Do you think girls were hotter back then?

Do you think girls were hotter back then?

>Do you think girls were hotter back then?
Do you subscribe to the theory of the heat death of the universe?

Very.

Name?, please

Yes.
Due to the shift to Moe, Sexy women have declined and even if included are never main girls.

they were cuter too

Her and brown swimmer were the best girls.

Anime used to actually be lewd. Now lewd just means two seconds of a panty shot

space idols

I would bang her.

They now defend the purity of girls too unlike back then where women in anime taunted the MC for being inexperienced/virgin.

Watching this gif without the music and hilarious dub just isn't right.

This is 10x hotter than most current hentai.

yes, absolutely

Even now, when they try to draw hot girls again, it always looks off and not quite solid.
They're like
>"Wait, what does a hot girl look like again? Uh, she's gotta have a big ass so I'm gonna draw those two balloons here, and I guess the hips will go wider like this... What's a ribcage again? Whatever I'll just put huge tits so i do'nt have to draw it. Shit, I don't know how a pelvis works, I guess I'l just put very narrow and low-cut panties so people won't notice I can't draw hips. Aaand I guess I'll just leave the arms as they are, thin and scrawny, nobody cares anyway."

You couldn't get away with that nowadays because almost all avid anime fans now are faggoty bitter virgins who want to live in a fantasy world where all the pretty girls they like are super cute and lewd despite having never known a man's touch, and they must be pandered to if you ever want to sell that merchandise. For the record I say this as a non-bitter virgin who wouldn't mind living in such a fantasy land but wouldn't want to live in a world without cute slutty anime babes or women who are at the very least well-experienced, either.

Bakuon had the same scene, so no, it's still the same

To be honest, virgin girls are overrated.

they're only okay if they're genuinely beautiful and not loli sluts

It's really a tough one. Generally they were animated far better and had more endearing personalities, and they had that irreplicable old school charm that modern women lack. But they were also often designed with little to nothing in the ass department and had very poor attention paid to their curvature outside of their breasts, which usually resulted in women with 10/10 tits but thin hips and unattractive legs. As an ass/leg man, that's a real moodkiller for me.
It's pretty fucked up that these days we have boys with way hotter figures, sexier legs and wider hips than a lot of women from back then, but it also shows how far we've come as a race and I can't help but be a bit proud of that.

If I learn to draw, I'm going to pay a ton of attention to the thighs/legs/ass/hips. Screw it, I'll just pay attention to the whole girl.

Dude you're hilariously wrong.
Wide hips =/= hot hips. You can have fairly narrow hips that are still very attractive because they're drawn in a believable way.

Im with you with the ass part. Japs can't draw a good ass, they usually draw the person bent over to insinuate that there has to be something there. But 80% of the time it's just flat

the grain in old work of anime is pretty great imo

animu today looks over the top CG

I disagree wholeheartedly. They need to be at least proportionately wide or curvy in order for them to be attractive to me.

Yes.

Cute is shit. Freaking Medaka's a stunner compared to some of the skinny waifs we get these days.

Yes, and they could be cute while still looking and acting like human beings.

Are you sure I can't find that anywhere.

90s is the best

>Japs can't draw a good ass
Now let's be reasonable here, the ones that put real effort into it can draw up a booty so good it'll make a grown man cry. Namaniku ATK and Fumio instantly spring to mind.

Post those bitches from the past! Post 'em!

I wouldn't say hotter in the general sense but they were just designed better. The art has devolved quite a bit and they are tied in what they are allowed to do now a days

>they are tied in what they are allowed to do now a days
I thought society was supposed to be more progressive now?

Macross II

>2002
It wasn't that long ago

yes

If you look back, they use to get away with a lot more shit than would ever be allowed today. It's sad really

This is gonna be my new main shitpost copypasta

>skintight clothing the show
bueno

>14 years isnt that long ago

If you rack your brain, I'm sure you'll be able to think of a few anime series featuring idols in space.

Believe in me who believes in you.

That's just so wrong.

Gundam had lots of nice, crazy hoes.

The 80s had the best tomboys, therefore it had the best girls.

Who is this adorable tyke?

80's my waifu

Ishtar from Macross II

I fucking hate nostalgia fags. I really do. They're not as bad as pretentious newfags (aka SHAFT and Gainax fans) but they're pretty bad.

There was a metric ton of just downright terrible shit back in the day, equally as vapid and shallow as the the shit you see nowadays. People tend to look back at ten year spans and pick like maybe five shows that were genuinely great while proclaiming the era as a golden age.

Ironically? I'm an oldfag who has been into anime/manga since the late 80s.

Posting my eternal waifu.

Yes really. Now go away ho, you stink like old man cum.

No.

Looks like a man with make-up

They were the same age, so I don't know wtf are talking about.

I think you mean Rin from Fate Stay night

It's Noa from Patlabor.

Figures a cunt would post an Eva image.

But does the best of the 80s and 90s hold up against the best of later decades?

Thanks mate.

Define best. I will say this about modern anime: it has more THICC which is a recent trend that I encourage.

>There was a metric ton of just downright terrible shit back in the day, equally as vapid and shallow as the the shit you see nowadays.
Doesn't change the fact that girls were better back then.

>Define best
Well, the ones nostalgiafags continually point to as defining the "golden age"; as opposed to the vast sea of rubbish they've forgotten about.

We really don't have old anime threads these days outside of these character type/body type/fetish thread horny 90s kid equivalents.

Besides the girls were shallow.

I just finished watching Ashita no Joe where it showed 8 year olds(or younger) smoking several times. Compare that to what we get now days.

I see, no love for Aki

Absolutely not.

I agree.

>girls were better back then
If you say so, hombre.

Stop telling me things are worse than they used to be, it pisses me off.

Sauce?

That's right, it isn't.

Damn right!

Yeah it is, that's long enough to make a best girl.

Maybe we shouldn't categorize girls based on what time they're from and instead just appreciated them for what they are?
Golden Boy.

>google image
>instant results

>This stupid whore
>Best girl.

>Besides the girls were shallow.
Not any moreso as nowadays. In fact, I see more instances of female characters being nothing more than an attractive design put to a generic personality type (tsundere, kuudere etc) than before.

You're racist against gypsies.

You have to be over 18 to post here young man.

Mirai wa lovers is such a catchy opening, the only flaw it has is the engrish.

>brown swimmer
Show her!

Well that's a strange name for an anime.

One might argue that Aisha indeed was hot at least at some point

But user, NATHIN IMPOSSIBRU

Hikaru is mai waifu! Mai waifu!

Nice thread my sophisticated friend

Best hot spring episode ever.

I'm guessing there's something genuine compared to girls drawing pre-2000 compared to what we get now, the expressions are a lot cuter and detailing is nicer but the switch over to digital really killed that for me.

No, the bigger question is, what the heck happened to multiple layers of shades?

Biggest rose tinted glasses thread I've seen all day OP. Rin from fate works too.

That's really the only thing that I like in older series, more shading. Though a lot of that were movies and OVAs.

Digital is starting to catch up, we've still got a while to go. The problem with digital, IMO, is that it lacks the texture and natural variation of ink + paint. Everything ends up looking like paint bucket filled drawings with those ugly and sterile digital black lines.

Look at this image. They've managed to replicate a few things: paint texture on the hair, variable width and natural breakup on the lines, layered coloring on the eyebrows/eye lashes and overall there is just more variation to the colors.

Depends what the person means by golden age. You can cherrypick good shows at any time, but there were times where there was factually more money, talent, and variety in what's getting produced.

Or people can simply prefer a certain kind of genre, or art style. If you liked sci-fi, of course the 80s was your golden age.

It can be pretty reprehensible though, like people who say "I loved the 70s" while having seen Ashita no Joe and Aim for the Ace while never touching the mountain of World Master Piece Theater / Super Robot / old Majokko series that made up 90% of the decade

How's Aim for the Ace?

>old times
>actual women

>modern times
>teenagers and younger with extra bust size

>Anime represents the state of this day and age
Don't see everything wong with that. Have you ever been outside in your life?

Teens can be pretty good if their bust size is realistic.

>more money
This is true. There was a time when animation projects were able to secure more funding.
>more talent
Debatable. Even then, it wouldn't be the 80s like I'm pretty sure you're implying.
>more variety
That would require a pretty comprehensive comparison. Again, it wouldn't be the 80s.