Is overlord worth watching?

is overlord worth watching?

The real-time shitposting back when it aired is what made it worth it.

remember the scene when he kills clem with that hug
shit got me rock hard

so is it just a mainstream anime that everyone likes because everyone talks about it?

No, you got it wrong, it's a fun anime that's still good but you missed out on a lot of it by not watching it with Sup Forums

>is overlord worth reading?

Yes it is.

Better SAO with actually nice MC. Also he is kinda evil.

>reading that abortion of literature known as light novels

You watch subtitled animation but get snobby about short fiction?

ok, thanks!
so I will probably watch it
and if I like it I'll read the novel

Then why are LNs always better than the anime adaptations?
LN > anime.

It's just your typical transported/reincarnated into another world LN where the MC can kill everyone, he's the best and also a monster. Typical powerfantasy.

I mean it's kinda fun if you're into that but if you're not then don't bother.

Good thing that Overlord is actually a novel then.

pretty boring, especially near the end.

No

>that webm
Touch-Me didn't use a giant axe.
Also Overlord is an LN even if it is double the length of normal LN's.

Watch it yourself and find out, you lazy fuck.

Make sure not to run with that edge!

That's common sense you lazy druggie.

What the fuck are you talking about? Sup Forums sucks.

>evil
But he isn't. The dude is the most kind-hearted guy in the show.

>But he isn't. The dude is the most kind-hearted guy in the show.
Well maybe you should start reading the light novel

I already read them all.

Imo you should Try and read it as fast as possible. Entire charecters are cut out in the Anime VS LNs. I could see why it was needed, but still. Ln > anime

>the dude is the most kind-hearted guy in the show.

Sasuga Ainz-sama.

Well why do you think he is still good then? Due to his passive conditions he has become a sociopath incapable of empathy.

Watched that shit for Hara Yumi's character at first then stuck around for being bombastic and not grating.

The shorts were fucking humor, btw.

>incapable of empathy.
Then why does he give a shit about Gazef and the people Carne?

That doesn't look like Soulsborne. Is that the Fallen-something game?

Ainz is a bit of a crazed killer i would maybe say so

the player behind him is not...

Definitely. SAO was great.

Definitely: 300%

it's kinda meh
just read the mango it's faster

>Is ____ worth watching?

Of course not. It's a pure waste of time.

>Is ___ worth doing?

Yes, probably. But let's watch cartoons instead.

>just read the mango it's faster
Fuck that, just read the LN it's better than both the anime and manga.

NO don't do it

Because he still knows what he should feel. He just doesn't feel it.
He could let all of them get killed if it helps his agenda without ever loosig a secound thought about them ever again

>But let's watch cartoons instead.
Good taste user

Manga is way behind bud.

Not really. Kind of disappointing. Too much power fantasy.

>He just doesn't feel it.
He can still feel emotions,it's just that when they surpass a certain point they're brought back down.

>I only like mature and deep things for mature and deep person like myself

Good shit.

>asking for opinions on Sup Forums
>wants to take them objectively

Grow the fuck up son. Stop being a little bitch. rule is 3 episodes, now stop sucking on your mother's teat and do something on your own.

So I heard that Nigel isn't translating vol 10 anymore. Is there any truth to this?

>he has become a sociopath incapable of empathy.
Nope, he can still empathize with people, that's why he treats his subordinates well, rescued hapless people in Carne and felt bad because being unable to help Nanya.
It's just there are too many evil, greedy and stupid people around him who force him to have no other choice than killing them.

Read the LN anime was rushed. Anime isn't bad but the LN is better and is one of the few LNs that isn't garbage tier writing.

Lords of the Fallen, yeah. It's fun, I suppose.
It was good enough to get me, someone who has never read a light novel before, to read a light novel. You can make do with just watching the anime and then picking up the LN if you don't have the time or don't want to invest too much. I'd personally recommend reading up until the third one and then watching the anime. I believe the third is were the anime ends.

Because that's the very beginning of the story. A few months later and he's turning people into insects cocoons, making genocides and kidnaping people to make the most nightmarish experiments.

>The relationships between NPCs mirror the relationships that the Players who made them had with each other.
>Demi vs Sebas mirrors Ulbert(?) and Touch Me
>Shalltear and Aura's bickering match Perorocino and Teapot
>Pandora's Actor is all alone and is seen as an annoying, over the top character by even Albedo, Yuri, and CZ.
>Pandora's Actor doesn't notice that everyone else kind of stays away from him.
>This suggests that Momonga was the only one in his guild who thought he was friends with everyone else. Everyone else thought he was an eccentric RPer.
>This is why basically only HeroHero showed up on the last day to say goodbye to Momonga.
>tfw Ainz discovers the truth.

>turning people into insects cocoons
You mean the workers?
>making genocides
You mean the Katze Plains incident? Because if so that was war, what were you expecting was gonna happen?
> kidnaping people to make the most nightmarish experiments.
That's Demi's doing.
Also just because he can do those things doesn't mean he dosen't have emotions or that he doesn't have empathy.

Anyone know anything about volume 10? Is it not translated or mayby we get fanfic?

A synopsis of the entire anime:

>JOHN CENA* WINS LOL

>*I MEANT AINZ LOL

>turning people into insects cocoons
It's not "people", but filthy robbers who had no problem with killing anyone just to get their treasures. They deserve their fate.
>making genocides
There's a news for you. People die in war.
>kidnaping people to make the most nightmarish experiments.
Ainze knows nothing about Demiurge's doings.

I'm curious to see Chair's interactions with PA, if we go by what's been shown of Ainz and Pero's relationship they'd get along pretty well. If we go by this then it would be kind of sad.
It comes out at the end of this month and yes Nigel will be translating it.

>So I heard that Nigel isn't translating vol 10 anymore. Is there any truth to this?

Yes, he is gonna instead do fanfics that closely follow the OL cannon.

Yes.

Is it just me or are we seeing a lot of "should I watch____" threads lately?

He legit doesn't care about Carne or Gazef. He wanted Gazef as his servant because it would be useful for his plans and Carne needs to be safe to secure the help of Nfirea.

It's summer.

So.. summer is a time where ppl catch up with last season's Anime or summer heat cooks ppl's minds.

If that is the case, Prepare to explain TGOALID again.

Go back to your Fun Farms, Demiurge.

Remove your fucking name, nameshitter.

>He legit doesn't care about Carne or Gazef
Then why did he respect Gazef's wish of not being ressurected and not taking his sword after he killed him?
>explain TGOALID again
Please not again.

Read the LN

>implying Demis farms aren't self sufficient.

I've read the LN.

Got pretty tedious pretty quickly.

>I read it, yet I can't understand a thing!

Risk?

I know why he honored Gazef's wishes, it was because he rspected him and actualy felt that he was good person, he actually cared for Gazef. You're aguing that Ainz doesn't feel anything, so tell me why he would've done that if he didn't care.

No, he won't. Why do you guys keep putting words in his mouth when you don't even read the threads?

>You're aguing that
Nah, I don't.

He was treating it like a PvP duel from the game. They set the rules and he abided by them. There was no care or emotional feelings attached to it.

Ainz by the 9th volume really does not care about human's lives. He cares about his children, his lost friends, and the guild.

Did the sub I download cut out Ainz explaining why he ditched his regular gear for resistance gear to fight Shalltear.

Only reason I figured it out was people posting about it in different threads.

I watched 5 episodes and it was godawfully dull

If you plan to read then make sure its the YP novels as the fan translations are garbage and just edited machine translated shit.

read the novels

Then why did you argue he that dosen't feel anything?

It's been a while since I watched the fight but that was probably a line from the LN and it got cut from the anime.

>why did you argue
I didn't.

Then why did you say it.

I did not.

This is just getting hard to watch. The same user has not been replying to you. There's been at least three of us and only one thought Ainz had no emotions.

>If you plan to read then make sure its the YP novels
>ever reading anything from JewPress
Have you not read their NGNL translations?

>getting hard

It took Yen Press 5 tries to get the summary down. Nobody should have any expectations for their novels.

It definitely is if you're a fa/tg/uy.

I didn't mean to be so l-lewd.

Not really OP, I'm just five episodes in and MC is the most powerful anything ever, he has no ties to the real world at all, all his followers adore him by default because have him win them over would require writing effort, the shittiest potion he carries is like the holy grail for the natives and so and so.

Its a bad show.

>he has no ties to the real world at all
I see what you did there.

Huh, Overlord is #1 in Asian Myth or something on Amazon right now.

I figured they cut out which seems kinda ridiculous. I thought I missed an episode since it goes from God Gear Ainz to Hobo Robes buffing up and they never explain afterwards how he min-maxed his resistances to trick Shalltear which seems like a pretty big oversight for building his character. Maybe they expect viewers to know he planned to ridiculous degrees based on his over the top scroll use.

>every story should be the monomyth

Out. You don't even understand what the basic premise of Overlord is about.

The anime does explain he used Holy resistance gear.

wew

>Have you not read their NGNL translations?

No because NGNL sucks.

I've read their index and Log horizon volumes and the translations pretty good.

I know you are a poorfag but don't justify machine translations as anything but shit.

Puppet strings cut?

>b-but muh power fantasies