Gundam is disregarded as a toy commercial

>Gundam is disregarded as a toy commercial
>It has a better story, more memorable characters, and more emotional moments than 99% of anime
>Meanwhile autists spend thousands of dollars on waifu toys from shitty LN adaptations

Other urls found in this thread:

desustorage.org/a/search/image/fk-F-hHm1-1ny6-IYmLopA/
youtube.com/watch?v=DapUFO6YD20&index=6&list=PLE234F313FF53A39C
a.pomf.cat/kwrvpr.webm
twitter.com/shota_/status/728510842757484544
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All anime are commercials.

/m/ plz go

Yeah, but Seed and Seed Destiny suck, so it balances itself out. Seriously, Kira was the prototype LN Mary Sue protagonist, before self-insert LN protagonists were popular.

ayy

Another worthless thread by a phone fag.

How much did you spend on your phone instead of a working PC?

And you have the nerve to talk about someone spending money on different molded plastics than you.

>>It has a better story, more memorable characters, and more emotional moments than 99% of anime
Good one.

>dumb mobileposter

desustorage.org/a/search/image/fk-F-hHm1-1ny6-IYmLopA/

How pathetic is your life OP?

It is?

The last few gundams have been pretty bad tho

>bottom pic
How is dab an anime?

You look more pathetic here, bud.

Well it honestly was, but it was a very good toy commercial.

I wish I had a White Base toy as a kid

AMURO

CHAAAAR
YOKUMOOO

MOEAGARE MOEAGARE MOEAGARE GANDAMU

KIMI YOOO HASHIREE

MSG is better than Zeta.

youtube.com/watch?v=DapUFO6YD20&index=6&list=PLE234F313FF53A39C
in the next episode of mobile suit gundam

MSG is one of the most important shows ever made in the entire world. Everything else is just its sequels no matter how good.

>Gundam
>Story
Pick one

Stop spamming this, faggot. Fuck off.

I didn't even think Zeta was that good, even disregarding significance I felt like MSG was a more solid show in general, Zeta was all over the place and felt really incoherent, the only thing it did better was the animation.

This senpai

Doesn't matter because ZZ is the real best Gundam.

It's the best Gundam for waifus. I don't think anyone could argue with that.

I enjoyed Zeta but for some reason hate the original. I don't know if it's just dislike for Amuro but the entire experience feels somehow campy.

At least I'm not spending money chasing after iterations of the same robot in different colors.

Puru two a cute.

The music and designs and general style of the show is campy or retro as hell. Sort of like Star Trek (the original series.) That's part of its charm. If you see it that way it actually gets better with age.

Do waifus even watch anime?

But regarding the retro-aspects I don't think Zeta is that different. And still I enjoyed Zeta much more while considered the original to be occasionally even a painful watch.

Why are Purus made for suffering?

>animes

This will never NOT get me mad.

Is Turn A any good?

As far as Gundam series go, yes, it's one of the better ones. It might get a bit boring if you attempt to marathon the early episodes, that's a caveat. It has a solid science-fictiony feel without much shounen battling crap. There's not too much slapping/punching. And there's a didgeridoo.

Mecha is shit

>implying I buy merch

>Seed is bad meme

Muv Luv >>> Gundam.
Gundam is muh willpower muh magical fantasy robots (mostly).

Muv Luv is hard sci-fi with realistic robots and a very deep setting.

I thought early Camille made Zeta hard to watch as well, but I get what you're saying about 0079. I think it probably had something to do with how a bunch of untrained children were able to single-handedly fend off wave after wave of battle-hardened Zeon troops. It's also funny how all the adult refugees on White Base were useless and complaining, while the kids were running everything.

Zeta at least had more competent pilots, so it didn't feel as ridiculous when they kept winning.

But it's weird how ZZ went back to novices piloting Gundams, but it didn't feel as weird because the series didn't take itself seriously while they were in the learning phase.

>Mecha
>Realistic

I really wish /m/ would stick to their containment bord and fap over gundam there, without spilling the seed overboard. I really can relate to liking a single fucking show for years, but the level of autism there is seriously annoying and over the fucking top. I know two hardcore /m/ guys irl and with one you can't even speak properly without comparing everything to gundam. Its like an overused meme that went really, really wrong. Just stop it, its embarassing to watch those mechashit baits here once in a while.

>hard sci-fi
>realistic robots

Don't mistake one troll for a fanbase in general.
Also, all anime can be posted on Sup Forums, even Naruto. /m/ doesn't make mecha Sup Forums-unrelated just like /u/ doesn't make yuri shows Sup Forums-unrelated.

This post is wrong on many levels and simplifies Gundam in a laughable way, but I actually agree Muv Luv is better. They pretty much have the same pacifist message combined with drama and love on the battlefield. Muv Luv is "harder" scifi as more details are explored but calling it "hard" or "realistic" is still a super stretch.

But unarguably part of my love for Muv Luv is the fact I'm an eternal manchild and even if Gundam has its moments of suffering the portrayal of war feel much more "realistic" and grim in Muv Luv as it isn't really sugarcoated in any occasion.

> I know two hardcore /m/ guys irl and with one you can't even speak properly without comparing everything to gundam
I'm not /m/, but wouldn't constantly comparing stuff to one of the biggest and most entry-level /m/ franchises be a casual thing rather than a hardcore thing?

>Muv Luv
>realistic robots
>very deep setting

Really user? Really?

>Meanwhile autists spend thousands of dollars on waifu toys from shitty LN adaptations
People spend more on gunpla than BDs and figures.

Gundam is the reason anybody is aware of what a flexatone is. Gundam is to flexatones as Zelda is to ocarinas.

What the fuck is a flexatone?

>Muv Luv is hard sci-fi with realistic robots and a very deep setting.
Did you even read Alternative?

You're not alone, I had to look it up

I am really sory to say that from experience with those two people, one which is a /m/ tripfag and second a n adult buyfag that reviews mecha toys for several companies, they fucking suck as representatives for the fannbase. All mecha related threads Ive seen over the years were pure garbage and "gundam is the pinnacle of scifi anime" circlejerks. I personally grew alergic to this genere so much I filter all even slightly mecha related seasonal shows due to how anoying the discussions over them get.
Don't know why that happened. I'm not proficient enough in the genere nor ever want to know more about it from what I already know, to distijguish this.

So that's how they make the newtype sound.

But still you're here. Funny thing.

But I wouldn't know as I don't frequent /m/. There's not much wrong with the mecha threads in Sup Forums.

Muv-Luv isn't realistic, but it at least tries to justify the use of mecha on the battlefield over tanks and jets. And it at least acknowledges the amount of G-forces that you would experience in that sort of environment. Whether or not the solutions presented are practical is another matter though.

>not Turn A
shit taste

I will never understand this fixation with being given a bullshit pseudo-science explanation for things. Not even just mecha, people all the time complain about X and Y cliche and say "It would be tolerable if they'd at least hand wave it with some one-line explanation" and stuff like that. It just doesn't make sense - if you fucking know that the explanation is bullshit, why can't you just accept the bullshit without needing the show to hold your hand about it? How are people this hung up on realism?

To be fair the original TV show can be pretty bad sometimes. The movie trilogy is the best way to experience MSG, fuck what /m/ says.

I always wondered what that weird twangy instrument was.

Sure, Muv Luv is more "realistic" than Gundam, but as we are still talking about series with flying mechs fighting aliens the question about which one is more realistic is very close to whether it's better to take a shotgun in the eye or forehead: ultimately it doesn't really matter.

And when discussing the "depth" of the plot it's only resorting to buzzwords. I don't realistically know why Gundam would have any less "depth" than Muv Luv as they both pay attention to backstory and details to an autistic degree. Only thing I can think of what would make Muv Luv "deeper" is how the psychological effects of warfare are portrayed in a more humane way, but then again, the target audiences of the series are completely different and reflect the tone.

I watched the movies and don't feel like it was harder to continue with Zeta. Apparently I missed some island filler but can't say I'm really sad over it.

Turn A is pretty good and I always liked the theming of it, the 1910 technology vs moonrace, the comfy ass houses and building and the general feel of the series.

I like it a lot

Essentially a percussion version of a musical saw from the '20s.

a.pomf.cat/kwrvpr.webm

The only times I found myself not enjoying the show were the first few episodes and that one episode where they ran out of salt.

It's the best IMO but it starts real slow.

I never understood why people hate the salt episode so much.

twitter.com/shota_/status/728510842757484544

It's just such a dumb idea for an episode.

You have a point, to be honest Muv-Luv is "semi-realistic" scifi with a setting carefully designed to accommodate mechas. Semi-realistic when compared to scifi literature, that is, but if we compare it to other anime/VN then it will be hard to find any setting that strives to be more realistic.

>But unarguably part of my love for Muv Luv is the fact I'm an eternal manchild and even if Gundam has its moments of suffering the portrayal of war feel much more "realistic" and grim in Muv Luv as it isn't really sugarcoated in any occasion.
this

A discussion of realism of muv-luv TSFs will quickly devolve into physics and material science, I don't have time for that here. Let's say muv-luv TSFs are semi-realistic.

But the whole setting is ridiculously detailed. The author has designed the whole alternative history with similar but not-quite-ours historical event timeline. The TSF design, pros and cons, weapon types, materials, cockpits, pilot control systems (they use a combination of manual control and brainwave/EEG pattern recognition to control TSFs), and then some good design of alien species. It's hard to compare it to any other scifi anime or VN, the setting is that deep.

Of course I did, user. Isn't it deep, or isn't it realistic? Well, if you remove QC theory and maybe remove G-elements.

>A discussion of realism of muv-luv TSFs will quickly devolve into physics and material science
You've obviously had this discussion more than once, but remind me, were TSF somehow dependent of the elements found inside the hives or was it just Susanoo and some others?

I liked Muv Luv when it tried to explain things, even in pseudo scientific way. In the end the 10-minute long explanations were just replaced with "lol quantum computer doesn't have to explain anything" and it was kind of bad move.

Not him, but TSFs were developed in response to the BETA, but they had mecha-type workers on the moon before the first contact with BETA.
So no, they had the technology before hand.

I think the reason was because the space race in their universe ended up with moon colonization. They also had space defense systems so the level of technology isn't really comparable to real life.

The technology in moon was really far from TSF though. Iirc the later models didn't have a pilot.

No, the best way by far is reading the Origins manga.

>why can't you just accept the bullshit without needing the show to hold your hand about it? How are people this hung up on realism?
A handwave is not a lampshade.
A lampshade acknowledges that something is silly.
A handwave makes up a silly excuse. That excuse can later be expanded, but even if it isn't, it's canon and can be used to properly explain phenomena within the show.
The people are not asking for science, they are asking for logic.

Only the XG-70 Susanoo used G-element (alien hive material) driven engine.

TSFs use some form of carbon polymer actuators, carbon (and maybe magnesium alloy) armor and jet engines as a source of thrust and electric power.

To have any hope of being plausible they should be much lighter than they look, carbon armor and frame can contribute to that.

In Unlimited/Alternative timeline humanity already had better than contemporary material science in 1950s, giving them access to materials with order of magnitude better performance than current aerospace alloys. In that timeline humans were much more active in space - they had a moon base, and they even made project Daedalus succeed (IRL project Daedalus remained on paper).

Moon base used powered exoskeletons of various sizes even before humanity came into contact with BETA, so the TSFs are descendants of these exoskeletons.

Mobile users should be banned

You're right but at the same time I'm pretty sure those are tvtropes terms which makes you automatically wrong.

>tvtropes terms
That's because you're a newfag.
Those terms are older than tv-tropes.

How can you guys tell he's a mobile user? Is it a 4chanX thing?

As a non /m/ fag who tried to break into several different gundam shows and found them all disappointing. I really have to ask what's the appeal?

All of the stories try to blend teenage drama and world politics which just feels awful. The characters often feel like they sometimes forget the scope of their own universe.

It's detailed and if you get invested in the characters and universe it's fun. Honestly it's pretty silly, considering the points you mentioned. Aside that, you can see its influence in many series which makes it a fun watch if you're more heavy weeaboo.

Which ones did you watch, and did you finish them? All of them don't get really good until they return to space near the end.

Brown girls are made for suffering too. Only Shakti (and maybe Marbet) was lucky, the rest has to die in pain.

>image.jpg

Yup I like this part too, as well as briefings. They are almost plausible, a non-technical person wouldn't be able to discern them from the real thing.

In the end they had to make these plot devices like 00-unit's quantum computer and the whole quantum causality theory thing (sensor lol). These are clearly compromises, but if you look at this from fiction point of view it's epic.

There's a few file names that only really come up with phone users.
"image.[extension]" is a name that could theoretically be intentionally chosen by somebody, but it turns out that 99% of the time it's a phone fag.
Besides that, there's also blurry screenshots of manga pages that are commonly created by mobile posters.

Gundam series, and especially Tomino Gundams have a very distinct feel. The characters are very melodramatic, and their actions are often nonsensical. It's an acquired taste to say the least. Also for some reason they all need some version of a white battleship that's near invisible.

Just look at these, it's like a history that never was.

now do one of those for mobile suits

I'm not sure where you got the idea I was talking about lampshades. I'm talking exactly about a hand wave - if something works in-universe, it works in-universe, you don't need to waste time with some nonsense elaboration about why it works in-universe (not necessarily, at least - obviously in some stories that might be plot-relevant, and that's different). And especially not when it's some well-trod cliche that you are completely aware of the existence and workings of.

Reread the last two sentences of my post.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing there. Science or logic, it doesn't matter - it's still silly to demand that content be devoted solely to establishing how it is that cliches occur.