Sup Forums Space Program. MOD ABUSE EDITION!

We don't need anything fancy. We don't need awesome sensors and crazy measurement devices.
All we really need Is a modded cellphone with a decent battery life and a means of sending data back. Although a simple balancing mechanism, would make for a better video.

Our goal is simply:
To see if we can
To see if we can get away with it.
Cause as much havoc in the process.
simple

We have many sources on Sup Forums that we can pool from:
/sci/ - could handle the logistics for us
/k/ - could help us with a fuel source, and rocket design.
/biz/ - can help us pick affordable and easily acquirable chemicals for our fuel
Sup Forums - could work on the phones firmware
while Sup Forums, /x/, & Sup Forums Popularize our plans by repeatedly spamming it on Sup Forums.

Why the fuck not? There is a good chance they will shut down the threads before we even get to fire the rocket. But by that time we'll have already caused enough havoc to laugh at the headlines.
But who knows, what if we do get away with it?
Why the fuck shouldn't we attempt this clearly insane idea?

Share any thoughts or ideas.
Yes, I am aware this insane lul. However, it is not so insane to say we can't do it.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20170414033619/https://www.nasa.gov/centers/ames/engineering/projects/phonesat.html
sciencealert.com/this-tiny-satellite-could-be-your-own-personal-spacecraft-from-just-1-000
aerogel.org/?cat=10
youtu.be/f4CGwSqrGq8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_Weapon_System
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

[This update albeit rushed, I just wanted to give us some kind starting point. While I continue to look through the original thread and research on my own. Feel free to use this, or change the formatting anyway you see fit]

The Starting point:
>Step 1. For right now our first goal should be creating a more secure webpage for sharing ideas and discussing things which are borderline illegal. If not out right illegal.
>Darkweb would be a good platform for this.

Some of things we'll need but not limited to:
>1. A safe platform to work on and communicate with each other.
>2. A method of labeling anonymous people as (newfriend, trusted, mathematician, physicist, chemist, metal worker, supplier, ect.)
>3. An open chat, a trusted chat, and team chats. This is for when we later are more structured and have groups of people working on specific aspects of the project.
>Chan boards aren't out of the question if that's what everyone wants.
>4. A way of saving our work/documents while restricting access based on aforementioned labels.

Note: If there is any security conscious people, people with a deep understanding of anonymity, or deep-webdesign. Your input is much needed on this step. We need to make sure the safety of everyone involved is at our upmost priority.

[Lastly, please avoid doing anything that could compromise your identity while we get this site up.]

Looking ahead: As we venture forward and plan our first step beyond the reaches of our stratosphere. Lets not look so far that we loose sight of the complications along the way. Lets instead take some time to looks at future problems and let them sink in while we assess the current one.

Cost and the acquisition of funds:
I think it is a pretty fair assumption that we want the majority of this money to come from other people and not our personal banks. I'm not above donating money to the project, however it would be better to take a different approach.
Crowd funding is one way and we can take many stances on that. Starting faux or funny crowd funds in addition legitimate ones. (of course we'll disguise that we're in anyway shape or form affiliated with Sup Forums.
There arises another problem.
How can we can create a trust that isn't immediately going to devolve into a scam to steal our money?

Any ideas, share them. scams welcomed.

Something fun to think about along the way:
What is it we ultimately want?
The topic of micro-sats was brought up. While I agree this is the most affordable approach it is lack luster. I am not against the idea nor am I against sending up a cell phone or a digital camera.
I think it is important to talk about what we really want our satellite to be capable of. Then look at how we can implement that in a practical sense.

Do we want Micro-sat? Do we want cheap? Or do we want we want something of our own design?
If so, what would be it's purpose? i.e. Spying on people with an added feature of focusing 3 1w lasers at a target?
Any ideas, share them. Nothing is to crazy.

Honorable Mentions:

From FXMDCbLO From oifF6zP+ From KBVxJpKC Links:
web.archive.org/web/20170414033619/https://www.nasa.gov/centers/ames/engineering/projects/phonesat.html
sciencealert.com/this-tiny-satellite-could-be-your-own-personal-spacecraft-from-just-1-000

[Please note: I did rush through this update.
Lastly, please avoid doing anything that could compromise your own identity while we get this site up.]

pls name the rocket SS Fuck Off We're Full

eh why not

We have many resources on Sup Forums that we can pool from.
Like-minded people who can help us do the impossible. We have the numbers, we have the intelligence, we have the combined knowledge to make this happen. We will obtain the impossible or send the media into a panic trying!
These powerful words! Words that will guide our political views into the stars.

We must resist the Abusive Mods of Sup Forums and fight for what we know is True.

Man did not simply dream of out space, he reached out and mad it his.

rip thread, rip idea

bump

cool idea

Is Wernher von Braun, dare I ask, /ourguy/?

This 9s fucking amazing. This can happen. And it will happen. Me and a friend of mine have to work on a project for school so I might get him and some of my buddies to help.
This will he not only a great achievement to Sup Forums, but also proving that at this day and age, private citizens can do shit perceived to be only capable of being done by governments.

Also, a phone will very likely not work, you'll probably need something better

I don't get why to send a device to send data back from space. What is the purpose?

>BTFOing antifa and libshits, memez and because why not

Just use discord. People aren't going to boot up tor and go to strange websites.

The media would loose their shit if we launched missiles of any kind.

You need spaceX levels of capital. Inb4 le tiny rocket meme. You can't miniaturize that shit.

Use balloons then launch it from so high up nobody notices.

Reminder that if pol wants to go ahead with this, don't use (((rocket))) meme designs. Space is a fluid that reacts to electro magnetic pulses. You don't need thrusters, you need a capsule with rods going in all directions with power going through them. It's the only way, don't believe (((their))) lies.

there is a discord
discord gg DqE4X6G

Can I go with it too? I want to become a moon man.

Bump

>memez and because why not ruin LaBeuff's "art"
>memez and because why not coordinate bombing terrorist in syria
>memez and because why not change the political order in the world by shitposting on a tibetian basketweaver message board
>memez and because why not just having fun on the internet

What if we try to get money from flat-earthers to prove or disprove their theory?

Bump for moonman

sounds interesting.
Getting them to state, what kind of camera lens we should use?

Not fish eye lens, since these retarded flat-earthers always deny other people's photos of earth because of fisheye lens

As a /fit/izen its only right that I get to be top astronaut.

pic related

Yes, i too plead for this

If we can get at least one HAM operator onboard with the project we can get an amateur radio frequency, and rig a tubesat to broadcast a series of redpills on loop until it deorbits.

Use a second hand weather balloon with a rocket strapped to the side. Once it hits it's maximum altitude set the rocket off and make sure it transmits data straight away because you're not getting the fucker back.

Could it be possible to make an aerogel balloon? You can waterproof it. The reason I suggest this is because aerogel can withstand the pressure of a truck. Thus it will stay in our atmosphere longer.

Can you tell the eternal Jews to give us some shekels?
(And a toilet for me)

Sorry , Pakistanis cannot become Moonman.

How are the whales on Jupiter, Pajeet?

OP C++ and Python programmer here, monitoring this thread with interest, keep us updated

>OP C++ and Python programmer here, monitoring this thread with interest, keep us updated

know anything about microcontrollers?

Bump. I will be monitoring this topic.

Show bobs pajeet

Done a lot of work with atmel microcontrollers, Atmega 32u8 and especially the 328p and some other microcontrollers for driving io ports serial and lcd's

>Done a lot of work with atmel microcontrollers, Atmega 32u8 and especially the 328p and some other microcontrollers for driving io ports serial and lcd's

Gonna need a control system for various devices (step motors, flywheel motors, sensors, radio transmitter, etc)

sure hit me up, ill make a few pcbs if needed, have we figured out any way of communcation between members?

there's a discord some user posted in anouther thread, I think...

Sup Forums is how we communicate

You know I think this would be a lot more do-able.
If you can water proof aerogel. I see no reason why you can't use it to hold helium or hydrogen.

aerogel.org/?cat=10
Teach you how to make high-quality monolithic aerogel, from building your our own supercritical drying apparatus, to mixing up the wet ingredients, to actually performing the supercritical drying operation.

We would then only need to water proof it after filling it's body with hydrogen.

Aerogel is already lighter than air and it's durability gives us the added bonus of keeping it in the atmosphere longer.

We just need to account for the weight of solar paneling, camera, gps, and transmitter.
Create a simple apparatus for shifting directions.
An intelligent design to keep the majority of the weight shifted center downwards.
Then we'll effective created our own stratos survalience satellite.

You can even buy Aerogel blocks relatively cheap

sorry....

>Discord

>gg

>DqE4X6G

Discord ban

This it's actually a neat idea but I'm not sure we should spend money in an unrecoverable piece of tech.

Lanucn and recovery should be the goal.

>Lanucn and recovery should be the goal.

that makes it something like 100 times more expensive.

>Sup Forums space program

meh, I don't use discord.

pack it full of cameras and broadcast back our own comfy stream

The Apollo Spacecraft's computer was less powerful than a Calculator.

We could use a calculator to guide this thing, assuming it doesn't just go straight up, in which case it just needs fins at the back

SS Fuck Off Space Niggers We're Full

>fify

It remember me that video of the first African space rocket send to space:
youtu.be/f4CGwSqrGq8

Dr. Joseph P. Farrell has shown us the way.

can we please name the first space station "fuck off we're full" ?

helo betiful

acept franship?

giv pusy

rape yuo next week

If we're disproving flat earth, then we need a normal lens, And it needs to go very high, to get the curvature in shot. potentially higher than the International Space Station

or "stavros gyros temple" ?

we'd need someone skilled with digital software

Before we start this BS we need a cool logo

a super miniaturized air screw with a galaxy s III core

terran empire with the black sun?

bump

;-)

why ? we could earn this mission patch for real my jigga

the logo needs more symbolism

ideas for solid rocket fuel:

potassium nitrate/sugar + 10% magnesium powder added

nitrated sugar (sucrose octanitrate) and ammonium nitrate

sodium perchlorate, aluminium powder + epoxy resin

we get sam hydes cum, launch it to the moon, it explodes on the moon causing sam hydes cum to cover a small surface area of the moon, moon is now contaminated with sam hyde, sam hyde bacteria emerges from cum, spreads, hundreds of millions of years go by and species of sam hyde moon life have have evolved to not breath and eat space rock to survive, space moon sam hyde aliens become so advanced they take over earth easily because we nuked ourselves already and only jews and niggers survived it, moon sam hyde aliens purify the earth and its now 100% white, checkmate.

this right here

your seriously making a rocket with solid fuel

Can a modified drone get the job done?

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPF

good question

fuck it, let's go for a wood-fueled spaceship

a modified drone could get us high enough up that we don't need as much fuel on the way up

your crazy, a drone or anything that uses air to propell wont work as the higher you get the less air until you reach the point where there is not enough air to propell you up but can sustain your position and you are going to be stuck in place

SS 55, Kek wills it.
Can we make the SS look like the German SS?

Why don't we just crowdfund for a couple and ask the indians to make us a rocket? Didn't they send one up for like 60m$?

Why not just a simple helium ballon and a camera+radio to send pics/video and geolocalisation tracker device ?
Big helium ballon is super simple.

How would we even get together to pull this off? we live hundreds and thousands of kilometers away from eachother. We would need to spend weeks in a workshop or a garage to even make a prototype

Also 200 times more space programmy.

you would prefer using 90% hydrogen peroxide?

dude the pidgin nogs in africa are about to send up a satelite..I wonder if we could attach something to it. tHAT WOULD BE THE ULTIMATE TROLL

I wonder if we got the money to use hydrazine

well i think Kek gave u an answer with the digits

Reminder that if you try to send a rocket to the Moon without International authorization, it will be shot down.

Hydrogen balloon is even better, it's cheap, home-made and they go higher than helium.

Either use pic related or generate it by electrolysis (use an old PC power supply they can pull many amps at 12V DC)

and how exactly?

if its small enough and you dont tell people your doing it how do they know?

haha. yeah

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_Weapon_System

You'd be surprised how little energy is required to break a rocket's key components apart.

>Also 200 times more space programmy.

Re-entry turbulence is a bitch.

mufuggen air compression heating effects, n shit.

But you need anhydrous hydrazine no?

That shit is extremely toxic. I can get hydrazine salts, but making a fuckload anhydrous hydrazine from that outside a lab setting is a bit too crazy.

>biz can do anything other than literally lose everything they own on inflated buttcoin trading
top jej

looks cool... maybe as a recruiting poster :)

Interesting. I definitely think a ballon is the way to go desu, it gets the job done with little ressources and no complexity.

If we could use a government run space program that'd be even better but I don't see how with little money.

>60 million

This thing should be at most a couple grand

We need only to prove that space is acessible to anyone, but it would be nice to prove that that it's also affordable, and cheaper than the billions NASA and other space agencies cost.

it's pretty volatile and dangerous, I highly doubt we can get any reasonable quantities

like fuck are we going to the moon(tm)