So is it confirmed that these navy accidents were the result of foreign cyber warfare...

So is it confirmed that these navy accidents were the result of foreign cyber warfare, or is it just another symptom of peacetime Navy discipline being lax?

Other urls found in this thread:

stripes.com/news/pacific/navy-probe-blames-captain-s-judgment-in-uss-antietam-grounding-1.480879
investors.com/politics/editorials/197-military-officers-purged-by-obama/
washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/12/gordon-transforming-the-us-military/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramming#Naval_warfare
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ship collisions didn't occur before the digital age, so it has to be the cyber warfare.

Neither.
The lighthouses have gone rogue and the governments of the world are covering it up.

Sure, but there's some shit going on with a couple of these collisions that doesn't seem like the night watchman being drunk or something.

Peacetime? We've been at war my entire adult life

probably some deck seaman being overworked and not paying attention on watch because he's treated like shit and gotten 3 hours of sleep over the past week

That's deliberate.

Only question is why?

It's Mattis's fault. Trump's generals can't run shit.

This.

OOW has the con, deck seaman just steers the helm on his command. These collisions we're all most likely the fault of officers.

Certain _____ is trying to get America dragged into a war in Asia in oder to divert America's attention from the real problem back at home. Who would profit from this?

I'll let you fill in the blanks.

Too many vidya devices on board and satellite wide band connection to D.C. don't allow you to focus on actually sailing.

Either the cyber or ship captain Deshawn Diversity and first mate Lakeesha Lopez.

Probably wanted to get some upgrades in them and look like the entire fleet is shit. Did pol ever look in to the sailors?

(((sure thing)))

obvious hack. You don't suspend all pacific fleet operations because of a sleepy deck hand.

The collision occurred where the initial straight track deviates sharply to the right. The autopilot is turning to clear the bow from whatever has suddenly slowed the ship. Once the obstruction is cleared, the autopilot resumes course. Klaxons are probably going haywire all over the ship at this point. Some drunken Filipino groggily staggers onto the bridge, reads the track and realizes they hit something, so he cancels the autopilot and turns to port, apparently expecting to find it closer inshore. He does, they render aid, everyone involved is embarrassed.

>t. Japanese news sources

(((People)))

Incidentally, the commander of the Seventh Fleet was relieved of duty in response to the collisions involving the Fitzgerald and the McCain, both of which were Seventh Fleet assets.

Or that

I blame Amazon

>The collision occurred where the initial straight track deviates sharply to the right. The autopilot is turning to clear the bow from whatever has suddenly slowed the ship. Once the obstruction is cleared, the autopilot resumes course. Klaxons are probably going haywire all over the ship at this point. Some drunken Filipino groggily staggers onto the bridge, reads the track and realizes they hit something, so he cancels the autopilot and turns to port, apparently expecting to find it closer inshore. He does, they render aid, everyone involved is embarrassed.
I think this sounds pretty reasonable to me, and it's what I remember reading at the time.

but there's still no good explanation as to why they didn't detect the ship on radar, or even with a lookout... or maybe they did and propulsion was fucked? no capability to turn?

who knows

It's the result of the Commander-in-Chief being a fucking retard.

>It's the result of the Commander-in-Chief being a fucking retard.
so two separate US Navy destroyers colliding with giant merchant ships is the fault of Donald Trump?

I figured it was probably the fault of the crew of both ships, or an electronic-warfare attack... silly me.

Us navy run lots of ships doing many miles SOME are bound to have accidents.

>peacetime Navy discipline being lax
literally this

the watch wasn't watching.

You just have shit seamanship

The removal of the Fleet's admiral logically implies that the accidents were avoidable by him, which further implies policy changes that he should have made or enforced. Apparently the 7th Fleet also had a grounding incident in Tokyo Bay and a collision with a Korean fishing vessel in the past year.

USS Fitzgerald collision
>0130
USS McCain collision
>0524
Both of these incidents might well be explained by younger night watch crews simply shirking their duties.
USS Antietam grounding
>drug anchor during high winds
The Navy concluded the captain was to blame for this incident. He was apparently pissed that they left port late and this led to communication problems between the bridge and the crew retrieving the dragging anchor.
USS Lake Champlain collision
>Korean fishing vessel ignored radio calls and warning horns
This looks like a legitimate minor incident. The Koreans should have yielded and didn't, despite warnings. The Ticonderoga-class cruiser is over 500 feet long; probably the crew didn't believe any fisherman was dumb enough to ram into a perfectly obvious warship.

The United States is interested in (belatedly) maintaining or strengthening regional influence throughout the Pacific. Incidents like these do not reassure allies who might otherwise be enticed by Chinese promises. I suppose this could also be a reason for removing Aucoin from his command.

wouldn't you know that you're dragging the anchor? like a red light on the dashboard when you don't have your seatbelt on?

Leaf navy.....

Theres been 4 incidents in 7th fleet. Its pretty well known that they are overworked. Its a high-intensity environment. At least in aviaiton we get mandatory 12 hours of crew rest.
>have a flight at 8pm
>cant have anything scheduled before 8am the next day

Honestly I'm not surprised these collisions happened. Its what happens when people are overworked day after day, for either weeks or months on end.

>Republican national security

The admirals and commanders of these fleets are all Obongo era hires. kill yourself leaf

This is the best report I came across on a casual search.
>stripes.com/news/pacific/navy-probe-blames-captain-s-judgment-in-uss-antietam-grounding-1.480879

They knew and should have fired up the engines to hold the ship on station while the anchor was retrieved. However, the captain wanted to wait until the anchor was aboard before lighting the fires because he was afraid it would whack the underwater sonar dome ($$) if the ship were under power while it was being towed in. The crew didn't argue because he had lit into them earlier for the delay in departure. He waited, fired up the engines, 90 seconds later the custom swiveling propellers hit mud ($$$). The XO basically took over at that point and kept the ship off a seawall.

These have all been lax incidents. The result of a nigger in Chief promoting people to high ranks based on how they feel, faggots, and trannys.

That happened a few months in after 8 longer Clinton years. Fuck off leaf

BUSH DINDU NUFFIN

Obama purged a ton of professional officers during his 8 years of office and promoted inferior and subpar candidates because they agreed with his SJW PC LGBTQIAZ+T+==-& policies.

Hence the shit.
Obama's Military Coup Purges 197 Officers In Five Years
>investors.com/politics/editorials/197-military-officers-purged-by-obama/
It seems that every week since President Obama took office in 2009, we’ve been hearing that another top leader has been summarily fired, despite his decades of loyal service and valuable experience in protecting the nation. Statistically speaking, it’s actually closer to one every 8.8 days, a staggering 200 military brass shown the door in less than five years.
>washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/12/gordon-transforming-the-us-military/
>Another senior retired general told TheBlaze on the condition of anonymity, because he still provide services to the government and fears possible retribution, that "they're using the opportunity of the shrinkage of the military to get rid of people that don't agree with them or do not toe the party line. Remember, as (former White House chief of staff) Rahm Emanuel said, never waste a crisis."

>XO basically took over at that point

hey boss, I'll uh take over from here, you should probably go take a break and get some coffee

Mossad is behind 9/11

Congress appoints admirals and generals, not the president.

>Ship collisions didn't occur before the digital age
They did, but it was often deliberate.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramming#Naval_warfare

Ram that ship baby.

Key word is 'retired', which is not a synonym for purged.

Alternatively, digitization made our Navy lazy.

You can literally see a ship on your collision course miles and miles before you hit it. Every time, they should have been able to course correct even if they had been hacked.

Interpreting rather liberally as the reporting isn't specific, the captain left the bridge to see to the anchor retrieval himself.
>Carrigan...removed himself and key watchstanders from the bridge while the crew struggled with the anchor
After the grounding, the XO got his tail out from between his legs and started doing his job.
>“The XO prevented the ship from running into breakwater by ordering the bridge team to execute a hard right rudder after I stated we had good water to both sides,” the ship navigator said. “This prevented [Antietam] from hitting the seawall and greater damage to the ship.”

Right? I imagine these things like slow motion fuckups that involve ten minutes of a guy casually ignoring a boat getting bigger and bigger in the window behind him.

max asshole pucker effect. wonder if the captain immediately thought/said outloud "well, guess I'll be retiring sooner than later"

It does lead one to wonder just how much truth can be extracted from any one of these four incidents, given that each of them means the end of the career of those deemed responsible. Everyone even tangentially involved immediately realizes this; it's not unreasonable to imagine, hypothetically, that the bridge crew of the Antietam colluded on a story that would reflect the least amount of responsibility on their roles and a maximum on the captain, who was not on the bridge at the time.

I saw video which made pretty good argument that they're deliberate rammings. Probably by Muslim ships.

There's nothing that indicates ramming about that cargo ship's track. However, even assuming for the sake of argument that cargo ships were commandeered with the express purpose of sinking opposing warships, the warship's crew is responsible for setting the example for all other crewed vessels afloat in avoiding manned and unmanned obstacles alike.

Given the performance of the night watches of the Fitzgerald and McCain, automated shipping will prove to be too much for the next generation of naval officers to avoid.

Or intentional crashes.

the USA is currently not at war with anyone.