Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita

I finally finished the last LN yesterday (not counting Heijou Unten), so let's have a Jintai thread.

Feel free to discuss Watashi's many charms ITT.

Bump.

>I finally finished the last LN yesterday (not counting Heijou Unten), so let's have a Jintai thread.

Are they translated to english? Will I understand them even if they are? What happens to the best girl?

I really hope someone like Vertical pick this up or it's done by the same company who did Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Shit girl, shit show.

her face when the /ss/ will eventually happen

and it wont be consensual

No.
Maybe.
She goes to the moon to find grandpa, learns about the truth about humans and fairies the now living "humans" were originally fairies, Assistant is the last living "real" human as the rest have already died out and ends up taking over grandpa's old job.

Also, her grandpa tells her to fuck the shota (he literally tells her to "take responsibility") and in Heijou Unten they go on their first date, kind of.

Kill yourself

I'd think their first night to be something like this

even with her personality, I doubt she'd actually take the lead in these types of situations

Nice. I love it.

Watashi a cute

yes user

you are a cute

now that I think about it

weren't they for most of the show at the point where MC could understand assistant speechless words?

No, I'm serious here. I watched the anime multiple times and it was one of my favorites still possibly of all time, yet I don't know how it ends.

well
now you know

Yeah, pretty much from when they first met. By the end of the novels he starts to speak normally, though he's still on the quiet side.
For reference, his way of speaking is very polite and he refers to Watashi as "nee-san" (姐さん).

Also, at the very end of volume 9 it's revealed that his name is Joshua Courtney; coincidentally, the word for "assistant" in Japanese is "joshu" (助手). There is also a flashback scene where Watashi's parents refer to her as "Margot" (マーゴ) but I'm not sure if that's her actual name or just a nickname.

I knew there was a reason I came to Sup Forums today.

thats very interesting and cute

I dont think Margot is a very nickname name

I could give a more detailed summary, but it'd take a while to write up.

It could be short for Marguerite, is what I was getting at.

>>I could give a more detailed summary, but it'd take a while to write up.
if you have the time, please do

What will fucking the shota accomplish? Just companionship or will it make half human babies to keep humanity around a little bit?

Where did the humans go? Why is he the last one? Humans aren't complex, why can't the fairies just make more if they can control time?

So many unanswered questions. You all know what would help? Posting more reaction faces of this goddess, I could use the additional pics. My Sup Forums reaction face folder is rather barren.

probably the latter

boy can be pretty bold when he needs to

he'll be on top in bed

>I could give a more detailed summary, but it'd take a while to write up.

It's hard to tell cause we're all anonymous, but I do this all the time and write paragraph Sup Forums, some times they're well received, other times they think it's copypasta. Just do what you can and let the words flow. The hardest step in a journey is often the first one.

>dumb shit shota got it with best girl
I'm not okay with this
fuck that little fag, he won't even be able to please her.

The grandfather told her mixing blood would make it stronger and "taking responsibility" was about not letting Josh's bloodline die out

The latter, more or less. He also considers Assistant to be amazingly talented (he did 70% of the work in restoring an old spaceship to working order and getting it to the moon to save Watashi while being the only person around who's completely unable to use magic) and that it'd be a shame to let such an opportunity go to waste. Also what said about mixing bloodlines.

>Where did the humans go?
Humanity declined. It just happened a bit earlier than everyone thought it did.

>Humanity declined. It just happened a bit earlier than everyone thought it did.

I understand the concept, but I need more details than REASONS LOL. If it was a slow decline, couldn't that be prevented? If it was a fast decline, then what caused it? I'm just saiyan, it is extremely odd that humans could invent intellectual, self sufficient eternal time altering entities yet die off cause they didn't want to fuck more; which in and of itself is ludicrous.

Part of me wants answers, the other part just wants closure so that I stop asking what if.

It's not important

>humans could invent intellectual, self sufficient eternal time altering entities
Fairies? They didn't invent fairies. Fairies were existing entities with weird powers that got drawn to humanity and started trying to become like them.

>They didn't invent fairies.

Why have I never heard of this before, this is my first time learning this, not even the OP mentioned this and you're the first one in this thread.

My mind has just been blown. That opens up more possibilities.

I don't remember anyone ever claiming that humans invented the faeries in the anime or the books. Or did I just miss it?

Do it!!
DO IT FOR HER!!

Bump while I'm writing the summary.

You're alone in the same room with this innocent little girl. What do?

Sure, user.
Teach her the pleasure of being a proper human.

I realized that the summary was turning into an novel, so I decided to summarize the summary.

At the beginning of volume 8, Grandpa is invited to a team that's going to the moon in an excavated space shuttle, leaving Watashi in charge while he's gone. At the end of the book, she receives a shocking letter: all contact with the moon team has been lost and Grandpa is presumed dead along with his colleagues.

Watashi decides to take matters into her own hands and uses a drug (featured in volume 8) that lets her travel to the moon mentally while her body remains sleeping on earth. On the journey there, she sees fragments of humanity's history, including humans meeting with the fairies through the ages, a small southern island nation constructing a space elevator and her own childhood. She decides to use the space elevator to go to the moon in person.

Meanwhile, while her mind is elsewhere the fairies have taken control of her body. She more or less transforms into a female Golgo 13 and travels to the aforementioned southern island nation and starts repairing the space elevator. When the restoration is just about done, she returns to her normal self with no memory of what her body has been doing while her mind was on the moon.

The next day she uses the space elevator to travel to the moon (Y tries to stop her but fails) and reaches her destination—an abandoned moon base—a few days later. She had been hoping the Grandpa had reached the base after landing the shuttle, the records revealed that the airlocks hadn't been opened. So, she takes a large rover and heads across the lunar surface for the predicted landing point.

When she reaches the shuttle, it's severely damaged but there's a habitation module on the ground not far away. Grandpa is inside, but something is wrong. She passes through the airlock and finally learns the truth: Grandpa is as good as dead, barely kept in existence by the fairy she gave to him before he left.

Cont.

>being a proper human.

didnt work too well for Y though

did they fuck?

How can you say that humanity has declined when we can use Astral Projection?

yes I also heard it for the first time here.

Fairies made the drug, not humans.

>Grandpa is as good as dead, barely kept in existence by the fairy she gave to him before he left.
Aw shit.

Using all of the candy she brought to the moon, she summons as many fairies as she can and is about to ask them to return him to life. But she hesitates. Grandpa congratulates her, saying that it's her human morality that prevents her from wishing someone back from the dead. In other words, she's become human. Watashi doesn't really understand, but Grandpa reveals that he saw the same fragments of humanity's history that she did, but while she was preoccupied with searching for a way to the moon he saw everything, even the long period of time from which no records exist. He talks some more about the relationship between humans and fairies. In the end, she uses the fairies to wish that the moon will one day be a happy and fun place to live on, knowing that it will take a long, long time before something like that will be possible.

Returning to the base, having used up all of her candy (and thereby fairy magic) she starts to look for a way to return home; the craft she arrived in was damaged by the journey and the space elevator itself is in bad shape. After a month spent on the moon basically studying the skills she will need to repair the tools she will need to repair the tools she'll need (and so on), a spacecraft crashes not far from the base. It was filled with sweets. Shortly after that, a landing craft approaches but it suffers a malfunction of its thrusters and is going to crash into the moon unless it can regain control.

Grandpa goes all Obi-Wan on Watashi, telling her to use her magic to save the ship. Watashi, finally realizing what she is, does just that using the sweets that were dropped ahead of the lander. The ship lands, revealing that pretty much all of the recurring characters have come bring her back to Earth. Assistant tells her how worried he was that she was dead and how glad he was to find her alive, after which he starts to cry. Watashi is taken aback at him showing so much emotion.

Cont.

AWW FUCK

Holy shit, now that's some good stuff.
Then maybe the "humans" are major fairies and the common fairies are just manifestations of their power.
The show makes a lot more sense like that.

And then Watashi was a fairy.

They decide to spend the night at the base before returning home. Y reveals that Assistant did most of the work in repairing the old spaceship and getting it to the moon and Grandpa contacts Watashi again, telling her that Assistant is quite the find and all the stuff about bloodlines and responsibility in the above posts.

"I can't say anything too suggestive to a relative, but... Don't let him go extinct. Take responsibility and do something about it."
"Eh? Ah? Fwah!?"

After a short epilogue where Watashi is revealed to have taken up Grandpa's old position, a letter arrives from Grandpa. He writes about how the choice is up to her to reveal or not reveal the truth about humanity to the world, and both alternatives will have their consequences. The letter ends with a number of post-scripts:

"PS: I have a favor to ask regarding Courtney. Don't dispose of my gun collection, but give it to Joshua Courtney instead. It was a promise, see.

PS: I did try to instigate things before, but obviously I respect the wishes of the people concerned as a matter of principle.

PS: Figuring out how I wrote and sent this letter is my homework to you. The answer is there if you look. If you work it out, I'd be happy to hear your reply. For someone working away from home, nothing is more encouraging than letters from one's family. Also, in the case of a great-grandchild of mine being born, you mustn't forget to attach a picture. Got it?"

And that's how it ends.

I left a lot of things out, so be sure to read it for yourselves one day, should you have the opportunity. Some say it's Tanaka Romeo's best work overall.

Thanks, OP, you're the MVP here.

>No, Watashi, you're the fairies.

>Also, in the case of a great-grandchild of mine being born, you mustn't forget to attach a picture. Got it?"

aww shiet

I wonder how their first date went

>"I can't say anything too suggestive to a relative, but... Don't let him go extinct. Take responsibility and do something about it."
>"Eh? Ah? Fwah!?"
Based Grandpa is based.

It wasn't "really" a date, though. Officially the two of them were just going around "inspecting" the new attractions that had popped up in the village since the recent population boom as part of their work. It just so happened that they were doing it on a Sunday. While dressed for the occasion. And trying really hard to avoid being seen by any of their acquaintances (it being a comedic story, they fail miserably on that last part).

It does end on a bit of a suggestive note, though:
And then, away from the chaos in our surroundings, we gradually deepened our understanding of each other.
Huh? Why am I not writing down everything that we talked about, you ask?
Well, in order to leave that to the reader's imagination, I'm actively hiding those things between the lines. What Assistant usually does spontaneously, I can now do as well.
That's why I'm hiding away all of the inconvenient facts, all of the shocking events and all of the embarrassing words from view.
First of all, aren't the reports I've written pretty much the same thing?
Well, that's how it is, so please let me off this once.

(The reports she mentioned are the reports to the UN that Watashi sends in after most of the stories in the books. They are written in a way that portrays the events in as positive a light as possible and generally leave out all the embarrassing or suspicious details)

thats all the information I need to know the happening is gonna happen or is happening

And it will never be adapted.

And that IS a shame. I'd love to see a proper adaption in chronological order that didn't skip or compress stories from the books. Selected stories from Heijou Unten as OVAs for an added bonus.

But that's literally never gonna happen.

You've just got to believe.

And producers have to run out of new stuff to promote so they'll go back to finish all of the adaptations they've started.

One of you anons, who have excellent taste as displayed in this thread, need to win big on some lottery and make the anime adaptation of the rest of the novels real.

;_;

OP here, giving this a final bump for the night. I hope some of you enjoyed the spoilers.

Thanks OP. For once you weren't a faggot.