Do japs hate episodic anime like Cowboy Bebop or something...

Do japs hate episodic anime like Cowboy Bebop or something? That's the only reason I can think of for there being so few of them. So many anime could be improved by following that format.

There are plenty.

>episodic
>good

Cowboy Bebop is a bad example because it appealed to western audiences.

But we have a bunch every season. You probably dismiss them as cliche moeshit or something like that, though.

>That's the only reason I can think of for there being so few of them.

There is no way you watch more than 2 shows a season.

>improved by having no plot

There are plenty of western cartoons out there if you want episodic stuff, anime doesn't need to change to meet your expectations.

Joker Game is currently running and is kinda like that.

>for there being so few of them
There's like a million of them you fucking idiot.

>only a few
You only watch shonenshit and entry level shows dont you OP?

Sadly they don't, I fucking loathe episodic anime.

Luckily, it's mostly moeshit. Since they are nothing but braindead "cute girls doing cute things" they generally don't have much of a main plot and therefore are mostly episodic.

OP try watching more than 20 anime before you start a thread.

This. I don't get how can people like shit without a plot.

Yeah, just like Phantom World :^)

>Do Murricans hate episodic shows like The X-Files or something?
Episodic shows are old and busted.
It was a thing in the 90s.

it's shit
like Joker Game

>Not liking well crafted episodic shows.

Episodic shows can be fantastic because every new episode brings something new to explore and experience.

Would Kino's Journey, Mushi-Shi etc be better shows with one story line? No of course not. What about shows like Star Trek? Simply wouldn't work as a non-episodic show.

The problem with anime is actually more the writing and structure itself. Cowboy Bebop has a more western narrative structure, while shows like Mushi-Shi or Kino's are written like fairy tales/folk lore.
This is why in the west, you incredibly well written shows with overaching plots like Game of Thrones or House of Cards or whatever, while 99.9% of anime with an overarching plot is still complete ass.

>Do japs hate episodic anime like Cowboy Bebop or something?

What is the cute girls doing cute things genre?

>plotfags

>Do japs hate episodic anime like Cowboy Bebop or something?
so,sou ne...

Is the pic related?
Either way, I think its no that they dont, its rather they cant. Not many talented people are in the anime industry these days. Especially when anime is becoming closer to Japanese mainstream culture.

>Not many talented people are in the anime industry these days. Especially when anime is becoming closer to Japanese mainstream culture.
Not only are you bullshitting, but you're acting as if these two statements would in any way be correlated.

Truly, you are an user amongst Anons.

Hmm... yet I don't see your argument.

The reason why anime is moe shit these days is because it sells. Not a lot, but enough to collect the small budget. Also, going mainstream limits how radical the show can get or specialty of the elements present in the plot. Lack of talents might be wrong, but there certainly is a lack of chance for the talented to shine.

>The reason why anime is moe shit these days
This entire statement is factually wrong. Lumping in all anime that has a cute factor to it as "moeshit" just makes you come off as a huge newfag

Those are some sour, sour grapes user.
There are plenty of people doing interesting and creative things in anime. And there are also plenty of hacks who blame their failures on the industry.

The format is becoming popular again because of Netflix. Not anime specifically, but cartoons in general. It's more of a Sup Forums topic.

Kaiba went to shit the moment it dropped the episodic plot and tried to tell a continuous story. Sometimes episodic is just better.

The objectively best genre anime hast to offer(SoL) is usually episodic

This:
They're just not standard, like with our stuff.

>moe SoL fags

>They're just not standard, like with our stuff.
user, Sazae-san, Doraemon, Crayon Shinchan, etc... are the standard, it was our stuff that isn't.