Does anyone actually use AB? It seems like most of you use either nyaa or XDCC

Does anyone actually use AB? It seems like most of you use either nyaa or XDCC.

Also does anyone care about ratios? I'm still stuck on infinite ratio though people in the AB told me that I should leave "aka-chan" level and become a full-fledged "member" because reasons.

Other urls found in this thread:

bakabt.me/torrent/176925/guin-saga-bd-1080p-dhd
bakabt.me/random
bakabt.me/torrent/143119/wannabes-megi
bakabt.me/torrent/161834/anta-nanka-daikirai-i-hate-people-like-you
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=771182&showfiles=1
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=509968
bakabt.me/offer.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>XD
Fuck off.

I use AB for most stuff.

Why wouldn't you use your account if you have one?

>I'm still stuck on infinite ratio

I tend to follow current airing shows and I don't hoard backlogs.

Are you implying I should buy uploads?

I do for BDs.

I use it for completed series.

Pretty sure the only people who legit use AB for everything are delusional private tracker fags who couldn't get into a real private tracker. Everything available there is available freely on Nyaa or lolbakabt without an account even if you prefer. I won't pretend some things aren't better seeded on AB, hence I even have an account myself, but I'd rather get it anywhere else first.

It's not real money you asshat. You get yen by keeping your torrents online.

>meme trackers

no thanks

When did I ever mention or imply money, genius?

>XDCC
I know you can do this for HS shit, but is there a way to do it for completed series?

Only do when in freeleech or I can't find it on nyaa and bakabt.
It goes bakabt > nyaa > AB

Then what's the problem? Yes, you should buy upload credit.

I used it for a while, but I found almost no point to it when Bakabt (Yeah, I know that they don't allow some anime because of legal reasons) and Nyaa exist.

There are benefits to using it, however. Many older series that have almost (or no) seeders are alive and well on there. You won't be able to find a 720p release of Mushishi anywhere else, either.

Yes. I literally use AB more than any other tracker

Why would someone not go to AB first?
BakaBT has no sub options, and they take months to approve a series.
They also have tons of stuff missing.

Nyaa is good for airing stuff but garbage for completed series. The layout is shit and seeders aren't very common.
Well, more for me I guess.

>have AB account for years without downloading anything
>hounded by "your account has been inactive for so and so long; log in or it'll be closed in X days" messages
>finally let it lapse
>some time shortly after I decide to watch Guin Saga
>bakabt doesn't have it and all the nyaa links are dead
Fuck

You literally just need to visit the home page once every few months.

Doesn't AB do ongoing series now?

What?

Is that sth like jpopsuki?

It's still in the testing phase for the most part, but yes.

AB now has airing stuff too.

You can have your account enabled at the support irc channel.

Just use XDCC or other methods. You are probably just bad at searching.

I mostly use Bakabt but I keep an AB account with some stuff because you never know

I always look on BakaBt first since you don't need an account and thus no need to seed.

I use it mostly for batches of shows I want to watch since most have decent seeders.

It's pretty handy to have an account but isn't necessary.

AB best works as a backup tracker for stuff you don't easily find elsewhere. They also have some serviceable BD remuxes.

The community should be avoided.

xdcc batch x-y
Good for old releases of groups that are still active.

>Guin Saga
>bakabt doesn't have it
bakabt.me/torrent/176925/guin-saga-bd-1080p-dhd

Are you retarded?

I just found out we can use bakabt without an account again.

bakabt.me/random
I got
bakabt.me/torrent/143119/wannabes-megi

>The community should be avoided
Took me 10 months to figure this out. I thought that because it was a private tracker for anime, members taste would be better, but after last season I found out ABs taste is MAL tier. Fucking Boku Dake won AOTS and will most likely be in ABs top 50.

bakabt.me/torrent/161834/anta-nanka-daikirai-i-hate-people-like-you

You know you could just search this (for example)
>hyouka site:bakabt.me
and get all the Hyouka torrents on there, right?

>Mushishi
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=771182&showfiles=1
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=509968
what are you talking about

At the start of may Bakabt had some problems with its tracker. It was fixed for people who had an account, but I found out today that us leechers could use it again.

>deadfish
>Non-English-translated Anime

Kill yourself.

I don't know what the problem with deadfish is

Oh...

TIme sure passes quickly, I swear I was looking around for a 720p encode of Mushishi 2 or 3 years ago and I couldn't find anything on there.

My memory sure lies to me.

Build the wall

btfo

I mean it

what servant uses fragarach?

>Does anyone actually use AB? It seems like most of you use either nyaa or XDCC.
Been a member for almost 6 years and at best it was just a backup tracker. Hell, PTP has better encodes for anime movies than AB.

Not that guy, but it's the anime equivalent of the YIFY movie reencodes.

Sure, they're smaller and can be played right about everywhere, but there is a slight loss of quality compared to the original files.

The only reason you should be using it if you have a weak computer.

I grabbed an AB account back in March when before I usually just used BakaBT, Nyaa, or otherwise finagled the shit needed to grab and was fine. AB works fine I guess though, its just another resource among the throng.

Ah ok.
Well I only used them when there was nothing else. But good to know.

>watching upscales

Why would someone put out 1080p if the show wasn't HD? Checkmate.

ab is nice for getting into other trackers

Yeah, I use AB for anything I download that's not currently airing and I use OT for hentai Manga, has better seeded torrents that ex and elsewhere even if the content selection isn't as large.

>What?
Found the newfag.

I lost two accounts for inactivity, so I never bothered again.

I only use it very rarely when I have trouble finding a very particular batch or encode. I've been suspended for inactivity once but you can just send them a message on irc to retrieve your account.

I would use it more but requiring 3 days of seeding even for freeleech torrents is retarded. I usually end up uploading about 100 MB total over that period of time at the most, unless it's something really popular, in which case I don't need to go to AB to download it.

I use it to download batches for anything completed. Using it for anything airing/recent is pretty retarded, though.

Some music is easier to get there.

I use it for all airing anime ever since they started allowing them

It's also great for music

How the fuck do you upload so quickly?
I have the torrents running for a month and they don't upload almost anything.

He probably pleases Moderators for Yen.

I wouldn't exactly say I upload "quickly" at all.

And I just leave 2-3 torrents up to seed and cycle through them every now and then, and even then it's hit/miss.
I've been seeding Penguindrum for over 5 months constant and only have a little under 12GB uploaded.

Any Sup Forumsnons in need of a sugar daddy?

I use it for whatever isnt on nyaa/bakabt (pretty much anything before the past few years is dead on nyaa, and bakabt is missing a lot of stuff because of licensing)
Its easy af to keep a decent ratio on

>I know you can do this for HS shit, but is there a way to do it for completed series?

BakaBT specializes in the best version of completed series. It's the best place to get older completed series. For the very latest series, it can take some time because they use a jury process where registered users discuss which is the best version. In that sense, it's good to have few choices because the bad choices have been eliminated. This saves you the trouble of downloading the wrong version or even a joke meme version. New items are "offered" for discussion and voting and you can go check them out at:

Latest offered items on BakaBT:
bakabt.me/offer.php

underrated post

>killing infidels is fun
post more like that please

>I don't know what the problem with deadfish is

Deadfish fansubs are re-encodes made for those with weaker CPU situations such as tablet or cheaper smartphones. It should be next to impossible for a real PC to not play the regular encodes unless that PC is busy grinding on other things like bitcoin mining, part of a botnet, or is full of malware. In such cases, you can watch deadfish encodes on such a PC.

>Why would someone put out 1080p if the show wasn't HD?

AB suffered from the upscale problem because users wanted to upload something to improve their ratio. By re-encoding something to be 1080p out of their 720p, they'd have something that others would download. The same with MP3. AB users upscaled 128k or 256k files to be 320k in order to have something new that others would download. 320k files would be upscaled to FLAC on AB.

So that is why you have to be wary on AB of the quality of the item you are downloading.

Did they remove the "add release" button?
I want to upload a different release of something and usually there's a button that allows you to add something while keeping most of the meta data that others filled in already, but I can't find it. Been looking for 20 minutes now.

Weird. [Add format] is there for anime, but not for VNs.

Didn't the mods started to regulate that shit?

That's rule-breaking (i.e., will get your upload privileges revoked or outright banned) and fucking retarded, since seeding is super easy on AB. I've always been swimming in Yen, even back when I had a very slow connection, and all 1080p releases are on freeleech.
I haven't noticed upscales besides HS and think that that's easy to crack down on.

Alright. Problem solved: I was on the series page the whole time. You can reach the release pages by clicking on "visual novel", or "anime" or whatever you're uploading, above the titles.

All the mods blow assholes

That's because PTP has actual competent encoders, rather than teenagera who read a short tutorial. Golden Popcorn releases are in-house.

Blossom is a cunt. He and yur1 are unbearable.

>all these butthurt faggots who were too casual to get in
I've used AB literally every day for 6 or 7 years now. I still use fansubber's sites for airing shows, jpopsuki for non-anime music and Subeki for eroge/etc but everything for everything else, I go to AB.

All the new ones made in the last two years are cunts. And IDC is ruined again by another faggot mod.

Nyaa is my first choice, BBT is my second, and AB is my third. I still end up downloading from there fairly often since it generally has the most series and a reasoable amount of seeds for all of them. It's easy to keep your ratio up but I hate having to seed so I still avoid it.

Better to have and not need than need and not have and all that.