Inheritable Diseases

What are your thoughts on how this should be handled? Should people be allowed to create a child that is guaranteed to suffer? Should they have the freedom? What is the best solution?

from now on my new word for shit is trump
op your thread is trump

Dude that's just Casey Niestat

>What are your thoughts on how this should be handled?
with a bat.

God put about as much effort on that kid's face as user does MS Paint drawings.

Aborted

>best solution
not your seed, not your business.

Euthenasia. That is, the doctor-assisted suicide variety. A person should not be forced to live with an inherited deformity that would earn them nothing but prejudiced ridicule. Moreover, the rest of us should not be forced to cope mentally and emotionally with such a person (e.g. thinking about the other person's suffering).

don't you think that filename is a little ruff?

It's edgy man, don't you get it?

I really don't know how the fuck the parents put up with shit like this. I get that it's your offspring and everything, but man... just put this one out of its misery and have others for fucks sake

If it can be detected and solved through generic engineering early on them it should be done. Otherwise, abort as soon as it's known.

I work taking care of people with diseases/disabilities like this.

Whats really sad is when their families who made the "moral" and "godly" choice to allow them to be born just leave them in a home and visit once a year for an hour.

Such a selfish choice in the end, getting to live all high and mighty by making the "tough choice" and take the credit for being strong. All the while the always suffering illformed collection of cells that they birthed gags on their own spit, writhing in pain and unable to express anything other than "unnguuooooooghjjjjjj" stuck staring at the ceiling all day for the rest of their "life".

Working with this population really makes eugenics and population control seem like a no brainer.

This. I couldn't do it.

Reddit tier joke
Le very funny xD

Is this funded privately or publicly? I'd be surprised that yanks publicly fund an institution to babysit tards

It staggers my mind that there are people narcissistic enough to reproduce when they know they're likely to have a doomed child.
We need genetic therapies already. People aren't willing to implement eugenics the harsh way, so it's time we moved to the soft way.

I still don't get why eugenics, even in the most benign forms, triggers so much controversy.

That reminds me when I was so goddamn furious during the ice bucket challenge when some guy basically said "my pops died when he was 40s to ALS, my wife and I will probably die to ALS in our 50s and our children too"

YOU HAVE A STRONG GENETIC PREDISPOSITION TO AN INCURABLE DISEASE THAT HAS 40 GENETIC SUBVARIANTS
AND YOU DECIDED TO BREED WITH SOMEONE WHO ALSO HAS A STRONG GENETIC PREDISPOSITION
WHY
TO MAKE ULTRA GENETICALLY PREDISPOSED CHILDREN
WHICH WILL BE DEPENDENT ON HEALTH CARE AND THANKS TO THIS HEALTH CARE LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO SPREAD IT EVEN FURTHER BECAUSE EMBRYO CRISPR-CAS9 IS A BIG NO-NO

FUUUUUUUCK

My dads side of the family carries the gene for Charcot Marie Tooth. He has it, half his cousins have it.

Hope to god that I didn't pass it to my kids.

I give you a better question. I have Crohn's disease. Inheritability is anywhere between 2-5 percent for my kids (going up to 25 percent if my wife has Crohn's too). General population incident is 0.1 to 0.3 percent depending on where you are and up to 1 percent on Askhenazi Jews.

So, should I not have kids? Should Ahkenazi Jews be dissallowed to have kids or marry each other? Should I be disallowed to marry someone with Crohn's?

Absolutely. We have already interfered with natural selection. We should at least interfere to make improvements instead of actual abominations.

Exactly! It Should be viewed an inoculation against such diseases. It is cruel to perpetuate such things.

Crohn's is a complex disease, a product of inappropriate immune reactions to gut microbes in a genetically predisposed host. As a classic complex disease, it is a combo of genetic and environmental factors.

Any clinical geneticist will tell you that you can have kids without any testing, unless you have a very-early onset form, which usually carries a much higher genetic factor (ex. IL10 pediatric Crohn's).

However, monogenic ("Mendelian") diseases that are quite common in Aschkenazi and can be prevent via embyro selection or in vivo modification. They can still have healthy kids, with embryo selection.

Pure bred dogs and horses are often probe to particular problems as well. We really need to get on our genetic editing game.

Combination of public/private funding at my facility, however anyone in America born with a debilitating disease/illness automatically gets free/subsidized healthcare for their entire life.

Extermination is the only solution for this genetically inferior garbage.

How do I get on that and are the genetically debilitating qualifiers determined by some list or what? There's clearly something wrong with me and it's genetic.

I wouldn't mind kids in a few years (currently 25)
My wife doesn't because she has asperger's, arrhythmia and a joint condtion which she fears the chances of passing those down to a child.

My genes are pretty healthy barring hereditary arthritis and cancers (which are both getting closer to being cured in the near future)

Do you think she will change her mind when the biological clock kicks in and says make some babies?

Doctor here. Genetic counseling exists. But since people can get gibs with a subhuman child they go along with it. Cost a ton of money, resources and time. The fucking hippie liberals keep anything in line *duh if you believe strong enough a cure will be discovered and your baby will get a full life*

compulsory sterilization
next question

Oh pierre you really missed that one.

Some people see deliberate engineering of future generations as a condemnation of inferiority upon those already living. Just another example of where feelings have trumped logic.

What has Mesut Ozil got to do with this?

>What are your thoughts on how this should be handled? Should people be allowed to create a child that is guaranteed to suffer? Should they have the freedom? What is the best solution?
So long as the unfortunate souls don't require any assistance from the government, the government should stay out of it.

Inheritable death

Looks like a regular slav to me