Yuki Yuna is a Hero

People were bringing YYY up in the early Haifuri threads, so I decided to give it a go.
Everything felt really great at first - it didn't have the originality or the art of Madoka, and the characters were not as well designed, but it felt like it had a more solid backstory, as well as a better developed dark side.
But suddenly, that ending. I was getting ready to hit up the Madoka general and scold the fandom for their inferior taste, but the asspull knocked the wind right out of the sails.

What did you think about it, Sup Forums?

I think you'd look cute in a dress.

Why not post it in a haifuri thread?

You haven't read the sequel and prequel works, and the finale while rushed was the only ending that could have been thematically consistent and create the required mood-whiplash in the audience.

Can people not just look this up on the archive instead of making a thread every time somebody finishes it?

Yuyuyu was friggin' epic faggot

>the originality of Madoka

>madoka
Stopped reading right there

>YuYuYu
>Good in anyway

I will never understand this shit taste

Every time, people who weren't there wish that Christmas had been ruined.

Fuck off edgyfag.

All 5 of them are good girls and that's why I cheer for them and wish for their happiness.

On madoka I only care about homu, and madoka just because she's homu waifu. The rest I don't care.

Honestly, I'm kind of tired of explaining the same goddamn argument every time someone finishes the show.

I want a Yuuna poster for a boyfriend.

Sonoko best girl

This user here knows what he's talking about.

>Yuuna punches everything into daijoubu.
Plots tend to follow the "do the simplest thing that could possibly work" rule.

I want Yuuna to punch me into daijoubu.

Why people still comparing Madoka with YYY? At least Madoka isn't shit

Staring intensely at the wall, as if to make sure no enemy would attempt to come back.
Her crimson outfit, now painted bright red with her own blood.
The girl stood still.

>any franchise with Rebellion as a movie
>not shit

A work where you need to read side material to figure out the ending is a failure. It'd be like if we only learn where witches come from in Kazumi Magica or any of Madoka's endless milk-that-cow spinoffs.

The ending makes more sense if you think Yuuna is still fighting Vertex without anyone else knowing. Her fainting was her going into Forestize and back again.

Plus it's written by the same guy as Walmart Fate/Zero, aka Akame ga Kill.

Figures, since YYY is Walmart Madoka.

You do not need to read anything to figure out the ending, it just adds some extra depth to the story via side stories which don't even involve all the same characters or take place in the same periods of time.
The ending is pretty silly but well, it is what it is, if anything reading the other material only makes the ending worse.

>Walmart Fate/Zero, aka Akame ga Kill
Jesus.

Yuyuyu was a multimedia story from the very start, with even the pacing of the anime determined by what chapters of the prequel LN were coming out alongside it. All of Madoka's extra material are just after-the-fact spinoffs. The point remains that if you wanted a bad ending, this was never the series for you, as there was no way it could pull it off and remain consistent.

How many times does it need to be posted that this theory has been moot ever since Sonoko After?

If there's something the show does really well it's the foreshadowing, it's no wonder if just flies by most people though.

This. It covered a lot of what was going on by showing, not telling; which means the popcorn gallery aren't going to notice it. And so the same set of infographics have to get trotted out every bloody time.

Until it stop making the most sense.

So immediately after Sonoko After came out, over a year ago?

Nope.

There's really no point responding if you're just going to say "yup, I'm happy to just blindly ignore that my pet theory contradicts the actual epilogue :^)".

You'll be proven wrong. Just like everyone else!

Homu a shit, how can somebody care for her?

It's been over a year and you're still buttmad about the same speculah. And don't pretend it's not the case, I remember you from the finale discussion threads.

Somebody's paranoid and has an inflated sense of self-importance. No, and I don't think anyone other than you has any idea who you think you're talking about.

It was a sensible speculation at the time, but it died the instant Sonoko After made it clear that everyone is preparing to return to battle, and sooner rather than later, anyway. It's a manifestation of whatever strange thing that Sonoko speculated happened when Yuuna touched the core.

Nobody does. She is the modt hated character and everyone wants her to die alone, just like Togo in this show. Togo is not loved by Yuuna and she tried to murder everyone on earth over her unrequited obsession and paranoia. The fact she didn't die for that is insulting and far more shitty than the asspull ending. I hope Yuuna abandons her for good in a future project, but I probably won't watch it since this show was awful.

There was more than one thing for them to keep consistent. They uphold the ultimately positive nature of the genre, confirm the power of friendship and validate yuna's optimism. But what about the rest?
The gods themselves sentence the girls to an eternal life of disability, and their coping together becomes a significant theme in the series. The curse is then canceled for an unclear reason and things pretty much snap back to normal.
This show whips up some great cosmic horror. Evangelion wished it were that good. Tougou's revelation beyond the wall, and the snapping of her stoic ojousan persona - priceless. And this universe-scale disaster that the gods themselves couldn't handle is transformed into a non-issue without a satisfying explanation.

If this is all a result of Tougou's tantrum - the gods deciding to lay easy on the girls and move on (to other heroes/to other means of defending the universe) - then it demolishes the whole idea of the girls deriving power from supporting each other and staying together - since everything was solved by Tougou going out of line.

If this is a result of change in the fabric of the universe due to the wall destruction or Yuna's mankai, then it's poorly explained. And if it were so, it also blows up the idea of cooperating as a group. Yuna achieving godhood on a fluke and bailing out her friends doesn't sound like friends sticking together - it sounds like a friend making it on his own and coming back to share with his friends.

I don't understant what is the point that you wanna discuss

I want to fuck Yuuna

user, even me didn't think that madoka is great, good yes but great no and ain't complain about rebellion

>They uphold the ultimately positive nature of the genre, confirm the power of friendship and validate yuna's optimism.
It's not about the genre, it's about the whole point of the show. It had to return to the same kind of slice-of-life it had at the start, because that difference in audience perception of the same content before and after it seemed like it was gone forever was the whole reason it was created. It needed that whiplash change to work, and Yuuna's optimism as well as the five tenets were simply some of the means it was baked into the core of the story.

>And this universe-scale disaster that the gods themselves couldn't handle is transformed into a non-issue without a satisfying explanation.
It's not a non-issue. Humanity is still besieged and the entire world outside the wall is still literally hell.

>If this is all a result of Tougou's tantrum...
>If this is a result of change in the fabric of the universe due to the wall destruction or Yuna's mankai...
It's neither of these things. The Hero Club fighting for each other despite the costs gave Shinju faith in humanity fighting for its own survival rather than living on in blissful ignorance rather than putting the burden on a handful of divine sacrifices, hence the new mass-production system and and whatever the mysterious offensive plan involving "seeds" is. Tougou's tantrum for the sake of her friends' suffering was part of that, but so was Karin's battle ("Behold, the power of the Hero Club!") and Itsuki's acceptance and Fuu's anger and Yuuna's Yuunaness.

If anything, Yuuna is the outlier here, because whatever actually happened to her in the final battle is the one thing that's part of an external force not known or controlled by the Taisha / Shinju.

Fuck off to fate threads if you are so fanatic about pushing fanfic shit.

When the Leo Starcluster is destroyed, the energies released give the Shinju a major power-up beyond what had had for years -- pic related. So enough to restore the wall and the sacrifices.