What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_MF01000027010000_68/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Many things. The art was very cute though. I love how soft the artist draws girls.

And, as has already been discussed to death, it was a rushed ending that left a lot to be desired. Oh well, at least she stayed a girl in the end. Those are always the best ends.

Should this just be a gender bender manga and anime thread?

The ending was rushed and there was no denouement. And the male lead was handled poorly. Oguri at times he felt like a gag side-character rather than the main love interest. The story should have explored Oguri's feelings since I felt his declaration of love came out of nowhere, but I guess it didn't because whether Oguri reciprocated Chinami's feelings was deliberately left a mystery. And the way that Oguri appeared to persistently misunderstand Chinami's feelings was a stalling tactic that was presented as a joke despite not being funny.

I'd say it was alright overall.

By the way, there is a new manga with a genderbent protagonist that's starting next month called Variable Heart.

Is this a continuation of Remix Heart? I'd like some more Mai, particularly if it revolves around christmas keiki Mai.

Takes place post ikaruga civil war so it's Mai as an adult.

he turned gay

Yeah, that manga is a sequel to Remix Heart. It takes place after Mai's graduation, so she's around 19 years old in it rather than being a Christmas cake.

Apparently they decided to change the outfit they gave her in that preview and also switched her sword and dagger with a spear.

Playable appearance incoming? I see no other reason for the weapon change.

Is it by the same artist? The pictures linked seem to have a different style. It'd be a bit of a shame if that's the case, since I liked Remix Heart's style a lot, but more Mai is worth it either way.

Yeah, the new series' art is by Sumeragi as well. This example shows that Remix Heart's art is by the same artist.

The above image ( ) is by Mori, who's the writer of the new series and who oversaw the old one.

Oh, that's good news. Hopefully someone picks it up next month. It's been too long that we've gone without new Mai.

A poster on Dustloop has said that he'll be uploading the raws and the scanlator of Remix Heart said that she's interested in scanlating this series as well.

So Mai actually will be playable in the games. Well I guess it was to be expected we got Celica (Phase Shift), Naoto(Bloodedge experience) and Es (Xblaze) so it's only natural that Mai (Heart series) would follow.

Still, I wonder if there's a blazblue fan out there in Japan who actually owns all of these spin offs. I mean,5 phase shift light novels, 2 bloodedge experience light novels, 4 volumes of the remix heart manga, 2 visual novels of xblaze and possibly another 4 volumes of variable heart. Then there's 2 volumes of the Blazblue official manga, 6 volumes of Blazblue Alter Memory blue rays that came with things like pic related for Noel and Ragna and 6 video games.

Why is she wearing slutwear now?

Technically Mai hasn't been confirmed, but the fact we are getting another manga series starring her does strongly suggest that she will be included in the next game.

I don't see why a fan couldn't own all of those. LNs and manga are rather cheap after all.

Girls in the Blazblue franchise tend to wear revealing outfits. Here's another example of such an outfit.

How is Mai going to be playable when the next game deals mainly with Ragna and pic related? Mai has no relationship with either of them.

>Girls in the Blazblue franchise tend to wear revealing outfits.
I know, I played it. That's still quite the change for Mai.

Same reason Bullet is in the game
being relevant to the story doesn't mean shit when they can pad the roster

Why do you say that? Mai is a very good friend of Noel and she has met Ragna and they were friendly to each other. If Makoto can be in the game there's no reason for Mai not to be in.

Yeah. It is quite the change compared to how Mai dressed as a man. Just assume that the 22nd century dress codes are different and women are expected to reveal most of their bodies, sort of like those African tribes where all the women are topless.

That's his personality though, if he weren't always joking, he wouldn't be him. Let's not forget he has his moments.

His whole "I'll always be with you (as your manager)" shtick got really old really fast and made him seem to be either a moron who couldn't pick on Chinami being blatantly in love with him, or an asshole who likes to torture her by telling a girl that's obviously in love with him that she's friendzoned even when he actually likes her.

The whole thing was an awkward method to stretch the manga out by preventing the romance from progressing. Considering that the manga got axed and really could have used a more fleshed out ending, that was a mistake in every respect. That mangaka is a very good illustrator but a poor author. The fact he now works solely as an illustrator was the right choice for him I think.

Why are most MTF gender bender mangas usually shoujo artstyle and not moe artstyle?

Because then it's a yaoi manga but not really because one of them is a girl

I bet you were jumping up and down when you heard the news.

Not really. Even if you exclude series where the MC can switch forms which are almost entirely shonen (with some exceptions such as Ame Nochi Hare), the majority of manga with a permanent MtF transformation are shonen.

Shonen-style: Asuka Hybrid, Boku Girl, Boy Meets Girl Girl Meets Boy, Conveni-N, Idol Pretender, Kashimashi, Megu Milk, Nozomu Nozomi, Panikuru Iko-san, Remix Heart, Sekainohate de Aimashou.

Shoujo-style: Artificial Maiden, Kanojo ni Naru Hi Another, Tsukiyo no Fromage.

Even if he wasn't /blaz/ and the two Sup Forums threads were certainly talking about him, and we know it was him in those threads even if he dropped his name.

You do know that a lot of MtF works are done by fujoshi circles that like to turn characters like Kakyoin from Jojo into girls, right?

I was of course extremely pleased, but I did not react in that way.

I just have a fetish for being turned into a girl and learning all about how one's new female body works. Not that I'm trans or gay, it's just my fetish. I don't know all that stuff.

It had a weak ending, but beyond that it was fine. Better than Boku Girl.

Boy, just wait til he learns about periods. Sounds like a fun weekend.

Penis likes what penis likes. Can't really help that.

From the text it seems she already does.

Yeah, I too found Boku Girl disappointing. The author stretched it out way too much by cramming in a ton of filler, mostly by introducing unimportant side-characters that fell in love with and tried to ineffectually compete for Mizuki. The lack of progression also made Mizuki seem really indecisive and also the way Mizuki and Takeru could always go back to being just friends as if nothing happened after almost fucking every few chapters really tried my suspension of disbelief. Also I disliked the fact that Mizuki acted a moron; she couldn't even figure out how to use a toilet as a girl. I also would have preferred it if Mizuki had lived as a girl instead of a girl disguised as a boy.

Mai had already been a girl for around a month by that point, so it wouldn't surprise me if she had experienced that.

Wait, I thought that Mai's weapon of choice was a sword?

The spear represents her dick

Sometimes a spear is just a spear, Freud.

This better have Ragna in this
>mai may actually become playable
I'll laugh for a week straight if it happens

Mai did originally use a sword and dagger. They probably decided to switch her weapon to a spear in order to give Mai a more unique fighting style since there are already a number of sword users in her franchise.

This could be justified in-universe by saying that Mai had trained with a wide variety of weapons and that she used swords because that's what was available to her.

Mai switching to a spear from a sword would actually make sense because a spear would allow her to compensate for her reduced reach and strength after her transformation to a woman. Women, such as the wives of samurai, have historically used weapons with greater reach in order to compensate for their shorter height and lower upper body strength when compared to men.

This thread sucks, is this a gender bender thread or a Blazblue one? It can't be both

Why not?

bump

Any new gender bending comics or shows this season? I feel like there is very little as of late.

Have you been following Unbalance School Life? It started recently.

I'm a Fujoshi and He's a Yuri Otaku.

comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_MF01000027010000_68/

I don't think anyone is translating it though.

A fujoshi and a yuri Otaku switch bodies, and there's a girl who was in love with the fujoshi, but suddenly he doesn't seem like such a yuri fan when he's forced to take the role of one of the girls.

Does he start liking dudes?

So far (4th chapter) there doesn't seem to be any possible male love interest - but they do seem to be focusing on getting rid of a female love interest, so who knows where it'll go afterwards.

I personally loathe body swap works.

Eh? The main issue with bodyswap is that it's the most likely type of gender bending story for an ending where everything is reset, making the story feel pointless, but that's an issue with the ending, not bodyswap itself.

I feel the same way. Bodyswapping makes it harder for the character to identify with and accept their new body since they feel it belongs to someone else. Also this will probably keep the character from acting as freely as they would if they felt the body was theirs.

live