This

Get one.
Spend all you want.
Trump will pay the bill.
It will be beautiful.

better than student loans, but higher interest

Pay your bill in full, get them rewards

you will never have any savings if you use them

THIS. Why is this such a difficult concept?
Pay your balance at the end of the month = no hassle and (almost) free rewards
>inb4 goodgoy points

Get the money to pay for the product in full and then buy it with a credit card, then immediately pay off the card.

Like cocaine
Best damn thing in the world but people ruin it for everyone else them so it's controlled

As an online merchant, I hate them because of constant charge back fraud

no no that'll never work, there's no time to accrue interest

this.
get a high % cash back if you can. Citibank used to have one with 2%.
They have high interest rates but if you always pay it off, then it never accrues.
And your credit rating goes up.

Usury is an old and lucrative profession.

Built a credit score of over 800. Revolving credit is a good staple of building and maintaining a good credit history. My rule for the past 18 years has been: if I can't pay it cash, don't charge it.

Pay it off before the next statement = no interest charge.

Cash back programs are a nice perk.

Aforementioned credit history building as long as you always pay on time.

The only case I'd make for against a credit card is if you have poor self control. It's a tool to give yourself greater purchasing power. Not something to be used as supplemental cash.

How about I redpill you on credit instead?

>to get credit
>put yourself in debt
>debt = slavery
>be a good slave
>pay on time, pay off debt while having it
> credit gets raised
> god tier credit is above 800
>you'll never get above an 800 unless you get a mortgage
>what's a mortgage
>mortgage is another chain for your slavery
>mortgage independent of causes that could devalue your home in the future
>alas back to credit
> to get credit and build credit
>must have credit, stay enslaved
>can't make a large purchase and pay it off immediately
>checking your score hurts your score
>banks know all of this
>give credit cards to everyone
>people can't control their bad habits
>more people accumulate debt
> most have negative net values
>american dollar loses value

I have a credit score of 806. Never had a mortgage. I have had 2 auto loans over the past 15 years paid in full, always on time though.

>your credit rating goes up
so you can get even more credit and owe more goy

>Red pill me on X. (with no extra content or input of your own)

>accrue interest
kys

You're a first. Everyone I ever talked to about credit never had above an 800 unless they had a mortgage. Highest I ever had was a 780

Pay for the goods and services you can afford, not the ones you want. Debt is a fairly easy burden when you are young, but not so easy once you have a family to support.

Jewish scam. Stay away from credit cards.

>collecting money through usury
>not learning the lesson after the literal son of God whoops your ass

not gonna make it m8

youtube.com/watch?v=TR3Vdo5etCQ

Now that 'murica switched to EMV (lagging behind the civilized world by 20 years) you can't just go on a shopping spree and then call your CC company telling you it was stolen and that they should reimburse you.
So what's the point?

> Get a no-fee credit card from my bank
> Get 1.5% cash-back on every purchase
> Pay the full total every month
> Love it

You don't have to pay the debt on credit cards, you only legally have to pay back the principle balance.

> Equifax loses your info to hackers.

Kek.

What bank?

Why do people need credit cards when debit cards and savings accounts are a thing?

Useful tool if you know what you earn and what you spend.

Without credit card and its 2000$ limit, i could have never put down the deposit on my new flat AND pay a years worth of tax in two month.

I don't get the point of credit cards when I have a debit card. My family keep saying I need to apply and get one but I also hear horror stories and such

ISn't there a catch to this? It sounds way too good to be true. How could the bank profit from giving money back everytime someone buys something?

If I have €50,000 saved and a government job that is safe and it's obvious my money came from there, would a bank give me a mortgage despite having no credit rating from not using a credit card?

Probably not

the plastic jew

you keep it in your wallet and use it to buy shit you dont need so you go in debt. a literal usury card. every time you use it a jew gets his horns

Good for buying airline tickets in my country. That's the only purpose.

>faggots at the bank always trying to get me to sign up for one.
>tell them no.
>but you need to build up your credit.
>tell them i don't care and leave.

never had one and never will need one.
i use paypal credit online if i need to buy something expensive. there is no interest on paypal credit and i don't give a shit about having a credit score.

A credit report is the best prediction of human behavior. You will be approved or denied for high positions based on your credit. If you're fine with flipping burgers for a living don't sweat it m8.

No. You need to be in debt for them to believe you are good at managing your debt. Lol

The bank keeps around 3% of the the transaction for themselves, the retailer gets the remaining 97%. They also depend on most of their customers not paying every month in full and then paying interest, or being late and paying a late fee.

There fucking worthless, you only need one but for some reason everybody gets more. Don't fall for the banking tricks user, get a single credit card and use it wisely.

EQUIFAX HACK

aside from what said, the banks usually have higher APR on cashback cards aswell. A lot of good rewards cards have higher rates

This.

Usury

use it so you can get a good loan on important stuff later

I'm trying to improve my credit but I can't get approved for a credit card

> Got one for free frequent flyer points offer about 3 years ago
> Use it for every purchase possible
> Pay it off every 2 weeks in full
> Have never once been charged interest
> Have enough frequent flyer points for multiple international flights (currently on holiday now)
> Get free travel insurance when I do for periods up to 6 months.
> Tell the bank if they charge the annual fee I'm leaving (they waive it)

Um how are these a bad thing?

They're fucking scary.

The ultimate jewish trick.

D-DELET

>hey goys u faggots have too good credit
>just gonna leak all your info so bad people can fuck up your credit

JUST

Quite the opposite, people ruin it so for people who aren't fucking idiots you get to enjoy the rewards.

Do you think they would offer all the rewards if most consumers paid off their credit card without paying shitloads of interest over a long period of time?

Pfft get a load of this goy, am I right?

Don't even bother

want to be redpilled?
stay off the grid
1. Use prepaid debit cards if you need to pay with plastic - otherwise, pay in cash.
2. Use a VPN
3. Use a burner phone - you don't need a smartphone
4. Get a ghost address
5. Get a New Mexico LLC, aka "Anonymous Shell Company and have all of your property owned by the LLC (that you own)
6. Work out and get fit
7. Be awesome

This. Do exactly this. Rough timeline:

>Get first credit card with extremely low credit limit
>Use it only for things I'd normally buy with cash
>Pay off every week
>Over time, score increases
>Get second card. Higher limit, some perks, no fees.
>Use second card for everything I used to buy cash, use first every once in a great while to keep it active
>Continue this for a while longer, credit continues to go up
>Get an Amex, 1.5% back on everything, more in certain things, much higher limit (More than the first 2 cards combined)
>Amex is primary, use other 2 cards occasionally to keep them active. Total credit limit of all 3 cards ensures I have excellent credit utilization at all times, though I still pay off every week.
>Credit score peaks at ~810, extremely strong credit history
>No problem whatsoever getting mortgage this past year

I had almost no credit history of any kind before I got my first card, the above happened within 4-5 years or so.

If you're using a debit card for everything currently, almost nothing changes, you just have to pay it off weekly rather than it debiting your checking/savings at the time of transaction. If you're not a retard you won't be spending any more money than you are now, and if you get cashback on everything or even some things you'll actually be spending less over time.

-Don't let interest accrue, pay off weekly

-Don't get a card with a fee unless you can take FULL advantage of whatever benefits it gets you (Hotels, flights, cashback, etc) and have the time and patience to get and redeem those rewards. You need to get more in rewards than your fee. Even then only do it if it's stuff you're currently spending money out of pocket on.

- You want to build your overall limit as well as credit history. Get the number of cards that you care to keep active, and update your income information as it rises to get limit increases on your cards. Don't cancel a card or let it lapse, this will hurt your score in most cases.

>all these people with so little self control that they are afraid to have an object that could ruin their life if they lose all long term decision making ability
pathetic.

If you're not a child and you take your finances seriously you can utilise one with no problems, just sit down and read the pamphlet. The terms and conditions of one card is very different to another. Most credit unions or banks offer different kinds of credit cards that suit your person needs.
The best way to see a credit card is that its like being preapproved for a small loan of (credit limit) with an annual interest rate of (credit card %per annum)

also assess what you plan on using it for, your income, your expenses and your ability to save, here's a hint : if you can't save then don't touch a credit card.

That's so funny. Your banks are a scam.

People that are afraid of credit cards or claim they don't need them are entirely ignorant of how credit works.

Pay your shit weekly. Never carry a balance. Never pay interest. Never buy anything on credit you couldn't pay cash (That fucking day. Not "I'll have the cash by tomorrow, I'll charge it today!"). Your credit score will increase.

Take Dave Ramsey's FPU class, it'll change your life

>2. Use a VPN
What do I need to know about this user? Is it free? My internet provider will still have a record, no?

Get one with the best rewards plan you can find/get approved for, pay all bills you can with it (typically can't pay mortgage), as well as all other expenses, and pay it off in full every month. Literally costs you no more per month than paying cash/debit/check and even discourages spending because you see a big hit instead of nickle and diming yourself. You get free money from your rewards and build your credit with no downside. Plus you have an out in an emergency.

This thread is full of retards who signed up for every credit card they were offered at 18 and ran up their debt because they are shit with money. Credit cards are only bad if you're a moron who treats them like free money (so bad for most people).

do research on both internet providers (if you can have a choice where you live) as well as VPNs
>the good ones are not free
>the free ones sell your data profile

do you live in a house that you paid cash for up front?

what I did was pick cards that only offer a 0 annual fee and a 0% interest for 9/12/whatever months. you get the card and go nuts on it making sure to never miss a payment (I would usually buy guns or larger orders of ammo) and pay it all off before the into period runs out, then you just let it chill in your wallet until you really really absolutely need it. I have so many cards and can literally buy a 60k car on pure credit if I wanted, but I haven't paid a cent of interest or annual fees since I got my first card.
THAT is how you out Jew the Jews.

no mortgage
3 auto loans (2 paid)
like 8 or 10 credit cards totalling 60k or so
0 balance total
all hard pulls have expired
entire credit history is absolutely 100% spotless
literally the only detriment is the low average age, if that wasn't such a big factor in the score it would probably be like 820

Still can, there's no PIN, just a chip and you sign for it. Literally pointless.

Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson would hate you if you used them