Akatsuki no Yona

Just finished this and found it pretty good
What did you think about it?

Great, stopped at the point where it gets even better, s2 never.

Also really liked it.

I never got why everybody circlejerked so much about Yona. She was just a spoiled brat.

Man i remember reading the manga then scanalators were being fags with their sekrit club shit keeping chapters pages locked to their blog sites.

Do someone new pick it up yet?

For some reason the sound in the anime felt really off. Can't quite put my finger in it.

I liked it, but at the same time I was kind of disappointed. Especially cause there's no season 2. At least on the site that I was watching it, sometimes the sound really was off. :/

Why did this get such low ratings in Nippon?

When does Haku get a bankai?

I don't follow scanlations, but there was a new group caught up to the latest chapter, I think.
Latest chapter feels like so long ago. It ended on a cliffhanger where it looks like there might be some romantic development, but there was a scheduled break, and then an unscheduled break because earthquakes. Fuck earthquakes man.

>At least on the site that I was watching it
Kill yourself, retard.

viz did

Watched it not long ago, I liked the mix of serious parts with slapstick comedy.

zeno a cute, also a fucking god apparently

One of the best shows of the last 3 years desu senpai.

Really liked it, it's probably my favorite shoujo. I'm surprised not more people on Sup Forums like it.

S2 when

One of the most enjoyable of the season.
But imagine the frustration I felt while waiting for my favorite dragon to appear. He was present in the OP and the art but he only ever appeared in the last episode.

>:/
Fuck off

one of my favourites from last year, really underrated

It's good. Quite shitty that the anime ended right when they find the last dragon and the group starts seriously adventuring and Yona starts seriously lusting for Hak.

Impatient Scans picked up where Titania Scans imploded with their own retardation. You can check Batoto.
Also, . There's a hiatus until May 20th.

I like it a lot. S2 never sadly so went to read the mango.

Too bad that Japan hated it because they thought it was Korean propaganda.

I enjoyed every episode. It had perfect pacing and good characters.

Yona has begun lusting after Hak at last. Maybe one day we'll get a new season...
The chapters handling nadai issues were so violent and dark, which was unexpected but wonderful. Now they've covered slavery.

>Too bad that Japan hated it
I think it ranked in a charapedia poll about which recent anime they wanted a sequel of.

I thought the anime was painfully boring and skipped through a lot of it, but I really enjoy the manga.

I really, really liked it. Had very Fushigi Yuugi vibes that I remember when I was young.

It was an enjoyable ride. Yona a cute.

>newfag tier opinion
>newfag tier post
Fuck off.

>I can't even tell if I swallowed any water
Well shit, she's pretty much gone. And here I thought Hak was doomed to cope with his tragicomical one-sided love forever.

I too was sad that it cut off right when it got good, with no sight for season 2. However, I'm a retarded newfag, so I really don't know where to find good scanlations to pick up the rest.

I believe early CR or Funi? episodes did have messed up sound.

Hak>=Blue>Green=Yellow>Yun>Tae Jun>>>>>>>>>>>>>>White Snake

First two episodes were great, everything else was shit other than the episodes where they followed Su-won. I think AnY was my biggest case of expecting something, and getting nothing but a by the books reverse harem.

Is Yona going to confess next chapter? Are they going to fuck like rabbits?

>I really don't know where to find good scanlations to pick up the rest.

Did you not read the fucking thread?

Should I watch it? I LOVE Chiwa Saito

Sure hope so.
I want them to finally kiss.

Meh. Never really cared for HakTina or even Hak in general. He just comes off as really boring when he isn't raging about Soo Won.

One thing I really hate is the fact that the reverse harem is completely pointless since we all know she's going to end up with Hak.

*Hakyona
Fucking autocorrect.

I miss her.

Who, user?

Yona's success doesn't rely on the kind of otaku that are prone for that anti-Korean nationalist garbage.

Good show, as were the threads.

That's every harem.

Soo-Woon a cute.

Pity he's doomed to eternal suffering at this point.

Poor Saiounkoku Monogatari rip off.

And Akagami is lot better too (though lacking much of political and action stuff)

>Akagami is lot better too
lol take that weak shit somewhere else

Sorry if pointing out how newfag and shit your taste is, if you are believing Yona is anything more than your babiest first adventure political shoujo.

Akagami unlike it, is actually masterly written and not just korean drama.

Mahoutsukai no Yome anime will be better than it as well, just as manga is.

Even Soredemo Sekai Wa Utsukushii is better than Yona, and its litterally shotacon comedy shit.

>Akagami unlike it, is actually masterly written

Because it's a reverse harem,duh

She basically becomes Soo Won later in the story. If she stayed a spoiled brat, the series would be unbearable.

Akagami is straight romantic fairy tale (and its based on fairy tale even). It outdoes Yona easily in every aspect - be it characters, setting, art, emotions and ability to create immersive magic holding readers.

Yona, as said - is merely an inferior version of Saiunkoku Monogatari (just like korean is inferior to China in reality), and absolutely loses in comparison with properly written story both in terms of characters (Shuurei is the best shoujo heroine that is capable and dedicated and is not just object of affection in shoujo), political stuff, drama and romance. Though its unfair comparison, since its based on good novel series, as opposed to manga and 70 episode anime covered only like third of it - its litterally Game of Thrones.

Meanwhile, Saiunkoku aside - you were named already 3 "redhead princesses" that are better than Yona - Akagami, Soredemo and Mahoutsukai MCs.

Yona is ok show, but the "hype" it gets is merely explained by newfags for whom its babies shoujo anime. I bet you guys never even watched Twelve Kingdoms, Fushigi Yuugi, Escaflowne, Fruit Basket etc.

>Akagami unlike it, is actually masterly written
It's a decent shoujo manga, nothing more than that. I would even say it's been dragging quite a bit lately.

Yona is decent as well, but I see no point in comparing the two. The two main heroines are both redheads, but they don't have much in canon besides that.

Animation was iffy except in ep 6. Yona's VA drove me up the wall. Fine otherwise, preferred the manga.

>Yona, as said - is merely an inferior version of Saiunkoku Monogatari (just like korean is inferior to China in reality)
Both are inferior versions of Twelve Kingdoms that don't even need harem crap to be more popular than either of them. Now shut up.

Say what you want about Yona, Akagami is trash and I'm surprised the author is even capable of constructing a coherent sentence.

Why does she have Red hair?

I agree about Akagami and haven't read Mahoutsukai no Yome, but Soredemo was utter shit. Yona far outdoes it.

Why are you trying to sound hardcore when we are talking about girly animations? They are all equally otome kokoro doki doki.

>the "hype" it gets
What hype? The show barely had any threads. Why do you get upset about people liking the show, anyway? Compared to a lot of other newer shoujo titles Yona is one of the better ones. Yes, that doesn't mean it's amazing, but I don't see anyone yelling about how it's the greatest thing ever. And I for one find both Yona and Akagami to be in the same league, which is decent-to-good shoujo series.

Because they have shit taste

What's funny about this is that Yona has been a step ahead of Soo Won every step of the way, and she did it without having to kill her father and usurp the throne. Although she does have the dragons helping her.

If u love Chiwa then absolutely. One of her best roles ever

Long hair was better and the hair before she got it cut even shorter than that was better.
What do japs have against long red hair?

Post pics of best dragon!

You're pretty good.

They have good taste unlike you long hair shitter.

Not up-to-date with the manga, is anyone winning the Yona-bowl?

>and she did it without having to kill her father and usurp the throne.
She only needed someone else to kill her father and usurp the throne.
Half the issues so far have been solved by Soo-Won being a good king, like the North invasion, the fire rebellion, or the recent South forts and slavering.

Read the thread.

Season 2 when?

You don't seem to understand.

>And Akagami is lot better too
That's one of those opinions I'll never be able to understand.

>What do japs have against long red hair?
Probably takes more effort to draw/animate.

One of my favorite. I can't wait for the Zeno OVA this year

inb4 Hak acts dense and it's played off as comedy
I would be extremely mad but I half expect it, looking at previous "romantic moments" in the series.

>I want to touch you
WHAT A SLUT, also pacifist king a shit who deserved it

Not if it's true love, user.

>Akagami unlike it, is actually masterly written and not just korean drama.
It really isn't. It's pretty damn shallow and almost annoyingly idealistic and despite its huge focus on the relationship between the two mains, the changes their relationship undergoes don't affect anything outside of the scenes where they're brought up. You could watch until episode 3, skip a dozen episodes and not notice that they have changed in any way.

>(just like korean is inferior to China in reality)
China has been a rotting corpse for a long-ass time now. Not that Korea's much better, but China reached its peak and fell off a cliff centuries ago.

China was in a slump from 1800-2000 (+/- 10 years) but is cleary currently rising.

When you get removed

While Yona was fun, I agree that I liked Akagami better. It was refreshing to see a straight up romance without any "rivals" or force drama/ntr moments like so many other romance oriented series do.

Keep in mind though, that even if both shows have romance at the core, thy both have different plots and progression. So comparing them doesn't really achieve anything.

Every thread this guys comes up. Why does he get to upset with Yona and always comes up with Akagami in the middle? nobody spoke a word about that series here.

I liked it a lot for some reason, loved how Yona became likable with time and how she learns her father was not really a good ruler but still takes pride in him.
Shame the anime didn't got to the best parts of the manga.

>mfw I like them both equally
Can't we cease this faggotry and just enjoy the fact the we're lucky enough to have two good shoujo adaptation?

That's not exactly funny, since it's the point. Yona has a lot more freedom to immediately respond to crises while Soo Won has the resources and power to affect things on a greater scope. As such, Yona can move to take action faster than Soo Won, but is limited in the fact that she can only act on the things happening right before her eyes and perform short-term big changes in contrast to Soo Won's subtle long-term ones. Soo Won is also the one who has to handle the aftermath of Yona's actions.

pretty good... but still

poor man's twelve kingdom.

these user gets it.