Racism is a social construct

>be me in college for a diversity class
>first thing prof. says is to discuss "what is race"
>whole class agrees its physical/inherited
>teacher says we're wrong because its not biological
>"we are all humans biologically "
>"culture is the only thing that differentiates people"

Sup Forums what do you think about this?
does racist really not exist?
are we just superficial?

bone marrow transplants

uhhh it's pretty obvious that it's more than just superficial

nice shitpost

Your professor is an idiot.

But... shut up and go along or that idiot will flunk you out.

Welcome to college. Just park your pride and drink the Koolaide.

she claims that its only something we can see, its culture and its society that makes them niggas

I would have fucking decked that professor for being so idiotic with his presumption.

Most people who have studied Bio or Genetics knows that there are many biological disparities between races beyond skin color: Cancer predispositions, musculoskeletal system, bone density, predisposition towards aggression, etc

Your lucky the professor didn't report you to the RCMP for hate speech

black man here absolute load of shit. a Pomeranian and a German shepherd are both technically dogs, too. there are blindingly obvious genetic differences between, say, an Ethiopian and a Chinese dude.

Dogs have genes.

Dogs are classified based on genetics and category.

Are dogs different because of culture?

>She
Dropped

Race is a social constr-

I think we can all agree abbos are the missing link.

jesus christ.

does sunlight affect our mood?
do different colours of skin react to sunlight identically?

well I'm not gonna make a stand in class, I enjoyed the discussion with the class but she just pushed it aside and said "okay so lets all just agree that im right"

She compared race to dogs and our obseesion to keep them purebred but if you mix something like a pure pug and a Sheppard you get pic related
so I dont really get the point, she pretty much said herself mixing races is ehhh

>be in college for a diversity class

I was just about to post what she said lol
she says they are digs and there isnt a bio difference

If culture is the only thing that differentiates races, then how the fuck are there white and brown Canadians raised with the same culture?

God these ppl piss me off so much. You should have pressed him on it op, I understand why you wouldn't, but still.

:^) public safety, trying to teach us how to deal with the dindu's

>society is why and its ((((their)))) fault

Genetic differences exist between peoples, obviously, but broad categories (i.e. black, white, asian) are too arbitrary. This is the sense in which race is actually a social construction. So basically, saying race is a social construction is a sort of straw-man argument that sjw's use.

Blood transplants.