Absolutely nothing that happened in this episode of Re:Zero made any sense

Absolutely nothing that happened in this episode of Re:Zero made any sense.

>Subaru falls in love with his two killers who ruin his life and break his last shards of remaining sanity because they're cute maid waifus
>he says his heart belongs to Emilia and literally 20 minutes later confesses his love to Ram and Rem because reasons
>Ram attacks Subaru and destroys the mansion for no fucking reason and with absolutely zero proof because DRAMA
>Subaru kills himself and vows to save Ram and Rem, the two people who are responsible for all his terrible and gruesome deaths and torture because what the fuck

Clearly the author's intention was to cover up his shoddy writing with excessive shock value and gore, and it's clearly working.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

still the most enjoyable show this season...

There are """""""people"""""""""' on Sup Forums right now that are disliking Re:zero

I agree OP I feel like people only like this cause 'muh gore' and 'muh timeloop'

Hi secondary, You'll learn soon

>The original material is better, I swear!
Everytime.

Calm down Lord Chillidog. Love doesnt always have to be in a romantic sense. Thats reserved for Emilia. The other is for friends and family, those you care for in general. Ram does NOT destroy the mansion. Subaru must reset the loop because he cares about them enough to leap to his death and thereafter make a damn difference.

Source material: LIGHT NOVEL

That's not Sakamoto

That's not Macross Δ.

He wants to save his killers because he worked a couple of days alongside them

How stupid is this guy and show

It DOES make sense. You just lack the deductive ability to identify it.

But they are CUTE
And CUTE girls are always to be protected!

EQUALITY

Why doesnt he leave the mansion on the first day?

He could avoid certain death and drama

That's not bread and lolis.

Since you're a filthy secondary I'll fill you in on the detail and spoil you mildly

He actually has crippling depression, from the get-go he calls himself an "ugly person" not to mention later on in the series he constantly calls himself trash, stupid, weak and useless. The more cheery and meme-spouting he is, that farther away he is from his actual personality.

While it is mostly for his father to blame, the reason why he is so happy and excited for the new world and why he is so clingy to the people around him was due to the fact its a new life and a fresh start. He can finally make a name for himself rather than live up to his father, not to mention they were the first people who treated him kindly, and a place he can call "home" a place of his own, basically, Subaru still loves them nonetheless. He felt detached thus his reasons for wanting to work so hard in this world and dying for others was to have a place where he could belong. He wanted to have something that was his and his alone that he could work for instead of being in the shadows of someone else. He has a chance. Could have been early in the story but I guess better late than never, right?

You seem to have made the mistake of picking up LN trash aimed at actual fucking retards, and falling for the bullshit the ESL-fags spew about how "this one is totally awesome and any plot hole and inconsistencies are totally accounted for in the spoilers of volume 19 that I don't understand but read on animesuki and shitpost about here anyways! If you don't like it you're a secondary!"

Never ever listen to ESL LNfags. They are the worst posters on this board.

>Clearly the author's intention was to cover up his shoddy writing with excessive shock value and gore, and it's clearly working.
Very good, you figured out the empty hook the series uses to convince retards it has anything worth watching/reading. Now you can drop it.

The writing is brilliant. Re-read (no pun-intended) it if you dont understand.

I see you're seasonal NEET-pandering show.

You don't know what love is, do you? Just because you love your pets doesn't mean you gotta fuck them.

Hyper stupid

>tfw the seiyuu is known for voicing the most questionably written LN MCs

Dammit

>using LNfag logic as bait

Please don't

It's not romantic love, you faggot. And after this arc Ram will be mostly written out of the story.

Why doesnt he just go find his "new family" elsewhere?

Im pretty sure he could find some people who dont want to murder him

I call bait. There is no one this retarded in the world. 6/10

>Subaru falls in love with his two killers who ruin his life and break his last shards of remaining sanity because they're cute maid waifus
He spent a lot of time with them and he enjoyed it. Plus, with the previous timeloop, he understood that Rem didn't want to kill him per say, more or less that she was obligated to do so.
>he says his heart belongs to Emilia and literally 20 minutes later confesses his love to Ram and Rem because reasons
There can be different kinds of love. Just because you love one person doesn't mean you cannot treasure other people as well.
>Ram attacks Subaru and destroys the mansion for no fucking reason and with absolutely zero proof because DRAMA
Dude ran away after being questioned regarding the sister's death and was obviously quite suspicious in their eyes (the very reason he was killed again and again until)
>Subaru kills himself and vows to save Ram and Rem, the two people who are responsible for all his terrible and gruesome deaths and torture because what the fuck
See first answer, he came to like them and he decide to use his ability to do his best to save them.

If you don't understand, it might be because the timeloop creates a gap between Subaru's own feelings and the other characters' ones because he lived things like they didn't, which can make the development look rushed.

I like the show but I could interpret as he realized the maids arent the mastermind however that doesnt change the fuck they killed him before.

That didnt explain anything

>Defending LN writing in bait form to fan the fires

>defending LN writing unironically

Not sure which is worse

My condolensces. You must have failed the standard English course back in middle school. Because your reading comprehension is certainly sub-par.

Because he can't ignore people that showed him kindness for the first time in his life. Unless you're a psycho/sociopath.

Even though it was fake kindness?

Here come the LN shit eaters now

Its not a LN though, its a WN. A well written one at that.

ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/

Actually, the manga. Mangas are most usually my first.

Sure mang.

He's that lonely a NEET.

>well written

lol

btfo

Who else would it be if it's not the maids? Roswaal?
Surely they wouldn't introduce a new character as the mastermind, because that would be fucking stupid.

That fake kindness turn to some real kindness soon.

>gets the shit beaten out of him
>muh Emilia-tan

I fucking hate this guy

I haven't read any of the source, but what I have gathered so far is that Subaru was a hikki before going to this world likely without any friends. He knows that if he plays his cards right, he can convince everyone at the mansion that he's not a suspicious dude, and he's motivated by the close bonds he's had with them because they are the closest thing he's ever had to having friends.

Depression and an inferiority complex does thing to people user.

Tip for anyone looking to avoid cancerous fanbases on Sup Forums for future series
Vocal LNfags praising like the next coming of Jesus and of course they will blame the studio and not the source material in case it turns out to be shit (like 95% of LN adaptations ever)

Retards. Retards everywhere.

You mean that fake kindness turns to real murder soon

Which it does, and he knows it

I am honestly baffled by the steadily decreasing level of literacy and ability to read context on this board. It's like you all are actually autistic and it's not just what you tell your social worker to get autismbux.

Subaru said he loves them, but it is in the same way you love a dear friend, or a family member. He only truly loves Emilia romantically. This actually becomes a problem for Rem later on when she falls for him.

See
Now tell me that isn't depth to character. Not to mention all of the other things this user left out.

I liked the loli with drills. She was nice enough sadly she doesnt seem part of his harem but good to know she was dependable enough.

>Subaru said he loves them, but it is in the same way you love a dear friend, or a family member
He never said it like that

Re:Zero is the Grimgar of the season after all.

>>Ram attacks Subaru and destroys the mansion for no fucking reason and with absolutely zero proof because DRAMA
he's a suspicious guy if you actually thought about it

There is nothing wrong with finding your would-be killer(s) hot according to Big Order MC.
Guys love a challenge after all.

Thank you for not being a socially incompetent simpleton

He literally says that in the WN

Macross Alt-J?

>You don't understand guys
>They have a tragic backstory/trauma that explains all of their retarded choices and makes poor characterization ok!
Fucking love this meme. Never change, LNfags.

He just shouted "I love you guys!" If you were socally capable then you would see that that implied rooted friendship nd selfless care.

Literally Ieddit anime.

grimgar got some merits

re:zero is just fanservice, is more like sao

when someone has been treated like shit for their entire lives they're going to get attached to the first person who shows them kindness

So, why not lie about his powers and about his reasons to stay on the mansion?
I mean, he could say it was some kind of clairvoyance instead of respawn, and he could say that he was looking for Roswall and the knowledge in the library in order to get rid of the stench.

It's what he means. Have you never told your family that you love them? Are there no people in your life you honestly wouldn't grieve if they were to pass? To him Emilia is always #1, but he cares about others too.

Grimgar is boring shit, this is bad
But its entertaining at least

All choices are understandable. You just shit on it because "HEH LN GUYS" when it's not a LN originally.

You wouldn't? get the fuck off of Sup Forums

Not that simple either man. I suspect its his character too. He's very soft, very accepting. But vulnerable all the same. Just a good guy.

Only Sup Forums can gather enough autists that aren't able to distinguish love.

Anybody got the translation of Beatrice's reaction after Subaru commited suicide?

>brilliant
are you fucking serious, the show is stupid, half of Subaru's actions don't make sense and the only reason he does this shit is cause he wants to bone Emilia who he only met for a brief time

This is what happens when you try to smash a bunch of routes together.

grimgar anime had very bad pacing and low budget

>look at me being contrarian guys!

Unless you are an autist and can't understand empathy/social cues that should have been enough to explain his behavior

What's with all the praise for this episode not including from this obvious bait thread of course.

Oh wow. Suffering and edgyshit. Is this supposed to impress anybody?

>Rem and Ram held his hands when he was having a nightmare

I guess that's why he decided to suicide. He noticed they weren't heartless people, they were simply being cautious of him because of his smell and not wanting anything to happen to the people they care for.

>All choices are understandable
>He's an emotionally crippled NEET (like me!) so him being a complete fucking retard and making poor decisions at every turn is ok
>As long as he suddenly does a super badass sacrifice things and saves everyone at the end!
No, you're right though. Poor characters and characterization is totally fine if you cover it up with a sob story and label it as trauma.

They do, but it's not what you think. Seriously read the spoiler pasta if you can't wait a few weeks.

Subaru is unable to talk about specific information but is he allowed to talk about the fact that he can't talk?

>1st people calling it the 2nd SAO and a Konosuba clone with an annoying MC
>this episode hits
>everyone jumps ship and starts calling it edgyshit

Never change, Sup Forums.

nice bait

I don't understand your post. Are you saying I'm (first post) full of shit? Because you obviously don't understand. There was not even once a single mark of sexual attraction between him and the maids. It's just one-sided friendship.

I am serious. You must be an autist. Hello, nice to meet you. Im Leroy Jenkins. Dont hurt yourself, okay?

>story contains suffering and gore
>instantly crowned edgy and darkness

Complaining just for the sake of complaining are we?

He says "俺はお前らを大好きだってことだよ!" in the last scene. "Suki" and "daisuki" can be used for friends, romantic partners, and other loved ones equally, which sometimes causes confusion, but clearly since "omaera" (you all) is plural, he's saying that he likes them as a family, not that he's going to be his dick into everyone.

Subaru needs to stop obsessing about cute girls and ask for more information about the damn witch.

Compared to this show's edge for the sake of edge?

>look at me!
>i can be like the epic youtube reviewers too!!!

>Trust me man! Just read these epic incorrect spoilers and you'll understand why it's actually awesome!

>mfw people in this thread don't know that Subaru is the main villain

>b-but in the Light Novel!!
Overlord's LNfags were a lot less toxic, I miss those threads.

There's no point in dealing with retards like you. You'd claim the sky is green if it could allow you to stop being on the same side as "the other idiots".

Your mom and dad love you, you think they want to have sex with you too?

Love has more then one meaning.

this. it boggles my mind why some people don't understand this.

I thought that was Bakuon.

You must be an autist as well. We've all been saying that this isnt the sexual attraction type of love. It IS friendship. They care about him too. Read social cues man.

I rewatched this episode because I liked it so much.

Okay, so we are in accord, you must have just misread me or I must have been bad at expressing myself.

>Subaru is the main villain
Im curious. Is that true? is for the witch they mentioned?

>toxic

Im still wondering how this started. I started with the manga but nonetheless, I completely understand what went on. But this? How do misunderstanding like this occur?