Hey g/a/ping anuses! Please tell me best 2003 anime!

Hey g/a/ping anuses! Please tell me best 2003 anime!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J_DV9b0x7v4
youtube.com/watch?v=vonHDBVzu6I
youtube.com/watch?v=XphjF-fHZkM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Erased is my fav 2003

Boku no Pico

cyck

Texhnolyze, hands down.

According to this it was either Planetes or FMA 2003

I just realized that this season's Haifuri is basically a remake of Stratos 4, except Air Force instead of Navy.
Evil boss wasn't hamsters, but something like that.

Bible Black

Maburaho was OK harem; basically another To Love Ru prototype.

You missed Cromartie.

Narue was a nice Mary Sue.

Kino no Tabi, officially and objectively.

Wow, a lot of good ones in that year

>FMA

Stellvia was a favorite in the early days of Sup Forums.
Season 2 never.
Crying little Shipons.

Sup Forums loved Kino
original DFC

Popotan was more famous for the meme, but the show was OK too. Bittersweet time travel story, with mild ecchi.
youtube.com/watch?v=J_DV9b0x7v4

Someday's Dreamers had beautiful artwork, but the show wasn't very memorable.

Man this was a cl/a/ssic for a long time. We even have like two Sup Forums headers for it. Sucks that everyone forgot about it

>Wolf's Rain
>Gash Bell
>Last Exile
>Kino
>Texhnolyze
>Shadow Star Narutaru
>FMP
>Cromartie
>Gilgamesh
>Planetes
>FMA
>Gungrave
>Gunslinger Girl
What a fucking year

So since this was when Sup Forums was founded which of these did Sup Forums watch as it was airing or was that not really a thing yet?

Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi was mostly about the brown loli.

Look at those classic harems and ecchi shows. No LN battle shit here

I still have them.
Nobody remembers the Hawaiian Punch censor gag.

Where the fuck are the mods?

The other one was crying little Shipons.

>Gilgamesh

Now there's a real heap of shit i just about nearly forgot about stuffed away in the dusty archives of my mind.

Just terrible

Texhnolyze

I thought it was okay, ignoring the horrendous animation.

Sup Forums died several times in 2003. BT didn't really take off until 2004. I watched most of this stuff on DVD / Netfilx. It was the golden age of ADV / Pioneer / RightStuf, etc.

those dead empty stares everyone had man...

fucking beats Initial D's even.

Tenshi no Shippo was pretty bad, but Konata referred to it once in Lucky Star.

Sup Forums wasn't a thing in 2003, Sup Forums was anime/random
And being 2003, most currently airing shows weren't subbed.

Sub groups back then took months to sub episodes and not every show would be subbed and some would get dropped to never be continued again.

Horriblesubs sucks but the one positive they have is that doesn't happen

I couldn't tell you the stories but it had a good atmosphere
youtube.com/watch?v=vonHDBVzu6I

Fansubbing predates BT though. Usenet, Directconnect, and IRC were all good filesharing choices for the time.

GSG's brown girl was also popular.

True, but I was on a 33.6k modem then, so not an option.
In 2004, it took me 6 hrs to DL 180MB eps of 2x2=Shinobuden. Then I upgraded to 56k modem = 3 hrs

blue hair girl was under alien mind control

That was a remnant of SA, early Sup Forums was a mix of SA and ancient japanese memes

>Ninja Scroll TV

I wonder if anyone on Sup Forums has even seen that. 2003 was a great year, but that was literally the worst thing I've ever seen

2003 shows really show their age of that early 00s digital time. Some have their own style but the more generic ones all just kind of look samey

Yeah, it's really depressing.
Sup Forums was built on the 2004-2006 seasons, and a lot of it is really unwatchable now.

Shipon is hongry.

About that, is there some shows that show a precise benchmark of sorts where the hard featured art of the 90's softened into the more moe huge eyed form of the early 2000's?

sorry if this is a weird question but i don't know how to phrase it better.

Can't agree with that, if you go and compare what's on the chart you can easily tell that the shows are different.

Flapjacks?

I blame Ruri from Nadesico. She's the first with the modern eyes.
Everyone else had 90's eyes, but she was different and popular. By the time we got to Love Hina and Mahoromatic, everyone was the same as now.

I didn't say all of them them. I said that there are some that had their own style. But for the romcom or harem or otherwise low budget shows they had that same "early 00s" flat look from anime entering the digital age and not getting it right exactly

We need to time travel to stop Sup Forums before it starts!

I was actually gonna say it was probably Love Hina's anime

Huge eyes were already around. Look at , even what that user calls "90s eyes" are massive, they're just more circular.

Never seen this but the blue haired twintail could fit right in with some run of the mill early 2000's school ecchi harem with magic powers. The rest of them look strait 90's though.

>I haven't seen Nadesica
Holy shit nigga, fix that shit right now

youtube.com/watch?v=XphjF-fHZkM

Yeah, i think i can make time for that.

Only because of those sick trumpets in the OP though.

It's amazing how much better things got around 2009-2011 with advances in CGI. Look at 1st season Hidamari Sketch vs later seasons. K-ON was kind of a big leap upward. By the time we got to Working, it stayed pretty consistent for all 3 seasons.

>hard featured art of the 90s
?

Cherry > Bloodberry >>> Lime

I remember watching onegai sensei and bleach in rmvb format. Basically had videos the size of my phone screen that I watched on PC. Files were like 40mb.

Indeed, nowadays I can barely motivate myself to watch a couple shows a season. What the fuck happened?

>onegai sensei
Onegai TEACHER. Not sensei. Never sensei.

>I wonder if anyone on Sup Forums has even seen that. 2003 was a great year, but that was literally the worst thing I've ever seen

I watches it while being newshit. All I remember that sex scene with tree waifu and cool fight scenes.

All those shows came out in different seasons user.

Like it matters anymore.

Where did you lads get your weeb fix? There used to be this forum called CyberTokyo where the owner had a massive anime DDL server. I remember trying to download all sorts of shit shows the guy stockpiled. He had hundreds of shows.

Then he suddenly closed everything down one day due to irc drama.

Good times. That forum had a warez section.

I can still count at least 3 shows per season in 2003 that I've watched, and much of my backlog is from the last decade. Maybe I'm just jaded.

>Where did you lads get your weeb fix?
Animesuki.

Once the novelty wears off and you are exposed to mediocrity, you stopped liking anime for what it is.
I like anime and enjoy mediocre fun shows. I'm watching 20 shows this season and watched 30 the previous one.