Space Patrol Luluco

>8 minutes long
>best animu since Inferno Cop

is kyoani even trying

Could have been 22 minutes if they didn't make the baffling decision to give Okada an anime

Who is this kyoani you can't stop talking about, guys?

>is kyoani even trying
Implying they have ever tried, producing sub standard shit isnt exactly hard.

shorter is better, memes are more densely packed

What does this face imply?

>luluco is masterpiece
Nice meme newfag, stop forcing it though, it's starting to be annoying.
It's a fun show but it has no substance and no message. Nothing of value would be lost If you don't watch it.

mom is gonna freak

bibrator in bussy

Desire for normality.

>Nice meme newfag, stop forcing it though, it's starting to be annoying.
1 thread a week isnt forcing, fuck off and stop trying to fit in.

>no substance and no message

It's a cartoon, dude.

There's a lot of implications in this post.

>It's a fun show but it has no substance and no message
Luluco is the story of a girl’s adolescence — one of the most direct portrayals of such since FLCL‘s third episode and Eri Ninamori’s Marquis de Carabas. That whole changing into a gun in the middle of class? Yeah, that stands for something super embarrassing that could possibly happen to your body which is now changing without your permission and oh god help this sucks. All Luluco wanted was to blend in, which is impossible when you’re a part of the Space Patrol, or your body isn’t your own, or you’re a teenage girl.

Of course the hot boy transfer student’s transformation is cooler, and he has control over it, because everything he does in Luluco’s mind is perfect. Of course he instinctively inspires her to fire her own Space Patrol gun because hot boys inspire your body to do all sorts of things that you don’t understand but generally feel good for reasons. Quick, bright, and colorful — Luluco nails its premise in a way that’s fun to watch and never overstays its welcome.

I hate you fags and your COMING OF AGE XDD meme. Not all anime is about preteen puberty and sexual relationships. She just wants to turn her dad back to normal and get her mom to stop being mean

This one obviously is, or was.

Could you be any more from tumblr?

the newest cringe maymay

is this a copy pasta from the tumblr KLK shit?

I really don't the studio had this in mind

So close. These Trigger shorts are pisstakes on people who say stuff like that in earnest.

Trigger wants to be KyoAni you doublenigger. Next time you want one of those ebin Sup Forums style war threads start with Shaft or something.

it's the same thing as KLK I think
trigger made a flashy anime with self-awareness and fanservice and tumblr said the exact same thing about how it was about "a young girl's journey through puberty and being sexualized by the patriarchy"

it's really weird how western fans, especially MAL and Tumblr fans have to explain and over-analyze the show and find some deep meaning to be able to enjoy it

Why does Tumblr like certain Trigger shows so much, anyway?

trigger likes to put fake "deep" shit in their shows and usually has some kind of self-parody
they read this as being actually deep or a parody of an entire genre

Because they tend to pander the most to the west/casuals.

Does anyone really like this trash?

I know that you are just pretending, but I can't understand why some people can't simply enjoy shows as they are without trying to make them relatable to some random ideal or society aspect.

Is there any doujins yet?

Why is Sup Forums so opposed to the idea that shows can have deeper meaning? You can still enjoy them on a surface level too.

It's a chronic illness. A bit of a diversion: in the '60s and '70s, schoolteachers and critics started to give this treatment to popular music, with Bob Dylan and the Beatles being favorite sources to dig for deep meanings. "I Am the Walrus" was specifically aimed at messing with these people.

Because they try to be deep too many times and usually end up failing

they can but making up bullshit that isn't there is annoying and we like what we like
we don't need to have a reason to like something
a show doesn't have to have political or social meaning for it to be good because fun things are fun

when you make up fake "deep" bullshit about a show to justify liking it you are just as annoying as the anons who watch the cowboy bebop, eva, and tatami galaxy dubs and think they have the answer to what "good" anime is

I bet you illiterate niggers don't even recognise To Love Ru as bildungsroman.

Tatami Galaxy got a dub?

So what, you just deny that shows have a deeper meaning because other shows have tried and failed to have a deeper meaning? How does that make any sense?

Just like you don't want people telling you how to like stuff, they don't want you telling them how to like stuff either.
More importantly, having a deeper meaning doesn't lessen the surface level enjoyable aspects of a work, in fact it can make those aspects even more enjoyable.
Also
>tatami galaxy dub
Doesn't even exist.

They don't even try. I bet that if you go talk to half of the authors of these supposed "deep" shows they would tell you that they hadn't anything particular in mind when making them.
By carefully cherrypicking some random points and ignoring others, people can make anything seems more meaningful than it actually is.

I always thought that song was weird and random as fuck compared to everything else. That makes sense.

I remember my english teacher making everyone explain the deep meanings behind an authors description of a red curtain once

you know what I mean
the people who pick the high profile entry-level shit that everyone else has seen and act like they just saw the meaning of life and anime

>it's deep because I made a tumblr post that overanalyzes every single aspect and makes shit up out of my ass
I think you should first check those repeating digits of mine and then kill yourself

That post isn't mine but there's literally nothing incorrect about it. It's a perfectly valid interpretation of the show, and even if it wasn't intended (I highly doubt that is the case), it would still be supported by the text itself.

based on what?
most of those things are pulled out of whoever wrote it's ass
there is no link between anything in this show and puberty
it's someone deciding on a "head cannon" which even the word makes me cringe and forcing it as the "right answer"

let's get this straight
it's a late-night 8 minute long anime full of memes and fanservice to get a quick buck
not some deep commentary on society
so take your shitty "headcannon" back to tumblr where the other 12 year old girls can tell you how deep you are for making shit up

It's fun and a great way to exercise your creativity.
Even if the author tells you their thoughts, they aren't aware of every single one of the stories and trends that influenced their own style. Especially in a work like a television show, where dozens of hands had a part, all kinds of similarities and unintended references to other things can be found- even if they aren't intentional.
Again, it's fun.

kill yourself faggot

>there is no link between anything in this show and puberty
>Gun barrel comes out of Luluco's vagina
>Explicit themes of a first romance
>Person living a normal life suddenly has to adapt to a new and highly confusing world thrust upon her
>Girl is in middle school, when many people go through puberty
The links are clear and obvious, you're just being stupid, whether that be by choice or circumstance.

There can be multiple answers to an open question. No one is telling you that you're wrong. It's called interpretation.

Also, it's spelled canon.

>all kinds of similarities and unintended references to other things can be found- even if they aren't intentional.
So what you're saying is you're seeing shit where there isn't any.

>So what you're saying is you're seeing shit where there isn't any.
No, he's seeing shit that the creators didn't even see. If you talk to any creator, serendipitous links that were never intended show up all the time.

see this user's answer
and his nice dubs

>the creators didn't see
then it didn't exist
you are trying to say that you know better about a work than the person who made it
holy shit how big is your ego that you think you're that important and smart?

So if I just threw shit on a museum wall and some random autistic modern art enthusiast interpreted it as "a critic to the utterly disgusting state of modern society", then this by itself would automatically make the composition as a whole deep?

Deep to them.

You do shit subconsciously all the time. Creators can do this to while creating things. Moreover, as communication, art can have a different meaning depending on who views it, and as long as you can justify an interpretation with the text there's no reason that interpretation is invalid.

>Explicit themes of a first romance
>Person living a normal life suddenly has to adapt to a new and highly confusing world thrust upon her
>Girl is in middle school, when many people go through puberty
These are all common themes found in fantasy/adventure settings.

That's the point, if that's the case then you can't declare that the work itself is deep.

Guess how many times fantasy settings are used to represent puberty or growing up?

>I know more about the work than someone who made it
I still can't believe you have an ego this fucking massive
>I-it's all there I swear! they just didn't know that they made something!
this is grasping at straws, like your shitty attempt to analyze the show
>it means what I want it to
wrong, it means what it means, you don't get to say that it's something it isn't and the only person who knows that is the creator

so shut your fucking mouth, go back to tumblr, and stop thinking you're better than the people who make the garbage pandering anime you gobble up

guess how many times anime with male MCs are harems
so are all anime with male MCs now harems?

None of your points have been anything but fallacies.

Not taking a side, but google "Death of the Author", it might give you a better idea of where the other guy's coming from.

>Re:Zero is obviously an anime about the story of Subaru becoming a man, when he is forced to get out of his NEET lifestyle to be thrown on the harsh adult word, which from his ingenuous and childish point of view looks like an fantasy world that he knows nothing about. The respawns represent his failures and subsequent comebacks, alluding to the venerated theme of never giving up.
There's even the romance with Emilia and everything!

fallacy fallacy
>just do my research for me while I samefag

I do not say or imply any of the stuff you're quoting. You're essentially just having a tantrum at this point.

He's not saying you're wrong because you're using fallacies, he's saying you're using fallacies and therefore your arguments are meaningless.

no, you're just backpedalling because you're trying to put words in the creator's mouth to push some agenda
kill yourself

Aren't you putting words in his mouth?

No, he's not.

Yes, he is. The stuff he quoted isn't even remotely similar to what I said. He's just repeating this arrogance crap.

You say that about any Trigger show, It's gotten boring now.

show me where trigger says this is a deep anime about puberty
I'll wait right here
you won't find it because you made it up

appeal to authority is not a fallacy sweetheart
if the creator says it's something you don't get to tell them they are not an expert on their own creation
you do not know the creation better than the creator PERIOD
so stop trying to invent some meaning to some show and accept that it isn't deep and it doesn't have to be deep for people to like it

Again, google "Death of the Author". It's not about putting words in the creators mouth, the art is interpreted as a seperate entity to the creator and their intentions about it's meanings are irrelevent.

I can't wait for season three.

No one in this thread has tried to correct the authors.

It is a fallacy to bring up the amount of shows people have seen.

The problem is that people don't go like "My interpretation of X is...", but "X is an anime about Y, and that's why it's a deep anime and should be acknowledged as such".

>appeal to authority is not a fallacy sweetheart
Except that it literally is. That's not even what you were doing though, you were just strawmanning me and misrepresenting my argument as me being arrogant when what I'm actually saying is that the creators word isn't the be all end all of a piece of art, particularly when that piece is made by a group, not by a single person.
It's clear that you disagree though, which is fine, but you should tell me why you disagree rather than just continuing to scream about how right you are without any reasoning as to why.

Also
>it doesn't have to be deep for people to like it
I have never said it had to be

>Except that it literally is
not, but may be.

Sorry to break it you, but anyone who is emotionally developed knows that comedic anime has more substance than your "deep" anime about giant robots or military strategy or ancient quests. They highlight the absurdity of life and the situations is throws at us, and it amplifies the way it makes people feel to over the top levels to remind us of how we react. What you probably consider as having substance is just escapism.

How many times must I teach you, my children, that 'DEEP' is not characterized by seriousness, demographic, or pretention. Even the simplest children's stories like Little Red Riding Hood or The Little Prince (an inspiration to Kaiba) have substance. Dragon Ball has thematic depth people have debated and refined over the years.

Let go of your fear of childishness and embrace fiction.

A lot of the time people using the latter are either baiting or know that people are much more likely to discuss their interpretation if they put it across in an inflammatory way, which is unfortunate. I also would much prefer everyone use the former, but I guess we'll just have to deal with it.

Luluco's no Kafka m8. Say what you want about absurdity, but if it's not offering an answer to that problem like Camus and Kafka did than it isn't a deep work in that vein. Luluco doesn't try and adapt herself to the world and grow as a human being, she sticks to being normal for comic effect.

Yeah, most often than not stories aimed at children are made with some sort of "lesson" in mind.

Also,
>'DEEP' is not characterized by seriousness, demographic, or pretention.
Who said that it is?

The show I'd only halfway over.

>shorter is better,
worked for galko,
i feel it didn't work as well for luluco

I'll be honest, i'd like to an anime of when lalaco and her husband got together ,
seriously how does a space cop and space pirate date?

Is this some serious projecting going on?

I don't mean to say there is any 2deep4u meaning in KLK or Luluco, but I think it's not too far fetched to assume that a work can incorporate its creator's views even if he didn't intend to actively present them.

For example, an edgy teenager who hates any form of authority writes a book. In that book every person of authority is unreasonably mean and is always out to make the protagonist suffer. He thinks he's writing some genius social statement, but it's really more repesentative of his narrow minded view that authority equals bad, meaning he included something to analyze that he didn't even know about.

You can do this with other stuff as well.
A white guy hates black people and coincidentally every black guy in his story just happens to be evil or vice versa.
Someone has a low opinion of women and every woman in his story is irrational or a useless trophy wife.
Someone has an overly high opinion of women and he writes every single female in his story to be an unrealistic strong and independent woman stereotype.

They're begging for it

thicc

i fuckin love the way trigger animates

Tall claim. I WANT NAMES!

Post milf

>Forced studio wars thread

post smug

Would Nova shoot bullets into that barrel?

>smug

>Trigger has two of the best shows this season.
How can one studio be so based?

I thinck luluco is too fast pace and wacky comedy to support a 1 core 22 minute time frame. If they did do that, they'd have to change alot. I love it as is though.

>appeal to authority is not a fallacy sweetheart
>using "sweetheart" to demean someone
don't really know what you're arguing about but i want to fucking murder you. anyone who calls someone "sweetheart" when they argue is worse than dog shit and should be thrown into a gas chamber without delay