything they make was good. For every Shirobako, there's a Glasslip.

What shit opinion. As expected of dutertards.

That's why P.A. Works is the best. They take risks and learn from those risk, it's all about the experience.

>the only studio that takes risks

Sadly this is true.

Delivering shit anime means you take risks?

Most of their stuff is at least watchable with few true disasters.

>risks
>kormokororo

Wut

>takes fuckton of money from government because muh tourism
>taking risk

Their only real risk was Shirobako.

>Making bad shows means they take risks

No, that just means some times they made bad shows.

You are trying to hard to be "different"

Im not sure, but kyoani is spelled differently probably

I liked glasslip, and I think shirobako was really nice but pretty overrated on this board.

Awful. Simply awful.

Hanasaku Iroha and Shirobako are like their only good shows though.

Same here but some of the panning, slideshow and QUALITY were terrible though. Story wise its just another pa works teenage stuff.

Manglobe went bust

Manglobe never did anything successful (except Karneval and maybe TWGOK).

And Nagi no Asukara. This and more so Shirobako were really great shows. Their other stuff not so much. Hanasaku Iroha was alright, Tari Tari I still haven't finished, but I guess it's alright. And yeah, that's pretty much it.

Those two and Uchouten Kazoku are really their only good works.

Angel Beats and Charlotte both started pretty strongly but fell flat by the end.

Does anyone remember Red Data Girl? Because I certainly didn't and just checked what PA worked on and it was there. What was it even about?

>Uchouten Kazoku
I forgot that show existed, I didn't even realize they worked on it. It was good though.

Alright they produce some decent shows. I really liked uchouten kazoku. I never really got interested in Nagi no Asukara but the character designs were really nice. Tari Tari was pretty meh I watched like half of it before getting bored of it.

>P.A. Works
>only good thing they have done in years was Charlotte

nice try

Only thing I remember about that show was that no one liked it. Apparently it aired 3 years ago, what the shit time flew by

PA Works did Uchouten Kazoku? It's been a while since I last watched it, but damn, that show was really entertaining.

My only memory is that is was dull as hell. Guess that's why I forgot about it.

Yeah, it was slow as fuck but the whole mythology stuff was nice to watch, and the twins with horse arc was hilarious.

What risks?

This thread has me TRIGGERed.

>What was it even about?
Her spirit went to the past to warn her about the danger because she would be captured and used by evil people for her powers. It was a nice show, pretty underrated.

Madhouse is mai waifu

All of their shows up until Glasslip were at least decent. Some, like HanaIroha and UK were absolutely amazing. Faggots dropped RDG too soon as well.
Glasslip was just fucking nothing although the OST is beautiful.

P.A. has gotten worse though. NNA was nice but not as good as their previous shows, Glasslip is obvious and while Shirobako was good I'll still have to agree with the other user. It is absolutely overrated and considered to be some kind of masterpiece for taking on a different kind of setting/theme.
Haruchika was garbage at the beginning but massively improved towards the end. It had some of the best P.A. scenes and Chika is just cute.
Kuromukuro is great so far, they're taking their time and aren't rushing things. Nice pacing, interesting characters and you're not being told everything.

Sounds up my alley, actually. Makes we wonder again why I forgot it.

>It had some of the best P.A. scenes and Chika is just cute.

So basically, they're a bit bland but they do mostly good work. They have no USP like Shaft or KyoAni, but they manage to produce decent to good shows, with a few misses inbetween.

hey guys don't forget kuromokuro it's their masterpiece

Now I know what I was trying to remember, fucking Charlotte. That was a fucking disaster of a show. Also, fuck Ayane, I wish I could strangle her so that I never have to hear her voice again.

The last episodes, not the the majority of the show. The episode with the dead woman was amazing and the relationship between Naoko and Chika was good.

Haruchika looks awful.

It was Funimation encoded. You should see what they did to Sansha Sanyou.

Not really no. UK and HanaIroha are very good shows, way above average. Tari Tari was good for what it set out to do and True Tears is still one of MX favorites for various reasons. They used to make above average/very good shows. Now they kind of go from weak or medicore to good and back to weak again. P.A. has the wrong kind of consistency nowadays.

>progressive animation works
>often regressive in their animation
At least Kuromukuro is a huge step up

>Be PA Works
>See Eupho
>Do Haruchika
>Make the most pathetic attempt at animating brass instruments

PA works is ok. They should stop trying what KyoAni does though. Even angel beats looked awkward as fuck even with the rotoscope.

>inb4 K-ON's performances were purely rotoscoped

Taking risks and making bad shows aren't mutually inclusive. P.A. works takes risks because a high percentage of their shows in recent years are completely original, especially compared to other studios. Which means they literally have nothing to carry their show's sales or success except the quality of the show itself and to a lesser degree their own prestige as a studio that consistently has good animation quality.

>Original
Charlotte
Shirobako
Glasslip
Angel Beats
Nagi no Asukara
Hanasaku Iroha
Tari Tari
True Tears*

>Adaptations
Another
Red Data Girl
Haruchika
True Tears*

True Tears kind of falls in both categories because it's still technically based on the game.
Probably should be counted as an original work though.

What you notice here is that the majority of their contemporary work is all original; furthermore their most successful shows are their original series as well. Even if you don't like the shows, the studio deserves respect for being able to achieve that level of success with such so many original series.

Compare to a studio like Ufotable. Nearly all their success has been based on the Type-Moon series which has a huge established viewer/readership and is basically guaranteed to print money (even DEEN FSN was financially successful). When they try doing something even remotely risky animate God Eater, it fucking flops. Now they're adapting Touken Ranbu which is also guaranteed to be successful based on how much disposable income fujoshits have proven to have.

>uchouten kazoku forgotten again

Poor man's Kyoani.

I think their risks far outweigh the benefits

You're forgetting tourism and government funding. They can probably only do what they're doing because of these two.

P.A took risks? when?

>average P.A. Works fan
Successful working 25 year old
>average KyoAni fan
middle school kid skipping his homework

Didn't watch it, also haven't seen Kuromokuro so it's -1 for each category.

>being a studio fag
You're all the same shit.

PAW is a studio for adults since they don't adapt so many LNs or manga like other studios. Not everyone is mature enough to appreciate what they make.

Maybe they wouldn't be shit if they adapted manga.

I'm not a studiofag. I'm just saying

How strange that I like both very much then. The fag above you is right, studio fags are literal niggers.

When it took Angel Beats, Nagiasu, and Hanasaku Iroha and made them all successful shows despite being completely original.

If you look at trends in animation. The amount of adaptations compared to original series has steadily risen in the past two decades. Literally anything from shitty LNs to mobage can get turned into an anime now.

>I'm not a studiofag
Well, you could be a kid tryind to start a stupid fight between studiofags

I don't think NNA was successful.

you mean really shitty

>PAW is a studio for adults

Of course they are.
Real mature.

Charlotte
Shirobako
Glasslip
Angel Beats
Nagi no Asukara
Hanasaku Iroha
Tari Tari
Another
Red Data Girl
Haruchika
True Tears

>and made them all successful shows despite being completely original
That's not so risky.

>If you look at trends in animation
Such as? Honestly though P.A. series are good, they don't use new or experimental animation techniques.

If you like the studio that's okay, but saying it takes risks just because it doesn't make adaptations is stupid.

Taking risks means do something different not just doing original works that appeal to the same audience.

In that sense they almost never take risks. Even Shirobako had a cast of cute, innocent, girls that never date.

Haruchika has nothing to do with Eupho.

It was terrible.
It's just 12 episodes of an effeminate gay boy bullying a girl who isn't very bright at inappropriate times.

PA > KyoAni

I do worship KyoAni

It's not your everyday mecha.

>It's just 12 episodes of an effeminate gay boy bullying a girl who isn't very bright at inappropriate times.
Picked up.

Ill be honest, Im not a fan of mecha anime but I make it a thing to try and watch every P.A. works anime.

So far I'm not disappointed this season.

Funfact:
Madhouse's CG studio is actually doing the CGI & Key coloring for Kabaneri.

>Charlotte
>Angel Beats
Both are KEY's works just like Fate:Zero.So they are more like adaptions.Also from what i read True Tears story don't have any relation to the True Tears VN.

I'll worship them if they make S2. The material's there now. Please, P.A. Works. Please.

This.
I'll even throw my money at it.

Shirobako is first.