/m/ hates Mobile Suit Gundam SEED. What does Sup Forums thinko about it?

/m/ hates Mobile Suit Gundam SEED. What does Sup Forums thinko about it?

One of my fave gundam series idgaf

You need to get

My first gundam series and it was shit

my first gundam was SD Gundam

My first gundam series and it still holds a special place for me, but it was fucking trash. I'm not going to deny it.

It's shit, only thing worse than Seed is Seed Destiny.

I've only seen the dub of Wing when I was a kid. I think it was pretty cool, but I honestly don't remember much of it. I know I bought some boss-ass Gundam models (Deathscythe Hell, Wing Zero, and Epyon) and proudly displayed them for years before I even knew what "anime" was though.

>you have never rewatched the re release of gundam seed remastered edited to perfection edition

seed re is worse than see orignal

I may be a Gundam nut but I sure as hell am not going to watch the remasters. I would rather rewatch Try.

try kinda sucked it felt like that 80's show....
the only part i liked i when they sing anime jai nai!
you have probably seen the gif/webm about remastered anyways

Flay is the best character of the show.

IBO is much worse than the original SEED.

she was truly too good to be with Kira

> why do the good die young

SEED is okay but not very good. Pretty much average in all aspects.

I went into Destiny thinking it was going to be some Valvrave twist-a-minute trainwreck type shit, but it only really got bad in the last twelve episodes. That last cour was enough to ruin the entire show, however.

SEED is pretty average during the first 2/3 then Lacus brainwashes Kira after him surviving through bullshit writing and the junkies appear just to murder us with stock footage. Destiny goes to shit halfway and only manages to get worse as the show goes on.

Seed okay? Compared to the rest of the gundams it is always ranked in the bottom 5. Never in all my life have I seen a show reuse a set piece of animation so many times than in SEED and that is the least of the problems.

>Never in all my life have I seen a show reuse a set piece of animation so many times than in SEED
Try Utena and GaoGaiGar.

I should have clarified and said in Gundam history.

I loved it back in 6th grade. Too scared to rewatch it though.

And the Lord said:
Fuck of Shinn, I'm the main character now.

Gundam Seed without Destiny is in my top 3 mecha shows of all time. With Destiny it's the worst gundam series tied with Build

The same as /m/.

I can't really hate on build, it reminded me of Angelic Layer more than any other stuff in the past.
Also they had great girls, and one of the top 5 Milfs in anime. Those girls had more personality than those 100 episode shonens.

My daddy's little girl rich bitch can't be this genocidal. Actually it's funny cause she's canonically a psycho slut who uses sex and a whole lot of acting to try to get the MC to kill coordinators for her.

Lacus is pretty much the reason that an entire generation of anime fans is concerned about characters turning into Mary Sues and hates Gundam princesses. Nips also think she's like the greatest most inspirational female character ever and she pretty much dominated Newtype polls for nearly a decade until they had to ban her in order to have more room to promote newer characters for Aniplex and Bandai. Eventually they'll probably have to ban Saber too.

Okay, so the west hates SEED, but why does Japan love it? What made it such a smash hit over there?

The soundtrack

They clearly had no idea what direction they wanted to take the show in by about the end of the first cour which I remember thinking was better than Seeds first cour. It went south really fast after that with all the shore leave, characters dancing around the same simple internal conflicts and really just not a whole lot going on. Also random idol concerts.

Morosawa was just so completely out of her league being given the task of filling 50 episodes worth of content. Nowadays of course it's practically normal for just absolutely garbage writers to be given the series composition position and just have the show sell absolute gangbusters for dubious reasons but back then she was practically a pioneer. Since she only ever got the gig because her husband was the director producer of the project it was the only thing she'd ever work on until her recent death.

Is there a Gundam series that /m/ likes aside for the first ones?

They have a massive boner for War in the Pocket and Turn A Gundam. Two of the worst Gundam's ever. At least in UC canon.

>Turn A
>bad

>Turn A
>Good

Take your shitty oval shield and boar much back to

love this shitposting

Basically imagine a Gundam series if it was written like a light novel series and went full throttle omni-pandering at a time when it had virtually no competition from anything. Also if you think Kirito and Asuna defined the whole Mr. and Mrs. perfect thing they have nothing on Kira and Lacus. Kira is like the invincible perfect emo pretty boy pilot character that aces every encounter without a scratch and then angsts over it and Lacus is a pop idol peace princess with an entire army at her command that takes on the combined forces of both major super powers and effortless comes out on top. They're also both 100% right about all conflicts and situations even when they're not really. Japan loves this sort of stuff, USA doesn't hence why it's still the best selling DVD only release for an anime series of all time and still the best selling ever by gross since it's like 13 DVDs with average sales of nearly 100,000 a pop counting rereleases.

>still the best selling DVD only release
>still
It's not like that's likely to change now.

>they had to ban her
Jesus Yamato.

Best non-UC Gundumb. Destiny doesnt exist.

It was great until around the time Kira magically teleported back to the colony.
Then went to shit.
Destiny was fucking terrible in general, especially with the plot/characterization resets, only saved by Athrun hijinks and Luna, the latter of which got forcefully shipped with Shinn to leave a bad taste for everyone.

Seed was 6/10, destiny 1/10