Why couldn't they have just let him kill the fucking squids

why couldn't they have just let him kill the fucking squids

the squids are ppl tho

Did u watch the show

THEY USED TO BE HUMAN. EVEN THOUGHT THEY HAVE NOTHING HUMAN IN THEM ANYMORE YOU SHOULD FEEL BAAAAAD.

THEIR BABBIES WERE CUTE. CUTE!

Chamber did nothing wrong.

ya and i saw them killing tons of animals for food yet they couldnt kill some giant monster squids?

It seems strange to me that the Galactic Alliance would perpetuate this lie about them being an alien race though

I mean it seems to me being once and human and abandoning their own humanity ought to be just as grave a sin given the war's origins

desu I forgot what happened except for this moment

;_;7

the humans in the show are super illogical, how did you not see that

remember when the fleet commander girl got pissed at him for killing the pirates that were robbing her and probably gonna gangrape her?

Weren't the squid sacred?

Nope. They are seriously all about preserving ALL life. Unless it's fish or cattle.

CHAMBER!!!

I think so. They also wreck your shit if you mess with them.

They believed in proportional response and de-escalation.

Why are people so dense over this. They distrust him because he fucking disintegrated them with his invincible God machine when they expected them to be either driven off or killed with more conventional needs.

Hard to come to that conclusion with the actual responses given.

Not really. Given the kind of weaponry they have, killing all the pirates was impossible. Thus, killing only one wouldn't do any good. Chamber easily eliminating the entire fleet was not anticipated, so they were all confused by it.

I always thought it was also about escalation. They might have standoffs and the like, but no one gets seriously harmed usually. But killing off people as a big group? That invites full-on war.

Either way, the scene is not handled ideally, regardless of what your opinions on if killing them was a good/bad/needed thing.

So it seems the moral of the story is to not interfere with the native mating rituals.

Just kill them all, solves the problem.

The cycle of revenge is only an issue if there is anyone left alive to take revenge on you.

"Squids are people" is the only thing I remember from this show.

If anything turning your back on your humanity is worse.

CHEIMBAAA

You don't remember the dancing?

Please enlighten me.

Have you ever watched Star Trek?

Thank you user for reminding me.

I wanted a second season.

SAAYA BEST GIRL

>mfw squids

This show was really stupid.

And?

Were. No more.

>squids were once human
>squid babbies look human

Oh gee even fucking pig and cow fetus looks indistinguishable from human fetus in early stages.

Which anime is this?

I really don't know what she was expecting.

OUTTA MY WAY SQUID FUCKING SHITS

What a slut, how many times have her ports been ravaged by pirates

I'd forget about killing every space squid too.

That's what niggers, spics, yellow niggers, sandniggers, kikes say, oldfags, the poor, criminals, and "its" on entitlement programs say.

They're also the most moralfaggotry I've seen in humanity.

That red hair bitch said that killing the pirates is a sin. FUCKING PIRATES. YOU KNOW FUCKING CRIMINALS.

they dindu nuthin

Is there any subset of humanity you don't hate outright?

Or better yet, have you ever, even once in your life, really truly liked another human being?

Christfag detected. If killing is a sin then killing is a sin. Saying that 'well they were fucking pirates' is just a convenient subversion of the morals.

For them they were simply afraid that killing the pirates would result in escalated retaliation. That is to say rather than simple looting and being a bother that they might come in guns blazing.

That he would bend over and offer his body?

What else would make a pirate stop?

You aren't making any sense, that user isn't the one saying its a sin, it was the character in the show claiming that because "killing is bad". As if the lives of pirates have any worth, no one cries if a bunch of asshole somali's get fucked up by the navy.

I'm telling it like it is. Show me a human that hasn't committed an act of evil or anything remotely bad.

Sounds like cowardice and appeasement. Two bad things of any society. Just look at the cowardice of the Obongo administration and appeasement to ISIS and other terrorist. They think we stop terrorist that they have to be nicer to them. Do you know how fucking insane that is?

>Please help us weird space man who's been talking for the past hour or two about how he's been in endless bloody war with enemy aliens
>No, not like that! They're ass pirates! Bend over!
That honestly sounds like something she would suggest.

I fucking miss this show, It was so nice watching a majority chilled show out on sea with a glorious OST and interesting characters.

It could have gone for a dark plot with the squids or a SoL style and both would have been perfectly fine.

Only Christfags Muzzies don't use Sup Forums[/spolier] are dense enough to not understand the hypocrisy of 'killing is a sin except when it's convenient'.

The situation as I recall was not comparable to the situation with ISIS. The pirates weren't running around keelhauling the citizens and scuttling ships full of explosives at them.

Further I recall that the pirates had vast military superiority.

Is Suisei no Gargantia worth watching? I heard it was a trainwreck

So what does the kid with the mech do next, blow up ALL the pirates?

No, she says that killing the pirates raiding party forces the pirates into a position where they have no choice but to kick the shit out of Gargantia in order to maintain their reputation. An attack that, as we see for ourselves, gargantia under normal circumstances has no chance of resisting.

Ledo just signed the entire Gargantia fleet, without their permission, up for a fight that they can't win and never wanted. Ledo can win the fight for them, but they have no realistic expectation that he is going to stick around. They have known him for like a day, and they have spent most of that time pointing guns at him after her took a member of their fleet hostage.

Not exactly a friendly start.

Hey, did you know the British had the vast superior military power and they got their ass kicked by Americans in the Revolutionary War? Guess what would have happened to Great United States of America(Not current America it's been taken over by libtards and kikes) if they took your advice and be a bunch of cowards and appeasers.

wew lad

Isn't that their own fault for bullying a guy because they think they had a position of strength over him, then turning around and saying he should help them, then bitching when he kicks the crap out of the guys attacking them.

If anything they should be on their knees begging him not to slap their shit next for their mistreatment of him.

Gargantia is actually a pretty good show, and its well written, but I can garuntee you that retards will jump on me for saying that because they went into the show expecting Gundam and blame the show for not delivering.

The show is super comfy, it has some nice world building, the robot Chamber is the best character in the whole damn show, and there are no wasted episodes. Even the mandatory beach episode stealthily introduces no less than 2 plot points that end up being important to the finale.

Ironically, you are most likely to enjoy Gargantia if you are a fan of western scifi, since it plays out much more like a western scifi plot than an anime plot. This, predictably, means some dedicated anime fans don't like it.

That's when Marxism started to do their attacks on American culture and demoralized western civilization.

So that's no, then. Is it tiring? Or do you get an adrenaline boost from the contempt?

>american
>'''''culture'''''

Different situation again, guerilla tactics do not work on the ocean.

AMY asked him for help. One girl. Fleet Command never contacted him.

And then he put the whole fleet in a shitty situation, because of what amounts to a cultural misunderstanding. On Earth, fighting is usually about displays of force. Its a threat in order to get your way. In spacewaristan, fighting GENOCIDE ALL DAY EVERY DAY, 1% ENEMY SURVIVORS IS TOO MANY KILL MORE NEXT TIME.

Which makes sense in both cases. In the space war, its a way of mutual extermination. Peace is not an option, because communication doesn't exist.
On Earth, not only can you make a deal, but every time you fight for real you fuck over the entire human race.

Don't follow? Then ask yourself this: where do you think they are going to get new boats?

That's right. They have no land for major industry or shipyards. The only new ships they can get are to cobble together salvage from the bottom of the sea, of which they only rarely find anything usable. And it takes multiple high quality finds in order to result into a usable ship.

Even if they fought the pirate fleet and won, every ship that gets sunk is one less ship in the whole world, forever. Its like having a gun where every time you fire it a piece of land the size of England vanishes forever from the face of the Earth. You learn real quick that firing the gun is Not Something You Do.

Or you just tell the guy with the gun to aim for human targets only, now you own england.

Doesn't matter if you kill them all, they all the salvage belongs to you and your descendants.

> Hey, did you know the British had the vast superior military power and they got their ass kicked by Americans in the Revolutionary War?

Actually they got their asses kicked by the French. The French who supplied us weapons, trained us to fight, commanded our army in 2/3ds of the battles we won against the British across the war, and then won the battle of Yorktown for us (which was a naval battle, not a land one. The purpose of the land battle at Yorktown was to occupy the forts cannons so they couldn't be trained at sea against the French ships, giving them the advantage in smashing the British fleet).

France won the war to deny Britain its colonies. America just provided some of the manpower and then took the credit after France went home.

Which makes way more sense then the patriotic myth of lone gunman wandering in the woods somehow getting the 10,000 kills needed to break the back of the British army.

It was obviously a rhetorical question that you made and you already made up your mind.

Yes, American culture. Real American culture.

You know what doesn't work in any battle? Cowardice.

>You know what doesn't work in any battle? Cowardice.
Jokes on you. My cowardice lead to me surviving.

You know who also says that? The disgusting creatures on welfare and entitlement programs.

Don't abandon your humanity if you still want to be counted as a person.

contempt is bad too

> You know what doesn't work in any battle? Cowardice.

Fighting like a coward is fucking great. You know what fighting like a coward means?

It means fighting in a way that lets you hurt the enemy with no risk of getting hurt back. Like hit and run attacks, or dropping bombs on them, or using drones.

Cowardice, properly cultivated, is the heart of incredible strategy that wins wars.

Fighting like a coward is the way of the weak. I guess if you want to survive though, bring a crossbow to a sword fight.

thanks gonna check then

Really good show.

Only by libtards.

You probably wouldn't even be there if you were a coward in the first place.

That's not cowardice. Cowardice would be running away from the fight entirely, you're just talking about sensible tactics and trying to conflate them with a flaw.

>You know what doesn't work in any battle? Cowardice.
>what are airstrikes
>what are ballistic missiles
>what are guerilla tactics
>what is economic warfare
>what is cultural warfare

Fighting like a coward is how a weak man beats a strong one. Which just goes to show how effective it can be.

> You probably wouldn't even be there if you were a coward in the first place.

Correct! The MOST cowardly way to fight is to win the battle from a distance, beyond your enemies range of retaliation. Press a button, launch a missile, go have lunch.

Do you know who is doing all those? ISIS and terrorist, North Korea, China, the kikes. Is it a coincidence that they're all enemies of the US?

>Fighting like a coward is how a weak man beats a strong one. Which just goes to show how effective it can be.

That sounds so familiar...

>what is modern warfare
>what is the evolution of warfare

This thread turned to shit.

The only difference between cowardice and sensible tactics is whether you get to declare victory afterwards.

If you lost, you 'ran away'. If you end up winning, you 'made a tactical withdrawal' and then did whatever ti was that won you the fight.

As a coward, my goal is to get out of this alive an unharmed. A STUPID coward just equates that to running away, but chances are that you can't actually run forever. This fight happened in the first place for a reason, after all. A SMART coward alternates between running away when shit gets too hot, and finding ways to attack the enemy while still staying as safe as possible.

And that last part is also known as strategy.

SENMETSU

>Do you know who is doing all those?

The United States?

I mean, the guys you listed are doing it too. But do you seriously think that the USA isn't engaging in cultural warfare?

I guess we don't use guerilla tactics much these days, but only because we don't need to.

>changing the meaning of words to suit my argument
There is a clear difference and it is in the intent of the action. You're still not advocating cowardice.

No, it's because the ones in power in the US are trying to slow destroy America from the inside.

You know, like how Islam keeps claiming there are "moderate Muslims" and have nothing to do with ISIS yet the moderate Muslims keep defending ISIS?

Fuck off to Sup Forums you bunch of clapistani.

Because how could you possibly harm something this cute?

If there are no moderate muslims, then who are all of those muslims that ISIS keeps murdering the shit out of for not supporting ISIS?

Do you know who the Sunni and Shittes are?

melty a best

>what are airstrikes
USA + allies + russia
>what are ballistic missiles
USA + allies + russia
>what are guerilla tactics
ISIS
>what is economic warfare
USA + allies + china
>what is cultural warfare
USA + jews

Anyway my point was that you called cowardly fighting ineffective when that is clearly wrong.

This thread is shit, and you should all feel bad for having participated in it.

Now, post more squid!

Oh go fuck yourself with a tire iron, you mongreloid, de geso~

I like that she inks down below too.