youtube.com/watch?v=B6zM_jcnkWA
youtube.com/watch?v=1zT4nMzA-zo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Annual niea_7 thread? Sure.

ABE thread?

>WHEN.jpg
In three years.
I can feel it in my bones.

Curry man was weird at first but ended up being thoroughly enjoyable. It'd be great to go the the actual restaurant, if it still exists.

>still haven't watched NieA_7
Gomen.

It's worth a watch to complete the set and while I enjoyed it, it didn't feel nearly as finished as the other shows that ABe has been involved in.

>if it still exists.
Yes, the curry shop is still here.
I saw ABe twitting something about that guy a few months ago.

I honestly don't recommend it. It fails to live up to its promises and instead resorts to dated humor.

The show itself aside, Niea_7's opening is still one of my all time favorites after all these years. I really can't understand why some people really dislike it.

youtube.com/watch?v=B6zM_jcnkWA

So how are them BDs?
Me neither.

You really can't? Really?

What promises? It's an attempt to compile some of the ideas from the original doujinshi and it shows in how disjointed it is. The mistakes of Niea_7 are a big part of what made Haibane Renmei far more successful because they realised that regardless of the origional material, a show needs to have a backbone.

I honestly can't. It's a fantastic piece of music that wouldn't be nearly as good with a different singer and it encapsulates the tone of the show incredibly well.

It very obviously wants to portray drama and struggles relevant to poverty within a light-hearted SOL context, but fails to really make any of the characters meaningful in the long run because it wants even more to make dumb jokes. The stuff that happened at the end was disjointed and forced precisely because of this. There wasn't enough struggle or demonstration of the characters' lives to live up to its tone, despite all the potential to do so.

I don't really like the OP song but I enjoy a lot the ED song.

Don't get me wrong, it had a lot of potential that it completely missed out on but the main reason that it failed to portray much meaning is because the source material doesn't either and unlike with Haibane Renmei, the writers didn't fill in the gaps.

I tried watching NieA_7 a long time ago after I watched Haibane but dropped it in the first few episodes. I don't remember why, but is it worth picking up again?

It's nothing at all like Haibane Renmei, that's probably why. I'd say it's worth watching because it's short, has some decent bits and is interesting despite its flaws but if you weren't enjoying it at all then you're not missing out on too much.

No Despera. Ever.

I have hope. Not much mind you, but not quite none yet either.

I don't know why but I always loved how gentle this image looked. In fact, it got me into Niea Under 7.

NieA is having fun but I can feel Mayuko's despair in that pic.

It was my first poverty anime, I am ashamed to say.

ABe's gorgeous art strikes again.

None of his work ever evoked the same sense that image did though.

I like this pic.

Top left: ZR, slut
Top right: Trying to molest another girl, slut
Bottom left: Her expression shows she would obviously prefer to be at home schlicking to her teacher. Turboslut.
Bottom right: Pure girl with proper sock length.

AbE is the best.

never forget

>Top left: ZR, slut
>Top right: Trying to molest another girl, slut
I will fight you.

They look absolutely awful, I regret buying them. It's QTEC hell.

>QTEC hell
What's that?

Like what happened to the Haibane Renmei BDs. Smudgy as hell lineart, looks like they put vaseline on the thing.

ABe is busy now drawing a (full-color) creature manga. Not as funny as Yotsubato! In my opinion, but it gets in the head of the protagonist in a really neat way. Not sure why more people don't know about Ryuushika Ryuushika.

Also, first time I saw ABe's work was on a site called Tareme Paradise. I haven't checked to see if the site still exists.

Ryuushika Ryuushika ended last year.
It was really awesome.

>Ryuushika Ryuushika.
It's pretty well known here but there just isn't much to talk about. A few chapters were dumped in the last ABe thread.

I think it has more of a child's perspective, which reminds me of my own childhood. Yotsubato! Is more from a parent's perspective, kinda "kids do weird things and say funny things."

Also, NekoYasumi is full spaghetti.

>I think it has more of a child's perspective
You're right and that's why I think it's absolutely pyschedelic.

How did they manage to teach Tom Waits to sing in Japanese?

youtube.com/watch?v=1zT4nMzA-zo

No NieA_7 images here so have a Rakka.

I WANT TO BELIEVE

Doc and Ran are cute!

They are.