EQUIFAX DATA BREACH

Will self bump just to inform those who aren't aware because of other distractions here
Last bread
boards.Sup Forums.org/pol/thread/141413717#bottom

>Equifax’s Mega-Breach Was Made Possible by a Website Flaw It Could Have Fixed

fortune.com/2017/09/14/equifax-data-breach-security-apache-struts/
EQUIFAX BREACH ARCHIVE

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140671284
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140689686
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140687228
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140706326
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140713335
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140718192
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140720752
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140720766
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140762654
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140773478
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140775945
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140807917
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140824131
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140825083
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140856443
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140880464
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140925732
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140934661
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140935548
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140979701
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141012531
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141075029
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141127200
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141164377
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141190982
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141269921

warosu.org/g/thread/S62307786
warosu.org/g/thread/S62311380
warosu.org/g/thread/S62311380
warosu.org/g/thread/S62316700
warosu.org/g/thread/S62323810
warosu.org/g/thread/S62326520
warosu.org/g/thread/S62355113
warosu.org/g/thread/S62374861
warosu.org/g/thread/S62376927

warosu.org/biz/thread/S3385702
warosu.org/biz/thread/S3387412

Equifucked YouTube vid: youtube.com/watch?v=qHcGVOJXRzI

Argentina incident: archive.is/bJroF

Fake equifax hackers: pirate.london/fake-equifax-hacker-website-shut-down-following-deanonymisation-7f30b64cc99a

Blockchain identity verification a possible alternative and option: civic.com/secure-identity-platform

Self sovereign ID:uport.me/

Other urls found in this thread:

bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/equifax-confirms-hackers-used-apache-struts-vulnerability-to-breach-its-servers/
gizmodo.com/oh-man-youre-gonna-hate-what-equifax-just-admitted-abo-1809064565
archive.is/27Jqt
unvis.it/thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/350517-equifax-ceo-formally-called-to-testify-before-congress
archive.is/3cdML
olsendaines.com
barneslawgroup.com/EquifaxLitigation.aspx
powerful-journey-59211.herokuapp.com/list/542
donotpay-search-master.herokuapp.com
krebsonsecurity.com/2017/09/the-equifax-breach-what-you-should-know/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

Bump

Bump to inform

So anything I need to worry about personally on this?

I haven't downloaded a big breach since that big comcast thing and it didn't seem to have any records from anybody I knew at the time.

>The stock crashed from 141 to 98

kek

This pic is helpful with info and what to do
In general, one of the largest credit reporters had information containing names, SS#, drivers license IDs, birthdays, etc were hacked by some unknow entity. Imagine the information of 144 adult Americans is now loose for the entire world to see. Assuming the hackers have dumped or will dump this info. It's been nearly two months this info has been stolen so I'd at the very least put a security freeze with the 3 major credit reporters. This in turn will help avoid any new credit cards, loans, etc being opened in your name.
Also, keep an eye on your finances. Anything suspicious, act immediately.

>Equifax Confirms Hackers Used Apache Struts Vulnerability to Breach Its Servers

bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/equifax-confirms-hackers-used-apache-struts-vulnerability-to-breach-its-servers/

>As Ars Technica noted, Apache Struts is a “framework for developing Java-based apps that run both front-end and back-end Web servers” which is extremely popular with financial institutions.

>The bug in question was fixed with a patch on March 6. Soon afterwards, hackers began exploiting it en masse and didn’t let up.

>Equifax claims to have learned of the breach in May.

>That is months after the vulnerability was known and easily fixed with an update.

>months

gizmodo.com/oh-man-youre-gonna-hate-what-equifax-just-admitted-abo-1809064565

What if we archive it
archive.is/27Jqt

Thank you

>Republicans on the House Energy and Commerce Committee sent a letter to Equifax CEO Richard Smith on Wednesday formally requesting his testimony before members of the committee on October 3.

>Smith will testify before members of the subcommittee focused on digital commerce and consumer protection. He had already agreed to testify before the lawmakers, but the letter represents a formal notification of his invitation to appear before the committee.

unvis.it/thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/350517-equifax-ceo-formally-called-to-testify-before-congress

Bump

>Made Possible by a Website Flaw It Could Have Fixed
yea, it's definitely a flaw to have all your data available through an account called "admin" with the password "admin"

Bump

is that how it happened? lul
what about the flaw that made it take months to inform the public. Oh and how about the heads selling off stock before getting the news out?

Bump

This whole fiasco is a damn joke. Most likely on October 3 they CEO and congress with fellate each other. Again another major entity getting away with being incompetent at the American public expense. And not one word from Trump. To focused on securing Beaner, I mean dreamer votes.

why don't my people raise hell over more corporate heads getting away with millions+?

archive.is/3cdML
Argentina and a different system, but finance businesses are held to very high standards throughout, regardless of local regulation. If they do shit like that in Argentina, you can bet they'll at best be only slightly more careful in other places.

my people being americans

it would blow over easily, but the higher ups all sold their stock before releasing the doomsday news. At the very least, they will be held accountable for insider trading.

luxury prison with tennis n shiet?

We are complacent sheep.
Afraid of action because of the repercussions this system has set up. I'm no better and a hypocrite.
I hope that the info I post, at best can be spread throughout the Internet. Via social media and of course Sup Forums.
I know in my heart, I'm not the only one getting fucking sick and tired of a government that isn't just, panders only to future Voters and big companies that have become untouchable.

>prison
hahahaha
nah, just a slap on the wrist, a fine nobody is going to pay and an order to stay away from finance for a while

Bump

Bump

bump

You're not alone user. The sad part is that despite your honorable efforts to inform, the bulk of society today will never see the truth. All the enlightened can do is sit back and watch the world change at a pace like never before. I realized this long ago.

I'm permenantly convinced there will always be 40-70% of a story we are not getting when it is broadcasted on any news entity.

>2017
>Java applets

What in the fuck.... Might as well use Flash.. Might as well just fucking provide the root password for the server on the web page...

bump

shiet, more like 80

Bump

Bump

Bump

Bump to inform concerned (and intelligent) fellow burgers

Bump

>The bug in question was fixed with a patch on March 6.
>Equifax claims to have learned of the breach in May.

Doesn't this allow the possibility that they were compromised before March but didn't learn of it until May? That is, this isn't necessarily evidence that they failed to patch.

Yeah but we'll never truly know because everyone and their mother is burying this. Even our own god damn president hasn't mentioned a thing about this. He's too focused on muh future votes instead of taking care of those who are actual Americans and more than likely voted for him. Considering 144 million is a large number.

Bump

Bump

Bump

Personally Im trying to just on the class action suit bandwagon. There's a big one starting up asking for $70 billion.

I want some kind of pay back for letting out my information.

how do you check your credit without giving them your information

Equifax has a website tbat asks for the last 6 of your social and your last name. From there it'll say either you may have been compromised or that you haven't.

After all that it asks you to sign up for their new program from a year for free. However once you formally sign up you waive all rights to be part of any lawsuit concerning the breach.

>However once you formally sign up you waive all rights to be part of any lawsuit concerning the breach.
they announced this isn't true after the backlash they got

Good luck with that. They deserve every suit against them

Two websites to keep your eye on if you were compromised.

olsendaines.com
barneslawgroup.com/EquifaxLitigation.aspx

Awesome thanks

anybody know what's up with the DNP bot?
been checking every 12 hours...
powerful-journey-59211.herokuapp.com/list/542

The woman in charge of security for Equifax was a MUSIC major in college.

Meh somehow I still don't trust them enough for this new and improved system they're offering.

It's like saying "Hey sorry I crashed your car but I took a class and learned to drive better. Can I now borrow your brand new off the lot car for a bit?"

How do I get in on the 3k-25k from the class action lawsuit?

More like a $5 subway gift card

Lawyers gets all the cash from class action lawsuits

Sue equifax yourself

HOL UP NIGGA. Got some source on that? If true it's the funniest thing I've seen in months.

donotpay bot is supposed to help with this, anybody know what's up?

>the most capable network security engineers have degrees in music; amiright?

It's true. Check one of Sup Forums archives to find more

I have just one question about this "engineer".

1. Check if affected: equifaxsecurity2017.com
2. Use a bot to sue equifax without a lawyer: donotpay-search-master.herokuapp.com

With the bot you have to still serve the papers yourself and later show up in small claims court and all that.

For the common person this isn't the most viable resolution.

Can we get an info on how to sue these fuckers ourselves, individually?

Fuck class-action attys, they take all the money, you're a literal cuck if you use them, do it yourself lads!

What if we collectively sue them but without lawyers?

I'll take a road trip, where do I have to go?

the DNP bot is only working for two cuck states right now

Is this one of those side companies that has my data without my knowing?

Never heard of them before on my end, and I'd be pissed to suddenly learn one day my accounts were looted to the ground because of these fuckers running old runescape for websecurity

So the Equifax breach is partially the result of women in the workplace. Diversity/Affirmative Action hires? LOOOOOOL

Out in North Carolina. It'll take forever for us minor states to get added to that list.

Pic related.

Three building falling symbolizing the fall of three branches of government.

>Hewlett-Packard
Wew lads

As Chief Executive Officer of HP from 1999 to 2005, Fiorina was the first woman to lead a Top-20 company as ranked by Fortune Magazine.[2] In 2002, Fiorina oversaw what was then the largest technology sector merger in history, in which HP acquired rival personal computer manufacturer, Compaq. The transaction made HP the world's largest seller of personal computers.[3][4] HP subsequently laid off 30,000 U.S. employees in order to save 80,000 jobs. The company then grew to 150,000.[5][6][7] In February 2005, she was forced to resign as CEO and Chair, following a boardroom disagreement.[8][9][10]

Bump

if you have credit, they have your info

They are one the 3 major credit report companies. This is why this breach is HUGE. They are practically the CIA of finances. They know our whole financial history, and all of its done with or without consent. They have set the system so that by default all info must go through them.

I would be more worried of debt being taken out in your name. Not your bank account suddenly being emptied.

Holy shit this is hilarious

The power of affirmative action, everybody! Look and behold!

Feel like she was put into this position as a puppet, there ain't no way she would ever have gotten a position as influential as this with her professional record. I mean for fuck sake a diploma in music composition in control of the security for a international company like Equifax? Smell like collusion all over

bump!

>implying it won't end up just the same

You do realize that there far more credit floating around than there ever was money in the coffer itself?

If only you knew how bad things really are...

Bump

Bump

Thanks. Very useful.

krebsonsecurity.com/2017/09/the-equifax-breach-what-you-should-know/

Bump

It is damn near impossible to start a credit freeze right now too.

Each bureau is so backup they aren't even offering the form to be filled out. Just tells me to check back later.

Did you try the phone?

Bump

Ugh natural aversion to making phone calls and actually talking to people but it looks like that's the route I have to take.

No people friendo. It's all automated and a simple press of buttons. All three took me under 20 minutes last Saturday. Good luck

Oh now that makes all the difference. Were there any charges or fees to do so?

Nowhere in the process was I informed about being charged. However, this can vary state to state. And, there is a charge to 'thaw' the freeze, but it's really not much. I think 10-20 bucks

Bumping for thoughts on that blockchain solution.
Is Trump gonna mention Bitcoin ever?

The POTUS hasnt even mentioned a thing about this breach. He's too busy trying to please 800,000 muh future voters herp to even state anything. God forbid 144 million legal Americans mean anything
Also, this apparently is far more important than one protecting their finances and spreading word about the breach around

Bump

in all likelihood the ceos of equifax were selling info to the highest bidders and made this particular sale look like a 'breach' so they could sell their stocks ahead of a huge drop and make even more money

So is there any way to check if you got fucked or is that scam Equifax set up the only option?

Well it's another win for diversity!

Is this why the massive influx of shilling and sliding is going on right now?

Credit reset when? Start at 850 and fuck it up from there

Global banking cartels hate bitcoin.

WTF