Sup Forums Space Program /4sp/

Moved off Sup Forums to /bant/
then /banned/ from /bant/ for being too contraversial.
The Sup Forums Space Program intends to take Sup Forums to space.
We are currently hiring, searching for ideas. and boldly going forth into the universe,,, for the lulz.
----------
discord
gg
EfH7jPj
----------
why would they ban us?
they fear our power. if we take Sup Forums to space, we will prove to be a force of nature.
not only will your sides be in orbit, but your SSD of dank mays will be in orbit, beaming down 24/7. With a camera too.
They will rue the day they messed with the Sup Forums Space program

Logo incoming
Badges later

Shopping list:
Balloon
Rocket
GoPro
RF Transmitter
Solar Panels

PREVIOUS THREAD (The only thread that hasn't been deleted)
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141356428/
Backup Thread on /bant/

Other urls found in this thread:

estesrockets.com/rockets
youtube.com/watch?v=Y9S02SvwycM
popularmechanics.com/space/rockets/a16722/hobbyist-rocket-space-race/
youtube.com/watch?v=EKlalxp7WrE
archive.is/hpfnL
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What kind of power supply we talking about, also we will need 4 stage rockets

The sum of yesterdays ideas were roughly as follows

>Weather balloon is cheapest
but doesn't reach space
>Rockets are expensive
so we're looking into alt. fuels
>It needs solar power
to continually beam out memes
>Someone has set up a patreon

There's a guy who has access to drone batteries, charged on solar panels, possibly a gyro-function to direct towards sunlight.

Regarding a 4 stage rocket, what are the 4 stages?

estesrockets.com/rockets

fuck if I know I'm not a rocket scientist

How to end up being on a FBI watchlist: THE THREAD
Bombs making and rockets making: same manual

You're just going to end up like this....

youtube.com/watch?v=Y9S02SvwycM

Why would we need 4 stage rockets? Why not delve straight into N. Tesla tech and go the Vril way?

Contact the russians, that's what elon musk did, they will even throw in an ICBM just for the laugh.

Seriously, get in contact with russian army.

You can't reach space, this is idiotic

We could attempt to either:
A.) Use a weather balloon with small rockets to propel it into space, then after use a solar panel of some sort to continue propelling it out into space.

B.) Just get big ass rockets and propel it.

If there is not motive, and we just wanna use it to globally broadcast memes we could put it into orbit of the earth. Literally a global meme machine.

fuck off. people send rockets up all the time
although, yes it has become harder to get hold of the fuels these days because they are often used for enrichment purposes.

we already have an open dialogue with N.Korea (1 way so far), do you think they would mind if we touted our business to Russia too? I think we can get it cheaper from NK

and this ladies and gents is why we have the /4sp/

You can you just need stages for each part of the atmosphere the rocket should discard the old parts and kick into new rocket fuel

Which is not possible to do by amateurs

>open dialogue with N.Korea (1 way so far)
one way dialog
mmmmmmmm....;;
now I know you're trolling

this is not ok. kek will smite the fucking shit out of you

step one, das terror

popularmechanics.com/space/rockets/a16722/hobbyist-rocket-space-race/

never say never, It best probably to put this thread in /diy

pretty sure it is with enough money. Couldn't see why not.

>what are the 4 stages
literally state of this mission

How high can ballons take us? Would it be feasible to have a balloon go high then have a way for rockets to kick in? This rocket is going to be small Im assuming.

WE NEED TO PROVE THE EARTH IS ROUND ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Don't forget about Orbital ATK who are under NASA's contact and are supplying the space station with supplies.

Even if all else fails, they have the rockets to get anything up. Beside them, there are still other companies who could have potential capabilites.

Daily reminder that Jews using Nigger Shock troops stole your future.

You were already beaten in it by /mlp/.

we can do it this time!

ok ok, we won't send another live toad, until we've perfected it's habitat

we never said we were nasa.
we said we are BETTER
or at least more interesting.

Weather balloons range from 50,000 feet to 120,000 feet. which is pretty decent for pic related. it will get people on board with /4sp/.
to take things to the next level however...

I am an amateur rocket builder and would love to do something like this.. I've had this idea for awhile and although its possible, it's going to be a little bit difficult.

>the hungry

I'm strangely ok with this.

The space program is fake as fuck. NASA Mason lies. Nobody has sent anything into "space". Just actors, sets, and special effects.

Television is evil.

Would probably work best to 3d print parts, some of us have 3d printers we just need engineers to design the fins and shit.

in b4 the us government assassinates all of you to prevent you from inadvertently starting a war with the aliens

Do not listen to the /4sp/ers. They a Cia niggers trying to quell the truth of flat earth from Sup Forums by spreading more fake space propaganda.

How do we plan on getting a fuel source? I'm pretty sure that modern rockets use a liquid oxygen based fuel, but I'm also fairly certain that it's very difficult to get your hands on unless you make your. At least in the states it is.

are the aliens really that autistic they need protection form big goberment?

>a plastic rocket

redpill me on the dish user?

nah the exohumans are basically super advanced space jews

"Be sure to notify the FAA at least 24 hours before launch. Technically, balloons under four pounds are unregulated. But notifying the FAA decreases your chance of flying into restricted airspace."

>balloons under 4 pounds are unregulated
and that's where we'll get them

If you believe the earth is flat, then why not help fund / take part in the definitive space program to prove it!?

drones, 3D printers and bitcoins
the World will be saved

Leaf from /bant/ here my idea was hydrogen balloon with a metal frame to go to 95km then start the rocket tonget above the 100km Karman line

If you use balloon the problem is going to be wind carrying your rocket horizontal as well as vertical. Also everyone in your vicinity is going to see it.

anons were talking about nitrogen based fuels, which can all be concocted at home, although they are dangerous.
don't think we're in2 hydrazine or liquid oxygen levels yet.

post balloon design that goes to 95km plz, welcome back aboard

>muh watchlist
Implying we aren't /theirguys/

wtf is the balloon going to be made out of if you're going to use hydrogen

how are you going to make hydrogen onboard the balloon and still carry a load

As far as I know there are pretty simple ways to make liquid oxygen at home as well, but not nearly in high enough quantities for a fucking rocket

what we need is a meme powered rocket

Making it is the easy part, making liquid fueled rocket engine to burn it is the hard part

Metal frame probably aluminum with a cover still haven't found a good material yet

On mobile will draw something later today

I bet this space program ends with a burger putting a frog in his 12 gauge and shooting at the sky

idk if there is one that will hold atomic number 1 senpai

Also I'm thinking an asbestos lining on the outside to survive heat and very unlikely re entry

Loophole: If it's a balloon, it doesn't weigh anything, we can make it as big as we want.

Checkmate FAA

Helium will also work

then there should be lots of options

Yeah still narrowing it down

Captcha: Fuhrer Passage

y'all nerds are not going to go to space

remember the time when user could get shit done? Now you are as much cucked as my country.

yuhuh, to burn *safely*

regarding the balloon plan, the focal design point is having the balloon detach from the rocket, have the rocket self-ignite and in an upwards direction. might be difficult.

you bloody idiot! it's easy to put hydrogen into a balloon, kids do it at school. most big ballloons are hydrogen
helium wold work but is much more expensive to make/buy and it won't go as high as hydrogen

the haters are just dreamers gone astray

Ok...that mental image actually made me laugh. Well played, user!

you can put it in real easy but how do you keep it there

It actually will helium leaves Earth all the time it's just more expensive

in 2002, a helium balloon built by Dr Takamasa Yamagami and colleagues at the Institute of Space and Astronautical Science climbed to 53km – half way to the official edge of space.

hmmmm

Because the balloon exploded that's why we need a metal frame also hydrogen will be better desu

We were always krauts to begin with. The branch never falls far from the tree

>the Institute of Space and Astronautical Science
there is your problem

bring back the Supreme Island Project, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

1. Load rocket
2. Ignite rocket
3. ???
4. Space

we can offer you one island on Mars, but unfortunatley we hold no stock in the Earth realm, we don't view it as particularly valuable going forward. sincerely /4sp/

Best shot is machined aluminum rocket single stage solid fuel carried on helium weather balloon triggered by altimeter sensor, even then you won't reach space

Unironically play kerbal space program, it's very simplified but an enjoyable introduction to certain aspects of rocket science.

If it's sturdy enough "balloon" we can easy get near the Karman line

t. Aerospace engineer

Will help, because fuck it.

Baloon plus rocket seems like a good idea. Sup Forums in space has a nice ring to it.

Always glad to see people getting into space check out Scott manley he has some great vidyas

Yeah what's the best material for the shit to hold the hydrogen in already have an aluminum frame in mind

Rocket is too complex and expensive for amateurs.
Balloon idea is best idea
I have built all the schematics in FO3 and NV. I will help u

itt the feet that launched a thousand hips

Hydrogen rocket ain't happening unless you got millions of dollars

Not a rocket read the thread plz

im that super fly hydrogen rocket , lower earth orbit, muthafucka

No he's a fag.

perhaps there was a vengeful reason

Easy peasy rocket fuel:

youtube.com/watch?v=EKlalxp7WrE

ingredients can be found at supermarkets and hydroponics stores

On data quick rundown?

>Use a balloon
Well, I guess no. Here is why.
Let's say we want to lift a rocket the size of a space shuttle booster to 35km altitude (much higher becomes impossible because the density of the air gets so low that even hydrogen will not provide any uplift anymore).
>A space shuttle booster weighs around 1'200'000 kg.
>A ballon can carry around 1kg for every m3 of volume.
>Our balloon would need to hold 1'200'000 m3 of gas.
>The radius of our balloon would be around 65 meters.
In that setting he haven't considered balloon expansion in altitude yet (to kilometers in this case), its own weight - and the fact that such a balloon would only get the booster floating - uplift costs extra.

So ... nah.

But the balloon idea got me thinking. Instead of a space project, we could steal (((Jewgle))) ideas and come up with an open source/Community version of this here:
archive.is/hpfnL

Is this a roided version of the felony falcon?

>mlpol

In terms of oxidizers, liquid oxygen is probably your best bet for a larger vehicle, nitrous oxide for a smaller vehicle. Nitrous is easy(er) to handle but is extremely expensive per gallon in the quantity for rocketry. Liquid oxygen is dirt cheap per gallon but requires expensive support equipment to handle.

Don't even think about hydrogen peroxide, it's extremely dangerous and difficult to obtain.

Aren't you thinking of a suborbital launch? You won't need much thermal protection. Bigger concern will be deceleration. After falling 10s of kilometers through almost-space, you run the risk of going too fast to open a chute by the time the air gets thick.

Balloon+rocket is not a good idea. It looks good because you need a smaller rocket. But it'll be extremely difficult for the rocket to acheive stability in an almost-vacuum. Either you have a FUCKING MASSIVE launch rail to build up a huge equivilant airspeed (heavy to lift on balloon) or you develop some active guidance (potentially years of development and testing). Or spin stability (in which case you'll need a fat rocket for low length to diameter ratio, which means more drag). What if the rocket misfires? How will you return it safely? How do you fire straight up when there's a balloon in the way? How do you keep temperature sensitive propellant happy at altitude? How do you ensure ignition in a vacuum? How do you get permission from the authorities to loft a precariously mounted bomb under a balloon?

My opinion: just build a big ass rocket and fire it in the desert or something.

What about some propellers?

>Celestia hitches a ride to the international spsace station
YASS PRINCESS SLAAAAY

most rockets at our end of the spectrum only get up to weather balloon height

yes expansion is the issue with balloons, particularly considering anything more than 1kg payload.
nice pic though

and re: project loon
I was actually thinking a similar thing. if we can't do one giga ricket, we could do 100 balloons, network them and create Sup Forums's own independent stratospheric wireless internet.

thanks for input. I agree the balloon > rocket transfer introduces a load of complication, spin and difficulty.

tfw /4sp/ builds a space zeppelien and takes over the moon by force
last night i had a dream

let's build a mini EM drive

>muhLoon
100s of chaotically free floating balloons communicating with eachother would reflect this place rather well, I think.
The recollection of malfunctioning balloons could be done by anons - bc we're literally everywhere.
Plus, viable business-model, free speech, alternative network

We have to keep costs down then.
Some hobby proppellers and some solsr panels to power em this will keep the craft light should get us pretty high but once air starts thinning idk the biggest issue is the balloon not exploding the higher we get the less air resistance meaning the balloon could go higher but we need to do some math for that we could use hobby engines those hobby pulse engines are rather cheap and could possibly lift it only issue is activating them