EQUIFAX DATA BREACH OF 144 MILLION AMERICANS

Killing you slowly edition

Last bread
boards.Sup Forums.org/pol/thread/141269921#bottom

>How the Equifax breach could hurt Google,Amazon ... and my small firm

>I once thought my client base would resist migrating their in-house systems to cloud based systems. But it's happening...in a big way.

>According to many research reports, including this one from technology firm IDC in 2016, SMBs have been adopting the cloud at a record clip, with almost two-thirds using cloud based applications for sales growth and productivity and 78 percent planning to use software-as-a-service applications within the next three years. It makes sense.

>A company using cloud based applications and services can be more productive, flexible, data-driven, mobile and secure than the old way of managing our internal networks. Or so I have been preaching.

>Of course, security has always been the biggest concern among my clients. We've all seen the headlines on the data breaches over the years. Many cloud based giants - from Yahoo to LinkedIn to Dropbox - have had customer data stolen. Credit card information has been taken from large companies like Target, Verizon and Wendy’s. Personal emails, movies and TV shows were fraudulently downloaded from Sony and HBO. Our own government has been hacked.

>One of the things that makes this so unsettling is the company's lukewarm response. The last thing my clients (who are already nervous about protecting their companies’ customer data in the cloud) want to see is a large company entrusted with so much vital data respond the way Equifax has. It’s hard to believe that it took Equifax five weeks to disclose the breach. It’s even harder to comprehend the company's lukewarm actions.

>Just check a website to see if you’re affected (I am, by the way.) That’s it? Equifax CEO Rich Smith promised that the company “will make changes” in a USAToday op ed, but no real plan has been offered. I guess we just sit and wait for our bank accounts to be drained and then spend weeks of our time arguing with customer reps and bank officials to get things sorted out.

foxbusiness.com/features/2017/09/13/how-equifax-breach-could-hurt-google-amazon-and-my-small-firm.html

EQUIFAX BREACH ARCHIVE

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140671284
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140689686
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140687228
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140706326
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140713335
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140718192
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140720752
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140720766
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140762654
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140773478
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140775945
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140807917
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140824131
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140825083
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140856443
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140880464
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140925732
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140934661
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140935548
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140979701
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141012531
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141075029
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141127200
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141164377
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141190982
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141269921

warosu.org/g/thread/S62307786
warosu.org/g/thread/S62311380
warosu.org/g/thread/S62311380
warosu.org/g/thread/S62316700
warosu.org/g/thread/S62323810
warosu.org/g/thread/S62326520
warosu.org/g/thread/S62355113
warosu.org/g/thread/S62374861
warosu.org/g/thread/S62376927

warosu.org/biz/thread/S3385702
warosu.org/biz/thread/S3387412

Equifucked YouTube vid: youtube.com/watch?v=qHcGVOJXRzI

Argentina incident: archive.is/bJroF

Fake equifax hackers: pirate.london/fake-equifax-hacker-website-shut-down-following-deanonymisation-7f30b64cc99a

Blockchain identity verification a possible alternative and option: civic.com/secure-identity-platform

Self sovereign ID:uport.me/

Other urls found in this thread:

krebsonsecurity.com/2017/09/ayuda-help-equifax-has-my-data/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

Bump

Anyone get their email with log in info from Equifax?

My date was the 12th. I came back and it said it would send me an email. 24hrs later, no email.

>Thank You
>We have successfully received and are processing your information.

>Next Step

>You will receive an email with a link to finalize your enrollment and activate your product. Please be patient. Due to the high volume of requests, emails may be delayed. If you have not received your email within a few days, please check your spam and junk folders.

>Thank you again; we appreciate your patience!

When I security froze with them, they gave me a 10 digit pin code and stated I'd get physical mail of my security freeze within 5-7 business days. I called them though since their website and links don't seem trustworthy to me

Yeah, given the delays I might just get my free annual credit report while I wait.

Bump for fellow burgers who have money

Bump

Bump

Bump

that's cool and all but who took the data?

please tell me it was north korea superhacker

That's still a mystery. But nearly two months of this being hidden from the public, I'm sure equifax and certain government agencies are already aware. What they're waiting for, god knows. Maybe some more ceos need to pull their shares out? Either way, this to me is very shady.

Pic related

Bump

I read about this earlier today, their Argentinian site was also breached. Guess what they used as administrator credentials?
>username: admin
>password: admin
And apparently every employee's login credentials as well as their "customers'" names and DNI(Argentinian equivalent of SSN) were available in plaintext once you were in.
>hacker's face when

What does one expect when their chief of cyber security is a woman who majored in music composition.

Bump.

They said on TV the other day it was OK they didn't break the law in anyway shape or form they din du nuffin whitey style

DEY GUD BOIS JUS MAKIN MONEE TRYIN TO SURVIVE DEY DUN NUFFIN

>music composition degree
>chief security officer

Bump

Yeah, I can't imagine how that might've gone wrong.

Bump

Okay I managed to do the annualcreditreport.com thing, but I could only print out the Experian credit report. The tranunion gave me an error message saying high volume due to the breach.

Literally can't understate how relieved I am that I wasn't affected, but I hope someday soon I see Susan Mauldin's head on a pike. Fucking cancer.

Bump to inform

Blame nepotism and the "reference culture" that thinks that someone who is part of the managerial class is more qualified to handle security than a top Red team/Blue team engineer.

Congrats. Still I'd be cautious. Anything equifax states about being safe or not can't be trusted wholeheartedly. I mean come on, they withheld revealing this breach for nearly two months
Two fucking months

Oh also, nothing suspicious on my Experian credit report.

If you get the free annual credit reports, you made want to spread them out.

Bump.

That's a lot of good advice, however there's a more detailed guide on how to protect yourself specifically written for the Equifax breach.

Stay safe ameriburgers.

Great pic. Thank you for this

Btw equifax argentina was using admin/admin as a credential for their employee systems

krebsonsecurity.com/2017/09/ayuda-help-equifax-has-my-data/

>the city of Argentina

tay bae

Bump.

no one goes to jail, no one is held accountable.. try not paying them and suddenly you're in court and jailed over $20

Bump

cap'd since I know a lot of people here don't follow links

WHO CARES! PEWDIEPIE SAYING A NIGGER IN A GAME CHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THIS SHIT!!!!

I don't think it was SJWs. I think she was well connected and managed to land a bunch of compliance gigs that have nothing or little to do with technology and Equifax regards security as a good starter position for c-level executives and pointy haired bosses instead of being a terminal position for some former teen-hacker.

Let it sink in for a second. If you work in IT.. even as tech takes over the world.... even as infosec mismanagement crises have been first page news for several years.

YOU ARE WORTH LESS THAN THE MANAGEMENT CASTE.

No matter how smart, no matter how educated, no matter where you work and no matter how much money you make... Unless you're born rich and connected or embed yourself into bureaucracies for access to such people .
You are of a lower caste.

Their chief security officer was some cunt affirmative action hire with a music degree.

>an actual happening
Nah brah if it's not about traps, interracial children, white men with Asian women or a larp by an FBI CIA agent who says octorber 14 will destroy the universe

thank you OP for keeping real topics on this board.

Anyone know how she got the job as Sec Chief? Im guessing someone in her family works there? Is there a way to check if shes received any IT training or relevant post-grad certs?

Bump

Only takes all of us getting our social security number stolen...lol

Bump

are you serious with this shit
The fuck

> (((credit report)))

Is there anything jewer than this shit?

Yeah and unfortunately you get one created whether you want it or not.

You're not wrong, and that pretty much sums up what's wrong with the corporate culture in this country.
She's obviously related to someone and was given that job as a win-win diversity hire, even though she has no idea what she's doing.
I also figure it's possible she's being used as a patsy for the crooks at the top of the company.

Stuff on the right of the image is obviously an edit.
See: and

Forgot to add
>Pic related

>you get one created whether you want it or not
That's the jew part. Anyone can buy approximate data about how well you're doing.

>tfw when they make money off my lack of making money

Yeah. The real meme here is that just after they announced a data breach, they put up a shitty geocities tier website that asked for a last name and the last 6 digits of your ssn. This whole thing has left a pit in my stomach because of how powerless I feel to demand any kind of justice. Considered quitting my stem career to go to law school just to jail scumbags like this.

>Almost every single American over the age of 18 will have to pay for credit monitoring and protection for the rest of their lives, on top of constant freezing and unfreezing fees
>The company that fucked up stands to gain more in a month then they'll ever pay out in damages
>Nobody cares

Identity theft protection is basically as important as health insurance at this point.

>Land of the Fee
>Home of the Slave

>we wuz enron n sheiit

bump

Bump for actual news

Bump.

thanks user

Bump

ive never had a credit card before

Equifax doesn't care, they have a file on you anyways.

False Flag in order to get people moving towards biometric identification.

Have you had a date of birth before? That's all it takes to have a profile.

Could be.

Jesus Christ. She's fucking unemployable.

Bump

Literally after it came out you had someone in I believe USA Today that was ex-CIA and now working for some company that was Illumi-something talking about how social security cards and all that aren't valid identification in today's society and the need for biometrics, It was almost too many of the conspiracy theorist shit in one article to sound believable.

Bump

have a bump cuz it matters

Bump

Bump

Bump

come into thread to laugh at burgers
>Argentina

should I be worried?

>He wasn't worried to begin with
it's always happening

>should I be worried
It's a global economy.
Yes

Bump

Without a doubt.

I would be. The woman in charge of security for the company is completely unqualified for the job.

They aren't wrong that SS cards are a TERRIBLE form of identification/verification

The cards themselves aren't the problem.
It's that you have to give out the number to do literally anything above board these days.
Which means everybody and their uncle has access to it.