How do you think the series would have gone had Joey defeated Marik and claimed Ra? I imagine he'd be able to wield it...

How do you think the series would have gone had Joey defeated Marik and claimed Ra? I imagine he'd be able to wield it, defeating it's previous owner should be more than enough to prove you're worthy.

He probably would have given it to Yugi but I'd have loved to see him wreck people with it. The god cards got nerfed to shit after battle City but it would have been a nice change of scene.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lQGoJSvoaXg
youtube.com/watch?v=OSUSqCf0mGo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'd defeat Marik. With my dick.

Joey would have won that duel if Marik didn't cheat.

Fucking Mai would have beaten him if it weren't for.
>"you can't use Ra because you can't read magic ching chong egyptian speak lol get shrek."
Marik sucked.

You know it bitch.

Shit, that's true.

Mai should have beaten him. Mai should have fucking beaten SOMEBODY. She could've been so cool, but the fucking Yu-Gi-Oh writers had no vision.

"You can't surpass infinity!"

"I just did."

>Years later...
youtu.be/lQGoJSvoaXg

Was this the most bullshit moment?

Joey's loss to Marik and the duel with Dartz are up there but this was some out of nowhere shit.

Ancient Egyptian mindrape magic was the only thing Marik knew how to do. It's not his fault, he grew up in a cave.

Pretty much every user here can defeat the nigga. The trick is to bait him into using Ra and survive for one turn, then victory is yours.

What the FUCK does pot of greed do?

Draw 2 cards.

Break the game.

Don't worry, the show will make sure to tell you what it does every. single. time.

What about that catapult turtle moment or "soldier, destroy the moon"?

Remind me again why that's such a banned card?

Those were before Yugioh had rules, they didnt even have to sacrifice for better cards, it was basically whoever had the most blue eyes won.

Because it's a no brainer to have them in your deck. If it weren't banned, everyone would have it, which isn't good for the meta.

I think the idea was that you wove a narrative with your cards in order to create an effect that would let you beat your opponent.

But now there are rules and shit.

Instant +2

Card advantage with no tradeoffs is insanely good in card games.

Not like they couldn't just limit it to 1 per deck.

Too bad.

It really is kind of sad once it dawns on your that Marik only won his two duels in the tournament because of bullshit technicalities.

Granted why the hell Mai didn't just finish him off with her Harpies. I guess she was trying for a flashy finish, but she got royally hosed instead.

i find him sexy

youtube.com/watch?v=OSUSqCf0mGo

Here you go user

>tfw won't be able to see the pinnacle of ygo anime until 2017

He wouldn't be able to wield it, and he would have gotten slaughtered next round.

But it does really feel the main villain wasn't actually a threat. Yeah he's a homicidal maniac but it really feels the plot forced Marik as the main arc boss.

Agreed. I have a lot of problems with how Battle city played out.

They just limited a draw one and give your opponent 1000lp to one
It wasn't healthy because it was just like having 37 cards in your deck instead of 40

;_;

The problem with Marik is that he was fucking shit.

Seriously, go rewatch his duels - he almost lost every single one. Both Joey and Mai should've beat him, I don't remember the others.

The biggest asspull was when Kaiba said he'd kill himself if Yugi defeats him during the pegasus arc. What a fucking faggot.

There's more to why Pot of Greed is broke than what the other anons have said.

In card games, speed is exponential. That is, your speed grows in proportion to itself - while PoG makes a slow deck a little faster, it makes quicker decks MUCH faster. In short, it does barely anything for a bad deck, but makes a good deck a great deck, and a great deck totally broke.

>It wasn't healthy because it was just like having 37 cards in your deck instead of 40
There's more to it than that:
>Adds consistency to any deck.
>Allows FTK decks to exist.
>Loses money for Konami because you need to buy 2 less cards per deck.
>Enables degenerate combos (Life Eq shit)

He was the original edgelord

Remember that stupid Mammoth - Dragon fusion?You would want to jump off the cliff too if your opponent pull something like this out of his ass