Smart Phones... WHY???

I guess you can say I'm an old guy. Back in my day, if you wanted to call someone, you did it via landline and if you were lucky, they were home. Otherwise you'd just go talk to the person in person.

I do like cells, but I hate texting and I never use my phone for the internet. Screen is too small and I have a real computer that I use for that.

Is there anyone on Sup Forums that feels the same way I do, or is everyone on here a millennial?

Other urls found in this thread:

topdocumentaryfilms.com/panopticon/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseband_processor
fsf.org/blogs/community/replicant-developers-find-and-close-samsung-galaxy-backdoor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you're not alone

Plus, why the hell do they consume so much fucking battery juice.

Glad to know. Even my generation has been obsessed with these things. It's nuts.

>Back in my day...

Stopped reading right there

I don't like the touch screen
Used to be able to text while driving and never have to take my eyes off the road with the old click button phones.
With the rise of the smart phone, people started crashing more while texting. It's true

how much do stones cost these days?

>Stopped reading right there

And that is why your generation is so stupid. You refuse to even listen to your elders.

I use mine as a portable link to the internet. I stream music and browse the web much, much more than I talk to people. My cell phone plan only has 120 minutes included but unlimited texting and data so I can use it wherever I am.

depends on whether you're a faggot

shut up faggot

I hate smart phones, too. Look at what they have done to everybody. Eating out with friends? Stare at your phone. Memorize any facts at all? HA! Consult Google on your phone. Have a conversation with somebody? Na, just text them and b sure 2 misspell evrythn.

>3.5mm headphone jack
>Ability to charge with a regular old cable you can bum off any dude on the street

The future is now old man. Adapt or get left behind.

Guess what, the generation before you thought exactly the same way of your generation. Older generations will be always hating the newer ones, just because they don't understand them. This will happen to my generation too.

>42
l used to. Then I learned to live again and got with the times.

Now I shitpost on Sup Forums just like the youngins and don't use the phone if humanly possible, just texting and apps.

Elders sure fucked up this country for us, your opinion isnt wanted.

Anyone under 25-30 is a materialistic useless cunt in America. They need the newest phone, even though its shit and nothing special but they still need it to be cool. Same with the pre ripped pants these pussies buy because they too lazy to work.

I never pick up my phone and/or respond to messages. People eventually leave my life because they don't get anything resembling human contact from me.

I love being alone above all, but even if that wasn't the case I'd hate the goddamn things because there's just so much left out from, like, face to face conversation that it's just maddening and ultimately unbearable.

Depends on the phone. I had an s2 that some fat black chick gave my mom and it hardly lasted for shit. When i switched providers i got an LG that i can leave on all god damn day and be fine.

I second that notion. Touchscreens are garbage, you can't use them without looking unless the buttons are huge. And this plays into having a convo too! I could keep texting via muscle memory and look up to talk with someone, but with a touchscreen I either have to focus on my phone or just give up doing what I'm doing.

cellphones literaly proven to cause cancer
seriously
brain cancer

not to mention we wouldn't have a surveillance state without them. fucking microphones in everyones pocket good grief we're retarded. what an obvious trap

>Back in my day
Go to bed grandpa.

I'm a younger fellow and hate texting/messenger. I like calls tho, probably since I grew up on skype calls. I never use facebook or insta either, and whenever I tell someone I dont have one they look at me weird. I use twitter for cancer and following ppl.

Well listen when Boomer scum has something to say worth listening to.

It wasn't that long ago desu.You have a short attention span?
A monkey has a 28 second attention span.A goldfish 9 seconds before smartiepants phone in 2006 people had a12sec attention span but now thanks to the cognitive reduction of your "Smart" for them phone implementation attention span is now 8 seconds.1 second less than a goldfish.
I never had a facebook page or a smartiepanx phone.
The Nordic countries were the ifrst on the smart phone panopticon
They're the most cucked right now.
Idiots become the Avatar for the smartiepanx phone which is smarter than you.
Perfect example was the Pokeman craze where ppl walked into traffic,off cliff falling to their death and other mayhem brought to them by their smartiepanx phone.
The Intel agencies used the phone to make the humans the avatar of the "phones".
I'm still back in that day.
Smart phones carry a dossier of your info with you.Everyone you know.All your texts and all your responses. I still don't and won't ever have one of those phones.I will also never ever have facebook either.As doon as facebook came out I knew it was a weapon.You gotta be crazy to have either.
It snitches on you It tells them where you are.They can access all your personal info.They want you to pay your bills with it.It's the doorway to the cashless society and the personal microchip which is being implemented now.
You're being trained by your phone.
It cut your attention span down.Just cuz he said "In my day"? Tech advances exponentially now.
In his day? Wasn't that long ago.
topdocumentaryfilms.com/panopticon/

I'm also old, and have a dumb phone that I leave home. Costs like $12 a month. Fuck texting.

same shit here, been on a flip phone since like 2003 that i only use for necessary communications like work, unpredictable circumstances, and family

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseband_processor
>A baseband processor typically uses its own RAM and firmware
>Since the software which runs on baseband processors is usually proprietary, it is impossible to perform an independent code audit. By reverse engineering some of the baseband chips, researchers have found security vulnerabilities that could be used to access and modify data on the phone remotely
fsf.org/blogs/community/replicant-developers-find-and-close-samsung-galaxy-backdoor
>Today's phones come with two separate processors: one is a general-purpose applications processor that runs the main operating system, e.g. Android; the other, known as the modem, baseband, or radio, is in charge of communications with the mobile telephony network. This processor always runs a proprietary operating system, and these systems are known to have backdoors that make it possible to remotely convert the modem into a remote spying device. The spying can involve activating the device's microphone, but it could also use the precise GPS location of the device and access the camera, as well as the user data stored on the phone. Moreover, modems are connected most of the time to the operator's network, making the backdoors nearly always accessible
>we discovered that the proprietary program running on the applications processor in charge of handling the communication protocol with the modem actually implements a backdoor that lets the modem perform remote file I/O operations on the file system
Phone users are being tracked 24/7