ITT: Fighting styles and techniques that look cool but are actually impractical

(See: Anime, entirety of)

/thread

Hard mode: Fighting styles and techniques in anime that are actually practical.

You'd have a harder time finding the opposite

Anything in World Trigger

I'm guessing sports manga doesn't count or else it wouldn't be much of a hard mode.

Ikkaku''s Bankai, it's somehow even worse than his Shikai since at least his Shikai doesn't break forever

>impractical
in the real world maybe, but in one piece more swords = stronger technique

1 sword - Shishi sonson
2 swords - Rashomon
3 swords - Sanzen Sekai
9 swords - Asura Ichibugin

lel

Best character in the series.

Naruto is actually fucking good what the fuck
Why you memed me like this Sup Forums?
I dropped It after time skip, all your fault

KUNAYAROW BAGAYAROW

It's pretty ok, when you skip the bad parts. And believe me, you'll be skipping a lot.

>darksoulspvp.webm

Some of the fights are ok. Everything else is shit

Its okay once you skip the fact that theyre ninjas and more like superhumans

killer b is basically the only thing that's good about post time skip naruto

Just go to youtube and search for "naruto fights" instead of wasting your time on this

AoT fighting style ( adapted from free fight )

this little shit

This guy's sword is just too big the be called a sword. Too heavy...

And sometimes, that looks ridiculous as fuck.

What was the weight again? 800kg?

It doesn't look cool either. How does he even use the mouth sword at all? Not to mention Oda is just shit at drawing sword fights.
>zoros new super move is he runs at his opponent, and then he's behind him in a dumb pose and he won
Wow amazing I love it. How does he come up with this? All sword fights should be like this.

So... According to you, Ryuma's fight is shit ? Are you a human being ?

Yes. Only the end of the fight was cool.

>fucking good
And the good parts are overshadowed by the bad parts, who represent 90% of the series.

The most disappointing thing with this fight it's that Sasugay loosing and then he just goes "lol nope eyes" and win.

mouth sword is top10 most retarded things in shonen
How dou you even move it

If Naruto were 90% this instead of flashbacks, talking heads and "lol so randum" facial expressions, it wouldn't get half the flak it receives.

How the fuck does that even work in motion? Out of all the swords why is not even a single one in his hands?

>AoT
>practical fighting style

Nigger you what.

and all other pro-wrestling moves.

I assume he means the MMA stuff when the titans fight eachother.

That has happened quite a few times in competitive fights. However that page looks like shit.

WWE fights, maybe.

He literally spins like a top, and uses the free hands and feet to move as he bounces around. On the top of that, he throws his weapons, and freely let weapons in joints fly, and some times catch them in hands or feet.

The main impracticality stems from the one directional motion and lack of vision. He could do a lot more with a longer weapon paired with something like a dagger or claw.

Dempsey Roll.

Lel no, grecoroman wrestling mothafucka.

All of them, get a gun.

This looks practical until you remember derringers have a smaller caliber than normal guns.

yes, I'm sure somebody got suplexed into unconsciousness in an actual fight, this is a thing that happened.

look kid, wrestling is cool, but if you're "fighting" under rules that don't allow pokes to the eye or kicks to the nuts, you aren't doing actually effective "fighting techniques".

I don't seem to get your point, you're telling me that no olimpic fighting is worth using in "real life" cuz it does not contain kicks to the nuts or poking of eyes?

It's worth using, but won't be as effective.
The best martial art in the world is Krav Maga, which has no tournaments because it's only purpose is killing the enemy by any means necesary.

That shit where a samurai intentionally sheathes their sword so they can slash it out really fast with one hand.

yeah, a suplex is very practical

EKSUKARIBAH

Bitch, every martial art was designed with the intent of killing/rendering your enemy incapacitated.
What happened is that in modern days they were turned into sports and therefore lost all their killing purposes.

>The best martial art in the world is Krav Maga

i won't fall for the schlomo tricks

To be fair though he has super strength, fights hordes of demons, and apostles are like 15 feet tall. Pretty sure a normal sword just wouldn't be able to cut someone like Zodd deep enough.

>Not gun kata

You really don't know all his techniques, right?

Anything from Gamaran.

Nothing more practical than just punching your opponents in the fucking face.

Kill yourself.

Pretty much any scythe, no matter how big it is for more 'reach'. Source. every Owari no Seraph thread after the girl reveals her scythe.

That's pretty damn good. Bless that animator because I wouldn't know where to start with a fucking knee and fupa sword and ridiculous shit.

Nah. When you rapidly decelerate it can cause organ damage from your shit slamming into your ribs, let alone the actual breaking of bones and joints from impacts. 3dmg is pretty neat concept though.

>all this ignorant cunts that don't know the greatness of Krav Maga
well it's Sup Forums so it's normal that they know shit about that

Around 200kg.

The strong guys you see in just about any gym could pick it up, though wielding it is a different story.

>Inb4 Jewish meme

Rukia uses a scythe in a pretty interesting way in Bleach: Fade to Black. Using the long end of the scythe like a spear and shit.

>The best martial art in the world is Krav Maga, which has no tournaments because it's only purpose is killing the enemy by any means necesary.
>Krav Maga /krɑːv məˈɡɑː/ (Hebrew: קְרַב מַגָּע [ˈkʁav maˈɡa], lit. "contact combat") is a self-defense system developed for the Israel Defence Forces (IDF) that consists of a wide combination of techniques sourced from aikido, judo, boxing and wrestling, along with realistic fight training.[1][2] Krav Maga is known for its focus on real-world situations and it's extremely efficient[3][4] and brutal counter-attacks.[5]
Literally self defense that focuses on counter-attacking. Not 'for killing people' you underage, murderers and military men do not kill people using their hands ever unless they have to.

Why don't you learn a thing or two before shitpost and get BTFO.

>Strong guys you see in the gym could pick it up

What guys do you know can pick up 400 lbs? Maybe a select few who are body building. And if they can lift 400 lbs they wouldn't be able to keep it held up for more than a few seconds at best, you're greatly overestimating the strength of the human body.

>Guts can pick up and swing around 3 of me with one hand

A-ah-aaaahhh

>What guys do you know can pick up 400 lbs
Not him but lots, just because of the place I work. Lots of guys there are jacked and/or on steroids. Like the user said, wielding it is another story, but just to pick up 400lbs isn't as brutal as you think. With one ending resting on chains or the ground, I can lift and slightly push a pack of wood up that weighs more than a thousand pounds, and I'm not very strong.

>I don't know what is Krav Maga so I searched it on Wiki and now I'm a fucking expert on martial arts
pathetic

>military men do not kill people using their hands ever unless they have to
yeah that's why they fucking train like that, because in war you never know in which situation you will end you fucking retarded piece of shit

And you somehow disproved my point about Krav Maga not being a 'killing method' in that bitch post where? Oh that's right, just semantics and more 'it's the best in the world' talk that I was clearly avoiding too because you can't even define or proerly use the word 'best.'
>Y-you quoted a source, that means you only read that source that only read it now
Insert smug reaction face here.

Street fights are stupid as fuck, a suplex could actually work if you know how to do it beforehand. Anything that isn't pants on head retarded will work as long as you're strong enough to pull it off.

People who are into bodybuilding won't be able to lift that much ( well it's not that they can't, just that they won't ), if you aim for aesthetics you should be lifting less than that and focusing on lowering your bodyfat.

That being said any strong guy at a gym can lift 400lbs in deadlift, I'm pretty damn skinny and I can still lift 225 lbs for one rep though

>punching the hardest part of the body with the most delicate set of bones
Very effective indeed.

It's okay, Touma has dragons in his arm.

I don't even bother man, if you want to know watch some videos at least. Don't fucking quote Wikipedia and act like you know what are you talking about. Also I'm not the guy that said that Krav Maga is the best one but I think that is one od the best ones

Some of Real Drive's well-animated sequences had some MMA-inspired fights.

Holy shit, someone actually remembers Real Drive.

Hamon

Archer's fighting style in Fate Stay Night could work IRL if someone had the guts to do it.

he aimed at the nose, the softest part

Fuck I hate Sauske

Dropkicks.

Is this from Garouden, or did some new Baki get translated?

Yes, everyone who became an 'expert' or otherwise experienced fighter went on to make anime or post on Sup Forums. I know that's where i'd show off my skills and knowledge.

Did that when I joined the SEALs and i've regretted it to this day.

that's leverage user though user.

Like you said though, deadlifting a 440lb sword is far different from wielding it, which is literally the most efficient means of lifting dead weight up off the ground.

Some high level shit right here user

checkmate

Looks legit.

I have a hard on for using teleportation/interdeminsonal shit while fighting plus coolest guys the best.

Spinzaku

But that would actually be practical if you were capable of using it.

if only it sucks the only story I have ever read to get teleporation right is naruto and kinda psyren I guess.

It always pissed me off how stupid and impractical this is