youtube.com/watch?v=mmG8gve8qKc
youtube.com/watch?v=yAdZr_wxEp4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>season 2
Wasn't that the movie?

I want to kiss Kumiko on the cheek.

Is the movie out already?

She doesn't want that

No, the movie is just a recap of season 1. Season 2 confirmation was just leaked a couple weeks ago.

Pervert

Cute Tuba Family

Hazuki is their ADD daughter?

I have to admit, I went in for reina, but stayed for kumiko.
reina is boring shit.

I also can't wait for the KumikoxReina pair to be confirmed canon so we can put all shitposts to rest.

Rude.

Can I bully Reina?
I mean is that actually theoretically possible?

she has autism, so yes. pls bully her

Just tell her that she's not special and nobody cares about how good she is at an instrument that sounds like a fart.

I want to kiss Kumiko on the feet.

I want Ribbons to tie her ribbon around my dick

>hating on based trumpet

Fuck the trumpet.
Every single player is an autistic cunt.

I can't wait for Kumiko's memefaces.

I like Reina, but Kumiko is so great it's not even close. Her humor, the way she handles things and confronts others, her cynical views, so more or less her personality in general are what made Hibike one of my favorite shows. It's so enjoyable seeing Kumiko interact with others and how she deals with the problems she encounters along the way.

And it seems like the other characters of the show appreciate her a lot as well.
She's one of the few people Asuka actually respects and finds interesting.
She is one of the reasons Natsuki decided to stop slacking.
She is probably the only person Reina is interested in.
Midori was really fond of her development and how she wanted to handle Hazuki being slightly down because of the rejection.
She was the one who had enough empathy to recognize Hazuki's struggles with failure and initiated the play to make her find joy in playing music again.
She was one of the few who actually got involved in the Aoi drama.
Even Ribbon apparently gave a shit about what she thought about the match between Kaori and Reina and Kumiko spoke her brutally honest opinion declaring that Reina was better which probably left a big impression.
Also there was the really nice discussion between her and Sensei and they were actually talking about personal stuff like his father and music and he told her that he did not forget what she said about improving. If I had to guess she's probably one of the more memorable band members to him.

I realize that many of these things only happen because she's a protagonist and we see most things through her perspective and a lot of these things are just situational, but it feels like any time Kumiko interacted with another character she leaves a pretty great impression and even if they don't instantly become best friends, they at least gain respect for her, like Asuka or possibly Ribbon. It's like she's secretly one of the most popular people in the band but somehow manages to stay low-key.

>school band
>everyone is autistic
You think?
Even videogames are less autistic as a hobby.

How many times have you watched season 1?

As a whole only 2 times, though I rewatch some episodes here and there.

How many times has the MC been best girl in your anime watching experience? I think it's pretty rare tbqh

S2 will be awful because it'll turn into hetshit.

Natsuki a cute! CUTE!

Go and take your falseflag attempt with you please.

Asuka has a nice body.

>saying hetshit unironically

not even a yurifag, but kill yourself, my man

Green haired amazon on the right is the cutest. Too bad she got no lines.

It's not my fault that Yamada is an immature faggot with shit taste who cannot appreciate true love between two young girls and want to write it out as "adolescence", like the hack she is.

You have a containment board for your fetish.
Go there.

She's a big girl

It has nothing to do with my fetishes. I just want mature and intelligent writing that is coherent with the themes provided by the show itself from S2.

But apparently, that retard Yamada has other plans. It makes me wonder how she even managed to depict the beauty of Kumiko and Reina's relationship in S1 so well, considering her intentions.

For youphonium.

You can't separate Sup Forums and /u/, no matter how hard you try.

You're at fault for seeing yuri where there's none.

I know that, /u/ autism makes them uncapable of reasoning.

>falseflagging and/or falling for falseflagging this hard
Please shut up this is stupid

Only the soundtrack

a.pomfe.co/emllkjy.mp3

It is pretty fucking rare, though a female MC being best girl is not a requirement for a show to be good. It also always depends on what the show aims for and how it presents itself.

What's weird about Hibike is that it's from Kumiko's perspective for the most part, yet she still manages to be best girl. There are only a couple scenes that happen without her being present, like the Kaori and president meeting. It's not uncommon that whenever there is a protagonist like Kumiko they end up being boring since they just serve as the viewer's window to the show in order to introduce them to everything that's going on including the actually interesting characters.

However Kumiko is filled to the brim with personality, one that is very charming on top, which is also thanks to the great voice acting. She can act a little moody like when she answes her mom's question about her day saying that school was so-so and her voice actress manages to make something so small and trivial actually charming in a very natural way.

She is, depending on how you see it, flawed, but never to the point where she becomes unlikeable.
Even if you dislike Shuichi, Kumiko is undoubtedly resentful since she still kept her grudge against him for what he said and won't give him an actual chance to make up for it. Though she actually explains to him why she is holding a grudge in a reasonable way and if not then already we will later realize that she does not actually hate him, even if she still resents him for what he said.
There are her intial insecurities with her not knowing how to confront Reina, but she eventually actually musters up the courage to do so, even if she's being very awkward at first. There is that scene when she apologizes about bad mouthing Taki and as viewer we realize that it was a very impulsive decision on her part because she just couldn't let Reina go without letting her know what she actually thinks and we appreciate her courage for being so genuine.

But being able to play an instrument is an actual skill.

The music in this show is fucking great.

If you made youtube videos reviewing anime, i'd subscribe. I appreciate your careful analysis instead of hetfag/yurifag shitposting in these threads.

Some autistic people are extremely skilled. The two things are not mutually exclusive.

Perfect couple

I went to the show expecting jazz like in the PVs.
Instead it was all nerd music.

How accurate is this?

Top was produced by KyoAni
Bottom was produced by another studio
Fact rating 100%

I never understand why people expect Jazz here, for the trumpets maybe?

a.pomfe.co/ajkkqww.mp3
a.pomfe.co/doxogua.mp3
a.pomfe.co/aaiqtyq.mp3

my god, how come KyoAni is so fucking good at animation? i mean, it doesn't even matter what the plot is, all of their stuff is an eyegasm

Because of stuff like this youtube.com/watch?v=mmG8gve8qKc
I expected a Sakamichi no Apollon but without all the gay.
I was disappointed with both.

At least it was the good kind of gay.

It was surprising how useless Midori was towards the middle and end of the show. She and that girl that lost were both completely forgotten in the second half of the season.

I just enjoy discussing stuff/typing out what's on my mind. It wouldn't be fun without you guys.

Me and my gf

Me in the middle

The hand movement is perfect, it's like they were practicing to make Koe no Katachi

>selfies
I knew reina was nothing but a slut

>Not liking anime girls taking selfies.

people who take selfies are overly narcissistic

3D people who take selfies are overly narcissistic.

>they don't have anyone so they have to take selfies with each other
Sad.

>cute girls playing trombone

this is a lie

I seriously wish we had a woodwind player who could tell us if the fingerings that we saw for the clarinets/flutes were right.

The fact that KyoAni correctly animated the fingerings for this is hnnnnghhhhhhhh.

Clarinet only, in particular pay attention to 6:32. He's a bit flat, but don't let that bother you.

youtube.com/watch?v=yAdZr_wxEp4

Kappa

Now that is dedication to detail.

t. British

Gosh, why were there so many qt trumpet girls?

I wonder if they're as big assholes as trumpet boys.

None of the ones I knew were

Is it considered proper form to press the valves with the top of your fingers? I've seen trumpet players that go lower and use the joint area, it seems more comfortable and natural. I wonder why this wasn't animated, they must have noticed it when observing the band/their reference materials.

I can hear it.

I shat myself when I saw that PV
Got me so pumped, the only disappointment was the lack of jazz in the show, made up for easily with everything else.

I've personally seen it done both ways. I think it depends on how you hold your wrist/palms in relation to the valves. I think most trumpet players I've seen have also been told to not hook their pinky into the pinky rest, at least in concert band, yet here we are. Maybe it has to do with tiny Japanese girl hands.

Fingertips is proper form. It gives you far more speed and control than if you try to use your joints to press on the valves.

Anime fags, i come from Sup Forums. Honor our ancient compact and provide me with the gif of that blonde loli getting smashed into the wall whilst remaining smug. I need it for reasons and this thread appears to have a similar art style.

Which band boy would you choose?

>20 years later
>Sup Forums still stupid as fuck

Gotou looks like he has a huge, meaty dick

The time will come fags, when all boards need allies.

>marching marimba
That poor girl's back.

Marimba's are fucking expensive too. Kitauji must have some sort of wealthy donor for their music program.

>36 hours of band practice a week
"no"

What the fuck is this thing?

I forgot but wasn't sensei's dad some famous musician or something? Is he related to the school?

That shit looks delicious.

like a fried hotdog in a stick.

Looks like a hot dog inside of a twice baked potato inside of a roll.

I fucking want one

>What the fuck is this thing?
Delicious.
Just kidding, they're actually pretty mediocre.

Kill, marry, fuck, man