Why are millenials so bad at self-criticism?

why are millenials so bad at self-criticism?

Why is healthy food so expensive?

It's not, that's the joke.

It's not if you didn't major in something ending with "studies".

Imagine being so fat you eat computers

Jesus, if you can afford to have food prepared for you, you can afford to cook it yourself.

>can afford to shitpost on twitter
>can't afford a gallon of milk and a loaf of bread

I'm not sure why this is case. Granted, I am a first generation college graduate, and I basically meal prepped and cooked my own food throughout college to survive. There were times where I was too tired to cook from studying, then I would buy meals here and there. Otherwise, cooking your own meals is relatively cheap. Think about it. Buy green peppers, onions, chicken, tortillas, etc etc, That's going to cost you about 10-15$. That'll make you 3 quesadillas for 3 nights. I used to do that all the time. I guess it's a matter of culture and values, I ate home cooked meals throughout most of my life. We almost never went out to dinner as a family.

>be millennial
>work for 8.50 an hour processing dead fish with Filipinos
>Pay my rent, feed myself, pay for my own school and buy my own weed with enough money to save a little
>Volunteer for overtime so I can make time and half if I need more money

I don't know what these people are complaining about. I think if you bitch about being a starving millennial you should have post your recent purchases first so we can see what stupid shit you spend your money on.

I feel for people who are stuck in places like L.A, NYC etc because it's hard to save money to get out when your rent is like 90% of your pay check. I have no sympathy for the broke ass millennial's who choose to move to these places and bitch though.

You can eat for around 20 bucks a week by buying some rice or dry beans/lentils, assorted veggies of your choice, and maybe a jug of milk. You don't need organic free-range avacados and shit. Stop being a prissy little cuntwhistle and figure shit out yourself.

Because you're lazy and can't into doing things for yourself.

Didn't /ck/ already have this thread earlier?

You can also grow a lot of vegetable. I have a grow tent and 500 watt light I bought from some potthead and I grow most of my own vegetables. Just use compost for nutrients and it's pretty much free. Just gotta pay the lighting bill but if you live in a sunny place you don't even need a light.

fixed again
>Everyone wants to eat. No one knows how to cook or where food is actually coming from.

This stuff costs a lot.

>it's not

a 2 liter of coke is $0.75, a bowl of pre-sliced apples is $5.00. something is wrong there

because they can only project.

Yes, you are buying pre-sliced apples, that is what is wrong

>pre-sliced apples
wtf america

USA USA USA

why would i want to slice my own apples when i can have them pre-sliced

Why the fuck are you buying pre-sliced apples you autistic fuck

Nice strawman, ya cunt.

How much are beans, corn, rice, salt, vegetable oil, eggs and milk?

All you need for a healthy diet unless you're dumber than a college student.

>a 2 liter of coke is $0.75
Water is free

To save money for minimal effort, idiot.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Slice your own fucking apples you lazy nigger.

I always tell myself posts like this are bait, but part of me wonders if people are actually this dumb.

> Pre-sliced apples

Kek. Use common sense user, you can buy non-sliced apples cheaper.

Cheap "healthy" foods:

> Rice
> Chicken breasts
> Fish fillets
> Vegetables (all of them are relatively cheap, especially compared to fast food.)
> Eggs

That's literally all you need, but you can expand your menu further if you'd like. There are plenty of healthier options than your daily big mac.

>pre-sliced apples
You liberals are fucking disgusting

What kind of FUCKASS buys a bowl of pre-sliced apples? Please tell me you aren't a fucking retard and that you are aware you can buy apples by weight, for XX cents / LB and they will cost a fraction of whatever a pre-sliced apple costs? I'm not even going to ballpark the cost per apple but I know I can get multiple apples for 5$.

I mean jesus I had a feeling idiots like you exist when I saw a 10$ package of Cracker Barrel pre-sliced cheese as I was grabbing a 6$ bar I have to slice myself, but I didn't know they did that shit with fruit, too.

Cooking for yourself and affording food isn't hard, you just need to read the fucking flyer for what is on sale, and buy food in it's most affordable format. Buying premade shit or pre-sliced or repackaged or whatever because you are retarded explains why you think food is so expensive.

Cause beggers can't be choosers, now stop being poor.

Ah shit... you got me. Nice.

Everyone wants to live like people in their mid 40s.
Nobody wants to believe they were broke as fuck when they were your age.

Holy fuck, don't remind of that dipshit from Tumblr who bought $30 of fruit and a diet Sprite and then complained how "healthy food is expensive". Do millenials fucking eat so much that it becomes expensive regardless of what they eat? I can make a nice turkey sandwich for myself for about $.95 a sandwich and it only takes about 10 minutes to make two of them. I can't believe our generation is so shit at cooking that they're trying to blame it on someone else, but I guess we're also shitty at personal responsibility too

Because they were robbed of all opportunity and freedom before they were born, and they're being told it's their fault. Can't blame them for being pissed about it.

>non-sliced apples cheaper.

How can they be cheaper if you have to pay for the workforce to assemble the slices into a whole apple?

>something is wrong there
You are right, but I have a feeling it is a particular american problem. In Denmark it is far cheaper to eat healthy.
4,5 pounds of apples costs 3,22 dollars in Denmark.
4,5 pounds of carrots costs 1,61 dollars and so on. It really is cheaper in Denmark to eat healthy. Not organic, just that vegetables and fruit is way less expensive then junk food.
I could be wrong, because you mentioned sliced apples, which is pathetic, slice your own fucking apple. Eat it with a sharp knife, slicing one piece at a time and then balance the slice on the knife as you put it into your mouth.

Let's not forget how much they gouge you on asparagus water. We need to raise the minimum wage.

>a bowl of pre-sliced apples is $5.00

I'll introduce pre-eaten apples. Empty package at a friendly price of $9.99. The marketing will be: "Chewing is hard. Why chew?"

I'll become a billionaire =8-)

It's not. I shop at Whole Foods almos. Exclusively and spend $600 a month that's including going out to eat.

If you don't have a knife in your kitchen, you are failing at life.

Exactly, you can't purchase multiple packages of daily meat along with some lettuce, mayo, some veggies. That shit will last you a good awhile. A pack of eggs is like $1.29 and you have omelets and some snack food for like an entire week. I seriously don't get it.

Because you went to Whole Foods instead of a farmers market.

We have a farmers market here and I get produce and handmade bread for really cheap.

What? Is this a real thing? It's just a couple stalks of asparagus in a bottle of water. Who would pay for this?

How the hell can you guys not pay your debts with brilliant financial sense like that?

It's almost as if you've been toying with Germany the whole time....

>10$ package of Cracker Barrel pre-sliced cheese
>10$
Nevermind that's it's pre-sliced.
Even if it was sliced by hand by a 5 stars chef, 10$ is incredibly excessive for some cheese.

>le avocado meme
it is just a meme... r-right?

Asparagus Water
>Ingredients
>Asparagus
>Water

produce has objectively increased in price compared to shit foods

Fucking Millenial

A lot of people on this board lack self criticism.

kys yourself

Almost got me. This is some quality b8 m8

They're just doing what they were taught.

Reminder that it's not the millennials that have control of congress.

They can't pay it back for the same reason you can't pay back yours.

Moron doesn't understand the metaphor..

>pre-sliced b8

While we're talking money matters Dobson, can we get some of your insight on inflation?

>some shitty tasting vegetable has even remotely close the caloric value of the .99 cent McDouble

Better hook up a meme flag, you traitorous swine!

i hate fat people so goddamn much
oooooh

Dobson is full of hot air but inflation as a fetish is just growing and growing

Turns out you're all a bunch of morons and don't understand the metaphor.

The asshole is saying millenials just want shit handed to them and don't want to put any work into it.

I know man, it really sucks cause I LOVE oranges but the pre-peeled ones I buy at the store are like $3 per orange

Lucky you. If you live in a city, farmers markets are actually crazy expensive because they know they can scam dumb hipsters who don't know any better.
I have a better diet than 99% of millenials and I get it all from Kroger on under $50/week, and if needed that could easily be squeezed down to $40.

>misses the point of the thread
>calls others morons

>a bowl of pre-sliced apples is $5.00
>bowl of pre-sliced apples
>pre-sliced apples
>pre-sliced apples
USA! USA!

I eat one every day and they cost $1 each.
Yet another reason California is the best state in the US.

This graph can be very biased. Do they only measure the price of the same type of fresh produce? Because variety has become bigger, also you have to take in consideration that organic has become more popular.

On the other side, industrialized methods have become cheaper. So sugar and fatty industrialized food would get cheaper.

>What is applesauce?

This faggot is making shit up

You can easily get a bag of 12 apples for a couple bucks in the usa

This guy just wants to eat avocado toast with heirloom tomatoes, Italian olive oil and Himalayan pink salt

Even our homeless people are fat here

Im a millennial
I think thats self-criticising enough right

People run under the apple tree, past the grape vines, dodge the spring and step over a pig to get to the shop to buy an apple, 10 grapes, a bottle of water and a slice of ham.
When they return home they complain about the walk and the price.

I like cooking, here's some chicken Alfredo I made

It wasn't very hard or expensive

Fair enough.

but does the cost of growing the vegetables (i.e. the cost of running the 500w light and the water) significantly outweigh the difference in cost from buying the vegatables outright. Factor in the your own labor.

good bait, you deserve the (you)s

>Seguir
>curtidas
>de nov de
tienes que volver

That's expensive user. You paid a lot for chicken breast and veggies

>corporate fascism
You're a fucking retard

I remember a guy once told me that no matter where you buy it, there is always a cheaper place to buy chicken. There's a place nearby you can buy a pound of chicken breasts for dirt cheap, buy 3 pounds and make 5 different dishes, get some rice, probably not even 15 bucks for a full week.

Protip for all millennial bitches out there. Get a Victorinox serrated paring knife for $8. You're welcome.

Not really. Hell, I get meat all the time from grocery stores that mark it down. Shit, Aldi will mark shit down to a nickel/quarter/etc on the final day just to get it out the door. It's called a freezer; freeze that shit and eat it later.

you could make many servings of what OP is eating for under $5 if you shop right. Noodles for 1-2, get the peppers for cheap (cheaper if you do frozen ones), chicken on sale, etc.

i cook for my girlfriend and her children all the time. it's inexpensive and everyone loves me for it

If that's for a single person you're spending way too much on food.

>chicken breast is expensive
It's time to go to the store.

>pre sliced apples

>it's everybody else's fault
>SOMEBODY HAS TO PAY

I raise chickens and ducks. Food is minimal because I have compost and they eat a lot of worms and shit on my property. Chickens will also eat just about any table scraps you throw out in the yard. Rice is cheap and filling, chicken and fish are good (salmon is delicious and worth a buy if you get it marked down), eggs for me are free and with my current brood I get 6-8 per day.

Reminds me of Spongebob.
>seaweed
>50% sea
>50% weed

Bravo!!!!!

Presliced apples. Kek

these levels of Ron Paulposting shouldn't be possible.

>gold standard end
>bad thing happen
>GOLD STANDARD TO BLAME

couldnt be that we simply could not sustain the system under the gold standard or any other contributing factors, you fucking nonce.

People wasting their time on a Pakistani fly fishing enthusiasts image board don't need to "factor in their labor" when figuring the cost of growing food.

I live in my state's capital. You can get them from mexicans for crazy cheap. And don't even get me started on the fact that you can buy fruit and vegetables from places like Dollar Tree. That avocado meme never made any sense to me because you can get em for like a dollar.

Born 85 here.
>frozen chicken
>rice
>frozen broccoli
There, you hit all your macros you stupid faggot.

>gives fuck all about credit scores
>knows what an amortization schedule is; thus, doesn't want to sign away his life on a 30-year mortgage for a shitty McMansion
>wants nothing to do with 'The American Woman' model, hollow, empty, blacked, materialistic chronic bitch'r and possibly pic related
>taking language lessons Ukrainian dialect to search for a non-Marxist indoctrinated trad wife
How are these bad things again?

You might (though probably won't) enjoy some Dalrymple on the subject

Why is this thread actually arguing about food?

For all I understand, it's a metaphor for everyone wants to distribute goods but doesn't contribute to the production of such.

fuck that is so irritating
this idiot did a few recurring comics about his time in art school
the stories were from his perspective and they were basically him griping about how this one teacher always gave him a hard time and tried to instill him with discipline
even the readers of the story could tell that he was totally in the wrong and acting like a baby
this man EXEMPLIFIES the the tweet he is responding to

Is that an acceptable diet for a family? You made it sound as if user. lives on his own, but that could be a mistake.

10lbs of potatos $1.99
Chicken $1.99 a lb
Brocali $.99 a lb
Pasta $.99 for lb box

You could a weeks worth of food with that

Get lost

>is a diet which hits all macros and minimises sugar/salt/preservatives suitable for a family?
What the fuck do you think?

user., this is correct; it's more about not knowing how and that is because many of the cultural institutions of today have been turned against their own consituencies in the name of "tolerance." Such a concept only means that everything goes and and serious guidance will be instead deemed "intolerant."