Have you ever un-dropped a show...

Have you ever un-dropped a show, only to find that you actually enjoyed it enough to watch it the rest of the way through?

Pic related.

I actually dropped Symphogear s1 but went back to give it another chance. It was still shit but compared to season 2, it was gold. Still don't get how that shitty series keeps getting more seasons.

Gatchaman Crowds and Samurai Flamenco

Exactly these two for me.

no, and your a faggot

Symphogear G in my case

Mahouka.

Lucky Star, Outbreak Company, and Working are the only ones that come to mind, but I'm sure there's been others.

I dropped it every week.

In all seriousness, Guilty Crown Thursdays were the only way I could keep watching this show and still maintain my sanity.

>Hidamari Sketch
I thought it was an Azumanga ripoff, until I realised that it was a whole genre.

>Shin Sekai Yori
Episode 5 or so, with the CG balls. That was terrible. I picked it back up around the time the next Yamauchi episode aired.

Eva after the last episode

SAO

Naruto shippuden except I went from manga to watching the anime

Yea

>CG balls

DAGA

SHIKAAAAASHI

Fuck my middle school self.

I dropped and picked up Hundred about 5 times each now, but I'm done for good now that Pink showed up. As soon as I saw her I knew she was worst girl and I have never closed my window faster.

> CG balls.
there's no cg faggot

is that sympho?

Revolutionary Girl Utena

>dropping symphogear

UR A FAG

Symphogear was always good. You probably just developed taste

>Still don't get how that shitty series keeps getting more seasons.

because it is gud

I dropped Texhnolyze at episode 10. It got depressing there. I picked it back up a month or so later, watched it from the beginnning again and marathoned it over a weekend. It was amazing.

which one do I watch first?
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru
Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou
Senki Zesshou Symphogear

Symphogear is too fun

You get a coin and you flip yourself off a bridge

I'd say Symphogear then Yuuki Yuuna

What show and episode is that?

Read the thread

I dropped JJBA after just a few episodes, part 1 just didn't seem to be for me.

A year or two later I gave it another chance because it is Jojo and for some reason I loved it then, even the part 1 that made me drop it before.

Symphogear's first several episodes were dogshit and you know it. Especially the TV version, with its South Park-tier animation.

Yes, same show actually. Dropped it while S1 was airing, now I'm a shameless fanboy.

Symphogear and Yuyuyu are good. Genei is dicks, don't even bother.

Yeah but it got better. At the very least it was good enough to watch.

m8, episode 1 was GOAT. Of course, shitty Hibiki got annoying, but episode 1 itself was GOAT.

It was hilariously edgy, and not in a good way.

Nah, on a re-watch I realized the show is surprisingly consistent and well paced. Or maybe those first episodes just work better on a re-watch. For example, Tsubasa comes off as much less of a cunt once you know her better.

are you talking about S1 or S3?

>not in a good way
Your tastes are hilariously bad, and not in a good way.

Come on, be original. We all dropped that shit every damn week.

The show was always good. You just realized it way too late.

Why would you do this to us? ;_;

The costumes are actually fairly good. Major props if handmade. Hibiki looks alright.

Kanade though.

Kill la Kill. Got through half of episode 1 then shut it off for about a year. Came back to it after developing a taste for tomboys.

All episodes are good on BD and rewatch, though.
Good battle choreography even if the budget isn't the best and a lot of foreshadowing for the latter half.

I wanna steal Aoi's geahphones.

Why would you post something as disgusting as this?

shirobako

SYD, weirdly. I would've thought the toilet humor would get less enjoyable as I grew older.

Just started it
didn't expect that, pretty crazy ep 1

Season 2>1>>>>>>>>>>>>In my opinion

Konosuba, I saw "You're dead and now must fight in an rpg world!" and thought yea no. I had no idea though.

Speech impediment girl rubbed me wrong at first.

I've never regretted dropping a show before. If I have any intention of ever going back to a show then it's just on hold for me, not dropped.

I watched the first ep of TTGL and didn't bother watching the rest until 6 months later, ended up liking it

Shit, meant to quote OP.

Gundam ZZ
That whole section between leaving shangri-la and entering Earth, like 18~ episodes of pure nothing. But I knew about the genre shift so I went back and powered through eventually.

>Girl is going to use her swang song, a forbidden power that will kill her and her enemy
>enemy survives
>girl survives

>guy can beat with his eyeleashes the enemies thet girls could barely defeat but never bothered to fight before

>super laser beam is shooted to the sun to make it fall from orbit and destroy the earth
>girls join and use a combined swang song
>laser still hit the sun
>girls survive AGAIN the recoil from using a suicide power

>Im a evil witch that for 10000000....00000 years have been planing the end of the world
>ganbarimasu-girl tells me she loves me
>you know what? I think I didnt want to end the world so badly you know, it was just a phase

I cant believe I watched that shit

shit show

>swan song

Thanks commie. Also, give up on living.

I don't know what a swan song it is never implied anywhere that a 絶唱 kills the user, just that it severely strains their body.
Kanade died because of the Linker drug abuse.She needed the drug to operate the Gear at all, so obviously a 絶唱 would be fatal to her.
Genjuro is a human, non-Gear users can't harm Noise. (except for the split second when they are materializing, but it is risky because they touch humans on contact) He can face any other threat as normal, though.

I undropped G, but when I heard Hibiki goes through her WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR for the third FUCKING time except through the entirety of fucking GX I decided to leave it where it was.

I've never dropped a show. No matter how awful it is, I always watch it until the end.

Do you guys rewatch an un-dropped show from the beginning again or start from where you left off?

Depends on how recently I dropped it.

I dropped Index for a while. I got back to it again on a whim.

to be fair to GX they had to change most of it last second because yuuki lost her voice and couldn't sing

ZnT
God it was shit and yet i still enjoyed it

Stein;s Gate: Failed the three episode test but people kept raving about it.
Gintama: Dropped when it switched from 4:3 SD to 16:9 HD
Durarara: Failed the three episode test but I picked it up again recently.

I dropped Madoka 3 times before I finished it, it is now one of my favorite shows.

Wait wait, Hibiki does a complete 180 characterwise because her VA lost her voice?

Seriously?

>couldn't sing
This isn't any different from when nothing's wrong with her voice, so I don't see why they had to change anything.

yeah, they obviously couldn't have her acting like herself and singing all season so they just had her in hospital all season
>not liking hibiki's singing

Having her in the hospital is one thing. Assassinating her progress as a character despite all the complete and total bullshit that was G (DARK FUCKING GUGNIR, FINE BULLSHIT AGAIN) so she goes back to square one is just stupid. Offensively stupid.

Please fucking tell me I was being lied to. Please tell me the writers aren't that fucking retarded.

Gurren lagann after the first seven episodes, it just didn't catch
the first 7 episodes were pretty generic to me, it got good after kamina died, then it got really good after the time skip

Shangri-la is underrated. It's not the best part of it by far but the sheer hatred for it makes it underrated.

The Dublin arc is one of the best Gundam arcs.

Why does she walk like that?

How was the second season? Worth the watch?

Yeah, having Hibiki go through the LET'S ALL BE FRIENDS, GUYS dilemma for a third time was tiring.

Plus the WUB WUB WUB songs sucked.

Shinsekai Yori

Too many to count.
Often I'm just not in the mood for the genre at the time or sometimes annoying fanbases ruining any attempt at reasonable conversation has turned me away from some show, or sometimes my expectations were way off and it throws me.

Shows like Moretsu Pirates, where I went in like half the viewers, expecting BODACIOUS SPACE PIRATE HOTTIES and getting insurance scamming privateers who take 4 eps to actually get on the pirate ship.
Dropped it about 6 eps in, picked it up a few years later and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Precisely that. The first episodes seemed too unnecessarily bad at first, and Tsubasa was unbearable. It got better for me after I picked it up again, but nowadays I feel the exact opposite - the show would've been better if it had stayed edgy and serious with clearly defined SoL moments, instead of becoming ridiculous.

Literally everything you just said is explained in season 2

I didn't even plan to watch it at first. Thank Eris I gave it a chance.

>Have you ever un-dropped a show, only to find that you actually enjoyed it enough to watch it the rest of the way through?
Steins;Gate

I couldn't give a fuck about that show until the end of episode 7, then I more or less marathoned it until the finish.

Paranoia Agent

Dropped it 3 times, but on hindsight I think it's great.

>s;g
same

I watched maybe three or four episodes of Yuyushiki, but then I got sick of the lolsorandom humour and dropped it
I started watching something else instead, but halfway through that I picked YYS back up again and it has been my favourite anime ever since

I had dropped Eureka 7 years back when it was still airing on toonami. I had caught the last couple episodes so I had seen how it was gonna end, so when I watched the first episode and just wasn't feeling it I put it down. Just watched it again a week or so with my room mate and had a great time. Never not liked it but middleschool me didn't have time to watch a show I had already known the ending to.