Right wing pro-military NIPON BANZAI anime like GuP and Kancolle is selling gangbusters

>right wing pro-military NIPON BANZAI anime like GuP and Kancolle is selling gangbusters
>shows that dare to criticize the Japanese government and speak out against militarization like Concrete Revolution or Terror in Resonance flop
When did otaku get so right-wing conservative, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Am_aHKUh-uc
content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,820350,00.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>one is mindless shit for pedos
>the other requires you pay attention

Hm, I wonder.

Japan was always right wing as fuck regardless of their cartoons being edgier than western cartoons.

Also Terror in Resonance is bad; like Akame ga Kill

>GuP
>Kancolle
You mention these and not GATE?
Get the fuck out.

GuP isn't right wing. Or really political at all. Thank You No Terror was shit and deserved not to sell.

And they're always been pretty right-wing so far as I can tell.

Wasn't Thank You no Terror shit?

>only americucks are allowed to be patriotic

>The TV series, which ran last year, featured the girls commanding old and modern tanks accurately drawn to scale. To get those details right, staff from Bandai Visual, an animation unit of computer game maker Namco Bandai, were granted access to the Ground Self-Defense Force’s tank school and other SDF facilities.

>Doing research is right-wing
Okay.

Show about tanks has animators look at tanks. Obviously the sign of a political agenda.

>if anyone else does it they are terrorists

>NIPON BANZAI anime like GuP and Kancolle is selling gangbusters
>Iowa gets added to KanColle
>easily the strongest Fast Battleship in the game
Nippon Banzai as fuck.

there are plenty of leftist anime

OP is a retard again, well color me surprised!

Western cartoons actually dealt with adult themes and material far more frequently during the 40s and 50s, when culture was dictated by "backwards, oppressive conservatives".

Western animation was only neutered after politics and culture had begun to liberalize to excess.

Go figure.

Okay but consider this:
Oorai is clearly the Japanese team, despite not using Japanese themed tanks.
They then fight the other Imperial powers in order- England, America, Russia, and finally the king of Imperialism, Germany.
They draw with England, but honestly the Japanese didn't have a serious rivalry- the whole Japanese invasion of the British Eastern colonies was a fucking joke in terms of British defense. It was just a warmup.
Then, they had the Americans, who really fought the war in the pacific through massive overwhelming materiel advantage. Then the Russians, who the Japanese have had a rivalry with for just about as long as they've been active players in the part of the world. Then finally, the Nazis, who the Japanese were allied with but not exactly on the best terms.
More importantly with the defeat of the German school, it's about how the Japanese-ness of Oorai could defeat the current imagined thing when you say "military empire", especially in their nominal time period.

But yeah, maybe I'm reading in too deep.

>Oorai is clearly the Japanese team
No, they are not. The Japanese team is Chi-Ha Tan which uses all-Japanese tanks.

Feels like conservative issues were mostly born from Bush and excess bible thumping.

Then again conservatives these days aren't much better then SJW liberals knowing there's more Ted Cruz and Utahs out there.

hollywood was dominated by leftists in the 30s and 40s (they were all purged in the red scare), now it relies on sweet pentagon cash to portray the US military as almighty and infallible--a movie like the grapes of wrath would never get greenlighted today

what happened was that, for whatever reason, cartoons became associated with children in the west, and adult-oriented cartoons only started to come back with the simpsons

yeah GuP is just SoL moe, right-wing anime would be GATE or SnK

GuP barely has any SoL. It's a sports anime.

Because the left wing cultural marxists control society and now being a Nazi is the ultimate way to rebel against faggot normalfags.

If you want to bring that in, then consider Oorai to be the modern incarnation of Japan as the protagonist insert team.

Also would be stretching it waaaay too far for any tank nerds to have Japanese tanks be successful.

You have it completely wrong and are definitely looking too deep into it. GuP is just a hot-blooded sports anime with the added bonus of cute girls and tanks.

Shikinami a shit.

>Also would be stretching it waaaay too far for any tank nerds to have Japanese tanks be successful.
The Japanese school, Chi-Ha-Tan IS pretty incompetent. Just look at what they did at the start of the movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=Am_aHKUh-uc

back to Sup Forums with you

This.
Read the manga dip shit. Oorai is tanoshii tanks. Having this much energy after work is why america was never great, just big pile shit capable to suffocate resistance with poopslide.

>and finally the king of Imperialism, Germany.

What the fuck do they teach in school these days?

Because GuP and Kancolle are moeshit garbage and brainless weaboo buys a lot of this trash.

That sounds like desperation. If not using Japanese tanks isn't enough to stop Oorai being "the Japanese team" then nothing would. Having them fight anything other than major millitary powers would be dumb (assuming it's a given that the teams are country-themed). And having them win is necessary for the sports-anime plot to work.

That claim doesn't at all match the development of comic books dealing with adult themes and including adult visuals, which should mirror the development of the same thing in animation.

Your revered conservative 40s and 50s brought forth regulations such as the Comic Code Authority (1954), which extremely restricted comics by, for example, demanding that good must ALWAYS triumph over evil, and that instances of law enforcement officers dying as a result of a criminal's activities are to be discouraged.
content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,820350,00.html

It only started getting better in the 80s. Hell, DC Comics stopped participating in the CCA in freaking 2011, and I doubt you'd say that 2011 was a particular conservative time.

Face it: Conservative governments did all they could to prevent mature themes and conserve bible thumping.

Germany as you know it didn't exist until the 1870's, I didn't know britain was so easy to overtake in a few years.
I guess noone really tried until then

Fucking normalfags

Hey man don't lump all right wingers in with no fun allowed bible thumpers.

Hell with Ted Cruz's defeat the right wing in America is now being defined by Populist Nationalism rather than religious conservationism(which is honestly egalitarian cuck faggotry)

Not to mention that SJW's are the no fun allowed puritans of our time.

Concrete Revolution seemed more like a deconstruction of classic hero shows by making the "Good Guys" the real, unsympathetic villains of the story.

>hurr durr i'm a retarded shota who just committed genocide but it's not my fault i'm dumb look at how kawaii i am uguu~
>i'm the evil witch and only care about getting dicks
>i'm sinister japanese government bureaucrat and profiting off monster weaponization

that dude who was half-car was right to rebel against them and try to crash the system. he was a true hero.

Yeah okay.

I don't understand.

Is the vita game good?

>cute girls in the military sell
>weird homage to old anime and some catastrophe of a suspense anime don't
What a shock.

GATE is nothing compared to either of those franchises.

It's not from the vita game, Iowa got added to the main browser game last week.

>Italia
Noice. Didn't know they have ships from other non-J countries besides Germany and the USA already.

So is she better than the other ships? I am guessing so by those numbers and her level compared to the other ones.

Liberal nonsense is why comics escaped the Silver Age and cartoons had a great era in the 90s to 2007.

Extremist liberals trying too hard to care about hurt feelings is why bullshit is happening today

tl;dr extremists regardless of side ruin everything

She has the highest firepower out of all fast battleships in the game so yes. She just costs a ton to sortie, although not as much as the hotels.

She has the highest firepower out of all fast battleships in the game so yes. She just costs a ton to sortie, although not as much as the hotels.

Italia has been around for a whole year. So has Roma, and Libeccio.

Japan is simply sick of being a dickless pussy and I'm proud of them for growing a pair

>Kancolle
>small c

G Reco sold decently considering it got exiled to a super late night timeslot. I mean being a Gundam series probably helped a bit but it was definitely against militarization.

When you get too extreme in either direction you loop around to basically the same bullshit, the only difference being the justification given

>being right-wing is a bad thing
When will this stupid meme end?

It's more that Japan re-militarizing right now could possibly be a fucking stupid idea.

>nationalism is bad meme
They're all japaneses in GuP and the actual japan team is trash.

It's not bad, it's just stupid.

Internationalist alert.

That's the first time I hear this term and it sounds really stupid.