Pick up this show for ranka

>pick up this show for ranka
>so far the entire show is her suffering

;_;

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/mayn_tw/status/721708095378821121
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>pick up this show for ranka
Why? She's not only annoying but ugly. There are better greens out there, user.

>for worst girl

>pick up the show for ranka
>turn into a sherylfag almost immediately

I enjoyed being proven wrong.

>picking the girl with green hair in macross

Got a problem with green Macross girls, bitch? Most of them are awesome.

I got you buddy.
>tfw no Meltran gf

Now that I think about it all the greens are Meltrans minus the Delta bridge bunny.

I think we got the point.

>Picking up a show for the worst girl
You're insane, OP.

>picking up this show for Ranka
>not Sheryl
How does it feel? I mean having such shit taste that is.

You should have picked the show up for Michael and Klan

As a Sherylfag I say stick around, Sheryl gets her fair share of suffering too.

Not him, but I like girl who do her work seriously, even it's carrot advertising.

Sheryl is all about
>muh suffering
>i'm a special snowflake

not to mention she is an old hag and acting like a slut (might be a real slut inside too, you can't never know what's going on in the showbiz scene)

>Sheryl
>doesn't take her work seriously

literally the only thing i know about her and this show is the nyan nyan thing

Sheryl is a lot better though

>Watching Frontier for Ranka

Hahahahahaha

>but I like girl who do her work seriously
How is Sheryl not someone who does her work seriously?

She does her work so seriously she literally almost dies on two different occasions because of it

it about the job, retard.

tell me you are serious about your night guard job or KFC part-timer.

Ranka was doing a lot of low-tier job in her earlier idol days, which is admirable.

I should add that those were my first impressions about the girls, and how I chose my favorite though.

what did you even watch the show? Sheryl's job is her life

>be normal girl who wants to sing
>works hard everyday
>entire family is dead
>nobody gives a shit about her
>popular idol she adores falls in love with her crush
>finally makes it big
>turns out she is some sort of mutant who is vital to winning the war
>doesn't even win the alto bowl in the end
Ranka had a hard life. She wasn't my favorite girl but man did I feel bad for her. If it wasn't for her two based older brothers her suffering would have been too much for me.

>tell me you are serious about your night guard job or KFC part-timer.
I don't work, silly.
>Ranka was doing a lot of low-tier job in her earlier idol days,
And Sheryl worked her way up too.

You do remember how Sheryl was literally in the gutter right?

Whatever happened to Nakajima's career, anyway?

You are stupid

>nobody gives a shit about her
This is completely false though. Ozma was all about "muh imouto" and "muh Cathy" the whole time. She also had that glasses girl friend.

I meant her singing career with that line.

Stopped music career to focus on voice acting. I don't remember her having a major role since she was a Precure though

That was way later in the story. I'd already made the choice beforehand.

I see.

Just remembered she did a few ship-maidens, too.

>ranka
>skips her job, disappoints her fans, disregards her duties because she wants to have fun
>puts muh feelings for alto above the safety of the people in frontier

>sheryl
>lives to sing literally
>is a pro who would sing herself to death should that happen
>puts aside her feelings for the sake of everyone

Yeah, no. Ranka is a selfish cunt, you are going to be disappointed with her when you reach episode 19. It's always about HER and her needs, while Sheryl is always thinking about others even if she appears in a diva. That's just her attitude, but she's selfless to a fault. Ranka meanwhile is a self centered brat who never even makes an effort to understand Alto's feelings.

And May'n. What happened to her too?

It's like she and Megumi got lost in the Bermuda Triangle, or at least left their careers in there.

Ranka had friends and family (adopted and real blood), she had a comfortable life and barely worked to be an idol thanks to Sheryl pushing and random guy taking a liking on her.

Sheryl not only starved in the streets, but she was literally alone, even her ship turned evil and the closest she had as Mother betrayed her and turned evil, also she was killing her. She was definitely the one with a harder life.

You can guess this because when Ranka angsts is all about her shitty crush while when Sheryl angsts is because of her fucking disease. Ranka is a pampered kid in comparison to Sheryl. Even Kawamori notices this: Sheryl had nothing.

May'n had a concert last year. She also sings in OPs. Megumi did drop off though.

Welcome to every Macross singer ever.

May'n is a true star through and through

Yeah no, Ranka was the most unprofessional of either girl, frequently only doing what she wants and disregarding her responsibility. Sheryl on the other hand, is very professional to the point where she literally almost works herself to death.

>doing it for green
You dun goufed

Ranka had the most people who cared about her, even though she lost her family she actually doesn't even remember them, and her brother, his co-workers and her friends take great care of her. Too much care in fact, which is why she's so childish.

Ranka was the one who ruined her own chances with Alto when refused to see him for a regular person and not her knight in shining armor, whose sole duty was to look after her. Then played stupid and continued to chase after him when he was obviously into someone else.

Ranka is responsible for Ranka's problems.

May'n had another concert last year, and released a singles last year, and an album the year before.

May'n even did the OP od another kawamori show in Logos last year.
Gumi is more notable than Megumi at this point .

Man you sure got shit taste

The point when Ranks decides to just let the Vajra destroy the Frontier and abandon everyone because she just didn't feel like doing her fucking job was when I started rooting for Alto to just lose his shit and make good on his promise to kill her if it came to it. Before that she was just a brat, after she was the bitch that got best boy sucked out into space to die a horrid death.

>Implying all the best girls don't suffer
It's part of what makes them best and what makes you care for them. Gokicha, Sotomura, Eve, I genuinely am invested in these characters well beings because I not only care for them but they go through sad/cute turmoil.
Suffering waifus are the ones you care about most.

To be fair, she did try. Her singing didn't work because she was distressed which consequently made her even more distressed. It's still due to her personality faults, but it's mostly a testament to how shitty the writing Frontier really was that you end up feeling that way. Frontier tries to make the viewer sympathize with Ranka because she has evil people using her, but at the chance to turn her character around she ends up running away based on a vague wish instead of reality, while Sheryl literally ends up covering for Ranka's exact situation because she's genuinely a more mature person.

To add insult to injury things wouldn't have been so bad if she simply told her brother. Ranka ultimately gets used not because she's being manipulated but because she genuinely makes stupid decisions and the villains are taking advantage of that. Hell Kawamori later on acknowledged Ranka's fuck ups which is why he changed her character in the movie.

I even said that Sheryl covered exact Ranka situation, which I realize isn't even true after reading it again. Sheryl was convinced that shit was going to die, but still rose to the occasion that Ranka ran away from.

It's still insane that an anime with high stature at the time just completely killed the relative popularity of a prolific character within a couple episodes. If they didn't know what to do with Ranka, they could've just sidelined her, but they made all the wrong decisions. It's bad from both a writing and marketing perspective.

Kawamori seems to commit this sin relatively frequently. I wonder if he'll eventually admit that Mikono was a bad idea. At least Mikono was a bitch pretty much the whole way through so there was no fans to betray.

I hope Kawamori admits this. Mikono was such an insufferable cunt all the way through Evol. Such a terrible heroine.

According to the artbook, Sheryl rose to the occasion because she didn't want to see people suffer. Hell even that stuck up winner from Miss Macross in episode 11 stuck around to help.

Ranka's problem was that she was supposed to be too important as the character who was supposed to be the bridge between humans and Vajra. However, the character was too immature and self-centered to be that. This is why the movie instead utilizes Sheryl and Alto and makes them be that bridge.

Mikono was a strange case.

Protip: You should change teams while you can.
The satisfaction was incredible if you were a Sherylfag.

>tfw I liked Ranka
>then she turned to utter shit and ruined everything

Try Kiznaiver for Chidori.

She's still active

twitter.com/mayn_tw/status/721708095378821121

>The satisfaction was incredible if you were a Sherylfag.
I wish I was around to see how many Rankafags killed themselves after this episode

how so?

>one of the main heroine
>never even had a chance

I hope Freyja wins.

The few that were still alive were killed later with the movie.

>any being alive after the sex scene between Sheryl and Alto

The people in denial survived that. I mean, there's still people that think that Sheryl didn't win in the series.

Been a long time but didn't the series end in a sort of Sheryl-favored threesome while the movie was pure Sheryl?

The series was "Sheryl won, it's obvious, but we didn't tell you that in the face". And then the movie shows you in the face that she won.

>pick up show for worst girl
>get punished
fucking deserved

NO GUYS, HE JUST KISSED HER! IT DIDN'T GO PAST THAT!

Yeah but

Nah

They made out like three time. Also, Alto in episode 24 is literally about to confess to her before she tells him not to (with a kiss no less)

Haha yeah I remember that, but their numbers were so small I didn't really want them to go away since people weren't that hyped about Frontier.

Not the series ended in a "Sheryl and Alto are in a relationship no further explanation is needed" and movie just had Alto outright say it. Kawamori has confirmed it.

The only reason the Ranka rejection scene wasn't included in the tv series was because it didn't fit the tone. Seriously if they had included it would have had, Ranka challenge Sheryl for Alto only to have Alto come down and tell Ranka that he didn't love her and was with
Sheryl, then rushing off to go back to flying. Which even though hilarious would have been awkward.

[WHOOSH]

>Uh no, sorry Ranka. I actually fucked Sheryl the other day and we're going out. Anyway MUH SKY

>i wont lose to you
>what she doesnt know is, she already lost

This is actually pretty cruel isnt it

Does this look like the face of suffering to you?

I did.

;_;

Don't worry. You got the movies

To make matters worse, Ranka knew that Alto and Sheryl fucked and yet still thought that she had a chance.