>Used and dumped by a Mitsumune looking fuckboy
>Bullied and isolated by her "friends"
>Rejected by a beta who turns alpha only when his dick says so

Find me a character more pathetic than Maimai

Easy.

>is from reddit
>posts here anyway
You.

remember how all the autists used to throw a bitch fit whenever someone said Mai Mai got dumped by her boyfriend? They used to insist that she was just rejected instead

I wonder where they all are now

At least he has (had?) a job

And yet she's still better than all the other girls except Nanko.

What are your theories regarding Masaki, Sup Forums?

I'm getting the serious feeling that she's collecting human sacrifices to uphold her end of a deal. The deal probably has something to do with the missing Aida Masaki. Perhaps a trade to get her back?

Probably because his dad got it for him.

I want to date Maimai, would love the fuck out of her, if you know what I mean.

Easy
>manlet
>boobhead
I can't take this character serious again

Masaki is just a cute autistic girl who did nothing wrong.

what the fuck was wrong with valkana this last episode? did you want them to kill the girl or not?

Isn't that too big?

Aida is probably Masaki's onee chan who died and the spirits said that if she wants her back she has to bring sacrificies

This latest episode made me take another look at Yuuna. Turns out, she was based from the beginning.

Did anyone else laugh when the silicon monster came on? It was so fucking ridiculous and hilarious.

He finally saw through Speedo's devotion.

>women
>indecisive
Breaking news

You're not going to convince me anyone actually likes Yuuna.

What did she mean by this?

>Did anyone else laugh
no, you were the only one who found it funny.

you need to participate in the Friday threads f.am

>Valkana
>woman
You fit right into the Mayoiga cast for retardedness.

>>Used and dumped by a Mitsumune looking fuckboy
IT'S TOKIMUNE

We already know she's looking for her sister, I want to believe she really is manipulating Mitsu for her own plans and the writers are trying to play with our expectations by making her look innocent for now because it's the only thing I can think of that would make her interesting at this point but I'm not going to hold my breath.

but valkana a cute

CUTE

Why does Sup Forums prefer Tokimune again?

Like I actually remembered their fucking names
Mayoiga is something I watch and laugh at the women screaming at each other

Tokimune = alpha male
Mitsumune = beta cuck

I think she's one of the previous inhabitants of the village. (and originally a runaway, which explains the note in the newspaper)
Possibly a survivor from some previous group of weirdos who also tried to settle in the village and ended up killing each other or getting lost in the woods and dying.

Tokimune was not alpha, he was a fucking stupid brat.

Her behavior toward Mitsumune suggests she really is manipulating him, even if she has guilt about it. She burst into tears when he told her she's a good person, she apologized over and over again in episode 7 when he was unconscious, and her behavior took an overly friendly turn once he was awake.

She took him to that tunnel for a reason, but it wasn't so he could confront his trauma.

Reminder that alpha males get themselves killed by their own stupidity.

>mother preferring her spastic ADHD kid instead of her unusually well-behaved kid

That's how you know this is fiction

Why is detective Nanko running away from society?

I think Masaki is the one that let Jack free. She must have felt bad that he wasn't given the choice to stay or go, and she already seemed to know her way around the place based on what she did in episode 5. He chose to leave and she must have told him about the tunnel too, because he was following the departing group from a distance. I think he entered after Maimai and the rest fled and managed to make it through.

Did you notice how she didn't come back for Mitsumune when he got bitch slapped by the penguin? There's obviously something beyond the tunnel that's letting Jack sustain himself, whether it's the real Nanaki village or if it's just the second bus from the concept art. Also the way she explained how it all works makes it sound like either she's done it before or she's shown someone how to do it, not something she just knew via legend/story. What's even more telling is that she returned from the tunnel way later, which she has no reason to do unless someone is beyond there.

There's no way Jack is out there in the middle of the forest fucking around with no food or water so this is what I'm sticking with until proven otherwise. Masaki knows that Mitsumune defended Jack so she wouldn't have any worries about having them meet. I'm not sure about this last bit, but I think he may return to aid Mitsumune in his time of need in predictable fashion.

>dont kill her she's a ghost she'll curse you or some shit
>wait she's a human go ahead
>>women
Oh shit. Plot twist of the century?

Nanko can't run from anything with all that fat.

I like Yuuna.

I didn't know she was carrying you.

Oh and to add on to my long ass post, I know there are two tunnels but I think they lead to the same destination. They both work the same.

Yuuna's the most believable character in the entire show

She's not running away, society rejected her.

He's objectively best boy.

I prefer Mitsumune because I prefer someone who isn't dead.

Too many fat foods in modern society. She was hoping for a forced diet in the village.

The answer will be shown at ep 9
Soon

There's a logic there, though. From the mother's perspective, it's not entirely abnormal to think that your child, who is someone you unconditionally love, is acting out because they need more care from you. The well-behaved child, on the other hand, doesn't need help. Thus, the problem child gets attention. She doesn't actually prefer Tokimune.

>"Then why can't she get over Tokimune's death? Why does she ignore Mitsumune?"

Dying is the ultimate care mistake, the ultimate result of her failure. Thus it results in a reaction like described above, except so extreme that it steps into the territory of mental illness.

Or her motherly senses don't allow her to acknowledge that Tokimune, who believes he is/is pretending to be Mitsumune, is his brother. Mitsumune is the one living the lie, and that's why he couldn't cross through the child. He hadn't accepted his own identity yet, he's running away from the reality of it all.

She's going to be getting her forced diet it looks like. Dozaemon is eating all their food.

the fuck is the point of 30 characters if they're not gonna be killed off every episode? a bunch of these nothings haven't had lines since the first episode? my boner needs more blood

>vanillafags

it's just criminal how we aren't getting more Maimai

I think she set Jack free too, probably telling him the same thing she told Mitsumune.

Whether he'd believe her or not is hard to say. He may have been tailing the departing group from a distance to try and verify what she said. We know that Jack's been betrayed by adults, and the look on his face when Mitsumune defended him was that of surprise - he clearly has trust issues, or at least tends to be skeptical of those around him. We also know he won't take on a fight that he doesn't think he can win, as evidenced by him trying to book it when more people showed up during the Judgeness debacle. If his confrontation with his trauma went anything like Mitsumune's, I think he would've bailed.

It's hard to account for what would happen if he did manage to best his trauma. Hell, it's hard to account for whether or not these traumas actually can be beaten. Mitsumune was afraid to face his illusion, but all things considered, he was in a pretty good place mentally: his rapport with Masaki has never been stronger, his real story is known to someone else. Seems like those would be ideal conditions for him to be facing his innermost pain.

We really need more information. The wait between episodes is painful.

Twelve more yottsuns until episode 9, the bloodbath is coming.

That's why I'm annoyed.
Half of these characters are fucking pointless, I'm sure most assumed that having this many means at least a couple would be killed off but NOPE.

Okada ruined something great with her bullshit.

But Mitsumune is dead. Nobody used their real name on the trip, as much as he'd like to make you believe that. Just like how everybody is running away from reality - Tokimune included.

The fact that Tokimune's death was cut out means that this anime won't have gore

How does that make you feel?

Absolutely fine, because I didn't buy into the Another maymay.

The fact that his death was cut out is suspicious because it clouds what really happened.
Repost.
>mitsumune seemed ready to confront his trauma only to be btfo for some reason
>its because he hasnt actually accepted the truth
>they show us the flashback again later but his mom wasnt the crazy one, it was toki insisting he was mitsumune
>his dad slipped up and called him by his real name on accident
>speedy knows hes delusional which is why hes so upset that masaki is encouraging him
>the ticking time bomb foreshadowing still hasnt come into play
>space zong sent the email

While I by no means am saying that there will be gore, I think using a child's death as a measuring stick is a pretty poor idea.

RISE, SPACE ZONG

Thanks for the spoilers, asshole.

It might have started out like that, but spending more time caring for Tokimune leads to a stronger bond and attachment, hence the scenes where she's playing with Tokimune while Mitsumune stands alone, and where she hangs his drawing but not Mitsumune's.

I know that he's supposed to have hit his head directly on concrete, but I think it's weird that he didn't fall to the left, which looks like a much longer and more dangerous fall, if they wanted to kill him.

This. I don't think there's going to be gore and I don't really care either way, but you can't really expect them to show the death of a young child. Tokimune was probably all of 5 or 6 years old.

My pleasure.

It would fucking suck if they did this.

It's weird as fuck to me that in both the flashback of ep 7 and the depersonalization episode of ep1, Mitsumune envisions the fall itself. It's not a necessary visual cue to convey that someone fell from a wall. If anything, it suggests he was the one who fell.

It's a metaphor. Tokimune died that day, but Mitsumune's identity was what really died. It's why in the dream when he wakes from the hospital, his mom runs to to Tokimune and hugs him even though Mitsumune is right there.

>Except Nanko
You, sir, are my nigga

That's precisely how it works in real life, mate.

t. unusually well-behaved kid

>**4,299位/**3,867位 (***,*87 pt) [*,**0予約] 2016/07/06 迷家-マヨイガ-1 [Blu-ray]
Where did it go wrong?

I preordered my copy from amiami.

what does all this shit even mean

Well, we sell mre than Endride

When was it ever going right?

only 87 Nips really like the show

Not enough meme

To be honest, Sup Forums didn't even hype before this started

It's shit.

> alpha males get themselves killed by their own stupidity.
That would make them not alpha.

What are we looking for in next episode?

All your waifus will die

The Trifecta of waifus is
>Masaki LionNyantaNanko

J A C K
A
C
K

To give them some lines before they all die in the end

>Mikage didn't die

But Yottsun and Judgeness are dead?

It doesnt show gore there because the ghost of tokimune who's pretending to be mitsune would have to look gory

They aren't based enough to live like Mikage.

Mikage didn't come to the railway btw. His ep 6 end scene is in the middle of the forest, when he was about to lie on the ground. Well the hallu ended, and nothing happened, so he's OK I think. So hallucination will do nothing to you unless you're the kind of retard that would fall into cliff

It's obvious there are not going to show everyone's past, we only have 5 episodes left and apparently something big is happening in episode 9 (a bloodbath. Maybe).

Whose backstory you would like to see (out of the 'background characters').

It's official now,
I ship Soy Latte x Pink Goddess.
May the love be you.

Puuko

Hag number two's going with my man Toshiboy.

Is Masaki guilty?

How do they plan on reintroducing Jack into the story now? They're in the middle of lynching Masaki and youkai are running amok. Just have him casually drop in during all this? To stop them from turning on Mitsumune next?

It's questionable given what we know so far. Okada's opinion of Yottsun changing makes it seem like he'll return in one form or another. Judgeness might possibly be alive, though slipping and sliding down a cliff likely damaged his expensive clothes more than Jack ever would.