So I just finished the Greed Island arc, why do you guys hate it? I enjoyed it more than Yorkshin arc

So I just finished the Greed Island arc, why do you guys hate it? I enjoyed it more than Yorkshin arc.

>comfy as fuck
>Biscuit
>Hisoka being a bro
>Two god-tier boss battles (Razor and the Bomberman)
>A lot of likeable secondary characters (Togashi is a genius creating charismatic characters with very little screentime)

Now I begin the Chimera Ant arc, this is being a fun ride.

What is it with all the HxH posts lately

People hate because it's not "muh grimdark".

once i got to chimera ants I wished I could go back to greed island

comfy as fuck

Its all games and fun till the Chimera Ants come

mangas back

I had to remind myself greed island was a thing after finishing HxH 2011. everything else just outshines it. even the beginning

This is pretty much why I didn't enjoy it. I didn't enjoy the Chimera Ant arc either, though, other than seeing Netero's nen. Not that either was bad, just not what I wanted.
Everything after Yorkshin doesn't do much for me.

GI is the second best arc after Election.

said noone ever

No animeonlys for sure.

Been a while but Hxh went to shit during GI. The Chimera Ants took way too fucking long (isn't it like half the manga?) GI over stayed it's welcome, Yorknew was best, then probably the first arc

I think GI is good because it's a really fun and mostly lighthearted arc between the two darkest and most tense arcs in the series, so it's pretty refreshing. Plus the dodgeball match and Bomber fight were great scenes and it stayed entertaining.
Also it has Bisky.

Never understood why people shat on it so much, they usually mention the training but there isn't that much of it, it's mostly skipped.

It's because it's not grimdark and genthru wasn't wacky villain, that's about it.

I like it too and everything you mentioned is accurate, it's just not as well written as CA or Yorkshin and serious/intense arcs are generally more impactful than more fun ones like GI.

>comfy as fuck
I think you mean boring
>Biscuit
Annoying as fuck
>Hisoka being a bro
>bro
Oh you're just a retard
>Two god-tier boss battles (Razor and the Bomberman)
Can't even remember a single fight
>A lot of likeable secondary characters (Togashi is a genius creating charismatic characters with very little screentime)
Who?

If you enjoyed it as an anime, you should really read it in the manga. It's even better.

Gr8 b8 m8

>So I just finished the Greed Island arc, why do you guys hate it?
I wonder if it's because it changed the vibe of the series.

What I mean is, after the Hunter Exam arc, we had the Zoldyck Family arc, Heavens Arena arc, and Yorknew City arc laying on the ground work for a fairly serious battle series, and then the Greed Island arc goes and lightens up the mood. And then we go back to some heavy shit in the Chimera Ant arc, so it makes Greed Island stick out.

Gensuru and his boyfriends ruined the thing for me

the ED theme was awesome

Sorry, I'll go make a thread about naruto or bleach or one piece instead

You're not alone. I freaking loved Greed Island. So cool to see them teaming up with Hisoka.

When you use combinations of words/phrases like "comfy as fuck", "bro" and "____ tier" as an argument, you're not sounding like someone who has an opinion worth listening to

One could argue that the lighthearted times help stuff like Yorknew and CA have the impact that they do.

CA, as it currently stands, is around 37% of the series, so yeah it did go on a bit too long. 90 chapters would have been ideal.

> GI over stayed it's welcome

It was 65 chapters long and was hyped for quite a while. If it were as short as Heaven's Arena I'd have felt duped.

>Heaven's Arena I'd have felt duped.
this was well done a rather quick way to introduce nen basics and training without and actual training sequence (that was GI)

>2011
kill yourself homo

bomber fight+dodge ball made it great

man fuck you guys I wish I could forget everything and re watch this

GI was dope

Guys o come from an universe were Go was the edgy arc and CA the fun and lighthearted one.