Is the standard of living in Eastern Europe really that bad? I mean...

Is the standard of living in Eastern Europe really that bad? I mean, a higher proportion of you guys own houses than anywhere in Western Europe. You have enough to eat. Is it just an EU meme or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

statystyka.policja.pl/st/wybrane-statystyki/bron/bron-przestepstwa/50844,Przestepstwa-przy-uzyciu-broni.html
standard.co.uk/news/crime/1000-knife-crime-victims-in-london-each-month-shocking-new-figures-show-8681511.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Living in the west is a meme.
T. someone that leaves west for east.

Quality of life in Warsaw is now higher than in London

Also:

London-800 victims of knife attack injuries in 2 months

WHOLE Poland-700 victims of knife attack injuries in a WHOLE year.

Let this sink in. 38 mln country in Eastern Europe has less knife attacks in a year than London alone in 2 months

statystyka.policja.pl/st/wybrane-statystyki/bron/bron-przestepstwa/50844,Przestepstwa-przy-uzyciu-broni.html

standard.co.uk/news/crime/1000-knife-crime-victims-in-london-each-month-shocking-new-figures-show-8681511.htm

I asume wages are low but living expenses are also low and luxury goods beeing expensive.

Having lived in Brno (what is more central europe anyway):
Its in fact is indeed a very nice place to live, very safe and cool places.

What is the difference to the west that once you got rid of your starting capital you will realize that your wage wont bring you as far as it does in the west, even if you consider the lower prices.

But yeah, the east is cool

Depends on your requirements. Standards of living are good what conserns food, housing, services etc. But imported goods like electronics or cars are much more expensive than in the west compared to income.

Mostly this, if you want a normal day to day live the east isn't much differen't to the west. When you want to have luxury goods it breaks your neck

>those digits

yeah, when i lived in cz i got a half stroke when i wanted to buy a new laptop and saw the prices

Q-Q-QUINNNNNNNTS

>live comfy life in Europe
>have family/friends in states buy best-priced Chinese luxury garbage

It's tempting

Trips, check'em.

Oh, they have sky high import taxes and import duties to prevent this, thought about this often enough when i was living over there

>what is crime report rates

none of these indices measure what I perceive as QoL. London has the better restaurants, bars, clubs, social activities, transport links, entertainment.

Before all the memers from 2ch come here most of European Russian isn't much different than the Rust Belt or West Virginia. If you like those places Russia isn't that hardcore.

Also, why did you leave Poland to come to the UK if it's so wonderful there?

This meme was pushed to terrorize the East. Also Eastern boss might be an asshole so your work is a nightmare. Thanks God we have a really low unemployment which makes things better.

>what is crime report rates
For Poland to have same knife crime rate as UK the number of 700 injuries by knife per year would have to go up to 10,000. It's simply not possible.Knife injuries btw are reported by hospitals.
Also we don't even have acid attacks, in UK one happens every couple of hours.
Poland now has lower homicide and crime than France, UK AND Germany.
Yup, even Germany has higher crime rate than Poland.

money, people take a lot of shit for the prospect of money, especially men.

Might as well ask why work on dinky boat with 73% chance of permanent injury if you like sitting on couch.

I used to work in a consumer electronics shop and tons of people told me they would "send" the stuff they bought to relatives in eastern europe and the balkans.

>>what is crime report rates
>he actually believes that this is not true
kek, the depth of bong denial

Well yeah, in switzerland it makes sense because the wages are extremly well compared to the prices of such goods (unlike for grocery for example)

In germany or the us not so much

(OP)

In Hungary the prices are 75% of USA's prices but wages are REALLY FUCKING low anywhere in the country that is not a major city (and we have like 4 of those) Bigger the city, better the quality of life. But its not that bad. If you graduate college you can get a decent job and just life off of that anywhere in the country.

If it's so dangerous here, please feel free to fuck off back home :^)

But if you save enough capital in the west you can live like a king in Eastern Europe

:^)

I've been to Poland and Russia. For all the complaining if you earn an average income, it's pretty comfy.

I mean your car won't be as good, international holidays limited and luxury goods are expensive. But if you want to get a normal house, have a wife and 3 kids then it's a decent place. Of course you'll probably be living pay check to pay check never quite having enough money at the end of the month but that's true for 80% of Westerners.

A lot of the Eastern European farm workers we have here in the UK work long hours, live 10 to a house to save up enough money to buy a house back home. At least that's what the ones I've spoken to tell me.

I'm strongly considering moving to Eastern Europe as I'm a software developer and can do subcontracting remotely. I'm going to Estonia next spring to check it out.

Pic related, average Eastern European family.

We are talking of the eastern EU right?
For British standards? It isn't as good. Obviously. For world standards? One of the best place to live on Earth. We all wish to have wages, government custom service and medical care like in Western Europe. Most of new EU member states did a hge step into that direction in the last 2 decades. Still not there yet and you need to be blind or high not to see it. But saying that the standard of living in Poland or Slovakia is "that bad" would mean that living in most parts of the world is just hell.
Another story is that if you move to poland with a busines idea and your British savings there is a significant chance you will build a very good life (also in financial sense). But it won't be an average Polish life though. I know many people who did that.

It's not bad we just got ruined by your western propaganda of consumerist gay homo life. So every idiot thinks he can go and be this fag he sees on TV. Ofcourse most become culturaly shocked by how actually gay western societies are and so they come home eventually.

>For British standards? It isn't as good.
Depends. Polish cities are objectively cleaner and safer than the ones in UK. And Poland isn't even as good as Slovenia or Czech Republic.
Prague compared to London is 1st World vs 3rd World.

We must keep on voting in nationalistic parties in parliaments and eastern europe will be paradise upcoming decades.

>none of these indices measure what I perceive as QoL. London has the better restaurants, bars, clubs, social activities, transport links, entertainment.

Hard to enjoy fine restaurants when your face is melted from part and parcel acid attacks
Hard to enjoy fine public transit networks when they're used for part and parcel truck attacks
Hard to enjoy a show when it's the site of the weekly part and parcel bombing

They come to make money and return home to start a family, build a house or start a business.
The usual stuff, what else?
Poles are not Muslim niggers intending to subvert and overtake your culture.

Yeah, that's the solution you mongrel. Just deny problems and wish they go away.
Enjoy having your family members being raped by "Asians"