Will miura finish berserk before dying?

will miura finish berserk before dying?

dude is still in his 40s, he ain't dying anytime soon.

I don't even care at this point, it's so bad that I don't ever see it recovering

Yes. You can't have spent so much time on a work like that and drop it like that with no remorse on your deathbed

>will miura finish berserk before I die?

you know, he may have cancer but he doesn't want his fans to know

just like bowie, remember bowie?

yes, but you will die before you can read it

I don't know why I can't find the info anywhere but someone once said Miura doesn't actually plan on finishing Berserk. He plans on having it go on forever and never conclude, just like life works.
I overhead this from some guys in real life so you know this information is trustworthy just like the internet.

No.

he's 70% done

Only 8 more years to go. Add 18 months for every id@l release

>haha le idolmaster xd

durrserk tards are as bad as jojocucks

He prob can if he cuts corners and wraps it up quicker than he should, if we're going by the frequency of releases now.

aw cmon, arent you interested in loli witches and stupid magic shit that break the grim setting?

fucking idolmaster

He will

If he does the wait will be too long to make the readers satisfied

So I finished watching the three movies.

Can I pick up the manga from where the third one ended, or should I just start from the beginning?

And is the original anime worth watching?

At this point I really fucking hate him, so if he dies before finishing it then I'll still be happy because this faggot died.
>inb4 miura cocksucking crew comes in to defend his honor
>inb4 he can take all the time he wants as long as the art style is good
>inb4 I'd rather have him no finish it than do a bad ending
Admit it faggots he doesn't know where he's going with this shit and at this point he's made GodHand and Griffith too OP for Guts to really stand a chance, so unless he gets a power up soon he's fucked.

might as well start from the beginning and enjoy his art and extras that arent in the movies.

why did you start with the movies? But start from the beginning, the movies did a poor job adapting the events of the manga and the CG was pretty egregious. It condenses the golden age a lot, also you'll be missing the black swordsman arc if you skip the first three volumes which lead into the really long golden age flashback. There's a lot of nuances and just flat out better storytelling elements lost in the movies as well certain plot points cut (wyald) so if you really liked the series than just start from the beginning. The old anime isn't worth it other than the stellar ost pretty much.

Why does the manga with some of the best art out there always get adaptations that look like piss?

Didn't a 42 year old light novel author or something die recently?

Japanese people don't seem to handle sickness too well.

IT'S A TRAP!
Seriously don't fall for it user. Just wait 20 years when he finishes this shit to read it because you are going to be disappointed by the fact that it's not completed yet given when he started this shit.
For now just pretend that where the movies end it's where the story ends as well.

Yeah the PapaKiki guy is dead, he went to loli heaven

>why did you start with the movies?
because I never really heard much about the series except everyone kept saying he'll never get off the boat. Then they said he finally got off the boat.

Then I saw the first movie on netflix and decided to check it out.

Enjoyed it, then watched the other 2.

I hope we all go to loli heaven user

Jesus, every time I watch Miura I just think of Frank, god damn it.

Wasn't Miura a japanese neckbeard? In that pic he almost looks like a productive member of society.

>you are going to be disappointed by the fact that it's not completed yet given when he started this shit.

...nigga I still keep up with Detective Conan.

Long running series don't bother me very much

what's up with mangakas/authors anyway? Even live-line workers are less prune to die during work that some nip drawing chinese cartoon books.

Probably, doesn't even matter though, manga went to shit a decade ago.

he is on race with R.R.Martin

Whoever die first is real winner

At least GURM pretty much handed the future of his story to the TV show, they have already gone past in some aspects.

>but beserk doesn't even get regular updates
I don't mind long RUNNING series, but for fucks sake it needs to be running and not tripping down and taking a break for a few years and then standing up only to sprain an ankle again.

It used to come out fairly fast many years ago, but the art was a bit rougher.

Is that Filthy Frank's dad?

Well he probably won't finish it after dying.

I think the better question is
Will Berserk finish Miura before dying?

Miura just literally has no idea how to proceed. You can tell with even the latest chapter,
>I know lets have badguys appear right when they land!
>Again
I think Miura initially wanted Guts to achieve some sort of revenge but if he ever gets to the end it'll likely be more of either
A) someone adopts Guts' will to carry on
or
B) Guts will end up being forced into attacking Griffith despite not having a grudge against him. Griffith will try provoking him saying he's acting on his emotions, but Guts will just be all 'nah sorry I'm over it'

Also is Griffith going to betray God Hand?

The TV show is so much different than the books though. The only plotlines that haven't been completely changed are Tyrion, Dany, and Jon. (Bran?)

Everyone else have had completely different plotlines. I guess you could argue Cersei but she's had Jaime with her, plus her kid died.
Then we don't know if that was the direction that GRRM wanted for Stannis either. Brienne is stuck elsewhere and can't be the one to 'kill' him assuming the show isn't trolling with his death too.

>griffith
>betraying godhand

Why would he? They've tossed everything he's ever hoped for right into his lap.

We should start a fund to cryonically preserve sickly mangaka once they die so we can revive them and get them to finish their damn series a hundred years later. and you though you waited forever for Guts to get off the boat.

So did the King he served under, but he still wanted to be at the very top. He fucked everyone over his entire life to get to that point, and even the most recent chapter confirmed this of him piling bodies to form his kingdom.

Why would he not want to rule above God Hand?
Only reasons I could think of is that he lost his desire to rule after the eclipse or that he agrees with whatever God Hand's purpose is supposed to be.

Why do people not like current berserk? Golden age is most peoples favorite arc and it didn't really have too much grimdark shit.
Also on the whole high fantasy thing, I think it's intentional since griffith created this amazing mythical empire, and I bet once the god hand reveals their plan it's gonna come tumbling down and the creatures are gonna turn into super demons or some shit.

The japanese working to death meme is based in reality and human bodies need down time.

Not a several year break. That's how you lose capability and skill.

Is he on vacation? Fairly sure he took a hiatus to make sure the Playstation2 CGI graphics for Berserk the Animation are faithful to his vision.

is there any picture of him other than this one?

How does such an innocent looking little man make something as gritty and terrifying as Berserk?

That just means he draws slowly, fairy tail author can draw 30+ pages a week plus some fun sketches on the side.

its usually the innocent looking ones who have the hardest time hidden behind that fake personality/smile/face. In this case, it was miura's output during his younger days drawing shorts which eventually became much more. Once miura got married and loaded, he started releasing works less frequently.

Who cares if he dies, he fucked up huge by adding all that magic garbage

i mean come on look at the resemblance of his character and himself. The adult guts was what he wanted to be when he was drawing berserk during his teenage years.

Miura isn't even going to finish before the world ends

Alright crack pots. What's the most logical ending that will happen? no loose ends.

I was really surprised to find out that Miura hadn't actually planed a lot of berserk in advance.

What is with manga artists and just winging it? The only two manga artists that spring to mind that have any semblance of a 'plan' for their manga are Oda and ONE.

Griffith wipes the fucking floor with Guts and his D&D group when they come knocking. 1000 years of white peace follow.

All things magic is destroyed ultimately or sealed permanently, leaving humanity to continue on its usual course.
Griffith loses his special abilites/magic, guts kills fantos/griffith while on even playing fields.
Casca dies somewhere during last battles
Ends with Guts living on as a old man telling tales to children on some sunny/sunset hill. On top of the hill lies casca's burial mound with dragonslayer blade as tombstone or decor.

>Oda
>planning

implying haki isn't a bullshit powerup cop out that doesn't make sense in hindsight. Why did shanks lose his arm to fodder if he was a haki god early on then.

If you anons ever become parents, will you get them to watch/read your "recommendations"?

Does anyone else want more of guts' party to somehow interact with the new band of the hawk unkowingly? Like maybe serpico shoots the shit with Irvine or Locus, kinda like loli witch and sonia did? It'd be cool.

No, you don't tell your kids to read/watch this stuff. Best way is to like just leave them out there in like a basement or maybe living room (assuming they're of age to read berserk) and if they feel inclination to read or watch these of their own accord they will. And if they really like the series they'd end up being chatty about it and ask why we didn't rec it earlier, rather than like trying to get them to watch what you like.

Pretty sure that's not true, but even if it was, that's still a "break" from his art work.

It's maddening because we all know that Miura *can* draw Berserk chapters now; he just doesn't want to. At the very least, he could tell the public what he's doing. There are many fans in Japan who I'm sure are just as upset about him not working as we are, and he won't even tell *them* anything.

Remember Takehiko Inoue's massive, almost pure apology interview/essay that he did when he put Vagabond on hiatus?
>Inoue: I’d reached a point where I wasn’t even sure of that. I became unsure of where I was heading, couldn’t even remember where I’d started from in the first place.
>That’s how busy I was. I was stuck doing the work for external factors for so long that I’d forgotten to look inside myself.
That's just a small snippet. Inoue had the balls to tell people in a public interview that he didn't want to do Vagabond currently. He gave a fair and reasonable explanation that completely humanized himself, as opposed to the way that we typically see mangaka, and it helped people accept the hiatus(es).

Why can't Miura do something similar? It doesn't have to be verbal. He can just write out why he isn't drawing Berserk. Maybe he does want to draw, but he's crippled his right hand somehow, and concealed it from the public. Maybe he doesn't want to draw Berserk, and would much rather enjoy the happier things in life, like video games (yes, I know he's not a game junkie). Regardless of why he isn't drawing Berserk, I think the fans have a right to a brief explanation or update at the very least.

No, Berserk will not be finished, just like every other eternal hiatus manga. Why the fuck people feel the need to have threads about this fact for Berserk and HxH every two days I will never understand.

I think you need to read more than ten manga.

Guts will either have a phyrric victory against Griffith killing each other or will have a Kenshiro ending.
Casca will recover her memories and will die at some point.
Isidro, Schierke and Ivalera retreat to a life in the wilderness.
Isma will stay with Isidro or go back to the sea.
Farnese leaves with Roderick.
Serpico either follows Farnese, goes on his own, will die, or use a behelit and die fighting other apostles.
Azan will leave with Farnese, the children, or return to be a Hedge Knight.
Rickert will become either lead his own mercenary band or a group of survivors of Falconia (may include Luca and the girls).
The skull knight will die fighting the godhand, probably taking Void with him.
What do you guys think?

But in the end al he gets is Fairy Tail.

There's planes and technology and shit.

But wait
What's that
It's the Joestar boy, on his way back to the castle.

Farnese dies, serpico uses the behelit, Guts has to kill him.

Luca gets raped, dies.

I see literally nothing good happening to any of the cast.

Skull knight is Gaeric.

>stupid magic shit that break the grim setting
>stupid magic shit
>magic

Like an elf who follows the hero and heals his wounds after every battle?
Or a stone that can be used to summon supernatural beings who can give any human superpowers?

Berserk had "magic shit" from the very beginning. Why are people complaining now?

this better not be the new "he'll be fine"

He will be daijobu.

I'm not worried about him dying. I'm worried if he's lost interest. I mean if he wanted to take a couple of years of and do nothing I get it. But it seems more like he's burn out.

Because nothing can be both good and popular. What are you, some fag who likes developing stories and settings?

>Because nothing can be good

Yes.

Miura will use his behelit and sacrifice Berserk to save IM@S from going out of style.

Then a transfigured Kawamori will appear in an eclipse and crown him as the new member of the Aidoru Hand.

hell be fine

The flashback about young guts in prison and the little fairy (chicchi) was the fucking best

Also the sea monster with mermaids etc was beautifully drawn

The first two chapters on the island have been kinda meh, we'll see

No.
I think it's obvious he doesn't care about the series anymore, or has no ideas, or both.
He probably hates it by now, since it's so popular and the editors are most likely pressing him to finish it, much like some artists come to hate their most popular songs when they end up playing them at every single show for the rest of their careers.