>call it a veggie

Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culinary_name
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maekawa was such a best

Cosplay > Ryuushi >>>>>>> shit > Aunt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sup Forums >> Erio

Are you saying this isn't a vegetable?

She triggers fetishes I didn't even know I had.

That's a lesbian, user.

She looks like she's cooking to me.

That's true.

The order is wrong though. It's Maekawa > Erio.

The rest don't matter.

>Hey transfer student
>It's a shame that your alien cousin isn't here today.
>Hey transfer student, I could be your alien today, if you wanted

Why is she so smug?

Reminder that the following things are not vegetables:

Tomatoes
Bell peppers, and any other type of pepper
Beans
Peas
Corn

You forgot avocados

tomatoes are vegetables though

She isn't, she just looks that way.

Isn't vegetable a colloquial term anyway? If it's a plant that people eat on a savoury basis then it's most likely a vegetable.

Don't forget cucumbers

Only fruits call a tomato a vegetable.

Vegetable is a culinary term rather than a biological term. Basically, cooks decide what is a vegetable.

The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that tomatoes are vegetables.

>Bell peppers, and any other type of pepper
lies

No, they're not. A tomato is a pod of nutrition and seeds that is grown for the purpose of reproduction and is disconnected from the main body of the plant when it is ripe. It is a fruit.

No. A vegetable is an edible plant. And by edible plant, I mean that the body of the plant is the part which is good for us to eat. A carrot is a vegetable because the carrot is the body of the plant, from which the roots grow out and the leaves grow up.

When you're preparing a bell pepper to be cooked, what is it that you remove from the bell pepper because you don't want to eat it?

The answer is seeds, because it's a fruit.

>United States
Yes and they did that for the most ridiculous tax reasons. Sasuga murica.

The Supreme Court has been a corrupt institution ever since 1803 when it granted itself a power that was not described in the constitution. I have no respect for what it says.

I won't believe some hard-ass country who refuse to use the metric system.

Is this the next gainax show?

>dem legs

What idiot thought an avocado was a vegetable?

That is a rather imprecise definition of a vegetable. It includes anything from flowers to leaves, bulbs, tubers, roots, etc. It's also not really an equivalent definition to that of fruit; you've defined fruit by its function and vegetables as "every part of any plant that's not a fruit," basically.

Is this Hanagai?

Roots, leaves, etc. are not the carrot. We're talking about the body of the plant here, not everything that grows off it.

So is an artichoke not a vegetable because the part we eat is the flower of the artichoke and not the part that the flower grows out of? Do you have a more precise botanical definition of the "body" of the plant? For non-tubers, does this mean that only the stem counts asa vegetable? After all, the roots grow under it and the leaves from it.

My point is basically this: everyone who gets hoity-toity pointing out that a tomato is a fruit and not a vegetable is not just being pedantic, they are being wrong. They have to think thag vegetable is a botanic term that does not include fruits, which tends to either group togethers totally dissimilar plant structures (roots with flowers, leaves with tubers, etc.) Or be so specific that it would be better described by the actual botanical term.

One might use the term vegetable in such a way that describes all plant matter e.g. "vegetation", which in fact would include fruits. Or one might accept that when people are talking about vegetables as food, they are using an imprecise, accultured, culinary term that includes some fruits but not others based on their use in cooking and eating.

How's that saying go? "It takes intelligence to know a tomato is a fruit, and wisdom not to put it in fruit salad."

Good post

Tomatos are absolutely vegetables, no matter how hard you try to deny

>mfw I learned that watermelons are actually vegetables.

Mind=Blown

No, they're fruits.

Watermelons are fruits stupid

Because tomatoes are vegetables you memeing fuck.

I-I just don't know anymore.

Can't we just call all of them soil food and move on?

Erio is the best girl anime has given us in a decade. You're just upset you don't have someone like her in your life.

If I wanted an autistic, slutty retard to talk to I could just come here. Maekawa is down to Earth and perfect.

All girls best girls, faggot.

Except meme girl.

Reminder that you're a massive flaming faggot.

The EU has ruled that carrots are fruits.

When it comes to culinary all fruits are considered vegetables. So refering to a tomato in the kitchen as a vegetable isn't wrong.

When it comes to botany on the other hand tomatoes and bell peppers are fruit, beans and peanuts are legumes, bananas are berries and strawberries are just a prolonged stem.

you know what you and tomatoes have in common?

you're both fruits

technically almost all vegetables are fruits, since the thing which happens after a flower or a plant buds is also called a fruit

ESL, b-be gentle

Nope! Culinary non sweet fruits are often considered vegetables, but things like apples or oranges are not.
The culinary definitions are retarded anyway, so you should refrain from using them.

Not that guy but vegetable isn't a biological term. It's a cooking term.

Imagine being in a situation in which you would eat an apple, which is definately a fruit. You could switch the apple for a banana or kiwi, say, and it would still make sense.
You could definately not switch it for a tomatoe, the situation would be weird as well. Girls would probably be laughing at you and all that.

This means tomatoes are vegetables.

Enter thread to confirm taste, best taste confirmed.

Carry on.

That's why is said you shouldn't use the term; just call stuff what they actually are.
The real terms are broad enough as it is, so why include one super term that's basically based on the gut feeling of uneducated people in the past.

>>thinks tomatoes are fruits
>>goes to grocery store and finds them in the vegetable shelves
How does it feel to have a shit opinion? Also, if tomatoes are fruits, so are cucumbers, all forms of peppers and chilies, and squash.

Fuck you, Pluto can be a planet if it wants to be.

Only because the Portuguese make marmalade with them, and the Jams and Preserves directive requires such thing be made with fruit only (i.e. no extending it with pasrnips and swedes). This is of course necessary to stop the panzers rolling through the Ardennes once again.

Do you call ketchup a juice? Thought so.

you can make tomoato juice

>culinary

THIS.

Read this many times, you fucking fools.

There is truly no bigger autist than that one guy who always calls tomato a fruit to be an edgy contrarian.

Technically it's a berry.

And all berries are fruits

Yes and all fruits are ovaries

There are tomatoes on my pizza.
Pizza is a vegetable
Therefore tomatoes are vegetables.

I think you need to cut groins from your diet.

What's pizza officially considered as anyway? Bread?

>culinary terms are retarded because they upset my autism

This is actually a real symptom of autism, being bothered by the categorization of something to the point where you can't accept anything other than what you believe is best

And your way is fucking retarder, it is strictly better to use the word 'vegetable' as we do now, then your pointlessly pedantic categorization

>just call stuff what they actually are
>implying there's some ground truth
Nobody is going to call a banana a berry in casual conversation you autist.

In The states, due to special interest groups fucking with nutrition legislation to produce more profit for their companies, pizza is a vegetable when it comes to lunches in primary education

Correct. There is no such thing as a botanical vegetable. It's a culinary term, like calimari or sweetbreads. See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culinary_name

>order sweet breads as a child expecting sweet bread

>pizza is a vegetable when it comes to lunches in primary education
yes i totally can't see why america would have an obesity problem

Also, for anyone who's wondering what calamari is, pic related.

>This is actually a real symptom of autism, being bothered by the categorization of something to the point where you can't accept anything other than what you believe is best
It's also a "sympton" of being a taxonomist. You know, the people paid to be "pointlessly pedantic".

You're an example of why the lowest common denominator shouldn't be allowed access to an Internet connection.

I bet you're real fun at parties champ.

if people talk about tomatoes at your parties i suggest going to more lively parties

Fruits, and seeds can be vegetables just like leaves and roots. Any part of a plant can be a vegetable.

Though it's taxonomically a fruit, in every culinary aspects, the tasty tomato is regarded as a vegetable.

Why not?