So what exactly will likely happen after the series now that Reinhard is dead, and Mariendorf is regent?

So what exactly will likely happen after the series now that Reinhard is dead, and Mariendorf is regent?

Total collapse? Constitutional monarchy? Civil war? Peace?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/04/18/japanese-sci-fi-novelist-yoshiki-tanaka-i-love-to-imagine-alternate-realities/#43aeb5784f5f
publishersweekly.com/978-1-4215-8494-2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Aren't they making more episodes soon?

There's a remake coming next year that's supposedly gonna follow the source material a bit closer but it's not a continuation

forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/04/18/japanese-sci-fi-novelist-yoshiki-tanaka-i-love-to-imagine-alternate-realities/#43aeb5784f5f

>At this point Tanaka’s manager Hirofumi Adachi was quick to comment, “As was mentioned earlier, Mr. Tanaka had no involvement with the OVA version of Legend of the Galactic Heroes, directed by Noboru Ishiguro. Production continues on the new Legend of the Galactic Heroes anime, scheduled for release in Fall 2017. For this project, we have set up a system whereby Mr. Tanaka reviews the notes from each meeting that involves important elements of the series composition and other elements essential to the core direction of the project, and can order any changes that he deems necessary. However, Mr. Tanaka has yet to exercise these rights or offer any guidance.”

I've heard this is a sequel.

Yang reveals he was faking his death all along and becomes the ruler of the universe.

There is no source material left for that. There were ten novels, plus a similar amonut of gaiden, with the last one published in 1989. The author is still alive, but he's moved on.

At least he finished the series definitively in his lifetime, preventing a Robert Jordan or Frank Herbert kind of event.

>“I enjoy bundling up in bed and napping during the winter or when it’s cold. Right now, I’m pretty captivated by the American presidential election.”

He's literally Yang

Has anyone read the first book yet?

>Civil war as all the generals want more power or wont retire
>Mittenmeyer and Muller would be part of the loyalists, defending Mariendorf
>Julian manipulates the situation, escalating and delaying the conflict to give the republicans more power and fame across the empire
>Probably a weaker Republic vs a stronger Constitutional Monarchy

Last but not least
>Author has to finally stop sucking Reinhard's dick

>implying the author won't suck Alexander's dick

Either republican vs. monarchist civil war or a constitutional monarchy and limited self-governance for Heinessen to satisfy the republicans. I don't think there were enough competent admirals left in the Empire to facilitate a monarchist coup against Mariendorf, she would definitely have the majority of support, and she would have Mittermeyer on her side guaranteed.

I always wondered when Reinhard's son would take power. Isn't Mariendorf just a temporary regent?

Yeah she rules on behalf of Reinhard's son until he's old enough to rule himself, which would probably be in his teens if we're basing this upon history.

I'd much rather Tanaka write a sequel than this adaptation be a re-telling.

Why did Schenkopp had to die lads? He didn't even become a grandfather like he promised to Julian.

He was too good for this world.

I was going to buy it but
>Tanaka's nearly 35-year-old plot has aged rather poorly; with its overwhelmingly male-dominated story and shallow female characters, it's hard to find a place for this series among today's more nuanced SF.

If this bothers you so much, maybe you can find yourself on tumblr instead.

Politics is overwhelmingly male-dominated and its' female characters are shallow. (Hillary, anyone?) Your point?

Have you two not seen Publishers Weekly's in depth, detailed and well researched review of the translation?

Kill yourself.

I looked it up now. Wish I hadn't.

>aged rather poorly
>today's more nuanced SF
Well, there you have it.
The new sci-fi SJW commissars don't just fight the reactionary Sad Puppies in the present, they also reach into the past and purge sci-fi's history of works that are counter to the revolutionary spirit.

I think my favorite part is how they act like SciFi today is somehow better or more mature than it was 30 years ago. SciFi might be more popular nowadays, but its still stuck in the ghetto.

publishersweekly.com/978-1-4215-8494-2
>Huddleston's prose is so slavishly devoted to Tanaka's original Japanese text that the path towards the meat of the book quickly becomes a slog.
That's a feature, not a bug. I use the translation as a grammar reference for the original moon.

Jesus Christ this is awful

At least it's the kind of review that this site's intended audience needs and deserves.

>overwhelmingly male-dominated story and shallow female characters

Is this a ruse of some kind?

DUTDUTDUT

>unorthodox tactical maneuvers
I think this guy just watched the series or something, at least in the first book they time after time say that what they do are mostly orthodox tactics just in the right time

DELET

I really doubt that reviewer watched the show, much less that they even knew it existed before being tasked with reviewing the book.

Well it ended with Heinessen granted autonomy so I think that the government would continue increasing local autonomy to different regions HRE style

is there any actual review on the strategy?
i cant understand shit and some of them seem like uber

Since Reinhard was basically Alexander the Great, I'd expect the same that happened when Alexander died would happen after him.

His generals would fight for power, his infant son would be murdered and his empire would be forever divided.

Yeah the maneuvers were extremely orthodox, too orthodox in many cases.

Is there an issue if it's male dominated when the females are probably the most competent in the series? Proportions aren't as big of a deal as character.