Thoughts on Nihilism?

Thoughts on Nihilism?

this the guy from mythbusters?

I don't believe it has any inherent value.

>Nietzsche
>Nihilism`
Wait a second..
>that flag
Yup, I see what's going on now.

Philosophical suicide.

nihilism is the bane of western civilization. he was the first western philosopher who realized that western society already started it's moral decline, and thus was looking for an alternative.

Reminder that nihilism is poorly titled, and has always been considered by its main philosophers as something to be escaped from, for humanity to face and conquer and develop through, not used as an excuse to claim everything is meaningless.

It doesn't really matter

Active Nihilism is still Nihilism.

Nietzsche considered himself and his generation nihilistic, but he also addressed the difference between passive nihilism, that produced the "Last Man," and the active nihilism that would spark the transvaluation of all values and lead mankind towards the Übermensch.

Nietzsche was literally the antithesis of a nihilist you half-wit reddit fuck. kys.

He was not the first westerner to notice you absolute retard. Kierkegaard was already dead when nietzssche was 11.

This. I see it as a stepping stone towards a stronger resolve and moral fortitude.

This, the Übermensch did not take over after all.

Nihilism is meant to be overcome. Philosophers gave us a warning. Judging by our world, it was in vain, they gave their warning to niggers.

This greekbro is right.
Fucking bait thread

is active nihilism the precursor to existentialism? Always considered Nietzsche an early existentialist t b h.

>Thoughts on Nihilism?

I don't believe in it.

No. Read kierkegaard.

the path of self destruction

Completely nonsensical. You cannot be writing about wanting to off yourself and actually be a nihilist. Expounding the nihilist worldview means that you enjoy the intellectual activity ergo the life itself.

Also Nietzche was not a nihilist.

Existentialism is a broad category, but later authors such as Sartre and Camus were directly influenced by his works.

Camus' The Myth of Sisyphus in particular reads like a homage to the Nietzschean concept of amor fati.

Kierkegaard was a faggot.

Hahahahaha this fucking faggot. Camus and sartre are terrible and sophomoric and offered nothing new. You faggots don't even understand the ethical vs the aesthetical honestly do some reading.

You as a German(?) should know that Nietzche was optimistic when compared to Schopenhauer. And every fucking mid-19th century philosopher started writing about the decline as a reaction to Enlightement.

I am an existentialist. we can give ourselves morals, goals and what have you and live a normal lifetime just like everyone else.

>t. plebeian who took an introductory philosophy class once

Not a very complicated, or useful philosophy. People who call themselves nihilists like they're proud of it is like saying they're proud of dooming themselves to a life of misery but at least they know da truth xD

He was not a nihilist, he was warning against worldviews and politics of nihilism like what would become communism.

>ethical vs the aesthetical
meh, it's either/or if you ask me

This. Nihilism is a rejection of Humanism. A nihilist believes that nothing intrinsically matters, so anything you can do to further yourself is justified because fuck other people. Humanism is a handicap, believing that all people are basically good no matter what. Nihilism is just an easier way for a human to get what they want out of life.

I never went to college nice try. If you pulled your head from your ass maybe you could praise or dismiss something of your own accord. Kierkegaard and Dostoevsky, but kierkegaard first (as father od existebtialism) both deconstructed and argued against Hegelian philosophy from 2 completelt different cultures around the same time. Nietzsche knew of kierkegaard but never wrote in conflict, and praised Dostoevsky. You ate faggot brained.

>Nietzsche
Saged.

Sorry for typos im outside on mobile

fuck you

He never mentioned Kierkegaard because the Danish faggot was a nobody who only wrote about inane shit (muh knight of faith).

Dostoevsky on the other hand was one of Nietzsche's major influences and shouldn't be compared to faggots.

Nihilism isn't embracing misery. It's rejecting the normal misery of others to seek more fulfilling personal prospects.

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB IM PICKLE RICK

You can still be a positive about even if you know DA TROOTH

I don't care, these homo-centric concerns are nothing to the vastness of the cosmos and mean even less to the grand scheme of things.

Well, Nietzsche sure as fuck disliked it.

No, that's existentialism.

>Nietzche
>Nihilism
Cuckgaard was still a part of the dying institution of Christianity

Nietzsche had absolutely nothing in common with the modern nihilist.

what about sunday football, Carl?