If I've never watched this, should I opt for the recap movies instead of the series?

If I've never watched this, should I opt for the recap movies instead of the series?

No, faggot.

Watch the serie, skip last 4 caps and watch the movie that is about the ending

Do whatever, dude, it's your time.
I'd watch both though, series first.

Watch the series, moron, you can't possibly squeeze 27 episodes into 2 movies.

Ignore what this guy said, if you're gonna watch the movies it should be after you've seen the series.

just watch it and skip the recap episode.

The fuck, no. Just watch the series

Watch the series because the recap movies skip the best part.

>you can't possibly squeeze 27 episodes into 2 movies.
You can with Dragon Ball Super pacing.

>Season 1 plus second movie
only correct answer.

That is doable, but then he loses the rage from the second cour.

>season 1
I don't think you know what "season" means

I actually didn't like the movie's version of the ending, felt like it over did it and it kinda just felt flat.

Chouginga Gurren Lagann > Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann> Winged-Gurren Lagann > Gurren Lagann > Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann > Arc-Gurren Lagann

Oh shit I'm sorry

Considering the series is overrated as fuck, you'd it might be a better use of your time to opt for the movies. Unless you're particularly fond of mecha anime.

What's with all the requests recently? Did the mods just abandon Sup Forums?

I can't remember but did they really skip the entire battle of Teppelin? I know they at last skipped the Lordgenome fight which I was furious about, it's my favourite part of the series.
That's agreeable, I suppose, but do you really have to specify "season 1" when there's only one season in existence?

Tengen Toppa is the best you goddamn faggot

I would honestly just think you are baiting if it wasn't for the fact that I used to think the same the first time I saw it, didn't think it was anything that special, even a little bit boring, I don't really know why I decided to re watch it, but the second time, everything just clicked together, I guess when I first watched it I was in my teens, so I didn't really care much about the general theme of the series, when I re watched it though, i was 20, and I really appreciated the whole willpower theme, now days its within my top 3. So I guess what im saying is give it another chance if you haven't seen it in a long time, the anime may be exactly the same, but your personal taste changes.

All of them.

If you're going to watch anime then commit all of your time.

Do not watch the movies, they change some plot points for the worse towards the end.

in case you want to know what it is exactly:
towards the end some (lovable) characters sacrifice themselves to protect a spaceship

in the movie they just never do

they all also transform into power-ranger type megazords and fight the end boss one on one for a while which is also kind of retarded considering it preaches "teamwork" all throughout the anime

The problem I had was that cast wasn't likeable enough to compensate for the relatively vapid plot. The fight scenes seemed rather bland, being little more than [drilling intensifies] and the over-the-top/comedy aspect wasn't played up enough for it to be entertaining.

Watch the series and then watch the intro of the first movie since the one in the series is a massive plot hole

Watch the series.
After that either watch the movies OR just watch the final battle of the third movie because it's significantly more hype than the series final battle.

Watch up to the timeskip and drop it.

>so I didn't really care much about the general theme of the series
even if you didn't get the theme, you didn't like giant robots fighting other giant robots and the protagonist turning a fight around just by being manly?

>the protagonist turning a fight around just by being manly?
Not him but that's just retarded, and I fucking love super robots. Part of being manly is keeping a cool head and thinking out of a situation and not just activating his special snowflake powers by shouting and winning every fight after it.

Watch series. Watch the 2nd movie.

>Part of being manly is keeping a cool head
no, that has nothing to do with "manliness", maybe heroism, or good leader, or smart human, but not "manliness"

>and not just activating his special snowflake powers by shouting and winning every fight after it.
oh noes, the hero is winning, who did see that one coming?
Oh please, the hero winning is a getgo from the beginning, the only important part is, if it is entertaining.If you don't think being over the top manly and winning the battle like that is not entertaining, better show me your tits now or gtfo

Theres only 2 movies isn't there

No, absolutely not. Watch the original TV series from episode 1-27.

>no, that has nothing to do with "manliness", maybe heroism, or good leader, or smart human, but not "manliness"
We can chalk this up to a matter of opinion, but Getter Robo did it a lot better. You can yell and be "manly" and let the Getter Rays take you for a huge power boost, but it will also take over your mind and body and kill the other pilots. Therefore having to keep a cool head, and Getter Robo is hailed as one of the manliest.
>If you don't think being over the top manly and winning the battle like that is not entertaining, better show me your tits now or gtfo
Sure, it is entertaining, but TTGL didn't have the characters to back it up outside of Kamina (despite being a complete clone of a Nadesico character), which is why episode 8 was actually pretty good.
Also, you type like a retard. Go back to

dont bother with the movies, they dont have english dub's.

>Should I watch the Rebuild movies instead of the Evangelion series?

This is how stupid you sound.

Watch the TV series, then watch the movies later (not immediately, watch it when you're starting to forget about it - like 2 months or more, because why would you watch almost the same thing twice when it's fresh in your memory?)